BioBridge Global

BioBridge Global Employee Reviews

United States32 reviews
The company is political charged. Poor corporate culture with no career advancement potential. No help with individual growth and development. Leaders are not technically atuned and logistically challenged.
No discrimination to company. People show respect to easch other. Every department have own budget to hanfrom Top management good relationship to attained company objectives, vision and goal.
I love working here and they offer great benefits and perks and much more and is very positive and encouragement and support and treated equally in this work environment everyone is friendly and welcomes new employees all the time
i loved the Mission of BBG
I loved the people at BBG

I loved my Managers at BBG

Then we got one Manager that he was hated by everybody..... so i put my resume out and got a new job...and left.

And he left about a year later when he couldn't fool everybody any more.
I've worked for BioBridge Global for over 7 years. I've never seen a place where leadership has changed so much and not for the best. I tried to make a difference based off there mission to help the community. Internally the community doesn't know what is really going on internally each day. Leadership always have hidden agenda only for themselves and not for the greater good of their employees who are out each and everyday trying to make a difference to each donor walking through that door. I've had 7 regimes of director and management come through and 3 CEOs in 7 years. Each time they have brought the company down further and further. I love how people will turn a blind eye to keep their jobs, but when the regimes leaves they got something to say then. They had all the time in meetings to express the right. I guess the car, home and etc...keeps them from expressing what is right. So look inside yourself. I think they do not ask the right questions when they are interviewing each potential leader, because we keep getting many coming through that hurt the company. There is so much to tell with this company I can actually write a novel and it would be a best seller. I've learned a lot about myself and people in general working at this company and being one of the very few that cared. I guess this is only thing I can take away from working at BBG. I will pray for its leaders that one day it changes for the good because their really are some good people there trying to make a real difference and really care. Like in history we learned a person or just a few can really mess things - more...
Pros
Great hard working employees
Cons
Senior and mid-level Leadership lacks greatly and NOT about the mission but their self.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
If you are desperate for a job, this is your place. From the top to the bottom, the leaders are terrible. HR has no integrity and if you don’t have a degree, then you are considered “janitorial staff of the organization”. Management recently let a Supervisor with almost a decade of tenure resign because they were prideful and neglectful. The management team is uneducated when it comes to basic decency and solid human relations. This company will continue to lose good employees until they replace their substandard lab leadership. Actively looking for employment elsewhere...
It's like high school all over again. If you work hard you will get noticed - as competition. Staff and particularly management will smile to your face but stab you in the back whenever possible. Lazy brown-nosers get ahead in this facility. If you are an honest, hardworking and efficient then this is NOT the place for you. You were warned.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Management has high expectations for laboratory staff. I began on night shift, however hard work paid off and was quickly moved to a day shift position. Weekends may be required, so a flexible schedule is needed. Opportunities for management positions. Overall, this is a great company to work for upon college graduation.
Pros
Management opportunities
Cons
Long, strenuous hours & repetitive work
The company is a good place to work, and the management is laid back. The hardest part of the job is the fact that IT has changed often, and the organization sees it as more of a cost center than a profit center. Overall, I enjoy working here.
Pros
People centered, keeps goals in mind
Cons
Changes to employees happen often and fast
There was an employee appreciative culture at BioBridge Global. They really encouraged their employees and showed us appreciation with Team Building and rewards for a job well done.
The atmosphere was very laid back but productive amongst all the IT teams and department.
Pros
Team building and free lunches
Cons
No job security because they were non-profit
I've worked here for about a year and I can honestly say that I like the people that I've worked with and the environment. This company is very dedicated to their mission.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Repetitive
Could focus more on living out the core values and actions to achieve company goals instead of maneuvering for position. Team members allowed to thwart CEO and company objectives. No accountability to drive towards the goals on the business side. Very hostile work environment.
Poor Executive Management that can's seem to get things done in a timely manner or resolve issues. Hostile work environment and lack of Corporate Culture make this organization toxic. Individuals that work here do not worry about high performance, meeting goals or serving customers as no one including Executive staff are EVER held accountable for their lack of work ethic or getting things done. This organization is in desperate need of new Executive Leadership and employees that are goal-oriented to be successful. It's NOT going to happen anytime soon.
Bonuses have not been awarded in years as the company never meets is annual revenue targets.
Pros
Great mission
Cons
Terrible Leadership that lack the basic business acumen and hinders Organizational success!
Quantity over quality, poor ethics, Bio Bridge Employees were subject to double standards punishable by termination. Quarantine areas and company vehicles were occupational safety hazards, Corporate staff is inattentive, Managerial staff is coercive, intimidation tactics are used via On-Call schedule manipulation .A new General manager every year. Weeks without work and nearly no pay. Management of Bio Bridge in the Rio Grande Valley is hostile and incompetent.
Pros
Surgical Experience
Cons
Toxic Environment
Friendly place that emphasizes its mission to help those in need. Many departments that function independently to serve different patient needs. Good mix of people.
Double standards, sketchy ethics practices, quantity over quality - which is very scary when dealing with a blood bank testing lab. Don't have high expectations here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Over the last 2 years, each business unit has removed and replaced leadership, which in turn removed and replaced mid management. Stability and BBG are not spoken in the same sentence. I am currently, actively looking for a career change because I am afraid I am one of those remove and replace positions so the VP can elevate my position and hire in their own friends. Sad, hostile work environment because the business units do not work together, always pointing the finger at each other.
Pros
good pay, good retirement plan
Cons
expensive benefits (heathcare)
The company was great to work for. It allowed me to grow within the company in the eighteen years I was employed there. I started with the company on a temporary basis and was employed for over 18 years before my position was eliminated.
Pros
provides good benefits
New Sr. Leadership is improving the corporate culture at BBG (new CEO, and several new VPs). Overall this is a good place to work with many opportunities for growth, and a mission we can all feel good about at the end of the day.
Pros
Work/Life balance, great benefits, competitive pay
I know jobs are hard to find these days, but if you have any other options, avoid this place. Management is the worst I have ever encountered. Since when is it not required for lab mgmt to be certified??? The pay used to be pretty good, but due to the "no certification necessary", that allows them to under pay you. There are some hard working people here, but most are toxic, lazy and refuse to take responsibility. To make things worse, they get away with it and are allowed to remain employed. Well, you've been warned.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Everything else
Very poorly managed company without work ethic and without accountability. Most staff will find ways to attempt to pin extra duties and tasks upon others. Additionally, most weight of review for the company is delegated to one department instead of being performed in the department where reviews specifically take place. Additionally, no hours are permanent and hourly staff are often provided their schedule during the week they are to work.
In short, poorly organized, no accountability, bad structure, and no desire to improve the situation with no competitive pay involved.
Pros
Non-competetive Pay
Cons
Poor Structure, Favoritism, Zero Accountability
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BioBridge Global. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
InHerSight Score
1.0Personal Development
2.0Career Opportunities
1.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight