Bird Rides Inc. Employee Reviews

Good an fun job
Recovery Agent (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 12, 2019
I like working for bird great pay an the hours are good for anyone that want to work when they want.The staff is also great. Quick and helpful response when you need them.
Bird flew away
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TxMarch 6, 2019
Bird scooter company fired all mechanics in 1 day and sent out a fake notice saying we had 1-2 weeks of work left. In reality there was no more work for anyone. The notice was just to keep the company from looking bad on paper.

The way things were managed was way out of control and I will be surprised if Bird does not go out of businesss.
Pros
On your own time
Cons
Too competitive, no managment, no training, no advancement.
Poor management, terrible communication, and will just hire new employees,no experience, with the same role, at a higher pay!
Birdwatcher (Ambassador) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 2, 2019
Expect far greater, than what they are willing to invest in there loyal full-time employees that have proven their hard work and rightly bring up increasing compensation. Then just hires people under you and gets rid of you.
Pros
Cons
No training, communication is a joke.
Great on the spot job - poor managment and company.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2019
It is very competitive and fun. I spend about an hour to two hours collecting the scooters, bringing them home, and charging them. Nesting or servicing is a different story. I must get them out from the hours of 2am and 4am everyday ON FOOT and they do not cater to this aspect of the job at all. The app is EXTREMELY poor and malfunctions pretty much daily. So the nests that do open to serve them rarely come up -and contacting customer support is worse than extremely poor, almost at a complete nil. Takes 24 hours or more for some of the most simple to the most important issues that need to be solved. And by then they can flag you from THE COMPANY'S LACK OF PROMPT RESPONSE AND CARE FOR THEIR WORKERS/CHARGERS.

I have learned the streets of the new city I moved to since I started working for them. And how to utilize my skills on foot to beat the other chargers to the scooters that have cars and vans. It has taught me to be more self aware of my surroundings in dangerous areas and has kept me fit by walking and lifting the Birds everyday.

This is THE worst management I have ever worked for. Most of the help that I request for is helped by automated messages that have no answers to the issues at hand. The actual humans that do respond are just as short and not specific to the help needed and can take over 24 hours or longer to respond or get any help what so ever. If I were to rate them from a scale of 1 -10 it would be a -10 (negative 10) They seem to have no care for us chargers that work really hard to keep the product they produce up to date and street worthy. Absolutely
  more... no incentive's, when they do, they are so low they do not help much or encourage at all. They also do not take care of current issues like scooter hoarders, or recovering their own product for repair and retrieval from those that hoard (steal) The developers of the app have not done anything to fix the issues it has had since launch nor do they listen to their workers to make any improvements. Payment starts extremely low and they do not hear our out cry for how much time and effort we put into this to make the company who they are today.

The charger community for the most part are strong kind people. Even though some are money hungry hoarders and very violent, most of us look out for each other and help each other out with info and security way more than this company ever has - or ever will very possibly.

The hardest part of the job is the extreme low pay, lack of attention from the company for support. Lack of care for the people on foot or recovering the scooters and taking action towards the hoarders AT ALL! The amount they hold and steal should be taken into hard consideration and prosecuted/fined to the fullest extent to detour any one else for taking advantage of this and messing it up for those of us that put our heart soul and effort into this. Birds are almost impossible to find because of the hoarding. The app lacks the ability to upload screenshots of the map to give them the location of these thieves and to recover and prosecute people hoarding dozens and even hundreds of scooters. Lime starts at $4.50 - Bird starts at $3 and almost never goes up. They are so inattentive that they take months to hire independent mechanics to fix any of them - so most of the time they are broken or in pieces. There should also be an option for the payment. Payout happens every day - but most of us would like to get paid once a week as an option. Some of us - like me, do this 7 days a week to survive - rent, food, bills etc.

The best part of this job is that I get to work for myself and finding the scooters. Working on my own time and meeting the community and business's around me. I get my work out every day since I do this on foot and it keep me in shape. Payout every day to my PayPal is nice as well at times if I need the extra cash the same day! And the minimal time it takes to get the amount I need to collect, charge and serve is excellent. Allows me to work other jobs easily and gives me extra time to do what I want and spend time with family and friends.
Pros
Minimal hours for good pay, same day pay, getting physically fit, working on my own time and myself
Cons
EXTREMELY poor app and admins/moderators, absolutely no incentives or bonus;s, hoarders everywhere, takes up to 2 days or more for customer service for anything, low rate for each scooter captured, most are broken or in pieces
Productive fun place to work.
Bird Watcher (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 7, 2019
I have been working at this company through a staffing company, for a little over six months. I believe this company has been incredibly fair. Very good pay, and management is supportive and very understanding. It is a business and sometimes cities make their regulations outrageous. And in that situation bird may have to pull out of the the particular area and let go individuals that worked in that area.
Pros
No micromanagement, very supportive to workers that do good work.
Cons
City regulations sometimes make it hard to do your job.
No orginization
BirdWatcher (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 25, 2019
management runs around listening to workers complain n then fires you without warning/notice leaving you out of luck. Super high turnover rate. Horrib
Pros
Cons
management get involved with petty politics, no birdwatcher appreciation, contract workers like to falsly report
workplace
Production Lead - Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAJanuary 20, 2019
working for a new company can always be fun but not for bird since its so new they dont know what they are doing. They hire people blindly, they hire supervisors that have no knowledge of whats going on. employees are under paid for the amount of things we know what to do. this place sucks
Pros
free coffee
Cons
horrible friday free lunches, horrible pay
Miserable Experience
Power Charger (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 19, 2019
Management puts on a friendly face, then pits all contractors against each other and sets up a rule book it expects you to ignore, and punishes those who get caught. Pays okay, but drains you and tosses you to the side.
Pros
You work on your own time
Cons
Use your own car, terrible people
fun place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAJanuary 17, 2019
it was a great environment to work in , they are very flexible and nice to their workers. they teach you the skill you need , have patience , and prepare you 100% for any task in production
Pros
they had alot of hours at the beggining
Cons
when work is slow they let people go easily
Disappeared
Bird watcher (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 14, 2019
I was recently doing the exact job posted here. Without letting anyone know they pulled up all the scooters around town and fired us all. What a professional way to handle it.
Fast paced, competitive, fun
Charger (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 22, 2018
Very fun job but the app is very glitchy and Bird support is very distant and not as helpful. Hours are terrible but are compensated with the extremely high rate of pay
Pros
Very high pay
Cons
Very competitive
Help riders have fully charge battery
Bird Charger (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2018
They great place to work if you not looking to get rich.. No stress or you will not work out for you customer service needs work so don't get frustrated
Pros
Ride bird for free
Cons
Hoarders
Bird
Lead Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2018
Working at bird was a lot of fun, i had a great team and amazing opportunities, I was able to learn so much and accomplish so much so fast. I look forward to hopefully working with the team i worked with there again.
Fun job
Lead Safety Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2018
It was cool to be apart of the initial setup for Memphis. I feel that it will be a success here as long as people comply with the rules. I only saw a few violations while i was there of underage riding.
Pros
Outside
Cons
Outside
Amazing experience
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Lots of work to perform at multiple levels. Company is brand new, so there's a good deal of growth to facilitate. This requires a delicate approach to work along with coordination amongst team members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bird Rides Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.