Biogen Employee Reviews

fast paced and challenging
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 20, 2017
I worked at Biogen 6 years. I began in clinical assessments of HIV positive patients, in Biogen's clinical trials. After a couple of years, my role was pure HIV related research. Hours were long, and I'd little time for a social/home life.
Pros
Competitive salary and benefits, Great lab mates!
Cons
No time for a life outside of work
Working at Biogen
Co-op Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 4, 2017
It is great opportunity for me to work at Biogen. I have learned a lot from the company and the people in Biogen, great company culture, working attitude and team cooperation. They follow their creed: care deeply, work fearlessly.
Great company
Supervisor, Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 22, 2017
Biogen is a great company. Only problem is they have lay off every 5 years so the career stability is not guaranteed. The company shifts organizationally too often not giving time to adjust to new management.
Pros
Free lunches, career advancement, work life balnce
Cons
Lay offs
very good compensation, culture is in fluxuation
Senior Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 21, 2017
In home office setting there are way too many meetings. This hampers execution of good ideas and/or to do items that came from the useful meeting time.
Pros
Gym on site
Cons
Culture was ill defined
Been at Biogen for 5 years
Manufacturing Associate III (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 16, 2017
Great pay, great benefits, great work/life balance for some areas. Management a little fickle and top heavy, but otherwise decent. Definitely a lot of growth in the future with new drugs and contract work, but hard to land a job here and people do not quit due to the quality of the benefits.
Pros
Benefits, cheap cafeteria food, stock options, decent raises and bonuses
Cons
Top heavy management, bureaucratic red tape in a lot of places, old leadership that needs replacing
Wonderful
Office Clerk I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92122August 10, 2017
While my time here was short, it was a well fast pace place to work with wonderful people. Got to know some really great people who helped me as I grew working there.
Pros
Hourly pay, location
Excellent
Manufacturing Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 3, 2017
Good work environment
Gap between higher management level and staff working on the floor
Overall great learning experience. Your immediate supervisor will give you chance to learn if you are willing to learn new stuff.
Productive workplace with far-reaching goals
Principal Scientist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 16, 2017
Good workplace culture, tackling difficult therapeutic problems.
Changes to research environment are ongoing and shifting
priorities in the research group.
Good company, seems top heavy
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 13, 2017
Not as personal able as other companies. Great benefits. Seems like a lot of management/ directors. Growth in some areas can be difficult. Seems to be "buddy system" used in some areas.
Top talent has either already left or has one foot out the door
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 28, 2017
Its a mess, chaos. It was a great company and will be a great company again once the pipeline moves along a bit. Was packed with great people, now gutted to the bone. If you come here you will inherit a disaster and be cut when it blows up on you, which probably won't take long. In the meantime you will have no idea what your priorities are supposed to be. Find someplace else and revisit Biogen if you want to in a couple years when its had time to sort itself out.
Pros
chaos is a good teacher
Cons
right now, everything on your list of good employer criteria
Exciting work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 27, 2017
Working for Biogen was very exciting. The company always give you opportunity to grow in the company. It was normally a exciting and fun atmosphere. Working for this company I felt that I was being helpful to someone needs that's what made it worth it!
Not pleasant for me...
Supervisor, Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 26, 2017
Limited time at Biogen, 8 months only. Department environment was very stressful, no accountability for individual work. Department at odds with another department, passing the buck. Just not a good experience.
Awesome
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 20, 2017
Nice working environment. Great people to work with. Nice work culture. Every Thursday company has happy hours and who don't like free beers. All in all its a great company to work
Beware! Contractors are rotated every six months!
IT Project Manager I&O/CISO/DR (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Weston, MAJune 20, 2017
On my first day I found out that contractors are rotated every six months, there is no opportunity for advancement or permanent placement. You are thrown into an unorganized environment. They are misleading during interviews.
Pros
Weston is a beautiful location. The contractors all support each other.
Cons
No chance for hire, despite promises, Rotation of contractors every six months
interesting
Area Business Manager II (Former Employee) –  Neuroscience DivisionJune 19, 2017
Biogen is an interesting company. I'd rather not divulge too much information. Plus, my answers are subjective. I will say that Biogen had great products and anyone should be proud to sell them.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no integrity
Professional Environment
Documentation Specialist/Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 14, 2017
Your day goes as well as you plan it. The ability to multitask, willingness, work with different team, and the willingness to accept change is important. People are willing to help to guide you to other people who can help. There is something to working in a world class biotech company that is rewarding.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Frequent change is part of the environment.
great guidance
Clinical Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 7, 2017
Loved working here but job ended, the benefits are great, people are great, they take really good care of you, lots of summer outings, Christmas parties.
benefits
Cons
Fantastic company going through some structural changes
Senior Manager, Global Medical Communications (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 5, 2017
Biogen is truly a people-centric company, but we are floundering under the talent bleed. We want more strong leaders who will provide able direction to the company.
Pros
Work/Life Integration
Cons
High attrition of key talent
Top company
Territory Business Manager II, Neurology (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 22, 2017
Rewarding line of work calling upon Neurologists and promoting best-selling line of therapies for the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis. Company culture very stressful and cutthroat.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Selling environment
Productive and enjoyable work culture
Global Biomarker Discovery and Development Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 20, 2017
As an intern I was able to learn many new techniques and attend seminars and lectures. My teammates were very helpful and I was able to help advance projects for the GBDD group.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Biogen. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3