Bishop & Company Employee Reviews

Great group of people
Executive Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 23, 2018
If you are interested in an ethical, smaller search firm (10 employees) with big city presence, that would be Bishop & Co, Great reputation, CEO is a compassionate leader who is very well received in the community.
Pros
Company lunches, tickets and invites to community events
Cons
Very competitive industry with small pool of talent to choose from
They found a a good assignment quickly.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 8, 2018
It was a good experience to work with Bishop & Company. I appreciate the opportunity they gave me. I recommend working for this company. They will assess your experience and skills and match you with a great company.
Pros
Quick assignment
Cons
Great for temporary jobs or temp to hire jobs
Receptionist/filing clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 16, 2018
Bishop and Company was a temporary agency and they still offered benefits of a full-time job. The wages offered were competitive. The managers were quick with placements and were great at finding employment in the field you were searching for.
Mortgage Payoff Specialist
REAL ESTATE LOAN PAYOFF SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 14, 2018
Employees were very nice and welcoming, however, I noticed that the employees were very intimidated by my knowledge of the mortgage industry, therefore, they lacked on training me the way they wanted things to done.
Bishop and Company was a great temp agency
Clerical positions, and Receptionist positions (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 13, 2018
Bishop and Company is the company that helped me find permanent placement. They are professional, reliable, and this is the second time they have helped me in finding placement, and they find the best jobs. However, because of increasing bills, I do have to find something that pays a bit more at this time.
Pros
Professionalism and Reliability with job placement
Cons
Work can be unsteady since it is a temp agency
first temp company i work for
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 9, 2018
I apply for this company within two day I already had the job really friendly enviroment no judgements they really got me a great job based on my critaria they were working for me and my career
Good staffing agency
CALL CENTER CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJanuary 6, 2018
Good staffing agency willing to relocate its staff if needed for any reason. Nice perk of the agency is paid holidays after reaching specific total hours worked.
Pros
Relocation if needed
More contract cast analysis
ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 27, 2017
 Analyzed contract expenditure, audited budget estimates, vouchers, and reconciled ledger accounts. Prepared and analyzed reports for the management, accounting and future forecasts.
Pros
Experience working with the military
Cons
Contract position
Not very communicative
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIOctober 2, 2017
Mainly cons. It takes them a while to get back to you. They send you emails, and your left hanging. Their follow through really is very slow in response. In most cases, temp agencies call you back as a follow up. With the new staff that they have, they seem to lack guidance as far as protocols.
Pros
Timely week pay
Cons
Mentioned abouve

Comment – October 25, 2017

We apologize and try to always be responsive. Please feel free to give me a call at our main number next week, if you would like to discuss, we’d like to address your concerns.
Aloha, Judy Bishop (808-839-2200)

Excellent Company
Short Term Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 18, 2017
The manager to the staff are all professional, kind, easy to work with and they want you to succeed and move forward in life. I love Bishop and Company
Pros
Quick responses
Cons
Not alot of clients
its alright
Sales Gallery Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 30, 2017
just another temp agency located in honolulu. servicebwas nice and they were friendly. Did not find amazing job opportunities however. Typical temp agency
Bishop & Co.
Contractor - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 2, 2017
Bishop & Co. was a very good temp workplace to be employed by. They were all friendly, professional and always there to talk to. They were always ready to assist and to offer good job placements for me.
Bishop & Co. always followed up with me about the job I was employed with to make sure that everything was going smoothly. If there was any concern they would take care of it with the employer.
I recommend Bishop & Co. for anyone seeking employment.
Convient company to work for
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 9, 2015
The company managed to find me a job and get me employed within a week. They talked about the job duties, the pay and how long the assignment was going to last. When I started working at the job site there was a lot to learn, mostly repetitive work. To get work done or to communicate with coworkers was always done through the computer. The company was very precise on meeting deadlines but at the same time the work had to be handled accurately and carefully. The work environment was professional and outgoing. I could always ask questions when I needed help. The hardest part of the job is managing the time to meet the deadlines. You have to prioritize what needs to be done and when. The most enjoyable part of the job is how helpful my coworkers are. They make me feel comfortable, they always gave tips on how to finish work on time and were very considerate about correcting me.
Pros
Fridge, water dispenser, coffee maker, vending machines, lunch room, acknowledge hard work, provided training, breaks, restrooms available.
Cons
Demanding work environment, constant training, stack of work to complete in such a small deadline
I have used them several times and will continue to when attempting to find a new job.
NAVIGATOR SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 2, 2015
I have not worked at this company before, I work for them on assignments with other employers. They have always helped me with expanding my career experience.
Is happy to be working for them
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 17, 2014
When there is a job, I would have hours to manage. Working during day shifts and week days. There are all types of people that are fun to work with. There aren't any hard part of working the most time is enjoyable.
Great Job
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 17, 2014
Great supervisors, awesome flexibility, and good learning experience
Temp service job
Check Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 9, 2014
Bishop & Company got me a job a Bank of Hawaii but they laid me off because not enough work. I got along with the co-workers at Bank of Hawaii. Working at Bank of Hawaii the job was not that hard. The enjoyable part of the job is that I learn something new.
Pros
The office was close by to Costco.
Cons
Work short hours
Productive work place
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 3, 2014
Busy place but I get along with my co worker plus our supervisor and other staff is very helpful.
Pros
Extra 20 min break with pay
Cons
only temporary employee
Great Staffing Agency
Customer Service Technician (NMCI) (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 6, 2014
The management at Bishop shows a lot of care for their workers and are excellent at finding opportunities for talented workers. They are also one of they best paying staffing agencies on the island

One of the few companies that does not seem to only care about the bottom line; I was once allowed to keep a few months of pay that was paid to me by mistake, due to a contract change with the primary contractor.

It was always very pleasant talk to the management and they were always very helpful and quick to resolve issues. I'm very thankful having worked with them and have progressed far partly because of them.
Pros
Friendly staff, nice rewards and incentives, good pay
Cons
Exciting place to interact with people while you are working.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 10, 2013
We worked from sunny or rainy days. We counted cars and pedestrians and at times we are asked what we are counting for and so we explain. I learned that getting the right accuracy of each car that passes your intersection and each pedestrians using the cross walk leagally is a bigger help for the company. Management was awesome always there to help us with anything we needed and always made sure we were ok. Working with my co-workers were a very big help because getting to know eachother made things easiar. The hardest part was talking to pedestrians and cars and doing your work at the same time trying to make sure you don't get a bad result but working hard at what you are doing , you get things done alot faster and get use to what comes your way. I enjoyed working and conting cars, I also enjoyed being able to interact with different people.
Pros
being able to use what you want but convenient, interacting with different people.
Cons
distance of the counts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bishop & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4