BioLife Plasma Services Employee Reviews

Benefits are great but management is not.
Advanced Senior Phlebotimist Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 8, 2019
The company benefits are great but the amount of work to pay is not great and as a phlebotomist it is under paid. Also, our lunch hours are always different every week and we would get breaks and sometime not get breaks. Its a very fast pace and long time on your feet no where to sit down and no time to get a drink of water or go to the bathroom some times.
This place isn’t family friendly
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHJanuary 6, 2019
you can’t have a family and work there. They don’t care if you have to pump for your baby. They make you feel bad about it. They won’t let you take bathroom breaks.
Cons
Was a great place and environment to work.
Senior Plasma Center Tech (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 4, 2019
I absolutely loved working for the team I worked with. We were like one big family. We worked great as a team and we did a lot for our community! The company treated us well, and compensated us accordingly. Always room for growth!
Fast-paced, high stress, and lack of organizational skills
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJanuary 4, 2019
Pros: with others always leaving there is room for advancement, benefits aren't overly priced

Cons: favouritism, have not received insurance cards since hired but paid since first filed (week into hire date), pay is horrible, management is lacking in many areas especially communition, never met HR department, rude IT, some of the staff need attitude adjustments, too many people being dictators even if it's not their role, unorganized training and trainers (because they think everyone can be a trainer which they can't), unorganized schedules and management, the donors are frustrated with the system, staff running over management, just smile and wave until this ship sinks, there is not work life balance unless you are one of the favorites.
Pros
Benefits are reasonably priced
Cons
Pay, management, staff, training
Overall Great Place to Work
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 27, 2018
Company is very good at setting expectations and holding you to them. At the same time they are very understanding of personal issues and health related issues.
Pros
Amount of compensation for non degree employees
Cons
Promotional opportunities are extremely competitive.
Great foot in the door
Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WADecember 10, 2018
Great foot in the door to getting experience with leadership and great values for working. Sometimes they have a hard time scheduling enough people and the day can get very chaotic. Inappropriate behavior and words are off limits and eveyone is held accountable.
Structured but fun
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTDecember 3, 2018
Because Biolife has to follow strict protocols the training can feel tedious, but the environment itself is a lot of fun. I always felt listened to and they always made an effort to work around my scheduling needs.
Pros
Awesome insurance
Cons
LOTS of reading for training
Ok place to work
Plasma center technician (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 1, 2018
The benefits of this place supersede any other benefits of any company that I've ever known. The health insurance is absolutely amazing. There's a lot of teamwork that goes into the daily Grind. There's a lot of perks for working for this company. I do think they could pay better salary for the hard work and the immense expectations of yourself.
Pros
Health insurance and benefits
Cons
Our site manager was a very two-faced person, High turnover rate because of him and as to why they couldn't keep people
Horrible Nursing job
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 27, 2018
This is not the type of Company I would want to work for again. Very profit motivated with little concern for their employees or customers. Way too much drama between depts.
Pros
Cons
too much drama
Negative
Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 19, 2018
Company is racially segregated. Favoritism is shown and employees step on each other to get to the top.
I was setup to be fired by By other employees.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Favoritism & Racism
Rigid production job utilizing minimal nursing skills
Medical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VANovember 15, 2018
This was a production job in blood services. Very structured and rigid with SOP's. No advancement for nurses at this job - only utilized as MSS. Same routine daily of registering, screening and processing donors. MSS performed history and physicals on donors and cared for donors with reactions. Management was okay, but very unprofessional at times regarding confidentiality, improper language in staff meetings, etc. I definitely did not feel valued as a nurse at this job. Followed strict SOP's at all times and highly regulated. Very different from any other nursing job I have ever worked in my lengthy career. Constantly reminded by management that "This is not your typical nursing job."
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unprofessional; no career ladder for nurses
Great place to work. Room for advancement in the company
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  State College, PANovember 1, 2018
Testing donors blood sample and vital signs prior to donation. Venipuncture on donors and monitoring donors during donationg process. Answering the phone and making appointments
First phleb job
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 31, 2018
Biolife has a decent job advancement system. They recognize when few errors are made, and promote those people. They were quickly ready to advance myself to a trainer.
Wonderful place to work during college.
Senior Plasma Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 30, 2018
I loved working at Biolife Plasma Services. it was a blast because all the usual friends worked there and it was a great cultural environment.I miss this job very much so.
good
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 29, 2018
overall okay place to work. but the hours and shifts are hard to live a life by. Management does a fair job in providing career advancement if you are willing to work hard enough
Very fun and rewarding job
PCT/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 26, 2018
Great place to work. Lots of advancement opportunities. Very fast paced place. Every day you encounter something new all while doing the same exact thing every single day. This is a challenging place to work if you have young children and is enrolled in college. Overall great company to work for.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
No work life balance
Great benefits
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 15, 2018
Great benefits including vacation, personal and sick time, stock options and 401K. Fast paced very stressful work environment. Management unwilling to offer any flexibility in regard to scheduling.
Benefits
Cons
No flexibiity with scheduling
Horrible place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MnOctober 13, 2018
Management was terrible. Immaturity was high and rude, behavior interferes with the work flow. Low low pay. I had to get food stamps to supplement for my family. Large employee turnover caused low moral and customer service. My advice is-there are so many other places to work Biolife shouldn’t be considered.
Pros
Bathrooms
Cons
Low moral, bad management, terrible training
Productive and fun work environment
PCT/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Walker, MIOctober 12, 2018
Love working here. Fun and productive work life, helping save lives. Team effort from everyone. Safe and clean environment. Training on the spot. Would recommend to anyone.
n/a
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 10, 2018
Pick somewhere else to work. They over work you, and underpay you. They are bias. The management team is Lazy and inconsistent. The leadership team is cutthroat.
Pros
Available OT
Cons
Unrealistic exceptions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BioLife Plasma Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight