BioScrip, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place to work but job security is questionable.
WorkerBee (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 8, 2018
The place to work. Managers are great. I nice group of people. Seems to layoff a great deal and without notice. You should keep your resume updated. Upper management are cut-throat and do not seem to care about hourly workers.
Bioscrip
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 30, 2018
BioScrip was a great place to work. It was my first encounter with complex reconciliations. My Supervisor provided me with several new challenges to help me grow professionally.
Unorganized workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 30, 2018
You will see postings from this company frequently but just ignore them. They work you like a dog and you will receive no credit for anything you do. If anything it’s constant ridicule for the most minor things. There are a lot of slackers who want to do the bare minimum and just put the rest off until the next day. Leaving everyone else to clean up the massive workload. If this review wasn’t enough to make you run keep in mind there haven’t been any raises for the staff for over 3 years! They recently announced that there wouldn’t be any raises for 2018....

The people on top seem to be doing well. No expense is ever spared for them.

I am glad I got out when I did because the company is just getting worse.
Pros
Cons
Benefits suck, no raises, bad management
Company only care about numbers.
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  MSJuly 29, 2018
Bioscrip only cares about referrals. The clinical liaison position is not family friendly. They will make this job seem glorious when they are recruiting you, but don’t fall for it! Your job description will be one thing, however, when you start more things will be piled onto your plate. You will only get bare minimum training before you’re thrown out there.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Not family friendly & only concerned with numbers
Worked in customer service
Doctor Call Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2018
Worked there for short amount of time, about 9 months - company sold. Hours of operation for my team about 9-5; however, could work later due to the fact we service CA too. Actually was flexible as i was able to schedule some classes and still work my 40+. In the end, was able to work and hours and amount of hours I wanted to get the job done before the sale.
Not a good place to work anymore
Cash Application Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJJuly 17, 2018
A lot of organizational changes. I've never seen so many employees voluntarily leave a company so much.

A lot of executives that don't care about their employees.
Sr. Pharmacy Technician/AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2018
Great place to work, they hours were great, the pay was great, the management was great. The only issue happened after getting bought out by a big corporation
I was remote
Market Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2018
When I worked for this company, I was one of only 3 employees in the state. That's not a bad thing, but it means there wasn't really much of a corporate culture. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and found the work engaging.
Poor management
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJ 07950June 14, 2018
Fun and exciting at first glance. Poor management and lack of opportunities combined with a very low salary and high demand makes this place impossible to succeed and grow.
worst job I ever had
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHMay 29, 2018
This was the absolute worst job I ever had. Drama. Cut throat. Favoritism. And did I say drama starting with the management. Horrible work envirorment
Pros
non
Cons
unorganized. Drama. Too much favortism
Great place to work at
Specialty Intake and Hemophilia Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJMay 12, 2018
BioScrip was a great place to work at.
A lot of people left when the company was bought out but whoever was left worked hard and made the transition very easy
Rewards always come after best service
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJApril 22, 2018
Everyday new challenge. Learnt and still learning everyday.
Management is always right. Best Manager, Supervisor.
Work culture - give your best everyday.
Hardest part of the job - when things not done properly.
Most enjoyable part - when thing done correctly.
Pros
Try to give your best without any compromise
Cons
Throw out negativity. Good days always come after struggle.
Unprofessional work environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 19, 2018
BioScrip location in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. To be warned... No one will tell you about the horrifying traffic you may encounter when it’s time for you to get off. The turn over rate is extremely high. The people who want to make the company successful are fired or basically hang on until they find employment elsewhere. This particular location is filled with cliques, gossip, disorganization, rumors, low moral, and poor staffing. The people who have been working there for years, are the people that continue to keep this company location dysfunctional. The majority does not want to change and if your the minority, you can see your way to the exit door. It is my personal belief, the company is able to function this way because no one at the corporate level question their decisions and if they are, the employee making the final decisions have been able to point the blame and hide their faults by manipulating and/or playing the blame game on innocent employees. During business and after hours, Non management employees have access to call and gossip with upper management on a day to day and weekend basis. There is no respect for your family life. So employees tend to bring their children to work. You may meet employees who brag about how they have parties and have entertained the kids at work over the years during snow in, inclement weather, school breaks, inventory, and the many instances when they cannot get off at their scheduled or appropriate time. At first, it may seem like employees are just dedicated, but the root of the problem is actually due to poor management.  more... After much thought and observation it is obvious this location has been doing the same thing over and over again for years, expecting different results. If you are a individual that may be personally motivated by a poor work environment, this is the perfect place for you. This was just my experience at this particular location. I can’t speak for other locations. The company has much potential but the entire Baton Rouge, location is in dire need of a complete employee overhaul. While they have lost a phenomenal amount of great employees during my employment, it was heartbreaking. Currently, the NASDAQ shows the company stock is $2.72. Perhaps it may reach $3.00 by the closing bell. Had I truly taken the time to look at the company reviews and their poor stock, I would have seen the tell tale signs. I hope this information may help anyone that may be interested in working or investing anything with this company. If you have a medical license and took the time to read this, look elsewhere, I’m sure someone else would love to have you!!!!!! Don’t take the bait...!!!!!  less
Pros
From time to time you may get free lunch from the Reps!
Cons
Poor Management, Inconsistent time off, No respect for family life, Overworked
Great Place To Work
Temporary Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 4, 2018
Great Place To Work
Everyone there is very polite and great to work with. Everyone there works as a team. The best staff I have ever worked with. Going to work is a joy.
A Fun Place To Work
Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2018
Ok company to work for starting out benefits not that great. Fast pace work environment. Friendly environment. Take what you have learn from this company to grow
Pros
na
Cons
na
Production was a handful but I learned alot
Production Processor Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 9, 2018
I remember going to Rhode Island for training, it was lots of fun and busy. The seafood was great the hours of work was stressful at times overall it was great.
nothing positive here
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 3, 2018
I have worked at Bioscrip for a good amount of time. Upper management has taken benefits away and people have left the company that have been working there a long time. Nurses are not valued, not given raises, decreased mileage reimbursement. PTO was cut company wide, call pay was cut with no explanation why. 401k is not matched. 8 months later management tried to explain why everything was done, by that time people had left. The way to make budget cuts is not to take away from the people at the bottom who are busting their butts everyday to get sales and see patients, mix the meds, intake and pharmacy. And so with that, makes it very difficult to recruit new employees.......cause really what do you have to offer them??????
Pros
excellent call center
Caring and dedicated clinicians providing excellent care
Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York StateMarch 3, 2018
Company of dedicated and caring healthcare professionals delivering excellent care to patients daily. The pharmacists and nurses provide cost-effective care producing optimal outcomes.
Great Place to work if Quality in Patient Care is what Motivates you..
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 24, 2018
I work in the reimbursement center. I am very happy here. It is fast paced, busy, and can at times be stressful. But for me personally I thrive in this type of environment. Management is aware of this and do find ways to alleviate the stress being a water balloon fight or a picnic. We are a company that has recently been restructured. There have been offices closed and relocated but these changes were necessary for the company to grow and remain relevant as this niche in healthcare evolves. When I read some of the reviews I find that they do not reflect the reasons for the layoffs. There was sub par work coming out of some of the branches and divisions, some were not profitable or were too close to another branch to cause competition between them leaving both unprofitable. Layoffs are never pleasant but are a fact of our country’s employment culture. When hired I was advised of the challenges facing the “new” company. Was advised of more personnel changes, changes in procedures and protocols, but I was also told that as the company rebounds we will see benefits that were taken away given back salaries would improve and there would be room for growth and advancement. We are already seeing that the changes are improving our bottom line. New opportunities are becoming available. Our CEO communicates with all employees (not just higher management), about major events or changes in our company and industry. Our director makes time to meet with us a group once a week to also communicate changes that are happening or to actually do some training. It’s not unusual to  more... have her stop by your desk say hi and ask how you are doing. This is a company that made hard decisions for the betterment of themselves. But also provide quality care and services to their patients as well as provide a stable work environment that is a place you can be proud to say you are an employee of.
For so of you reading these reviews I hope that seeing things from a different prospective makes you consider joining us. But don’t bother applying if you are not the best of the best, and aren’t willing to commit 100%.
Because our main goal is to provide the highest level of quality care.
Pros
Great Environment - Progessive Company
Cons
Other than an occasional stressful day - none
Don't waste your time!!! Run!!!!
Reimbursement (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJFebruary 22, 2018
The company has completely changed during the merger between two companies. The new company got rid all BioScrip original management. The new CEO has taken away PTO, raises, 401K. There is no incentive to work here. If you are out for any reason even 15 minutes you must use PTO. The office mentality is awful & very depressing. People are constantly being let go & looking for other jobs. The Morris Plains office is becoming a billing office & all collectors are being pushed out the door. There's no room for growth & the people they chose as supervisors have the least bit of knowledge on the team & will go to the team to learn how to do their job. The office does not close for inclement weather & is frowned upon if you don't risk your life to get to work.
Pros
Cons
Everything!