Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc.
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA15 reviews
I love working with and helping people as well as meeting new people from different ethnicity. A typical day at work usually involves setting off to work at around 8:30 taking me about 20 minutes to get to work. At work i start out by checking in and making sure everything is in perspective as patients come in through the door. I try my best to make the patient feel at home by initiating a conversation as I draw blood for the laboratory.
Good company to work for. Just make sure your supervisor knows how to supervise and can set you up for success. Benefits were comparable and overall a decent company.
I had to travel from Va to Annapolis Md. because they did not have work for me. They gave another employee after I trained her my position because the Spanish office wanted a young Spanish employee there. They took me on a face to face meeting to meet a new client prematurely. Did not get the job there. I actually lost time from work that day. I will never go back there, don’t do it !
Bioreference is an ok company. The benefits they offer are great . If you like to work with little or no supervision this is the place . The only issue is they frequently change supervisors and some of them are not available when you have an issue. There pay rate is not the best unless you are a floater . I feel like good work goes unrecognized and mistakes are blown up . they rarely ever have meetings on what we can do to improve as a team . I've only had 1 good supervisor but she's gone . You also end up having all this vacation and sick time and since they are understaffed they either don't have someone to cover for you or put the wrong people in your spot . If you are going to be late or calling out don't bother applying because you will get fired. Its a good place to gain phlebotomy experience and if you want career advancement here you have to begin as a floater .
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Great conpany, but unsure about the future of Cytology dept. due to the company was bought out by a Pharmasutial company. It used to be a full staffed laboratory but recently all dept's except Cytology and Cytogenetics were laid off. These departments have not received a raise in two years. Not sure what the future holds for these two depts.
I did not like the management of the company. poor communication with employees. A job that i would not care to work for anymore. work load was stressful.
Pros
freat lunches from the reps.
Cons
lack of communication
They gave me a lot of time to learn the job and let me on my own only when i was completely ready The Doctors there were very informative and very approachable.
On a good day I can draw up to 30 patients and process over a 100 specimens. I learned so much about new test being performed. My boss was awesome and never had a problem with me. I interact with a variety people and they were pleasant to me. The hardest part of the job was maintaining different orders, when there a high patient flow. The most enjoyable part was the people I came across daily.
Pros
Constant work
Cons
billing issues
I enjoyed working for BioReference, and meeting different people everyday. I love how friendly, and helpful my supervisor was and my co-workers. There wasn't anything hard about the job at all. I hated to leave.
Pros
Good place to work and to advance
Cons
This is an exemplary lab to work for, however there are times when management falls a bit short. There needs to be better communication between staff and supervisors.
I've been their for 8 years plus. They're an excellent company to work for and their is growth with in the company. Every day is an learning experience. My co -workers are very respectful.The hardest part of my job is staying patient when there is an high influx of patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Challenging work environment the work isn't difficult just repetitive the most difficult aspect of the job is the night hours. But the coworkers are some of the best people to work with.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Hours
I am working as an interns .
I learn each day something new from the phlebotomy

The co-workers are really helpful and friendly

i enjoy practicing working and learning
They never answer there phones, when they do there are there kids in the background anytime of the day. They never get back to you on request(leave time, moving to closer cite to home) overall they are decent just snakes in the grass. At least you get a raise every year only great thing about it.
I were an floater for bioreference and the clients were amazing I loved every experience wish I had each client permenantly, i just felt that I was failed as an professional, reliable employee I gave my all did not receive in return
Pros
pros were via bioreference they equipped me with assisgnments as much as possible, the pros with the clients i was treated with respect patience and as if i was a regular employee
Cons
there were no cons via the client as far as bioreference, total lack of communication and honesty and professionalism ion some parts