Birdville ISD Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Office sub
Substitute Secretary (Current Employee) –  Birdville school districtJune 14, 2018
Not a bad job, it just pays very poorly. You can take only the jobs you want. Some days there's nothing available. Often jobs are for watching special ed students, so call schools if you are unsure.
Pros
Flexible hours, take only the jobs you want
Cons
low pay
supervisor sucks
Head Custodian (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJune 12, 2018
I started as a custodian working my way up as a head custodian to much responsibility and less pay, supervisors dont know how to treat employees, i as a head custodian worked hard and pay is not fair at all
Low Morale, No Support
Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMay 22, 2018
No consistency between school principals.
If you go to the principal with a thought/idea that they don't like and you question them, they will tell you "If you don't like it, go somewhere else"
They do not value input from their teachers as they claim to.
Some teachers are treated better/get preference over others even though they have seniority.
It's high school cliques all over again.
Admin does not back teachers.
Pros
Hard working Fellow teachers
Cons
Low Morale, No consistency, Lied to constantly, Won't know what you are teaching until week before school starts but still changes, No consistency in discipline, No one stands behind the policies or enforces them (dress code, tardies, cheating, etc).
Under staffed and and a very reactive environment
IT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXMay 15, 2018
Co workers were great and we all shared te same sentiment. Would I return, not under te present management. Everyone I worked with ave either retired or left for other job opportunities.
Good district to work for
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXApril 24, 2018
I love working for the school district most campuses have a very family like atmosphere. They offer many benefits but they are very expensive. You do get paid time off and the ability to earn comp time as well.
Good atmosphere
Special Education Aide (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 22, 2018
BISD is a good place to work, if you have the patience to deal with continuous changes. Progress of employees is selective and not equally or fairly chosen. The atmosphere and people you work with is what you personally make it.
Birdville ISD
Administrative Assistant-Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXApril 19, 2018
I enjoy working for Birdville ISD but there is not much room for advancement if you are not a certified teacher and the benefits are terrible. I have created lasting professional references and great friendships here.
Pros
Lots of days off, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Poor salary ranges, terrible benefits
No comment
Assistant Director of Facilities Management (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TexasApril 15, 2018
No comment, so what does that tell you. True managers trust their people, train them, encourage them, empower them , praise them , and help them become successful.
Large school district
Teacherof English (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXFebruary 26, 2018
I taught English/ESL for high school. The district services a large number of students and at the time the administration was not supportive of teachers with first-year experience.
Pros
I enjoyed teaching students.
Cons
Administration was lacking.
Good Company to work for during the school year especially if you have Children
Child Nutrition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Fast paced, learned to interact with a diverse group. Learned teamwork, organizational skills, management skills, time management, multitasking
The hardest part of the job was multitasking
The most enjoyable part of the job was the comradery
Pros
Schedule, time off, year round pay
Cons
Short breaks, too much in short time
Computer Tech (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXNovember 29, 2017
This was a temporary position. I gave me a chance to demonstrate my skills. I like working with teachers and children. The IT staff was very helpful and made doing the jobs fun.
Pros
Cons
Not long enough.
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXOctober 30, 2017
Love the school atmosphere, great supervisor, the ISD no longer hires LVN have been all replaced with RN's, triaged all students and gave medications and treated each child as needed.
Pros
Love the Supervisor and the job
Cons
No longer hire LVN's
It is a great place to work!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXOctober 13, 2017
Administration and school staff are generous and friendly. The culture is young with some seasoned, mature individuals. For some individuals the classroom management could be difficult. I enjoy the students and co-workers. I enjoy going to work for Birdville ISD.
Excellent to work for!
educational aide (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXSeptember 12, 2017
BISD is amazing. All employees were so kind hearted and loving. Very understanding that their if life outside of work. Job atmosphere was extremely laid back but also hard working.
Overall good place to work
Child Nutrition Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 18, 2017
I feel birdville is a good place to work. Plenty of advancement opportunities. Only downfall is pay is not very competitive and the health benefits cost alot.
Great starter job
After School Program Teacher (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 12, 2017
this job is great for someone looking to get started in the education field. Great learning experience and decent pay. A networking possibility good way to get your feet in the door.
Awesome place to work
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJune 24, 2017
Birdville ISD is a great place to work. I loved teaching my students each day. The district is very supportive and they help in any way possible for your classroom.
Great Workplace
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 21, 2017
Learned many invaluable lessons that I will take with me for the rest of my life. The experiences and skills learned here have been extremely valuable and useful throughout my careers.
18 year employee
Teacher/Licensed Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJune 5, 2017
I am a retired teacher. Birdville ISD was truly a family oriented district. I had the honor of working for 18 years in this district. Loved the Students as well as the other teachers.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Loved working around the animals.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJune 4, 2017
If rules were put into place and were followed through the facility would be awesome to work at. I just do not think it is fair for animals to have to set in there own fecise because there owners do not want to clean up after them. I was raised if you had a animal you took care of because that animal depended on you to take care of it at all times not when it was convenient.