bioMerieux Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The work is great and satisfying
Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 15, 2018
Despite the work being rewarding, the management team does not reward for your contributions. You don't have control over areas that you have the most experience. Engineers have little understanding of what goes on with equipment but, they are listened to more than people with experience. No potential for advancement or very little potential. Company doesn't put any merit into seniority.
Pros
work is easy, benefits are pretty good
Cons
People, poor management, degraded if not college educated, no advancement, no voice
A very different company to work for
Project Manager Quality Management Systems (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 19, 2018
In the first 3-5 months of working there I lost my Director of quality and on the next 3 months I lost my quality manager. Then we were incorporated under a different department with a supervisor who had no previous experience or was very limited. Her style of management was different of what other big companies use:
Pros
Excellent benefits and compensation
Cons
Little groups of management, still a company in formation. Family owned.
Technical support for manufacturing blood culture bottles
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 29, 2018
Conduct investigations directly related to integrity of the final product and determine root cause in order to implement or provide guidance to sustainable solutions.

Recommend and monitor the implementation of preventative actions (via CAPA investigations) as well as process improvements utilizing lean six sigma strategies resulting from these failure investigations.

Provide technical expertise for investigational support, procedure revisions, and projects related to scale up, technology transfer, and process improvement initiatives.

Create and present reports on conducted experiments, failure investigations, and validations.

Create and revise the necessary documentation for implementation into production.
People and workplace
Process Technician II (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 27, 2018
People are very helpful and nice and the workplace can improve on management. They need to work on the training out there and increase your pay rate everyone will be happy.
Pros
$3 off for meals, excellent benefits
Cons
Sometimes u can work too much
Good Benefits but Long Hours
Senior Media Technician (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJune 11, 2018
Good benefits but if you do not have an office job you are on your feet for at least 12 hours or more a day. Pay is ok but there is scheduled overtime so you will hardly have any time to spend that money
Production
Forklift and Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 11, 2018
Great place to work!! loved the benefits, fast paced environment! Diverse people to work with and management is very fair and easy to work with! You have to pay attention to details very closely at this job, but for the most part, each job is pretty much simple and easy to understand and complete!!
nnn
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC 27713June 10, 2018
Loading and unloading truck with finished goods, stocking raw material, operating stand up forklift walker-rider and reach truck, swing-reachStocking finished goods, inventory cycle counts Verify and complete required documentation and reports, Assist customers with freight and freight documentation as needed DOT and Hazmat regulations and SAP, SLRs, Dock operations
fun
Hemostasis Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 31, 2018
This was a very good place to work. The benefits were excellent. The management and the work culture were alo excellent. Most of my coworkers were helpful.
Energetic area that's fun, but get works done
Card Production (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMay 14, 2018
This was a great place to work at. Especially for college students who are looking for jobs as well as those looking for something temporary that can help their families in times of need. The workers as well as the managers are very nice and helpful with all newcomers and pretty understanding in situations.
Good environment, management needs cleaning a bit
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 10, 2018
Enjoyed the people I had to work with daily but was very hard trying to work with certain managers. Good company to just get some experience & move along to bigger and better opportunities.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Terrible Management (esp on 2nd shift)
Company with a life saving product
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 9, 2018
Employs some good people that work hard and have fun doing it. Lots of week day BBQ's and fun time activities. They throw good year end galas. There is good and bad like all companies.
Average day at bioMerieux
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 9, 2018
My days were filled with many different opportunities. I continually made my way through the organization helping where I could and administering to all that needed assistance.
The culture of this company was varied and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing so many nice people and interacting with many department heads throughout my day.
Pros
I was able to take on my projects with no interference.
Cons
Lack of company communication when implementing new procedures.
Productive workplace
Maintenance and Reliabiltiy Engineer- Senior Tech (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 10, 2018
highly recommend working here
lots of great people
clean
great cafeteria chances for advancement are there, you have to find them....
free popcorn on Wednesday
Great Place to work
CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 18, 2018
I learn about the industry procedure and rules. They empathize on safety and to follow the rules. the management are great. the workplace culture is very good, very respectful and organize. The hardest part of the job is sometime dont have the information on the equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible time and the people working there. Overall I enjoy my time working there.
Pros
Cons
N/a
very demanding
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 8, 2018
my supervisor was a bully and led by intimidation with threats not a fun place to work at all would not recommend it to anyone. Facilities department you do not want to work there very large turnover.
Department-dependent
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 6, 2018
As a whole, bioMerieux is a good place to work. The benefits are really good, and the Vitality program is a wonderful extra incentive that can go toward lowering what you pay for health insurance and other benefits. However, workplace culture and experience really depends on what department you're working in.

When I worked there, I was in Media Production. The job description said that 1 year of wet chemistry experience was required, as well as a college degree in the sciences. Those are OVERKILL requirements. Nothing about what is done in that department is scientific. It's literally a glorified factory environment thinly disguised as a laboratory. The hours are long (when I left, they had bumped the shifts from 10 to 12 hours), and the days start early at 4:00 am. You are not allowed to sit if you're working on the bench. Lunch breaks were trimmed back to 30 minutes. Sure, we got 3 15-minute breaks in between, but for a 10-12 hour shift, that doesn't make much difference. If you wanted time off, you had to put it in way in advance because there was a max of 2 people who could be out on a single day. Overtime was "voluntary/mandatory," which meant if you didn't put in overtime after a certain duration, you were required to come in. The upper managers insisted that what production does is important (in their defense, it definitely is), but all they gave us were words. No increase in bonus, no increase in pay, nothing. Just an increase in hours. Most of the Group Leads are attentive and will do their best to work with you, but even they're tied to an extent.
  more...

However, if you can get into departments such as QC, Validations, R&D, or Clinical, you will be much happier. They work regular hours, and their work is more science-based than Production. And overall, it's a good company that does good work and makes very useful products and instruments. Just avoid Production if you don't want a factory job and want a scientific position.
Pros
discounted lunches, great benefits, Vitality program, good coworkers
Cons
insufficient breaks, long hours, poor work-life balance
Productive place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 5, 2018
Laid back place to work. Nothing hard about it. Great benefits. I work there now as a Temp/Contractor and have not been hired yet. I have applied but have not heard anything.
quaterly bbqs
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  QueenslandMarch 4, 2018
positive social culture felt valued as a team member security working within a global company working with diagnostics and microbiological products payed courses in up skilling
Pros
bbq
bioMerieux
Clinical Support Scientist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2018
The clinical affairs department expects a lot for a little. Training is not executed well and then when something goes wrong it is solely on the person who did it even if no to little training was provided. Very clique like department and organization and contract employees are not treated well at all. No benefits or pto provided.
Great Environment
Research and Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 21, 2018
I thought the Research and Development team was welcoming and talented. The work was challenging - design focus frequently changed and long term professional goals were difficult to achieve. I ended my two year contract position when the project moved to another location for the next phase of development. I chose not to renew my contract.
Pros
Research and Development is challenging
Cons
Long term professional goals were difficult to achieve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bioMerieux. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss