Birch Employee Reviews

Modern Commercial Landscaping
Crew Advisor (Former Employee) –  Little Canada, MNJanuary 28, 2019
Birch Inc takes a new look at laborious/hands-on work. It presents its clients as well as employees to look at landscaping in a new way. Birch strives for advanced goals as well as maintaining its personal character for quality work.
Great food but lack of customers.
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 25, 2019
I'd come in to work for 11 hours at minimum wage because I learned quite a bit. I prepped everything on my station and then some. It was a pretty aggressive workplace culture but it was because people cared. But everyone just got along and liked each other.
Pros
Great food.
Cons
Horrible compensation
No and no
Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2018
Run don’t walk away from Birch. Do they even exist anymore? If not out of business they will be soon. Management in shambles and complete disarray.
Not Recommended
Billing and Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSJuly 23, 2018
Extremely stressful, to the point of impacting health and well being. Not rhetorical. Elevated blood pressure daily. Many who work there are on blood pressure medications. Unsupportive management.

If you enjoy a pressure cooker environment dealing with irate customers all day long with unsupportive management and constantly changing rules and policies this is the place for you. Good luck.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
You will need those benefits
Good
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 16, 2018
It was a good place to work. Everyone was great and always up beat. They really wanted to see you improve and work for what you want. It's relaxed and upbeat.
A fun place to work with employees that are very helpful
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Canada, MNApril 9, 2018
A typical day at Birch is that everyone would arrive at the shop by 7am then our manager would go over key points for the day. There were 4 crews with about 3-4 people in each crew. Each crew had a list of jobs that they would have to do for the day. At the end of each day we would head back to the shop and gas up the vehicle and all the mowers for the next day. The most enjoyable part about working there was the people, I worked with a lot of great people that helped me out a lot.
Fun , loud
Night Supervisor (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 27, 2018
My experience for birch was good
I learn how to deal with food and drinks all at once
Was always a rush
Made sure costumers were satisfied with their meals
Always was on time with food and drinks
Pros
No break
Cons
No breaks
Productive challenging work place
Noc Tier II technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAFebruary 25, 2018
As a noc engineer you would monitor customer based networks, trouble shoot issue ie; Voice, data and network outages. Interact with team mates and hire ups. I learned cisco configurations and protocols, tcp/ip, rip, dns dhcp, stmp, ftp/fttp, cloud based networks, monitoring using solar winds. Mgmt was at Birch is good to great. Work place is high paced and challenging. Trouble shooting customer or network issues could be difficult at times. Resolving customer issues in a timely manner and being thanked for it.
Pros
free lunching s, team outing, and the comradery
Cons
Possible long hours
Very fun energetic atmosphere
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 7, 2017
Birch was an amazing restaurant with great food, and cocktails. Everyone i worked there with was hard working and dedicated. Located in the heart of Hollywood i got to meet people from all over the world.
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
No breaks
Middle management=amazing; Corporate leadership=Not so much
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSOctober 9, 2017
Birch has been in and out of financial trouble, and it was always difficult to feel secure in your job when the corporate folks gave site managers the order to initiate lay-offs.
Pros
Great working environment. Co-workers were great.
Cons
Company always on shaky financial ground.
Cbeyond was wonderful
Senior Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2017
I started out at Cbeyond, which was later bought by Birch. The people at Cbeyond are/were the most amazing people to work with. They made the company great. Once Birch took over things started changing culture wise as well as the customer base was effected in a negative way. I am very grateful for the experience and knowledge learned from being at Cbeyond. I wish I could find another company like that to work for.
Pros
Cbeyond
Cons
Birch
unconfortable under mnaged work enviornment
circuit provisioner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2017
Birch acquired Cbeyond Communications shortly after I was hired. Birch was probably the least desirable workplace I've experienced during my career in telecom. The management was unorganized and uneducated. Employees constantly felt under appreciated. I worked there as a permanent employee with no review or raise.
Pros
Cons
no direction or support from mamagement
Lack of Knowledge
SERVICE DELIVERY REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 19, 2016
You can only be advanced if your are favorite so there is limited room to grow. Management are not willing to learn the jobs or tasks that they were put into place to manage and will not create job training materials for new employees. The environment is very negative and childish.
Pros
Overtime availability
Cons
managers lack of knowledge of telecom order processing
As the company grows make sure that we keep the culture
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2016
Great people at all levels of the company - joining BIRCH is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together. A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone
Fun place just needs work on training of the materials
PSR Representative (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 12, 2016
This place is fun with lots of activities throughout the months to keep employees motivated. However,I know they are in the process of fixing this currently, but they need better techniques when it comes to teaching the material to new employers to where it is not only interesting, but understandable.
Great company
speciaist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2015
Birch is a pretty good company. You have to be task driven. You will learn to roll with the punches and create options. Wish it had better advancement and leadership development.
Pros
Breaks, meals, managment, events
Cons
pay, structure, managment
Fun place to work
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 22, 2015
i worked for birch communications for 1 year. I woke up every morning eager to get to work. The people, for the most part, were wonderful.
Pros
the CREW events
Order Processor
Order Processing (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 8, 2015
Birch is a great family oriented company to work for that cares for their employees health and well being. I enjoy working there and look forward to a long and fulfilling career with Birch.
Pros
Flexablity
Cons
pay