Bitcasa

Bitcasa Employee Reviews

United States9 reviews
One of the best thing working for Bitcasa was the customers. We kept hearing about how they considered the product important to them. They helped us with trouble-shooting difficult problems, above and beyond what you would expect from normal customer service. They supported us in comments and reviews on all the sites. They were beyond loyal, some of them really went to bat for us, and that was hugely encouraging.
Pros
Great customers, fun product
Cons
A bit chaotic
The culture was great, the people were great, we tried to pivot too many times on what our main purpose was so we lost focus. I liked the food a looot
Lots of challenging stuff to work on (mobile, desktop apps, backend infrastructure, web frontend, analytics...).
Given the small size of the company, employees can make a large impact really quick.

Fun casual social activities: coffee walks, running team, ping pong, Friday breakfast cooking...
Pros
Really nice and smart people to work with. Nice benefits package and perks.
Cons
My commute was bad, but that is relative to where you live.
Bitcasa started 2014 without a VP of Engineering and the company never quite recovered. Without strong technical leadership and a clear understanding of the technical challenges that needed to be resolved, developers were just left to work things out on their own, on their own timeline. Deadlines were not met, and there were deep conflicts about how major technical design issues should be handled.
When hiring mistakes were made, they were allowed to drag the entire team down for over a year in all cases, when they should have been resolved in weeks.
QA team is very friendly and hardworking. Since it is a startup everyone knows everyone. Co workers are super friendly. office provide eat club lunch and free gym. Management has some politics but not in all the departments. Good place to work in.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no privacy, everyone sit in the same big hall, no cubical interiors which is very typical for a startup
Game-changing product and technology, tremendous opportunity to grow, transparency from the top-down, awesome culture, super talented people, free food/snacks, seconds from the Caltrain station, centrally-located (downtown Mountain View), encouraged to speak out, ownership, and most importantly--fun!

We're growing our customer-base at a pace that is difficult to keep up at times--but that's a good problem to have. And things are improving day-by-day as we staff up and continue to refine and evolve our strategy. It can be a little hectic a times, but what startup isn't? Everyday is exciting and I look forward to coming to work each day.
You work hard here but you also play hard. Its a great team to work with and it feels like a family.
Pros
Great benefits, free lunch, free coffe (good coffe!), foosball table, MAME arcade
Cons
Lots of work to do (its a startup, what do you expect?)
This place is the epitome of work hard play hard. The company definitely takes care of their employees, from free medical to catered lunches daily. Monthly company outings to build team morale is awesome.

Management looks out for you and will set up plans for your growth, the growth and potential at BItcasa is Infinite!
Pros
Benefits, Location, Free Lunches, Free snack and drinks!
We're changing the way people think about storing their data. We're an early stage start-up that works hard on solving new problems everyday. New technologies = New challenges. We pay for lunch every day and dinner when needed and we have endless snacks and beverages, and do monthly team outings.
Pros
lot's of food including free lunches, fully stocked double door drink fridge, monthly team outings, fun work environment including foosball, chess, and a 60 game arcade mame.
Cons
work can be stressful at times, but what start-up isn't.