Biomet Employee Reviews

Horrible environment
Machinist (Former Employee) –  WarsawAugust 24, 2018
Poor management. Folks with degrees matter everyone else is considered labor pool. No relocation assistance for employees without degrees. You are nothing more than a number to the higher ups. The less work you do the more you are paid. A true good ole boy environment. This place is a sinking ship that thinks the you need a degree to be of any value to the company.
Pros
Cons
Degree based company
quick paced, good place to start being a machinist
Advanced CNC Machinist Class A (Current Employee) –  kneesAugust 9, 2018
good place to start a career, with competive wages and benefits. it is a high stress job that requires a high level of motivation and knowledge, must be willing to put the work in.
Pros
a good place to learn to be a machinist
Cons
need to be alert to learn the job, not alot of training
No work/life balance
Product Surveillance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 31, 2018
In post-market surveillance, work/life balance does not exist. Working 8-6:30 every day and being threatened with weekend work every week is not okay. Pre-merge, Biomet was an excellent place to work where everyone got along and management understood the job their employees were doing. Post-merge, it's not even close to being a viable place to work. Management is unhelpful and does nothing to reduce the amount of stress. Instead, they change processes without realizing the consequences, and force the employees to work even more to make up for the failures. At least we have a good CEO now, hopefully things will turn around sooner rather than later.
Another case of Poor management
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 30, 2018
Like every other hard working middle class person, the number one reason for people and myself leaving a job is when the management of that company is always rotating new supervisors in and out like candy. No helpful direction for troubleshooting, no help when emergencies happen at home, and no understanding when you cannot make the same quality item with less material than before. There is Lean Manufacturing, then there is impossible manufacturing.
Pros
Pay, vacation time
Cons
Horrible company since sold and management is a sham!
On call for four years
Associate Distributor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 19, 2018
Review title says it all. 1099, on call for four years. Lugging instrument trays every day. Beat my truck up something terrible. Long days, little support from management.
Pros
Great OR experience
Cons
On call for four years
Unorganized Uncertain
Contract Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Warsaw INMarch 6, 2018
Arrive around 6 work until around 5:30. Stressful all day. manager plays favorites and is very moody and unprofessional. Learned more about Microsoft and Pros The culture is ever changing the whole place feels unsure. Ignoring ever changing moods of co workers and manager. Clocking out and going home
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful no engagement of managers
fun place to work
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 16, 2018
nice company to work advance in careers love my time i spend with my coworkers with care about patient and workers making sure the workers are safe and happy
Pros
opportunity to grow
Cons
communication some time is lack
First Real experience in medical sales
Associate Distributor, Orthopedic Implants (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2017
This was my debut company in the implant sales world after working as a private scrub tech for my father and his partners.
I enjoyed it... and learned a lot.
My distributor was leaving the company, so i too decided to spread my wings and venture elsewhere.
Pros
flexibility and a good boss
Cons
higher priced than most of the competitors
Worked with good people and enjoyed my job.
INSPECTOR/ QUALITY CONTROL (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 25, 2017
Inspected parts for Microfixation and bone cement. Management did not always know as to what all went into what it took to do the job.
Really liked the group of people I worked with.
Productive and fun slow work environment and there is a cafe
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 2, 2017
Slow work environment, load your own parts gauge parts and run machine. With little supervison from supervisor will get trained for week or two then be on own
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Not much overtime

Want to know more about Biomet?

Ask a question
Producitvee
Sports Medicine Assembler (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 30, 2017
Biomet was a very friendly place to work and the managment were easy going. The work was decently easy as well. Pay was good and you recieve a decent amount of vacation days! I'd recommend to a friend!
Relaxed Enviornment, Enjoyed Co-Workers and Staff
Deskside Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 26, 2017
Dealt with daily IT issues. The environment was relaxed, dress code was a plus, worked with a great team. Management was very good and there was opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Dress Code, Relaxed Enviornment, Good Management and Co-Workers
Cons
Compensation wasn't great.
interesting and challenging
Receptionist, Regulatory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 3, 2017
Job was challenging and taught me what I needed to move on to bigger and better things. I learned how t read Blue prints and job position was relocated to Florida so I had to move on.
Pros
fun, money
Cons
time managment
Productive and fun learning workplace with a lovely campus to walk, sit and unwind.
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 2, 2017
A typical day at work, entailed answering questions regarding using medical products. As well provide support to not only the customer but the hospitals, clinics, doctors and sales representative. What you learned is how to satisfy the customers need and be respective of their conditions, as well be empathetic. Management of time was paramount because one managed a territory of many states in the US. So the phones were constantly ringing as well the email were needing to be answered as well voicemail. So splitting your time up being brief and precise was very important. The workplace culture was dependent on myself and three others. Our knowledge of the company's products was very important. Our department was the go to department for the customer and their usage of the product. The hardest part of the job was to prioritize the calls. Since all calls dealt with customers and their usage, often times you must be able to be attentive to all and give each and everyone above and beyond quality care. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing the customer say that you satisfied their questions and you did it with kindness.
Pros
Enjoying helping others
Cons
Not enough employees to answer product calls
account advisor
INSURANCE PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 31, 2017
I was only a temp at this job, the short time I spent there was fine, they pay was decent. I had accounts I was responsible for maintain. My supervisor was helpful and trained me well
Job
Receptionist, Regulatory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at Biomet the position They taught me how to read Blue Prints for instruments being ordered. All in all I had a good experience at Biomet and time will spent. I had to leave due to the position being downsized.
Pros
Laid back nice
Cons
El ambiente dentro de la empresa era bueno,respetuoso y sobre todas las cosas en armonía.
Transporte / Logística (Former Employee) –  Transportistas-chofer de mi propio utilitarioApril 20, 2017
Buenos días,
El trabajo de logística en Biomet fue una buena experiencia laboral,
Aprendí mucho con el trato de la gente y el compañerismo dentro de la empresa fue muy bueno.
Pros
El horario de trabajo era muy bueno y cercano a mi domicilio
Cons
La preferencia que había con algunos transportistas
Friendly, Well trained employees
Orthopaedic Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAMarch 16, 2017
The people, culture, management, and work/life balance are all incredible! Not to mention, the work we do here -- helping people get jobs-- is THE most rewarding work I've ever done. I'm constantly challenged by the work, which has helped me learn and grow so quickly. Management also makes you feel like your opinion and input actually matters, and WILL put it into practice. Growth opportunities here are immense, and management is always willing to help work with you to help achieve your career goals.
Nice environment to be year round.
Packager (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 8, 2017
Biomet has a very nice ventilation system. This job was very easy for me. It was through a temp. agency so, I was not making a whole lot at the time. I had to find another job quickly. I would have stayed if I was hired in full time.
Pros
low pay
Cons
Great Benefits
Clear directives
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 31, 2017
I really liked that my responsibilities were made very clear and kept me busy. Management seemed to behave in a professional manner at all times.
The only draw back would be that their pay scale doesn't quite match up to the industry standard.