Bio-Rad, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ability to learn
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CANovember 10, 2018
Improved my skills on how to communicate effectively with people from different departments and work together to find solutions and/or improvements to varyings materials and SOPs
Awesome place to work, management is wonderful
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CANovember 8, 2018
I loved working there. Everyone was great, good benefits great 401k, awesome place to work. My job was very rewarding. I worked closely with my team. Everyone works well together and I always had a lot of support.
Pros
Medical benefits, PTO accrual, timeroff flexibility
Productive and fun place to work
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CAOctober 30, 2018
Productive and team oriented environment, with opportunities to grow. Strong management and leadership with driving force to be successful.Professional work place that fosters communication and doing the right thing.
Good company, some growing pains
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CAOctober 30, 2018
Pretty good place to work but some problems related to separate divisions trying to become a global company, and not as profitable as they used to be, leading to yearly rounds of layoffs and contractions. Management can be highly variable, some have been there too long.
Pros
Reverse commute, nice campus, good benefits
Cons
Occasional periods of unnecessary stress due to crises of their own making
Better communication
Documentation Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Benicia, CAOctober 23, 2018
Employees are very helpful. People are very helpful, however; if you are not management you are almost invisible and non existent.
There's enough to keep one busy as this place is very fast pace. The only disappointment was I worked there for 6 months and they gave the position to someone else.
Pros
Free parking
Work place culture
Buyer Planner 3 (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 21, 2018
Silo mentality, made it difficult to gather consensus. Group finger pointing, defensiveness etc. Too many internal hires, not getting enough multi company experiences from external hires.
Overall it's good to work for Bio-Rad
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CASeptember 25, 2018
They value their core values integrity.
Have annual fair for all employees.
Employee Reimbursement for education
Promote employee referrals.
Opportunity to apply with in the company.
A Place for Complacency
Research Associate III (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CASeptember 23, 2018
This is in regard mainly to the Life Science division of the company. Overall, a decent place to work if you're looking for a relatively stable job in the science field. However, it is not the most exciting place to work and the company leans toward being too conservative and attitudes a bit outdated. Work hours are scrutinized, they frown upon working from home, they have zero tolerance for alcohol consumption (except for holiday party), and do not grant stock options-- just to name a few. Salaries are mediocre and raises are paltry. You get the sense that there is a great deal of complacency.

There also tends to be a lot of frustrating red tape that obstructs employees from being optimally productive. Unfortunately, the company also lacks innovation and tends to follow the rest of the industry instead of being a leader.

All in all they offer decent employment, but your are left feeling like your efforts are not leaving a significant impact.
Pros
Nice campus along the bay. Friendly employees and relaxed atmoshpere. The company is doing well.
Cons
Compensation is mediocre, lack of upward mobility, can be frustrating place to work due to politics and red tape.
Old-fashioned, family owned
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CASeptember 17, 2018
It was hard to understand the company's purpose. You couldn't even tell if they wanted to grow or stay the same size. It was hard to work there because of that. I found other employees to be worried about the future all the time. While I was there, a sudden meeting said that the company had decided to cut back its work force and that was that.
Good company
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  North, SCSeptember 17, 2018
I worked daily seeing 4 to 13 customers per day. All of our sales were direct so it was easy to track on the daily basis. Management was ok . It was a great work place culture and was a good place to work. Upper management changes changed our culture from family to a military style environment. My colleagues were like brothers and sister. Getting help from tech support and customer services was outstanding.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Mnagement changes at the end were terrible
Depending on your manager, this place could be fun
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 14, 2018
My experience is one of react mode. Unfortunately, senior management doesn't seem to know what they want, so there are a lot of fire drills. The communication is muddy and sometimes there is no communication. We aren't sure what the company goal is in order to work toward that goal. Depending on your manager, you can either position yourself for a great position or you are micro managed.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Expensive healthcare, micro managers, lack of communication
Fast paced environment with multiple opportunities for advancement.
Customer Service Representative IV (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CASeptember 12, 2018
A typical day at work consists of a fast pace environment with new learning challenges daily. Management is hands on but fair. I love working in a multiculture enviornment. System crashes affect the job as we are on a time schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing excellent customer service.
Temp position facilities maintenance
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CASeptember 5, 2018
Was helper to fulltime facilities maintenance crew. Was mainly changing bulbs and ballasts the month I was there. Lots of carrying around big ladders to clean gutters helper temp contract type work.
Pros
was good pay and location was close to home
Cons
temp spot hard to become fulltime employee
Fun place to work
temp-product manager (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CAAugust 26, 2018
Great management. Flexible work schedule, had a great time as a product manager. They had nice training programs for new employees. Only cons was my work commute.
Very Old-School Work Environment
Contract Manager/Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CAAugust 20, 2018
This company definitely provided me a good amount of growth but the compensation could definitely be better. Overall a good working environment with great employees.
Pros
Hosted Company Events
Cons
Low Pay
Billerica location
SR. Document Control Specialist/Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 10, 2018
My co-workers have made this experience such a great place to be. No only d owe all care about each other, we all help each other out. with the turnover we have still tried to keep a professional, fun environment.
Work Place
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CAAugust 9, 2018
Overall Its A good place to have a job, but at this point in life i'm looking for A career. The work environment is great the employees are amazing. i would recommend it to someone looking for A steady job.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Pay
Fun and Great Environment
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CA 94510August 2, 2018
Management in some areas are more strict than others, you have to have eyes on the back of your head for some, they can sneak up on you.

Mine's fortunately was well manageable and helpful when needed.
The work was fun in the beginning but get worse in the last few years
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 1, 2018
Management changes in the last few years that make things difficult, no fun at work. But organization changes happen .

The changes include moving new people while gradually eliminating current people . This event created a lot of unhappiness and morale collapsed. The current people feel that they still have a lot to offer particularly the knowledge built up during their years in the company.
The current people feel that they are being railroad in a bad way. Worse they feel that they being pushed out sooner or later.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
management
Temporary worker
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Hercules, CAJuly 31, 2018
The group I joined had recently formed to try to scale up some of the manufacturing processes for some of their more popular and lucrative products. I learned some new technology and met some nice people. It is a very nice place to work at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bio-Rad, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight