Biogen Employee Reviews

Great Company!!
Accounting Supervisor/Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Love loved loved this job! Great team, great bosses all the way up to the VPs. Loved my clients and my peers. Building had every amenity you could dream of including a starbucks, gym, cafe with chefs waiting to cook up your fav meal, you name it! The company took great care of the employees and they in turn had no complaints putting in the additional hours when needed. Access to the best software tools and programs too. I can't think of any cons except that they unfortunately shut down the entire site when corporate decided to move the company in a different direction. It was great while it lasted though,
Pros
great amenities and work life balance
Cons
shut down facility
Biogen experiences high turnover given its size
Collaboration Engineer/Lead Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 28, 2018
My time at Biogen revealed an ever shifting executive management, with likewise, ever shifting priorities. The changes in direction at Biogen were frequent enough to make progress challenging and the revolving door at the top created a lack of clear cohesive direction for the IT organization.
Productive and collaborative
SENIOR THERAPY SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 19, 2019
Management was strong within this organization, along with their training and advancement programs. The organization motivated you to perform at your very best, and you enjoyed going into work every day.
Pros
Healthare
Cons
Fast Paced
Horrible culture, No company direction
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 1, 2019
They will impress you with all of the free things during training making you feel like you're a part of something important. There are a lot of free things given but the training is mediocre at best.

I wasn't impressed with the managerial style and the company seemed to lack experienced managers. The culture is terrible on the manufacturing and Patient services side. I used to love what I was doing until they did a huge layoff and people that were there for 10 yrs were let go. While I had only been there for 4 years. It was a very sad day and I realized I was a number then. When I was there, the domino effect had already started and good people were leaving to find a better atmosphere. Sometimes the money isn't worth not having your peace of mind at the end of the day and only being regarded as a number and not an actual contributor to the company.
Pros
Free Soda, Donuts, company memorabilia, time off
Cons
working like you're on house arrest, you're monitored as to how long you're in the restroom, you can't take too long wrapping a call or you will get IM'd as to why aren't you on the telephone, the town hall meetings are a joke, it's a who you know in order to get promoted company.
Biogen
Manufacturing Associate III (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 16, 2019
Work always began with a shift exchange which ensured the incoming shift knew what was in process. Usually production would be in process and at times it would be in a fast paced environment. Each shift had a Team Lead and a Manager. The Lead delegated who worked on what piece of equipment of activity in the process. The Manager was always there for guidance and would be the decision maker should something go wrong. Throughout the time I was at Biogen I worked as a Manufacturing Associate (MA) and that is when I learned how to operate all the equipment in Large Scale Purification. Biogen granted me the opportunity to work on other projects unrelated to being an MA and I was able to establish new programs and work on providing a safer environment for MA's with the newest Biogen safety program. The hardest part of the job was when you had to think quick if something went wrong or there were stressful time constraints. My favorite part was knowing that the product I produced went on to helping someone in need.
Pros
Guaranteed raise and bonus each year, 401k match up to 3%, employee stock options, unlimited sick time, great insurance plan, lunch food was amazing, various employee events, so much more
Cons
Standing and bending over a lot, Can be very stressful, Easy to make an error and some errors are extremely costly i.e. loss of product.
Productive , great company
Sr. System Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 4, 2019
Great company to work in, management is great, compensation and salary is good. colleagues are great, understanding, training provided, sometimes free lunch
Patient Care
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 20, 2018
New leadership has dampened the culture and GREAT talent has left. 6.5 years ago I joined a tremendous company that was focused on patient care, specifically the MS space. Now, its become less about the patient and more about metrics. There should be a balance of both.
Overall enjoy working there
Risk Map Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCNovember 10, 2018
I enjoy my profession and where I work. My day fluctuates but I pretty much am independent in how I decide to run my day. I average 2-3 meetings a week. The hardest part of my job is to be friendly even when people are nasty and/or not nice to you. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping a patient receive the help they need to get the therapy they need and working with my Colleagues who are awesome!
Amazing environment to work in
LIMS Consultant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 16, 2018
Cafeteria, Gym, free sodas and Tea, great equipment and lifting tables. I enjoyed going in but I was a contractor. Employees seem to have very little free time and work on multiple projects at a time.
Pros
Cafeteria, Gym, free sodas and Tea, great equipment and lifting tables.
Cons
People are not too enthused.
Lots of excess
Research Associate III (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 31, 2018
Biogen spares no expense at making the environment for employees quite comfortable, but lacks a scientific inquisitiveness for making major advances in the field.
Not a good place to work IMO
Sr Citrix Engineer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 29, 2018
Contract gig. Biogen treats its contractors like second rate human beings. I Do Not recommend working here. Management is completely disconnected, processes make no sense to me, I feel like the entire place could implode any day now.
Pros
They pay me. I show up.
Cons
Disorganized, broken mindless processes that inhibit, teams do not work together, The company has no backbone
Best Pharma
MANUFACTURING TECH II (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 20, 2018
Best Pharmaceutical manufacturing I ever worked, I am regretting the fact that I resigned my position and relocated to GA, I wish I could go back to Biogen in NC.
Pros
Free breakfast every Friday, and free sodas and coffee all year long
Cons
Biogen is a progressive company
Research & Development/Associate Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 18, 2018
It was nice working at biogen, there was a lot of support on materials or equipment to work with and a lot of team work. They take care of their employes and the stocks.
Pros
no lunches
Cons
flexible hours
exciting place to work
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST III (contract) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 18, 2018
Lots of collaboration
teamwork is essential
culture is great
enjoyed working there- many opportunities to learn new skills
very focused on work/life balance
Pros
stable company
Collaborative, supportive work environment
Associate Scientist I (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 29, 2018
Coworkers are willing to help each other learn and increase understanding of the process. They are available to answer questions and are willing to help people understand the impact of their work to other groups.
Productive workplace
Java Web Services Developer (Contractor-Remote) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 29, 2018
I was a remote contractor with Biogen so don't really know much about their daily work environment but all my Biogen permanent employees seemed happy to be there.
Once a great company
Sr. Clinical Trial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 6, 2018
Once a great company, now a shadow of what could have been. Culture shifted to now being a number and they have forgotten about patient care and employees.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Poor management and work life balance
Lack of job security.
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 29, 2018
Workforce reduction programs have cut off many employees careers at Biogen. After working there for several years I felt that it would be a good place to retire.
Pros
Decent pay for what you do.
Cons
Lack of job security.
free coffee, sometimes lunch and fruit
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 5, 2018
very busy and plenty of resources around you to help get the job done. The management needed some over haul, but the people around me were pleasant and welcoming
Pros
friendly
Cons
managment
good company
Manufacturing Associate IV (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 20, 2018
Good company ,nice to work at for long term or short term. Hardest part of job 12 hour shift. Management is ok . The most enjoyable part of the job is days off though the week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Biogen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight