BioBridge Global Employee Reviews

Poor Management Hostile work Environment
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Quantity over quality, poor ethics, Bio Bridge Employees were subject to double standards punishable by termination. Quarantine areas and company vehicles were occupational safety hazards, Corporate staff is inattentive, Managerial staff is coercive, intimidation tactics are used via On-Call schedule manipulation .A new General manager every year. Weeks without work and nearly no pay. Management of Bio Bridge in the Rio Grande Valley is hostile and incompetent.
Pros
Surgical Experience
Cons
Toxic Environment
Good Employer
Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2018
Friendly place that emphasizes its mission to help those in need. Many departments that function independently to serve different patient needs. Good mix of people.
horrible management
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2017
Double standards, sketchy ethics practices, quantity over quality - which is very scary when dealing with a blood bank testing lab. Don't have high expectations here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Company has good benefits and allows employees to grow with the company
Records Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2017
The company was great to work for. It allowed me to grow within the company in the eighteen years I was employed there. I started with the company on a temporary basis and was employed for over 18 years before my position was eliminated.
Pros
provides good benefits
Getting Better
Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2017
New Sr. Leadership is improving the corporate culture at BBG (new CEO, and several new VPs). Overall this is a good place to work with many opportunities for growth, and a mission we can all feel good about at the end of the day.
Pros
Work/Life balance, great benefits, competitive pay
Please beware
CLS (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 1, 2017
I know jobs are hard to find these days, but if you have any other options, avoid this place. Management is the worst I have ever encountered. Since when is it not required for lab mgmt to be certified??? The pay used to be pretty good, but due to the "no certification necessary", that allows them to under pay you. There are some hard working people here, but most are toxic, lazy and refuse to take responsibility. To make things worse, they get away with it and are allowed to remain employed. Well, you've been warned.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Everything else
Very poorly managed
Customer Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Very poorly managed company without work ethic and without accountability. Most staff will find ways to attempt to pin extra duties and tasks upon others. Additionally, most weight of review for the company is delegated to one department instead of being performed in the department where reviews specifically take place. Additionally, no hours are permanent and hourly staff are often provided their schedule during the week they are to work.
In short, poorly organized, no accountability, bad structure, and no desire to improve the situation with no competitive pay involved.
Pros
Non-competetive Pay
Cons
Poor Structure, Favoritism, Zero Accountability
Double Standards
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Just when I think we are on the right track to becoming a really good company, I witnessed HR selling Girl Scout Cooking at the front desk (a sign up sheet). I love cookies; however, we have a strict no solicitation policy during working hours. This sign up sheet is on the front counter. My problem is, when a few employees wanted to have a fundraiser (sell food plates) to help fellow employees that fell on hard times (cancer/loss items in fire, etc) we were told (by HR) it can't be advertised within the company. It can be done quietly. When I was told of the sign up sheet, I could not believe it! I walked in as someone from HR was encouraging another employee to buy some cookies during work hours). This may not seem like a big deal, but it is. We want to help our fellow employees but we can't (give our pto to someone who ran out because of sickness or donate money by selling food to help one of our own). All of this is frowned on by HR, the department that has a policy on no solicitation during working hours. SMH
Pros
some employees
Cons
policy holders are not accountable - ASPIRE
Meet Requirements
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 7, 2016
This could be a really great company if they would focus on putting people in the right positions. I think people mean well, but it is not coming across to staff.
Lot's of Change in Management
Sr Director IT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2016
Good work life balance, but the strategy is ever changing and not focused enough on the future at the appropriate middle levels.
Pros
work life balance, mission and teamwork were great
Cons
Business sections unwilling to communicate with IT/lots of shadow IT within lab
Think twice and more!!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2016
It is not the best place to work. People do not respect and nobody knows the word communication. People in the upper management lack the necessary knowledge and this situation is giving to a few employees more work over their shoulders without compensation.Also, employees are more pending to gossips and complaints that do their work without accountability
Please read the reviews before applying!!!
in IT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2016
DO YOUR RESEARCH before applying here. As you can see from all reviews posted throughout the internet, this place is that bad. management is the biggest problem and has not changed in years. Be very careful and tread carefully if you decide to work there.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
THE MOST Unprofessional Job
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
This is the absolute worst company to work for! Employees click together are not helpful at all. High school mentality. HORRIBLE PLACE DO NOT APPLY HERE.The worst mistake of your life!
Pros
Scrubs and OT
Cons
Just run away
Run while you can!
Medical Assistant / Phlebotomist / CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 22, 2015
Seriously, run away and never look back. Once you get this job, you won't have time to look or catch a better one. I would rather do retail or customer service lines.
Pros
Scrubs all day and is somewhat medical.
Cons
Never have I experienced such an unorganized establishment. No incentives for mobiles.
Great Company
Vice President of Strategy & Technology (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 20, 2015
Proud to work at BioBridge Global. A lot of opportunity to make a difference at work and in the community. I've learned how to be a leader at BioBridge Global.
productive workplace
Externship (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2015
I enjoyed waking up each morning to come to work. They always had something for you to do with very friendly environment.
Tell more later
Vice President, Business Affairs (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2014
• Procurement experience with an emphasis on sourcing and negotiating, supporting multiple operations/sites.
• Program, project delivery, and budget management and cost analysis experience, to include financial aspects of contracts and project financial forecasting.
• Drafted, reviewed, and negotiated a variety of commercial/other contracts in support of business and vendor relationships, while mitigating risk.
• Developed company templates to address understandings of confidentiality and non-disclosure, consulting and professional services, equipment purchase and servicing, outsourcing, collaboration and supply, employment contracts, and for all other business related matters.
• Educated personnel on a wide variety of policy, compliance, and contractual issues as they arose.
• Developed, maintained, and supported diverse corporate compliance and governance policies and procedures.
• Oversight and management of company’s key operations/departments and associated personnel.
• Partnered with HR Dept’s EVP on a multitude of employment and related policy/procedural matters to best serve employees while mitigating risk to company.
• Lead feasibility studies to explore, identify, assess and prioritize business opportunities.
• Performed analytics on risks, issues to ensure investment opportunities are appropriate. Prepared business case and cost/benefit assessment for review and decision by CEO and other key executives.
• Developed and lead execution of approved initiatives to deliver significant operational improvements impacting efficiency, profitability, and competitive
  more... position. (Played key role in overall re-structuring and management of STBTC’s key operations realizing approximately 30% increase in revenue for FY ‘12/’13).
• Continually monitored business environment to gather information for strategy purposes. Identified both short and long-term commercial opportunities (acquisition/divestitures, strategic business alliances such as collaborations, partnerships) consistent with business strategies and improvement plans.
• Cultivated strong and sustainable relationships with new and existing customers, community partners, and business leaders to position the organization as a strong corporate citizen, enhancing market awareness and driving long- term business development efforts.
• Participated in executive strategic planning initiatives including defining direction on how to best proceed.
• Managed, developed, established and maintained quality assurance programs, systems, policies, processes, procedures and controls to ensure performance and quality of products and services.
• Established standards (SOPs) to mitigate risk and increase customer satisfaction.
Beneficial reasoning for employment with free lunch occasionally and donor shirts
Phlebotomist Haemonetics Technician I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2014
Working for STBTC, as subsidiary of BioBridge Global, I enjoyed the gratification and knowledge that patients in hospitals needing blood product transfusions was being achieved. A typical day at work was worth the time put in simply due to the cause. Reliable management at this employer was hard to come by considering the inability for all supervisory managers to be concurrent with their information regarding policy. The hardest part of the job was to inform donors that their selected vein was not reached on the first venipuncture attempt and that an adjustment would be necessary to achieve a successful blood withdrawal.The overuse of technicians was apparent when 12+ hours shifts were reached with only a 30 minute allotted time for lunch break, even if there were 0 - 5 donors coming in to donate per hour. The lack of consideration for familial complications was also displayed, including parental complications/death.
Pros
Free lunch on varies drives, Some dedicated and honest coworkers, Supervisory guidance from specific management
Cons
Adherence to policy only for some employees; not including upper management employees, Strong favoritism among employees, Miscommunication between supervisors including different information given, overuse of technicians (hours worked and length of allotted lunch break)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BioBridge Global. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight