Birch Tree Communities Inc.

Birch Tree Communities Inc. Employee Reviews

United States82 reviews
Sometimes mentally stressful but, very rewarding helping people.
Birch Tree taught me a lot about different mental illnesses and ways to approach and help people cope with different symptoms. I enjoyed assisted the residents in everyday living when they were having a bad day.
first time out
Birch tree was a fun loving environment to learn and embody all that is needed to do well with working with young men and women who suffer from debilitating mental illnesses.
Work is rewarding
Working with the members is extremely rewarding, if emotionally taxing. However, the training and information is skimpy. Supervisors and managers can be very cliquey. Difficult to advance at this location. Other locations may be different.

Also, Medicare laws make it difficult to provide clients with the care they need when they need it.
A good company that advances within. Also it is stable employment
This company works with the mental health community and what I like about the company they really care for their members and employees I would work there again
Worst place I’ve ever worked! They teach you to commit Medicaid fraud
They are defrauding the government, false billing, the first 3 yrs were better management last 2 years management changed, Awful leadership.They don’t care about the members they’re just concerned about employees making their target with false billing practices. A lot of racist people that could careless about the people that they’re getting paid off. I was happy to resigned as they attempted to terminate me.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
good times
I loved working for this company. This was my first real opportunity to experience and work with people that suffered from mental illness. My time here was very enjoyable. It was part time though.
The most inclusive and wonderful environment.
A truly supportive and beautifully run establishment. The dedication and familial values and atmosphere are amazing. By far the best job I've ever had in my life. Probably my lifetime. I learned so much... not only in my position, but I learned about myself and thr importance of maintaining my own mental health and the tools to do so. The sense that I was truly helping others was the icing on the cake.
It started off great
Birch isn’t a bad place. Birch has many flaws that they must indeed work out staff is extremely underpaid. Communication is poor. Members are not held responsible for actions.
Birch tree is a very open minded relaxed environment
As a Therapist ive enjoyed Birch tree and gained some great experience! Birch tree has a good laid back environment which I feel has help me grow a lot!

for LCSW
Residential Assistant
This place is not a good place to work unless you are a slacker. They will promote a slacker and run off good workers. They want you to lie on documentation but will fire you for it, depending on who you are. The good thing is working with the member and assisting them with their needs. The bad thing is management sucks.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Birch Tree Communities Inc.?
Work
Don t work here unless you want to be stressed out and under paid and over worked. No one cares! Just thrown in the job!! Don't work at brochures it will kill us one way or another!!!
Good organization serving persons with serious mental illness
This is fast paced, somewhat stressful, but very rewarding job. We serve persons with severe mental illness. We help our members with every aspect of their daily life. Teaching skills to manage symptoms and improve their ability to live as independently as possible. If you love helping others and coaching others to be the best person they can be then this job is for you. Sometimes it isn't a glamorous job because you will clean bathrooms and cook meals but it is rewarding to be able to help improve the life of someone who might not have family or would otherwise be homeless if they weren't with Birch.
Great mental health treatment center!
Birch Tree Communities is a wonderful place to work! If mental health is your passion, this is the place to work. The teamwork is pretty great and so is the management. Communication is key and it is definitely present here. The members are what I truly enjoy about my job, they are each unique and have enjoyed getting to know and care for them.
Pros
Hours, benefits, teamwork
I'm excited about the future!
Birch Tree Communities was my first job in the mental health field and it's changed my life. It's something that I never imagined doing and now I can't imagine doing anything else. Birch Tree serves over 400 adults living with serious mental illness in 11 communities around the state of Arkansas and has been doing so for 30 years. In a time when other facilities in our state are forced to close their doors due to funding cuts at the state level, Birch Tree has remained financially viable thanks to a great reputation, wonderful staff, and strong leadership.
I don’t have anything to say about working for Birchtree Communities. I currently work here right now, but I’m looking for another job due to poor management.
I loved working at Birch Tree Communities
I loved the people I worked with and the members. We had a great bond and the management was easy to work for. I miss them all a great deal. I wish I didn't have to relocate.
Could be better
Micromanaged, favorites, and you feel like after a while your not helping the members. I absolutely loved this job because of the members and the relationships you have with them. Could show more trust in employees that they know what they are doing. Show more appreciation especially to those who work hard. Not physically demanding but very mentally exhausting. Never have enough staff which means the staff has to work even harder.
Extremely rewarding
It's one of the most rewarding jobs around. To work with those struggling with mental illness, and see them on the road to recovery is simply amazing. Being a part of someone's struggle to complete the simplest tasks, such as walking, and talking; then after years of working with them, watching them move into their own place, or purchase a car, or enroll in college is nothing short of life altering. If you want more than a job, if you want to know you are making a positive difference in someone's life; this may be the profession for you!
Meaningful Work
I love my job. Birch Tree is a non-profit organization, so pay is not high- however, it is a great place to work. Staff coordinates well, and you develop a great rapport with members and a love of helping them succeed in life.
Pros
Environment, staff, purpose, members
Cons
Lower pay level, can be difficult to advance
Has it’s good and bad points.
Loved my job and the mission, on site management was awesome and available for questions, direction or just general support. Was very flexible and extra hours were always available.
Pros
Free lunches, overtime opportunities, good benefits
Cons
Work consumes life at times.
Wonderful working with members of the therapeutic communities
Wonderful therapeutic community to work within and maintain effective, therapeutic relationships with the members. A therapeutic family. At the particular branch I worked at, the Branch Director is wonderful to work for and with- personable, teaching,
Pros
working with the treatment team/branch staff, free meals
Cons
having no break, working straight, expected to have meals with members conducting sessions. Heavy, heavy documentation, many different types required, often.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Birch Tree Communities Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.