BioScrip, Inc. Employee Reviews

soso
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTNovember 18, 2018
it has its good days and its bad. i just hate the lack of career advancement and the people who work here are BIG on complaints it can be frustrating after awhile if your the type of person who just wants to go to work and do your job.
Great Employer
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 15, 2018
Great staff to manage. Patient care always put first. Stressful at times, but mostly manageable. Hardest part was getting corporate management to understand the needs of the local branch.
Pros
Staff and work environment
Cons
Corporate Management wasn't always truthful
Extremely productive and fun place to work
Delivery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTNovember 11, 2018
Constant growth, change, and upward momentum. Working for this company has helped develop my professional business skills as well as my personal life skills because of the constant challenge to raise the bar and strive for better systems/services.
Fantastic potential for growth but staffing restrictions and labor constraints impeded overall success.
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New EnglandNovember 11, 2018
Local management was lazy and not in line with vision and mission of high level leadership.

Value and achievement had to be felt personally by knowing you have helped the patients and their families. It will not be recognized by the company no matter how remarkable and exceptional your performance.
ok place to work
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Somers Point, NJNovember 5, 2018
BioScrip is not the greatest company to work for. It integrated with Home Solutions and once we made the switch it just was not the same. Work ethic is great, management is ok, but there is no room for career advancement unless you are a pharmacist or RN.
Verify eligibility and benefits by communicating with various payers, referral sources; determine prior authorization request and requirement for clai
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 3, 2018
Learned about pharmacy claims processing. The company got rid of our department.

Ensure all documentation is needed for billing prior to claim submissions. Call providers to confirm insurance verification has been received and confirmed upon request in a timely manner. Advise provider of copays, coinsurance, and any out of pocket expenses, also inform providers of financial assistance programs available. Prioritize all incoming prescription request and process according to appointment date or medical necessity.
Pros
learned pharmacy
Cons
no room from growth
Pretty sorry place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 1, 2018
Worked there for 7 years . Broke my back for them . I wanna see them find someone that did everything I did. Good luck to them. It’s a horrible unfriendly employer ! Especially management!
Cons
If you’re thinking of applying, RUN
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 23, 2018
The worst place I have ever worked at. If you like management who talks about you as soon as you turn around, and working like a dog this is a great choice for you. As a pharmacy technician I wouldn’t recommend this place to my worst enemy. You’ll work yourself to death and hate your life.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Understaffed, busy, terrible pharmacy management, drama
Overwhelming place to work
Clinical Pharmacist, Infusion (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 23, 2018
Administration is out of touch with operations and allows outside influences to drive the business. Focus is on numbers, not people. A typical work day starts with huddle and review of potential clients and how many we secured. Then each department shifts their focus to their specific focus. No work life balance exist.
Pros
long hours, not enough staff, low salary
Cons
long hours, not enough staff, low salary, poor leadership practices
Productive place to work
Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 7, 2018
A typical work day is 8am to 5pm Mon- Fri. Management changes directives daily sometimes hourly. Management does not like taking accountability for incorrect information they provide and constantly look for ways to place the blame. Training is horrible too much changing info and everyone works differently nothing is cohesive.
Pros
work from home
Cons
hours, training
Ok job
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJOctober 3, 2018
Their old CEO's had problems doing their jobs and now the company is in bad shape. They aren't offering raises or bonus and the other benefits are just average.
ever changing work envirnment
Purchasing Coordinator and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2018
Teams were small and overworked. Priorities changed frequently which made my job challenging.
Management did not communicate well.
I fine-tuned my data analysis tasks. Management approved my taking additional Excel classes. However my work load was too high for me to fit added training in. Hours in office and at home averaged 50-55 hrs per week.
Company did not promote from within. Management was top heavy. There was serious turn over within company.
Pros
monthly party to celebrate new hires, anniversaries and special events.
Cons
constant turn over. Did not match 401K. Performance reviews were infrequent.
Old school
AP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 21, 2018
go back back back in time at Bioscrip. Tall cubicals, no talking, no perks, hard chairs, clique groups and whispering. Decent pay for a really boring job,
Was ok
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 26, 2018
It was something but due to management not having management skills many very talented people left. No 401k match and now growth with the company. But they want you to collect estimated drug copayment from customers who have nothing but our word to go by not a bill.
Pros
Office atmosphere, co workers, and free food sometimes
Cons
Management, time off, and no 401k match
Great Place to work but job security is questionable.
WorkerBee (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 8, 2018
The place to work. Managers are great. I nice group of people. Seems to layoff a great deal and without notice. You should keep your resume updated. Upper management are cut-throat and do not seem to care about hourly workers.
Bioscrip
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 30, 2018
BioScrip was a great place to work. It was my first encounter with complex reconciliations. My Supervisor provided me with several new challenges to help me grow professionally.
Unorganized workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 30, 2018
You will see postings from this company frequently but just ignore them. They work you like a dog and you will receive no credit for anything you do. If anything it’s constant ridicule for the most minor things. There are a lot of slackers who want to do the bare minimum and just put the rest off until the next day. Leaving everyone else to clean up the massive workload. If this review wasn’t enough to make you run keep in mind there haven’t been any raises for the staff for over 3 years! They recently announced that there wouldn’t be any raises for 2018....

The people on top seem to be doing well. No expense is ever spared for them.

I am glad I got out when I did because the company is just getting worse.
Pros
Cons
Benefits suck, no raises, bad management
Company only care about numbers.
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  MSJuly 29, 2018
Bioscrip only cares about referrals. The clinical liaison position is not family friendly. They will make this job seem glorious when they are recruiting you, but don’t fall for it! Your job description will be one thing, however, when you start more things will be piled onto your plate. You will only get bare minimum training before you’re thrown out there.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Not family friendly & only concerned with numbers
Worked in customer service
Doctor Call Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2018
Worked there for short amount of time, about 9 months - company sold. Hours of operation for my team about 9-5; however, could work later due to the fact we service CA too. Actually was flexible as i was able to schedule some classes and still work my 40+. In the end, was able to work and hours and amount of hours I wanted to get the job done before the sale.
Not a good place to work anymore
Cash Application Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJJuly 17, 2018
A lot of organizational changes. I've never seen so many employees voluntarily leave a company so much.

A lot of executives that don't care about their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BioScrip, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about