Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive, fun to work
Medical Biling Clerk (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 18, 2018
Comfortable place to work, Benefits good but not that excellent,people are friendly,I will also consider going back in the future if there will be opening again in my experience. too bad that they outsource our department.Im still hoping they call me back.
Pros
work independently
Cons
health insurance
great company to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJNovember 8, 2018
Awesome company to work for, plenty of opportunity for advancement and promotions, good employee recognition. Great Benefits, and great group of people to work with.
2 TV one showing republican views and the other democratic views
Remote Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJNovember 6, 2018
During my employment at Bio-Reference Laboratories Inc. I performed different jobs every day. I hired, fired, coached and mentor new supervisors. In my laptop I was able to check every laboratory QC result on a daily bases. I helped gather samples for validations, guided supervisors while validating a new test and performed validations myself. Performed and guided supervisors to perform coagulation rollover studies. Supervised an Andrology lab. Spoke to customers and doctors when necessary.
Pros
Defined dead lines for prohjects
Cons
no cafeteteria
I Have NO GOOD MEMORIES of this company!
Medical courier (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJNovember 5, 2018
after over 30 months of impeccable service the "new" HR HITMAN thru me away on a friday night! due to a MVR report. I informed my dept. head of my predicament with the points issue several months prior and all he did was make a joke about it. All he could say was "it was out of his hands" how about that for support!

This company uses old world gestapo tactics to intimidate their employees and continuously berate them. They have NO INTEREST in there employees MORAL! just their performance!

Finally, their pay scale is INSULTING LOW! which is probably why they can only attract and retain THIRD WORLD EMPLOYEE TYPES!

Example in point. I EARNED A HIGHER WAGE IN 1966!

These are only a small fraction of the CONTEMPT I HAVE for this company and why I believe they will eventually FAIL!!!

a day at work, TRAFFIC in a SMALL CAR with BAD ODORS!
I learned NOTHING!
Management, SOME GOOD,some NOT GOOD!
work place culture, THIRD world mentality! with NEGATIVE TONES!
hardest part of the job, TRAFFIC and BAD ODORS!
The most enjoyable, SERVICE to MY CLIENTS!

Are you LISTENING? this is for you HR!
Pros
Cons
free use of car for commute to and from work
Csr rep
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJNovember 4, 2018
Amazing job. You learn a lot. All jobs have challenges but you grow that way. Work is work. Management is amazing and training and updates have always been a great experience.
nice to work before, but recently suddenly changed
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJOctober 31, 2018
I learned a lot of things working with different doctor, dealing different kinds of people.travelling all over the place where they assign you to work,still nice to work with.
Strong work team
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 30, 2018
Schedule, benefits, and cleanliness. I have my own drawing station. Friendly workplace culture. Coworkers helpful and respectful. Work hours we'll balance as well
good work experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 29, 2018
I was a medical assistant at this time, working with this company as a phlebotomist. I had my own drawing station. Open and closed myself, As well as taking care of all bank transactions.
Pros
no supervison needed everyday
Cons
short breaks
Workplace Culture
LABORATORY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJOctober 26, 2018
Hectic day all week.
management style
Friendly workplace culture
Hardest part of the job is getting enough space
The enjoyable part of my job is the camaraderie.
No longer a good place to work for
processing / data entry (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJOctober 24, 2018
it once was a good company to work for until new management. treatment is very unfair. Employees that have worked there for many years are being treated like the new employees. pretty much everyone new and old are getting paid the same. Only certain employees are allowed to park in the same building, while others have to park their car in another location and take a shuttle. There is a lot of favoritism in that company.
Great place to work for
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2018
Love working for this company. Opportunity for advancement. Supervisor is readily available if you have any questions. Excellent benefits offered. Opportunity for continued growth.
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJOctober 23, 2018
Great company to work for, management always there in need of help, coworkers helpful and respectful. Pay rate is okay, work hours we’ll balance as well
Very productive and fast-paced
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJOctober 22, 2018
The overall dispatching job at Bioreference is good. The benefits are good, the staff are very friendly and the management can be good when they want to.
Pros
Productive Workplace
Cons
Poor salary, Work/life balance is nonexistent
Na
LPN-MA / Phlebotomy (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 21, 2018
Great environment to work. Great supervisor and coworkers. I worked there for 4 years and I am looking for another position because I moved. This company really cares a bout their patients and employees
Unorganized
Customer service billing and high volume calls (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJ 07407October 17, 2018
Sadly, the left hand doesn't know what the right wants. Contradicting information daily. The operations center has a lot to be desired. Needs a revamp.
not happy
Adjudication /Billing Representative/temp (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJOctober 17, 2018
the company changes management and staff on a daily basis every time someone is leaving company always changing even president left. work isnt hard but staff is confused about who is in charge
Pros
location
Cons
locations
Not a company I would work for again.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 16, 2018
I did not like the management of the company. poor communication with employees. A job that i would not care to work for anymore. work load was stressful.
Pros
freat lunches from the reps.
Cons
lack of communication
Great Lan
TN Lead Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNOctober 15, 2018
Though my account was pulled I truly enjoyed my employment with Bio. If they open a new account in TN while I am still unemployed I would consider returning to this company. I have no complaints about this lab.
Pros
Excellent benefits, great pay
Cons
Not enough accounts in TN
great place to work
Phlebotomist, Floater (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJOctober 10, 2018
provided many different work environments. Opportunities to earn more money. Supportive management team who encouraged the advancement of workers and assisted when needed.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
time constraints on some assignments
Talented staff, poor upper management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJOctober 8, 2018
A typical workday is a mix of routine meetings (stand-ups, sprint planning, status) and managing the unexpected. I learned a great deal about healthcare and billing. The most enjoyable part was the need to understand the needs of the business (at the solution level) while ensuring implementation (down in the details).
Pros
Great team - knowledgeable, talented, focused
Cons
Management at upper levels - no standardized performance planning or review, unrealistic expectations, favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight