BIR Training Center

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Supportive environment

Company offered bonuses for jobs well done.

This was a school so not many perks but there were some benefits. You weren't micromanaged and was able to do your job without worrying about that part.

Pros

No micromanaging.

Cons

No good benefit package

great experience working with cultural diversity place

I started my career in entry level from admission department dealing with current and prospective students. I enrolled students for programs and assisted registering them to class. I was in charge for a newly opened campus for about 1 year. I acquired good leadership and teamwork skills. I mostly deal with International students from all over the world. I'm quite enjoyed being part of diversity work place.

Out of business

They no longer exist. It was not a bad company to work for when they were doing well, but after they lost their accreditation, things changed for the worse until eventually they were forced to sell their assets to another private university.

great experience, opportunity to meet and help students from around the world

Manage, train, and evaluate a team of 17 Admissions Counselors enrolling and annually serving over 1,500 F-1 international students enrolled in English Language programs, and over 1,100 domestic students enrolled in career Certificate programs

Horrible Workplace

BIR has unethical, unqualified leadership that only care about making money. The higher up staff all try to get other people in trouble to take the attention away from their inability to perform their own jobs. Salaries are inconsistent and result in big differences in pay, and the benefits are terrible. Hardly anyone enjoys working there and most try to avoid the main location (where most of the higher up staff is). Middle management is generally okay, and some of the coworkers are really good people - but good people get abused, taken advantage of, and used as scapegoats at BIR. The school barely has a passable curriculum for its students and the leadership activity tries to find loopholes in rules and regulations so they can benefit their bottom line.

Pros

Flexible schedule for some people

Cons

Bad management, unethical, and stressful

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Good

It was good experience .my resposibilite was; • Prepared all new enrollment paper work for students and processed payments • Assisted students with immigration matters, USCIS forms • Conducted new student orientation and answered any questions • Provided additional office support and maintained constant communication with students via email, phone , facebook

Toxic work environment

The company is best characterized by a cut-throat work environment. There is no trust and collaboration among the team. No adequate on the job training was ever provided. The management is only interested in making profit and disregards the quality of the services provided to students.

This school shouldn't be in busines.

This school shouldn't be in business. They are scam company and stilling money from students and government. Also the owner yelling at staff and don't have any respect to employees. its the worst place to work.

Great Place Work

I worked as a student worker and I was able enhance what I've learned and gain experience in my field. The management was great and I was still able to maintain my grades while working.

Fun place to work with great students

BIR Training Center has been a positive experience Management is approachable and helpful Co-workers are friendly and helpful

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BIR Training Center?

Fun pertaining with my education

Helping other student with navigating through the student portal. Helping students print, save, copy, send emails and etc.

Friendly and Caring environment. Great place to work.

A typical day of work was I had to organize packets for students to work on. Make photocopies or scan documents and email them to the Instructor. Make sure every student was complying with academical requirements. My co-workers were very helpful and friendly. I was able to work with them when I need it to. The most enjoyable part was when I got to help students understand the material. It made me feel like a helping hand.

Pros

I was able to interact with other students that were learning

Cons

few hours

Nice place to work. very secure enviroment.

I tutor a 1 hour class at Bir. I tutor a basic math class. The students are usually very fun to work with and the instructors i work under are usually very helpful. I learn more and more about myself every day i tutor a class. I've even come up with new ways of teaching certain material to make it easier for some students to learn.I would have to say i love my job. The only thing is im not a full time worker. I'm just a student worker for now.

Pros

well i like the learning experience.

Cons

i only do 2 hours a week.

Great place to teach!

I teach for this educational institution for many years. Great locations. Great students.

Tutoring

I tutor at BIR Training Center which I attend as well. It's fantastic to help others learn what you have already learned. I really like helping my peers and classmates. The hardest part is keeping them motivated when they can't pick things up quick enough but someway somehow I continue to push them and tell them how I did it and they continue to try.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIR Training Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

BIR Training Center Reviews by Location