Bite Squad Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Don't do this to yourself, it's not worth it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 13, 2018
They advertise themselves as a successful company but really it's nothing like that. It's a trap for desperate people that are looking for jobs. Don't allow yourself to be used!
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Manipulative
If you love work for free,come to this company
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 5, 2018
They paying 10$/hour(that includes tips) + you using your car+you paying for gas+tax=Congratulations!!!You are slave!!!!you working for free!!!!They really think you can survive for that money!))Something wrong with them.No future for this company!
Pros
Nothing extra, they just want to charge you for bags, t-shirt e.t.c.
Cons
nothing good
Not worth it, lots of lies
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 3, 2018
I put in over 1000 miles on my car in two weeks. They lie about your base wage, and also about how far your deliveries are. I was told driving over ten miles was rare, a week later I’m driving an average of 15-20 miles per delivery. People are horrible tippers, the bite squad app makes sure of that. I was told I’d make 8.25 per hour, my first paycheck showed 5.23. Massive difference, also I’m pretty sure delivery drivers have a different minimum tipped wage. I’ve driven 25 minutes to restaurants and then ended up waiting 20 minutes, just to drive ANOTHER 20 minutes to the customers house. Dispatch is clueless and chaotic, and if you have a problem with a delivery they take AGES to respond. Hours are cut on busy, profitable nights, but constant extra hours when it’s slow. I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on gas in just several weeks, and they only make it worse if you call them out. Do not work for bite squad, it’s a waste of time and money. I’m actually losing money working for this company
Pros
Do whatever you want, no one cares
Cons
Spend more than you earn
Works with your schedule, an easy, own paced job. Driving experience is necessary
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 23, 2018
Not too hard of a job, pay could be better and hours could be more extensive but overall I think it’s a good start. I would definitely recommend for a friend or a simple college student looking for some cash
Good if you’re downtown.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2018
I took this job as a way to make some extra money. I had to pay for my uniform and hotbags. I was often dispatched 30-45 minutes away for my first delivery. Cut early every day.
Pros
It’s slow?
Cons
Required uniform and low pay
Ehh... not as advertised
Driver (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 18, 2018
This was advertised as a solid side gig that allows drivers to work a flexible schedule around their main job, and it does mostly. You have to commit to 3 shifts a week and one has to be on a weekend shift. I get that too; that helps ensure coverage. And i understand that when business is high and the end of your scheduled shift comes and goes the need to keep drivers on. But theu should have a say in it and or should be paid accordingly. I work this schedule around my main gig and there are ti es when it has made me late to it, even though i've scheduled over an hour between jobs.
N/a
Coporate Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 14, 2018
Very quiet but face pace environment. I caught on very easily after training. I would definitely recommend them to anyone seeking employment. They treat you more like family !
Bite sqaud sorry to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 14, 2018
I work for bite squad for about 4 months when I actually left are they never give me my money back for my bags. Sorry excuse of a company and bad management
Pros
Fun
Cons
Wear and tear on car and bad management
Rapidly shrinking workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 10, 2018
The bite squad call center is one where you are expected to handle multiple customer problems simultaneously, having live chats and phone calls going at the same time. At least, until they send your job overseas.
Best for college kids.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 24, 2018
It's part time, great for college kids or retired people. I wouldn't recommend it for a full time job, or a permanent job. It's only meant for college kids or for extra income.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Miles on car and maintenance
Fast Paced
Senior Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 2, 2018
Nothing bad to report. Growing company with lots of new changes. Very exciting day to day operations. Would suggest someone right out of college apply for a position with BS.
Cons
Continue to close markets leaving people without work.
Flexible but very poor pay.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2018
Bite Squad is probably the most flexible job ever in terms of being able to call off or change the hours you want to work. However it is not a good job for delivery if you want to make money. They have this "guaranteed 10$ an hour" thing they spout off as iff its a great deal, but I learned that it actually should be seen as a negative ceiling rather than a positive base. They will pull from you other nights where you made more an hour to balance out any poor night s you had. In other words your tips can be taken from to cover their 10$ hour policy. I is hard to make money because you have long drive time, typically long waits, and your tips are pre set in in the hands of a dispatcher. If you want a job delivering - go the pizza route. I have done it and it was much more lucrative. The absolute only up side to bite squad is you have complete flexibility to show up or not and set your own schedule, but the pay is not very good considering other delivery jobs.
Pros
Basically free reign over your scedule
Cons
Low pay, had them take back tips from me, poor pay overall.
Bad dispatchers a lot of miles, rude
Driver (Current Employee) –  ColumbusMarch 8, 2018
Dispatchers are so rude to the drivers. I have been yelled at by a dispatch supervisor for asking a question!!! They will send you all the way to the other side of town. You never get off work on time. They just keep sending you deliveries. I started telling them my shift was over because they wouldn't even have the common courteous to ask if I could take another run. Even if it was 20 minutes after my shift was suppose to end when I finished the last delivery. Dispatch department needs retrained and taught some manners. Bite Squad doesn't seem to worried about their dispatch office. Even though it has cost them a few employees.
Decent Job with Good Pay
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 6, 2018
Bite Squad offers competitive pay alongside very flexible hours. Guaranteeing higher rates of pay during rush times allows drivers to feel confident that working then will give them fair pay.
unsatisfied
Food Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2018
i got this job to help pay for my car. it cost more gas money to work here than i got paid lol. my house flooded in hurricane irma and "Scottie" refused to give me time off.
Pros
Cons
waist of time
I am sick of it
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 24, 2018
I am so sick and tired of working HOURS past my scheduled off time. This isbliterally the only thing that's made me give several one star reviews for bite squad.
Pros
Music
Cons
Slave driven
Not that bad.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2018
Working at bitesquad wasn’t bad only problem was wasting gas and raising my miles on my car. Also it was annoying how sometimes you end up getting off a hour or two later then your scheduled time.
Pros
Try out new food places.
Cons
Waste of gas.
Flexible hours with easygoing management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 13, 2018
Management always tried to be very communicative with texts/emails/calls so there were no problems. Pay was very high and at a set wage so paychecks were always stable.
Sandra the manager is the problem
Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2018
$123 deducted from first check ! $60 for uniform and bag which is unnecessary $63 for mvr record ! They say its no cost to join but it really is !
Got scheduled when i wasnt available!
You have to accept every order !
They are shady when it comes to tips customers will say they tipped you a certain amount but wont show up !
Its great being an actual w-2 employee but then again you have a little less freedom than being a contractor!
Averaging 11-13 an hour in austin is rough !
First paycheck with all deductions I averaged 8 an hour !
Dont let the $15 an hour on weekend nights fool you yeah its great but after that you wont get much
Dispatch can be rude on not giving your requests
Your manager will not respect your availability !!!!!!!!!
Pros
Actual employees
Cons
Review speaks for itself
Horrible place & horrible management
HQ (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 6, 2018
there are rats everywhere, literally & figuratively.

don't be fooled. this is not a "fun, start up culture"

underpaid and overworked. no reward for working hard. they'll just criticize you.

especially difficult to succeed if you happen to be a woman.
Pros
casual dress
Cons
bad management & unethical policies