Birch Tree Communities Inc. Employee Reviews

Love the Job
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 11, 2018
Excellent place to work and great people. The director is a great person and so are the members. People won't be disappointed if they choose to work there.
Mental Health industry
Clinical Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARMarch 15, 2018
I was tasked with maintaining the medical records for this facility. It was a busy job and the job itself was not stressful but knowing how mental illness can adversely impair someone could be very disheartening
Pros
relaxed, generous leave poilicy
Cons
low pay and little opportunity to advance
Considerate and Understanding Workplace
Dietary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, ARFebruary 14, 2018
A wonderful environment to grow and succeed! All positions have room for advancement and reasonable work hours. There is many opportunities for benefits.
Productive whenever you are working alongside the members
Recovery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARJanuary 24, 2018
A typical day at work is learning how to deal with each members issues for the day. I have learned the different symptoms as well as interventions of how to treat persons with mental disorders. I feel that it is a diverse group of people that we work with. The hardest part of the job is that there is no stability. The most important aspect is working with the members and their families.
Pros
Free lunches overtime whenever you are offered it.
Cons
short breaks and not enough hours to work on a scheduled shift.
Making It a fun place
Bouncer (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHNovember 18, 2017
I want to work here because I am going to get experiences working with other people.Also can use skills for living. I would learn to help other and communicate with other. A typical day at work is helping the people communicate with your code work and boss.I can management by keeping this in order.I think that workplace culture everyone learns something of each other.The hardest part of the jobs if the person doesn't communicate well the animation doesn't get through.I most enjoyed the part about the job is working with other people.
Pros
haven fun
Cons
cranky boss
Excellent place to build therapeutic relationships with members
PRIMARY THERAPIST AT CRISIS HOUSE (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARNovember 8, 2017
Committed to working with chronically mentally ill adults. As with most 24/7 outpatient programs, sometimes very fast-paced and sometimes slower. Employees committed to the company and it's service mandates.
Pros
Employees supportive of each other; many long-term employees
Cons
Sometimes stressful working with severely mentally ill adults.
A typical day
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, AROctober 10, 2017
In the morning the members would watch the world news after eating breakfast. Then they would attend therapy with their therapist in a group for about 50 minutes. Usually around 11 there would be a Program group . Lunch at home at 12. From one until 330 there would be Program groups for the members to attend. During these program groups the members would learn more about their mental illness and how to deal with it. Learn how to manage their money. Learn about better hygiene.
Pros
You get to help people help better themselves.
Cons
paperwork
The members are the best part
Management (Current Employee) –  Benton, AROctober 7, 2017
Working with the members is the best, seeing and being a part of their recovery is the best part. Knowing that you made a difference in this persons life
Pros
at this moment the lunches are free, however they are talking about charging for these
Cons
stress level is very high
good place work
Mental Health ParaProfessional (Current Employee) –  Benton, AROctober 5, 2017
family based fun place to work i have no complaints about the job nor my co workers Birch tree isnt a bad place at all i would recommend it to anyone who loves to work with other people.
flexible job
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARAugust 23, 2017
Great flexibility, difficult client base, lots of documentation required. Found keeping up with the caseload to be difficult, with little reward or praise.
Can be challenging
Mental Health Paraprofessional/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARAugust 4, 2017
Alot of hands on experience, some staff are eager to help assist, benefits are not to bad, working with mental health adults is challenging but yet adventerous
Stable and organized environment that rehabilitates.
Residential Trainer Train (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARAugust 2, 2017
The staff was supportive of residents and employees. You are given opportunities to advance in the company and let your degrees and knowledgeable background help you excelerate and be a help to the residents on their road to recovery.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
No breaks, and a lot of standing and moving around
I love Odyssey
Primary Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARJuly 25, 2017
I love Odyssey House. They are diverse and able to roll with any punches. They are always focused on how to improve the community in which they live which is amazing.
Great Work Experience
Mental Health Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Newport, ARJuly 12, 2017
I am thankful to have to have been given the opportunity to work for this company. It was a once in a life time experience that offered reasonable pay and flexible hours.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Negative work environment
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 5, 2017
One of the worst companies I've ever worked for. Management has no clue as to what a RN is or job duties are. Every week they want to change the nurses duties.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Very demanding. Lots of redundancy.
THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARJuly 5, 2017
Population is very demanding. Learned to multitask and set firm boundaries upfront. Culture of the workplace is fair if you stick to your position and avoid the gossip. Hardest part of the job is avoiding burnout. The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing / assisting in a breakthrough with your clients.
Pros
Very good benefits and exceptional 401K match
Cons
Demanding
Great place to work. Love serving Birch Members
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Malvern, ARJune 10, 2017
I love working here. Birch has given me a great opportunity to gain compassion for those who are diagnosed with a mental illness. I'm blessed to be working here.
Pros
Free
Indeed is very simple to use and I Am Hoping I get employment very soon
Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 26, 2017
I am a very hard working kindhearted individual. I learn quickly and am very interested in working for you. I was holding out for 11 dollars an hour but 13 would be nice. Try and stay positive. Focus on the good things
Pros
Good money
Very stressful!
Case Manager/MHPP (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ARMay 26, 2017
As an MMHP, you are expected to work beyond your capabilities with very little training. MHPP's are not the same as therapists, but we are expected to take on very similar responsibilities. Management is awful. They are not very sympathetic and provide very little constructive criticism. When it comes down to it, all they care about is how much money they bring in.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
Poor management. Very stressful.
Challenging but rewarding work
Mental Health Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 14, 2017
My experience working at Birch Tree was mostly good although the job can become very overwhelming if self-care is not practiced. If you're able to build a good and strong relationship with the members at Birch Tree, the work can be very rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Birch Tree Communities Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.