Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc. Employee Reviews

Not much, was there for a short time
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
It's a very good company for some people. Not so much room for advancement, job security is non-existent, not much professionalism among management. I learned to work independently, this was the most positive aspect.
Its a very busy office, peaceful and professional place
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  916 Main Ave, Passaic NJSeptember 18, 2018
I'm grow throughout these past eight years blood draw, my regular day was about 35 to 40 blood patients a day.
Im enjoy my days with the Pt's
very busy office and the all workers was friendly
Pros
free scrubs
Productive and enjoyable
Billing Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJSeptember 18, 2018
It was a productive fun very interested company to work for i will surely consider friends to work at Bio Reference is a fun place to work for and caring
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
short breaks
very good
Medical Lab Technologist (Molecular) (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJSeptember 17, 2018
nice lab ,
i worker their 5 years in molecular department ,
nice management , nice supervisor
advanced lab all co workers help each other
advanced instruments .
Fun place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Largo mdSeptember 17, 2018
Very chill environment, able to work independently, work hours vary, May have to travel at times, sometimes busy environment, the phlebotomist job is to draw the blood and process the blood
OPKO pays you to be babysat
Medical Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Elmwoodpark, NJSeptember 12, 2018
The company’s culture made it a great place to work before OPKO took over. Flexibility was what made the job like no other in the past. If you need to pickup your kids in the middle of the day, “no problem, just make up the time or use your PTO”...now everyone must come in at a certain time to accommodate management who can’t seem to make it in on time themselves.... if you have kids to drop off or pick up...figure it out. If you can’t make it work then you can leave (those are your options). People used to be able to go to school and make the schedule work but now...college kids are leaving too because the flexibility isn’t there anymore. Every micromanaging rule implemented is designed to weed you out of the company. They can’t afford to keep people anymore; so the more outrageous the rules, the less people will want to stay. People are scheduled on days to chase you down with faxes/ copies other people leave behind! (Nothing else better to do). Moral is on the floor while you can’t ask questions about anything if you wanted to. No free thinkers allowed. Management is so terrified about losing their job, they’d rather you simply work like a robot and question nothing or else you’ll make them look bad and they’ll retaliate against you. The department doesn’t take responsibility for anything. There’s a “not-my-problem” outlook that had been going on for long time. Now it’s biting the company in the butt. People are leaving in droves. If you try to transfer into a different department, managers will deny/sabotage the transfer so that they’ll get to fire you instead of you leaving  more... on your own terms. All of these job postings are for show. The entire billing department is being outsourced. “Data Entry” doesn’t even exist anymore. Every 5-6 months there are lay offs in the billing department or even company wide. They call it “changes” or “trimming waste”. More people leave than get hired and management isn’t doing a thing to slowness it down or stop it. Always “hiring” on job boards but I’ve yet to see anyone getting interviewed...it’s all for show.

Best advice....don’t waste your time. This company values #’s over quality of your work. All of your work is time stamped so they can berate you on why you took so long in between claims....god forbid you need a break.
Pros
Nothing anymore
Cons
Paid to be babysat, micromanaged, your Dept will be outsourced.
I love this company
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INSeptember 11, 2018
I love this company! Good people and wonderful benefits.
You can be busy at times and other times not so much. This job is only as difficult as you make. Let others critic not criticize your work/skills because in the end it will only make you better as what you do.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
The comute
Very relaxed atmosphere
Cytotechnologist (Current Employee) –  elmwood park njSeptember 10, 2018
Its a great place to work. Flexable hours and days. Friendly staff and very relaxed. the main down side is parking off site and taking a shuttle. other than that is a great place to work
Don't tell me I didn't warn you.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJSeptember 10, 2018
My experience was with the microbiology dept. Lower management was extremely unprofessional. They took every opportunity to belittle, humiliate new employee. In just two weeks of training they expected same work as a person who had been working for over a year.
Apply here only if you want to be treated as a slave in unsafe working condition.
Pros
Cons
Management/ Lack of respect towards employees.
Layback
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 7, 2018
You'll see a lot of patients but everything is routine so its not so bad, only down fall about bio sometimes you left with no help and seeing over 40 patients.
profesional management
Phlebotomy Nursing home floater (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 6, 2018
the typical day work at Bio-Reference was that i was a floater at the nursing home.
What i learned the measurements of hygienes for the veniculture and drawing of blood.
Pros
The way of working environment.
Cons
The movements that they made on my days off.
Lack of Execution
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  St. LouisAugust 28, 2018
Passion...great products....clever business development strategies - none of them mattered. The company walked aay from an opportunity for a major collaboration. "Nuff Said.
productive
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2018
opportunity to enhance skills, interact daily with patients. Processing reququsitions, Collecting and processing specimens, To operate a patient care center, Clean and stock supplies as necessary. To answer phones and to maintain patient files.
Pros
work hours
Cons
no full time hours
Route Review Clerk
Route Review Clerk - Full time nights (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJAugust 27, 2018
The is a lab that specimens are bought to for processing by couriers. Couriers then go to the trasnportation dept to have the rountes logs checked to make sure there are no missed p/u's.
This job really help me to push my self into limit
Specimen Handler and Noodles press operator (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 27, 2018
I work here for almost 5 years and it help me to be a better person. It helps me to be more responsible and people person. It practice me in the future career and i learned how to work under pressure.
Pros
Free medical, vision and dental
Cons
Lots of benefits and paid vacation
only MY impration
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJAugust 27, 2018
I was hired by Phlebotomy Supervisor who was very unpleasant and kept being so all my employment period .
latter I was transferred to other location and to a new supervisor, but he was fired latter.
the way management works is by filling papers and not interested in worker or her, or his needs.
I think that quality of laboratory testing is the best in the market, the results and accuracy is very good.
the access to results is also very friendly.
Pros
supply of uniforms, 30 h benefits
Cons
supervisors
Experience
Phlebotomist I (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAAugust 22, 2018
I am been 2014 with Biorefernce. Its really good to work with this company. Excellent benefits, Friendly staff, Cowerkers are really good. My most enjoyable part of the job is greet patients on front desk and draw blood from them.
Benefits
Cons
Sick time not roll over
A place to learn new things but to take those new things with you to a company that appreciates you.
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 22, 2018
Management is often times lazy when it comes to following up and listening to concerns of employees. If you are looking to advance in a career this place is not the place for you, especially if you are not a "favorite" by certain managers.
Pros
Nice Break room
Cons
Toxic working environment
Stressful
Specimen Technician I (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJAugust 21, 2018
I worked the night shift from 10:30-5:30am it was pure torture the job is completely boring, You're typing what's on a req, form for hours and making sure you're entering the info in correctly. Everyone is literally falling asleep at the keyboard. You do have freedom to get up and stretch, go to the bathroom etc. The managers there are a joke, very rude act like you don't exist. Seems like a very childish and juvenile environment. People are constantly quitting it seems like only 1-3 people make it through the full 6-week training which is also a joke. If you have good memory and can do the night shift then this job is for you.
Pros
freedom to move around, training was ok, shift differential if you work nights
Cons
Pay was horrible.
Regional Accounts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJAugust 18, 2018
Great place to work I would recommend to anyone who is seeking a rewarding career. I love dealing with my customers and solving their issues and making the company viable and successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight