Birchbox Employee Reviews

4.6
Ratings breakdown
Great Place
Merchandising Intern - Hair & Fragrance Division (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2018
I was a merchandising intern in hair/fragrance. My responsibilities included making sales reports, sitting in on calls/meeting, asset tracker doc, checking inventory, helping out on analytical presentations, etc.
Pros
friendly people, collaborative, learn a lot
Enjoyable Team
Part-Time Customer Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
Great people and great culture. The work can be a bit mundane at times, but luckily the team makes the time go by. The perks are great and it is very inspiring to work in a female dominated company.
Fun and Productive Company
Freelance Packaging Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
Working at Birchbox was great because I had the support from my colleagues to explore very creative ideas for some of their in-house packaging design products. Everyone was kind and nice to work with, which made me look forward to going to work there everyday! They also had coffee flowing all day, with snacks as well, making my morning routine even easier. Also a perk – free samples of products in the bathroom! I highly recommend working there.
Pros
Free breakfast and coffee, friendly staff, continual team pow-wows
Cons
Not What You Think
Discovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2016
When I first got hired, they made Birchbox SoHo (before it even opened) out to be an AMAZING environment with a great teamwork ethic and a place for advancement....HAHA!

Management was very bad, and the only good ones they had they fired due to them not having the "looks" Birchbox wanted (aka discriminated against their body types, etc). Management also chose favorites and conducted things as if it was a middle school cafeteria lunch table... only certain people got praise and perks, whereas others who worked even harder got treated horrible.

This place needs to get their act together. Stop making employees who are NOT PAID COMMISSION get in trouble for not having met ridiculous and unreasonable sales goals. There is no need to make them compete against each other if it is not commission-based
Pros
Free makeup samples
Cons
Terrible management, chooses favorites, no job security, not good corporate team
Productive and Fun Internship!
Video Content Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2014
A typical day while interning at Birchbox included working with the content team to help brainstorm ideas for future online magazine articles as well as future video concepts. I also attended various team meetings and created props for upcoming monthly video shoots. On shoot days, I would attend and assist on set with any tasks. I absolutely adored every single co-worker and they were all a pleasure to work with. Everyone is friendly and outgoing. The hardest part of the job was mastering the Birchbox voice through my writing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the office in itself, which is an upbeat environment filled with treats and surprises everyday. I really enjoyed being there everyday.
Pros
Free lunches, fun work environment, amazing co-workers, ownership of intern projects.
Fun and inviting
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2014
A lot of different events and things for employees to look forward to
I learned a lot of different ways to do things
Co workers are hard working and very knowledgable