Bite Squad Employee Reviews

Atypical tipped employee job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IADecember 15, 2018
I see a lot of people complaining about how the tips go toward salary and etc., but this job is better than any other tipped employee job that I know of!? The federal government requires employers to pay their tipped employees as little as $2.13/hr as long they top it off to minimum wage ($7.25/hr) at the end of the week. Bite Squad not only doubles this minimum ($4.35/hr), it also guarantees higher hourly rates at peak times, the end result is that less of the tips earned go towards topping off...you won't see this in many places...and your cash tips are between you and the customer. I have found that if you work hard, you'll make more! In addition, I have found the support from management and dispatch to be outstanding and the app to be very functional and helpful (most of the time). My previous job was in telemarketing but, after trying out driving for Bite Squad part time for a month, I quit that and went full time with the Squad...less stress and much more potential earnings (base salary is about the same). My only regrets are limited benefits and no PTO, but I got a feeling that will change someday? Overall, I love what I do with Bite Squad and I'm excited about its future!
Pros
Control your own schedule, better than average pay for similar positions, great support
Cons
Lack of benefits, no PTO
A great place to work and patronize!
Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 16, 2018
BiteSquad is a growing, fun and fast paced company. It provides an affordable growing service available to anyone from the overextended hard-working parent, those who can’t leave work for a meal, the college student without a car, or the individual who simply doesn’t want to go out in the bad weather but wants a good meal from their favorite restaurant. It also provides flexible schedules, competitive wages, and a supportive team atmosphere. #iambitesquad
Pros
Part-time pay is very competitive, supportive staff and management, fun job
Cons
Limited guaranteed pay hours, but if you do a great job with a positive attitude, you can still make a good hourly wage
Good source of supplemental income
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 31, 2019
This is a great part time job for someone who already has a full time job or another source of income. I honestly don’t think it’s meant to be someone’s only source of income.

The flexibility of the job is awesome- I work another job and just set my availability for that coming week after I receive my other schedule and if I have any issues management is pretty good at fixing them.

I love that you can start working pretty much whenever. Since you get paid by the hour (more for rush times like lunch and dinner plus tips), as soon as you clock in you’re getting paid. You can also pick up shifts or just clock in and start working if you’re available. Sometimes if it’s busy in my area they’ll ask me to clock in to work even if I’m not scheduled, but I hardly can because I have two kids and other priorities.

As most people mentioned, the gas isn’t reimbursed ($1 per delivery) and it does put a lot of miles on your car. Just get an app or manually track how many miles you travel so you have that info for taxes at the end of the year! You get the expenses for your apparel, bag and background check taken out from your first check but it’s only $40 (this company has a lot of flexible employees I’m sure so imagine how that would add up- if someone is willing to pay for their own stuff that shows that they are more serious about working there imo).

Overall, it’s a decent paying part time job that is very flexible. Make sure to communicate if you need time off or if you want more hours! Just because they end your shift early doesn’t mean you have to stop working.

Good luck
  more... guys!  less
Pros
Flexibility, extra income, working alone, work as many hours as you want
Cons
No benefits, hardly any reimbursement for gas (track your miles!), asked to work more than I am able, dispatch won’t clock you out on time and gives extra orders when you can’t take them, some lack of communication, no detailed info about tips, you don’t know where the customer’s delivery address is until you pick up the food, app acts up
Sketchy Company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 21, 2018
I can’t say this enough- do not work for Bite Squad. Unless you’re desperate for pay or too bored for your own good, I don’t suggest this job. There’s a reason there are several lawsuits filed against the company. Here are some of the following reasons not to work for Bite Squad

- Your scheduled time is not the time you’ll be working. You’ll clock in on time but work maybe an hour or two past your scheduled clock out time. There is no overtime.
- You’re at the mercy of Dispatch, which is stationed at their Minnesota office no matter where in the country you are. You have to beg to get off on time or you’ll be clocked out two hours early. Forget about getting a break if they’re even a little busy.
- You make tipped wage. For me, that’s $2.75. Guarantee is minimum wage for your state, and some days during lunch and dinner it will be more than that, depending on city. Guarantee times are short and get cut during certain times of the year.
- No chance for advancement or raises. Nothing is consistent.
- The company pays back $1/successful order for gas and 4¢/hour for data usage. It’s a joke. If an order has to be redelivered for whatever reason, even if it’s not your fault, you lose the $1 and the tip.
- Tips are not guaranteed, a customer said there’s a max tip of $8, and the company skims a percentage of tip to pay Dispatch.
- The wear and tear on your vehicle is insane. I drive anywhere between 50-90 miles a day. The 7-mile maximum between orders and restaurants is as the crow flies or all around a lie.
- You aren’t allowed to accept any drinks or food from restaurants
  more... even if it’s offered. Thirsty? Too bad. Hungry? Better pack a lunch.
- Some of the people you deliver to are dangerous. I have had an order cancelled and transferred to a male driver because the customer likes to expose himself to female drivers. Instead of banning the customer, they simply do that. It’s concerning.
- You’re not allowed to have anyone ride with you, even for safety reasons. Never mind that you’ll deliver orders to cabins in the woods or less than savory neighborhoods.
- The Inclimate Weather Policy is a Case by Case basis where you have to provide “adequate proof” that the weather is unsafe for driving and delivering.

I could go on for days about why this job is awful. Don’t do it.
Pros
Flexible hours, make your own schedule
Cons
Everything else
OTE is laughable
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 28, 2018
They offer a draw based on a salary. This is so manipulative because in reality you only get commission based on what you sell and they take away your salary if you don't meet the draw. A lot of the market is extremely saturated so you're just turning over rocks and will be lucky to make $20-35K a year. Worst sales experience of my life working at Bitesquad. Seek a different industry and sales career!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Don't care about employees, Low Compensation, Poor Benefits
Reality
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 10, 2018
Upstate of South has the lowest paid rate for the entire country when I started you may 350 an hour and a guaranteed you either 10 or $12 an hour depending on the shift and on the weekends it went as high as 15$. Before I fall they cut the paid at 2:50 an hour with the same guarantees and then raise the dinner shift on the weekends to 16$ an hour. Reminder your tips cover the hours that you're only making minimum wage and the hours you're making more than that so if people are tipping then well let's put it this way most people keep out there so that wasn't bad but it did get worse what I mean by getting worse if they drop the $12 an hour to $11 an hour so essentially the only way you can make any money was just working weekends that was it
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Burns out your car sometimes the managers will get the really big orders where are big tips
Decent job
Driving, Office Tech, and catering specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 12, 2018
Very good job just got some downers to Bitesquad because they don't give any health benefits or any kind of paid vacation. Working the hours that i have was very risky when it came to my everyday living and very hard on my car for the most part.
The job can be fun and there can be some very up sides to the job however it could really improve in some areas..
The pay also varied.
Pros
great management, not so great on our cars and checks didnt add up with our pay
Cons
Mileage, gas, high traffic hours. no health benefits or paid vacation
Very manipulative company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 29, 2018
Bitesquad is not a good place to work.Management schedules you for a set shift and then Cuts your hours almost 95% of the time that you work.Dispatch will send you on a long out of the area delivery and then put you on mandatory break as to not pay you your guarantee salary for the trip back to the area
.There's no Clarity or transparency on your trips you never know what you're actually getting and have no way to track what kind of tips a customer left you .Mostly felt that management was stealing my tips .best advice is to steer clear of bitesquad they are definitely not in this for the long run and have zero care for their current employees
Pros
Sorry can't really think of any
Cons
No transparency, hours are always cut short, first several paychecks went towards bag deposits clothing and background checks
Horrible Pay and Benefits and Rude Superiors
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Eau ClaireNovember 2, 2018
This is a horrible company to work for I do not recommend it to anyone. First of all the pay is not what they tell you and they will take your own hardworked tips towards their guarentee pay which is unethical and customers will hardly ever tip you in cash (most I get was $2 in 2 weeks) and if you ask for tips you can be fired. Management is shady and once while receiving problems thru Verizon another coworker and I were not payed for our time and lost money that day. They do not pay for your gas mileage or vehicle wear and tear and do not offer their own vehicle in the Eau Claire area. They make you pay for their own background check and your clothing. Not much else to say but its the worst job and business I have ever experienced!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Great part time job with good salary
Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 14, 2019
Great job to do if you have a car and want to work flexible hours. I make 10-15 an hour plus tips and have learned the area of Columbia very well. There really isn’t much to tell in terms of advancement.
Pros
Flexible hours and good pay
Cons
No insurance
More Than A Bite of Issues
Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 13, 2018
Bite Squad is a somewhat glorified company known for it's somewhat controversial practices in regards to employees' pay and treatment, the customer rules over all in the eyes of the corporate-minded company. Going in to the expectation of reasonable pay for your time means you have all reason to monitor all dividends 24-7, and you are not genuinely compensated for the offset being a driver sets you as under the company. Keeping all personal stories aside, I would advise this at best as a part-time high school student job--it teaches responsibility, mapping skills, and the important experience of a employer unwilling to remember the company is founded on its workers, not its customers.
Pros
Lesser discounts--the same as you would get for subscribing as a customer
Cons
(Regionally) Biased Management, Underfunded Employee Care, compensation is minuscule at best, tools are not loaned or provided initially that are unrelated to the delivery or advertisement, drivers get little to no support in the field
Life at Bitesquad
Duties as Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89103August 8, 2018
We used to drive the company car but company wanted to save money so we have to drive our own car which is not good because I spend so much money on gas. I learned how tablets work which I didn't know before. The management there have good communication with all of the drivers which I think is very important. The hardest part are the drivers on the road who are not courteous to us. We are providing a great service to the community. I enjoy seeing the customers reaction when I do deliver their food. They are grateful we have this service.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
No benefits, endure the heat.
Delivery Driver (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 22, 2019
A fun place to work and they work with your schedule so you really can work when you want. The management is great they guide you through every step to make sure that your successful and on point delivering customers food.
Stay awwwaayyy!!!!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 8, 2019
You get paid SEMI MONTHLY @ minimum wage 🤣🤣 they tell you you get paid bi weekly. That’s all I should have to say. For those who don’t know what semi monthly means...it’s the 1st and 15th. THATS IT. Imagine only making $800 a month from your full time job 🤣🤣🤣🤣😩😩😩😩 ISSA WHOLE JOKE!! Dispatch is trash & anxious. Management @ the office is NO BETTER. They have an extremely high level of incompetence.
Pros
$100 credit for 100 deliveries
Beware
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 27, 2019
It's side hustle with drama. Overall the mileage, lack of respect from dispatch, lack of proper communication from management make it unbearable. Management also ignores requests for days off even if you put in the requests in a timely manner. They also love to deviate from the availability you provide them.
Easiest job I’ve ever had in 55 years of working.
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul MinnesotaJanuary 6, 2019
Bite squad isn’t for everyone you need to be self-motivated you work alone end it is fast paced. I drive 150 to 200 miles a day it is to your advantage to own a hybrid car you want 40 or 50 miles to gallon of gas. I go through $10 a day in gas. Management is excellent the manager for Minneapolis is a good one., he has excellent management skills. I am treated fairly here. It’s also the easiest job I’ve ever had my life in 55 Years of working.You work directly with Dispatch their job is to get deliveries out in a timely manner. You also need a positive attitude don’t think of things as negative it’ll just make you miserable. The wait time at restaurant to pick up orders,is what it is,heavy traffic during rush hour is what it is I enjoy Myself at work because I keep a positive attitud. I will be at bite squad for years to come I really like my job I hope this help you make a decision.
Not worth the Drama
Driver (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 19, 2019
Management creates a hostile environment. Management takes things you say to them in confidence ( personal)tells others drivers and corporate.MANAGMENT Had a personal vendetta against a local restaurant and used drivers to retailate causing havoc.Mangement does drugs. MANAGEMENT steals from employees
Great Job
Driver (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 13, 2018
This job is great and provides drivers with support. You just need to stay relaxed. Management will support you. I wish they compensated better because of how much work /gas that I need to put into my car.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Angry customers on occasion
It's ok for a temporary job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 7, 2018
If you're in school or already have a full time, looking to make some side cash, and don't mind possibly using your own car, then this would be a good job for you. I worked here for 7 months and it was just ok. You get 90 days of unpaid vacation time to use whenever you want. Manager was nice about giving days off. The down side is if you're doing this long term, it's wear and tear on your car. Also don't expect benefits if you don't work 40 hours consistently a week. Dispatch can be annoying sometimes with last minute orders and you have to constantly remind them when you're supposed to get off. Last thing is the pay, you NEVER make $14 an hour you start out at $10 and it's not even straight forward. You really make $5.10 an hour and your tips are suppose to equal out to $10. So even when they say you can make up $15 an hour on weekends, you're really making like $8 an hour plus tips.
Pros
Visit new restaurants and nice neighborhoods in the city
Cons
Pay, Wear and tear on car, have to fill up car two or three times a week
Not worth it
Driver (Former Employee) –  North DakotaNovember 18, 2018
I worked with bites squad for about a month. I quit because they didn't give me any gas compensations. Manger was okay dispatch would send me orders after shift is over.
Pros
set up own scduele
Cons
no gas compensations people you deliver food to sometimes dont tip, tip goes to dispatch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bite Squad. Our community is ready to answer.