Biola University Employee Reviews

Great School
Pastoral Care and Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAApril 11, 2018
Biola was a great place to grow in character and develop the skills needed to be employed in a church environment. It wasn't the greatest place to be equipped in terms of the work force I suppose however which was its main drawback.
Pros
Great mentorship, leadership
Cons
Job Skills transferability
College Life
SECRETARY - SPANISH DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAApril 3, 2018
BIOLA is a place that teaches you how to work with other departments. There were several opportunities to meet staff and students that would collaborate to meet requirements and provide resources. The department directors were skilled and gave a lot of direction to help staff and students. Working as one unit made the department flow peaceful.
Pros
flexibility with hours, several opportunities for interaction, able to grow in experience
Friendly Environment
Substitute Teacher, Torrey Academy (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAMarch 25, 2018
-Typical work week varied based on need for substitutes
-Management is mostly hands off, intervening to ensure policies are followed
-Workplace culture is friendly
The best part of the job
Resident Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAMarch 9, 2018
The best part of the job was interacting with students and being in an encouraging atmosphere! Faculty, students, and staff are welcoming and friendly. It's an excellent place to work!
This place is great
FORENSIC SPEECH AND DEBATE COACH (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAFebruary 23, 2018
The environment here is everything that I would hope and expect. I started here as a student who competed for the speech and debate team and then became a coach. Working there is a pleasure.
Enjoyable environment for student
Library Circulation Employee (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJanuary 17, 2018
A typical day at work involved many interactions with students, staff, and faculty who were enjoyable to be around. I was consistently met with a smile and welcoming conversation. The best part of Biola was the other students that I got to be around.
Student Worker
Graduate Admissions Student Worker positions (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJanuary 8, 2018
I was a student worker, but from what I observed there was generally good interdepartmental cooperation. I had worked with and for a lot of good people.
Relaxed positive environment with a great staff
Admissions Caller (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CADecember 28, 2017
My job consisted of calling prospective students and telling them about what Biola university had to offer. I learned how to communicate formally to 200 plus strangers a day and how to retain university information.
Great Working Environment
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CADecember 19, 2017
Great people, great school, great God. I go to school at Biola University and it is a very tight, close-knit community as it definitely shows in the work environment.
great place to work
Professor (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CADecember 14, 2017
I love this place; it is no longer a good fit for me. The culture is amazing, and there is a lot of support for academic research and the people are nice and supportive.
Biola is a superior small Christian University
Associate Professor of Biblical Studies and Ethics (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CADecember 10, 2017
Biola has a great working culture where Christian principles are woven Great colleagues and great students.the fabric of the school. Teaching the students at Biola was the best part of the job.
Pros
Colleagues and Students
Cons
There are none.
Great place to work with caring employees and supervisors
Creative Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CANovember 15, 2017
Days could be long depending on your position and if you are hourly or salary. I loved my job and realized I love event planning from working here. It is a great place to work!
Biola Cafeteria
Cooperative team member (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CANovember 11, 2017
This place has taught me so much in terms of how I was able to communicate with people. It provided me with so many customer service opportunities that I probably would not have been able to gain somewhere else.
Working when your a Student is perfect
Lead Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAOctober 10, 2017
Working for the school is a great experience, especially when you are a student. The hours are flexible and you can choose what shifts work best for you.
Very reasonable and promotes a spiritual appetite for Christ.
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CASeptember 13, 2017
Great school to send your children to and great place to work! As a part time adjunct, I have experience great working relations with the staff and students. I wish they paid adjuncts more, but it isn't bad for supplemental part time work.
Pros
Gives great autonomy
Cons
Pay is a bit low for an adjunct
I was a student worker, as such I was only working part time without benefits
Bridging Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Global Student Programs and DevelopmentAugust 28, 2017
I was a student worker, as such I was only working part time without benefits, but I greatly enjoyed my job, my teammates, and my supervisor. The campus is a lively and enjoyable place to work.
Bookstore had poor management
Campus Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJuly 19, 2017
The system of the Biola Bookstore is very poor, to say the least. They lose students' orders, overcharge, and just overall don't do a very organized or efficient job. The staff and coworkers are great, but that's just because it's Biola.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
poor organization, little benefits, hard to get rehired
Christian environment workplace
Custodial, Facilities Management Department (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJuly 15, 2017
A typical day would be fulfilling work orders to clean offices, dorm rooms, and classrooms. I learned to work effectively with a team and to do a great job to avoid any complaints or returns. Management is great and they are very supportive. Biola's workplace culture is a family environment where we can pray and look out for each other. The hardest part of the job is to fulfill each work orders by the end of shift in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers.
Pros
Great workplace environment
Cons
Nothing really.
Incredible School
Intramural Student Programming Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJune 23, 2017
Biola was such a wonderful four years for me. Their ability to teach academically while also provide student jobs was a huge plus. Every pre-college student should attend
Great learning experience
RESIDENT ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJune 16, 2017
Learned a lot about planning programs and working on a team. Was an incredibly fun experience, and I was able to make relationships with not only residents but fellow RA's as well.