bioMerieux Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good environment, management needs cleaning a bit
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 10, 2018
Enjoyed the people I had to work with daily but was very hard trying to work with certain managers. Good company to just get some experience & move along to bigger and better opportunities.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Terrible Management (esp on 2nd shift)
Company with a life saving product
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 9, 2018
Employs some good people that work hard and have fun doing it. Lots of week day BBQ's and fun time activities. They throw good year end galas. There is good and bad like all companies.
Average day at bioMerieux
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 9, 2018
My days were filled with many different opportunities. I continually made my way through the organization helping where I could and administering to all that needed assistance.
The culture of this company was varied and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing so many nice people and interacting with many department heads throughout my day.
Pros
I was able to take on my projects with no interference.
Cons
Lack of company communication when implementing new procedures.
Productive workplace
Maintenance and Reliabiltiy Engineer- Senior Tech (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 10, 2018
highly recommend working here
lots of great people
clean
great cafeteria chances for advancement are there, you have to find them....
free popcorn on Wednesday
Great Place to work
CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 18, 2018
I learn about the industry procedure and rules. They empathize on safety and to follow the rules. the management are great. the workplace culture is very good, very respectful and organize. The hardest part of the job is sometime dont have the information on the equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible time and the people working there. Overall I enjoy my time working there.
Pros
Cons
N/a
very demanding
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 8, 2018
my supervisor was a bully and led by intimidation with threats not a fun place to work at all would not recommend it to anyone. Facilities department you do not want to work there very large turnover.
Department-dependent
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 6, 2018
As a whole, bioMerieux is a good place to work. The benefits are really good, and the Vitality program is a wonderful extra incentive that can go toward lowering what you pay for health insurance and other benefits. However, workplace culture and experience really depends on what department you're working in.

When I worked there, I was in Media Production. The job description said that 1 year of wet chemistry experience was required, as well as a college degree in the sciences. Those are OVERKILL requirements. Nothing about what is done in that department is scientific. It's literally a glorified factory environment thinly disguised as a laboratory. The hours are long (when I left, they had bumped the shifts from 10 to 12 hours), and the days start early at 4:00 am. You are not allowed to sit if you're working on the bench. Lunch breaks were trimmed back to 30 minutes. Sure, we got 3 15-minute breaks in between, but for a 10-12 hour shift, that doesn't make much difference. If you wanted time off, you had to put it in way in advance because there was a max of 2 people who could be out on a single day. Overtime was "voluntary/mandatory," which meant if you didn't put in overtime after a certain duration, you were required to come in. The upper managers insisted that what production does is important (in their defense, it definitely is), but all they gave us were words. No increase in bonus, no increase in pay, nothing. Just an increase in hours. Most of the Group Leads are attentive and will do their best to work with you, but even they're tied to an extent.
  more...

However, if you can get into departments such as QC, Validations, R&D, or Clinical, you will be much happier. They work regular hours, and their work is more science-based than Production. And overall, it's a good company that does good work and makes very useful products and instruments. Just avoid Production if you don't want a factory job and want a scientific position.
Pros
discounted lunches, great benefits, Vitality program, good coworkers
Cons
insufficient breaks, long hours, poor work-life balance
Productive place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 5, 2018
Laid back place to work. Nothing hard about it. Great benefits. I work there now as a Temp/Contractor and have not been hired yet. I have applied but have not heard anything.
quaterly bbqs
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  QueenslandMarch 4, 2018
positive social culture felt valued as a team member security working within a global company working with diagnostics and microbiological products payed courses in up skilling
Pros
bbq
bioMerieux
Clinical Support Scientist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2018
The clinical affairs department expects a lot for a little. Training is not executed well and then when something goes wrong it is solely on the person who did it even if no to little training was provided. Very clique like department and organization and contract employees are not treated well at all. No benefits or pto provided.
Great Environment
Research and Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 21, 2018
I thought the Research and Development team was welcoming and talented. The work was challenging - design focus frequently changed and long term professional goals were difficult to achieve. I ended my two year contract position when the project moved to another location for the next phase of development. I chose not to renew my contract.
Pros
Research and Development is challenging
Cons
Long term professional goals were difficult to achieve.
Not the best department to work in
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 19, 2018
Unprofessional and hostile environment. The employees do not welcome new employees. They laugh and talk about them to their faces. If you don’t tell them your business they don’t like you and try to give you a hard time when you have to work with them. Management allows negative behavior among employees. If management knows you have a difficult time working with someone they purposely put them together. I only recommend this company if you choose to work in other departments. Card Production dept is the worst to work in.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, on-site gym
Cons
Poor morale, difficult people to work with. Management does nothing about it.
Overall a good place to work
Sr. Scientist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 17, 2018
It is very a very high paced place to work, but they stressed the importance of the customer and quality patient care, which makes the hard work worthwhile.
Educated Group
Marketing Communications Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 15, 2018
I worked very closely with Scientist, Phlebotomist and the Director over the clinical diversion. I was pleased on the knowledge every had on all products we had to promote.
Pros
Wealth of knowledge
Cons
Was not a longterm position available
Great Company
Workforce Management Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 2, 2018
Nice, professional environment; fast-paced, but methodical and well organized. Controlled chaos.

My leadership was wonderful; fun, willing to allow me opportunity to contribute and be innovative.

Benefits were comparable and fair.

Hardest part about the job was my director did not have a strong concept of my job function and failed to pave the way by solidifying the buy-in for the ongoing change management projects my position demanded, nor was I empowered to self-govern to effectively counter the challenge.

Overall, I enjoyed the challenge of consultation and training new concepts and strategic plans to my colleagues and introducing them to contact center concepts, workforce management, forecasting, and process improvement. I enjoyed my time with this company and have maintained close relationships with many I worked with from all those years ago. That should speak much for the company culture; one of relationship building.
Pros
Cafeteria, professionalism, organization, people
Cons
Poor implementation and change management strategy
fun peaceful beautiful place to work
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 31, 2018
i loved cleaning the floors with the scrubber machines. Food in the cafeteria was amazing and the place was huge. the security guards were always nice and greeted me when i came to work.
Pros
peaceful beautiful evrionment
Cons
short breaks/ payroll
BioMerieux is a caring organization and a solid place to work
National Corporate Account Manager - VA Health (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 31, 2018
My experience at Biomerieux was challenging and rewarding at the same time. I appreciate the leadership and the experience I had with BioMerieux as it will make me a better candidate for my next role.
Pros
Great benefits, solid organization, great cause and doing wonderful things for society.
Cons
Thinking you have a long career at an organization and then realizing you don't.
temporary position
Clinical Scientist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2018
was hired in as contract employee. they never filled the supervisor role. I left because I found a permanent position with paid time off & benefits.
Great Laboratory Diagnostics Co
Clinical Education Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 21, 2018
BioMerieux is a great place to work. They try to promote work/life balance. There are metrics to meet and sometimes they are challenging but field management is helpful and the products are timely in the public health arena
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too much travel
Good benefits, bad commute
Service (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 17, 2018
Good place to work, some politics. Won't advance unless you are French or choose to move to France. Need to focus on work/life balance and remote working because the office is in a horrible (unsafe) location in Durham

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bioMerieux. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss