Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The Doctors cared for their employees more than their management
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, MDJuly 12, 2018
They gave me a lot of time to learn the job and let me on my own only when i was completely ready The Doctors there were very informative and very approachable.
Unorganized
Lead Laboratory Tech/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
Bio Reference was an unorganized company, with locations hours and staff that lacked basic professionalism. My credentials were scrutinized, only to begin work, and then later be subjected to training individuals with no certification for the same job I was required to have certification for.

I was laid off after patient service center closings. I was not offered a new position,
fun place to work
Accession/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJJune 20, 2018
Fast paced work environment. Friendly staff, multiple shifts to choose from. Management is okay. Good parking and onsite food for those who do not bring lunch to work
Nice place to work.
Receptionist, Accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAJune 19, 2018
It was a very nice place to work. Nice people.
I was not there very long but enjoyed working with the nice people.
There is not much to say except I liked working there. They paid me
well for the job I did.
Pros
Free goodies.
Cons
I was only part-time.
Cytotechnologist (Current Employee) –  bioJune 18, 2018
I have a great boss. Great peaceful work environment. It's a self paced job. This is a multicultural environment. The part I like about the job the most is that this company is a very understanding company. They really work with you if you need to adjust your schedule.
Not the best place to wok
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJJune 13, 2018
Bio Reference is a place where you tend to get comfortable but the pay isn't worth staying there for long. Management does not appreciate their staff.
Beginning stages
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 8, 2018
Im still fairly new to the company, but so far so good. I have no complaints at the moment. I will come back to this post after a year and see if this changes
Pros
Free food, no supervision
Cons
Longer drive than im use too
They need to hire kinder people, the patients would complain and nothing ever got better. Some workers have no work ethics.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYJune 5, 2018
Where I started working I was doing great, but they rehired people who were no good at there work and who were being moved from place to place because of bad conduct. They decided that the lazy workers were better because they were loud, I left the company because even when everyone complained they left the bad workers with the good hours. I would have stayed except they don’t value good workers. I was mentally abused by a co worker and even when I complained I was not even asked. I would have stayed there but they just did not value my opinion or my co workers.
Pros
Good insurance benefits from the start
Great opportunity
Account Executive GenPath (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2018
Never a dull moment. Great products to market... Good support. I really enjoy my job. Its a place I would recommend to others. Good work environment
Competitive and fun environment.
Data Entry, Processor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJJune 2, 2018
It was a fun and exciting experience. Bio-reference has taught me how to be a part of a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was to challenge myself to be the best worker I can possible be.
The general atmosphere is very stressful for no reason
Medical Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NjMay 29, 2018
The company would be better if they replace all of the out of date old management staff with a better qualified ones. Because they have their own favorites and treat them differently by giving them good annual pay raise and promote them to higher positions regardless of their seniority or qualifications.
Good place to start, but no room for growth.
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJMay 28, 2018
This position involves sitting for long periods of time, it is not a hard job, but it can be monotonous. Management is ok, still learning the new billing system.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay, lots of family employed here
Good team and Reliable Hours
Clinical Processor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 17, 2018
I knew what was expected of me each night I walked in, and I could set my up my workplace accordingly and get the job done. Simple, to the point, and I worked with a great team of people. I learned how to manage a night-shift lifestyle as well as handle a steady job for three consecutive years.
Pros
Hour Lunch Breaks, Night Shift Differential, and a Great Team
Cons
No Raises, Few Opportunities to "Move-Up" in the Company
Unprofessional, low pay, management very poor most without prior lab experiece
Specimen processor (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJMay 16, 2018
Management is inexperience, very unprofessional, pay is poor, is a good place to get experience and get out. Most people speak Tagalog, so its almost as if you were in the Philippines. If you don't mind that, you make it thru the day. You work as if you were in a factory.
Pros
benefits ok
Cons
low low pay, unprofessional environment
Incredible rudeness
None (Former Employee) –  1423 Bedford Avenue, BrooklynMay 12, 2018
It was astounding how rudely I was treated at the Bioreference at 1423 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11216, starting at 12:28pm on Saturday, May 12th 2018. The receptionist said absolutely nothing when i first walked in, and stared blankly at her monitor. I wasn't offered a registration form or asked why I was there. After several minutes of standing in silence, i asked her if I should fill out a registration form, to which she replied "I don't know. Are you a new patient?" I told her I was and she simply turned back to her laptop. There were no pens available and when I asked for one, I got an incredibly nasty look. She eventually, after sitting and fuming in silence for a minute or two, got me a pen, tossing it across the desk at me. When I finished filling out my form and stood there waiting to hand it to her, I was again met with nothing but silence. Eventually I asked if she'd like the form, to which she simply said "no."

When I realized there was another patient in the collection room, which she didn't tell me, I sat and waited for that patient to finish. When the patient left I went back up to the desk and stood, test order and registration form in hand and offered it to the receptionist. After a few minutes, she finally looked up, sighed, took the papers silently, read them, and told me they can't perform the test I need at that location. Then turned away and went back to her computer. I had called several times before coming to the lab, and was never informed that they couldn't perform the test.

I'm asking Bioreference to reimburse me for my time and travel
  more... expenses. I've never experienced that level of rudeness in customer service, it was surreal.  less
Pros
Typically must start night shifts, scheduling is the worst part. Great for recent college grads.
Lab Technologist (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJMay 11, 2018
If ur okay working nights and weekends in the name of "experience" then you will be ok. If lifestyle and work balance means more to you, then you'll find yourself sacrificing a lot of your time trying to balance sleep other responsibilities to follow through the graveyard shifts that are usually offered here.
Pros
hour lunches, benefits
Cons
expensive medical insurance, worse if ur married.
Nice place to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lambertville, NJMay 8, 2018
I only work for them about 6month but the time I work for them it was very good I would work for them again. They are just to far for me to work for them.
blah
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJApril 30, 2018
management was not the best. sit at your computer all day entering tests results of womens gynecological reports. very boring place to work. great job for older women.
Work Day
Independent Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2018
Great Day, not to hard and stressful. Typically day consist of opening and closing office. Assisting patients in order to run blood test and send results off to physicians.
Stable job experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAApril 29, 2018
In the short time I was there,they were a great employer. I left because they were exiting the SNF business. They offer great opportunities for there employees.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
low wages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight