Bite Squad logo
Bite Squad
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100Average

Bite Squad Employee Reviews

Daily pay if needed..

I liked working for company...i worked when i can.. I got to deal with customers...and tips...i like working independently...i like driving...and i sometimes had to shop for orders.

Pros

Daily pay plus you get a pay check every week.... Take off and work when i want...

Cons

Sone customers and sone jobs..grocery shopped.

Cost / Benefit

It works if you need something to bring in money, but don't expect to do this for long. I did it for over a year and the gas and maintence costs made it hard to save any money.

It was an okay first job for quick cash.

I was an employee but quit as soon as they were making people turn into Contractors instead. The job was simple nice for a time new places and new people to see, some of the restaurants I went to pick up orders at I still go to today.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Con you out of insurance.

Very Flexible, Decent Pay

It's a delivery app. Pretty self-explanatory. When I worked there, they were a bit unusual in that they hired their drivers on as actual employees rather than independent contractors. I understand that has changed now, unfortunately.

Bad communication at best.

Quite honestly its not the worst, but if u need communication at all thats where things are tricky. Quite honestly you have a schedule to work and are asked to get Quite a lot done. If you're just driving for them its great.

Pros

If driver its great!

Cons

If youre a w2 worker no communication.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Its easy, decent work.

Bitesquad is tricky to review. You can either make good money, or none at all. It just depends on the time and day of the week. If you're looking for a decent, in-between/side gig, Bitesquad may be your answer. They do offer full time positions with benefits, so there is room for growth

Work when you want, pay can be small

Wear and tear in vehicle but that is expected. I like that it's independent contractor now. They let you know if it's busy in case you want to jump on. Pay could be a bit better and sometimes have to drive far but can decline orders you don't want to pick up which is nice.

Pros

Work when you want, no one up your but

Cons

Smallish pay

Most flexible job you can get

Bite Squad is the easiest job I've ever had. You get to make your own schedule and only work when you want/need to. The pay isn't fantastic and you'll be making the majority of your money through tips, but if you have the time to work a lot you can make decent money. It's a nice side gig.

Pros

free delivery, flexible schedule

Cons

puts lots of mileage on your car

Do not be fast talked into working for them.

As it has been stated multiple times by upper management, if your married or have kids this job will not be for you. You will be expected to respond to all communications in a timely manner of 5 minutes or less. Failure to communicate and respond within that time limit will be met with a very cold corporate reprimand from the regional manager. The expectations expected of you are usually higher vs what the actual company standards are but any disagreement or just meeting the company standards vs what is expected in the region will also be met with reprimand.

Pros

Unlimited PTO, Great benefits

Cons

Cold and corporate demands from regional manager, No personal life

Very flexible with hours, not a huge workload.

Nothing wrong with bite squad, they have good pay and an actual schedule unlike some other delivery driving services. I personally enjoyed my experience at bite squad.

Pros

easy job, nice managers

Cons

not the best pay, take a toll on your car

Jobs at Bite Squad

See more jobs

Chill work environment

I worked with squad for 3 years, prior to their switch to 1099 contractors for drivers. Pay was decent but would be nowhere near enough to maintain the wear and tear on your vehicle in my state. Very flexible and management was kind and understanding. I enjoyed my time as a driver, but needed to focus more on my upcoming final semester. The 1099 platform also was not to my liking (the pay drastically dropped). Corporate was to blame for pay cuts. while my area's management team was great, the direction in which the company was headed wasnt right for me.

Pros

Flexible hours, good management, lax job

Cons

Dispatch can sometimes keep you late, low pay in comparison to maintenance costs required

Delivery driver run into the ground

Once the company was sold to WaitR, the delivery driver jobs were re-qualified as contractors. During the transition, we were kept in the dark about what the actual pay was and then the orders pretty much dried up. I was layed off when we became contractors. Sad to see - Bite Squad driving jobs were probably the best in the industry for it's time.

Pros

Flextime, changing environment

Cons

Company changed job, no communication, no respect.

Freedom to make your own hours

I like to drive and during "Pandemic" times it is a good way to make extra money. I think it would be hard if it was my only income. I now have commercial insurance which is more expensive and obviously it puts a lot of miles on your car ( which come tax time I will be reimbursed. ;) ) I like to be free so it suits me. The dispatchers have always been kind and helpful too.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Wear and tear on your car

Should have never took this job

Worked in the Boston office for 2 months. Training was only a week. Very rushed and not enough one on one training. Job was very stressful. Customers were upset about the quality of service, late/missing deliveries and only able to chat. Expected to handle multiple problems at once. Restaurants were upset with Bite Squad service and were ending contracts daily. Drivers were nice for the most part. Only one lunch break and no set schedule. Had a schedule like retail, work 9-5 one day then 1-9 next day. This company will not last with all the other dominant delivery services like DD and GH. Desperate for employees. Very high turnover.

Pros

Nice Boston office. Work from home Friday to Sunday

Cons

One lunch break, rotating schedule, have to work weekends, poor management and training

Pretty straightforward job

You can make decent money if you put in the hours. Very flexible you work when you want to work most of the time. Everything's at your own pace and easy. just make sure you have a reliable car obviously.

Pros

You're in control of everything from hours to which orders you take

Cons

no advancement or benefits

Another food delivery option.

When we were W2, pay was better, obviously. Going 1099 does give more freedom to choose the delivery you want to take. Hours are your choice & you get an additional $1 per order during scheduled shifts. Required tee shirt & hot bag are deducted from your 1st check. Not a bad gig, overall.

Pros

Choose your own hours.

Cons

Use your own vehicle, possible far travel with deliveries.

Fun

Fun job peaceful. Deliver food to customers at a timely manner.its it's fun nice. Good networking flexible you can choose your hours. Get paid direct deposit

Pros

Fun

Cons

Pay

Meh

BiteSquad was fine. It was a good in-between-jobs job that helped me pay my bills until I moved on to something different. The work was tedious, the customers usually indifferent (unless you were extremely late when delivering their food). On busy days, the pay reached or exceeded $15 per hour, but others I had to double check that I was ensured minimum wage. My trainer/field supervisor, Teree, was wonderful, and was always available when I had questions or concerns; even allowing me to borrow a hotbag when one of mine got covered in nacho cheese.Management was spotty, some days they would ask when you wanted to take your break right when you clocked in, and fit you into the other drivers' break times so that nobody felt overworked. Other times I wouldn't get a break and was expected to work overtime and had no say in whether or not I wanted to or was able to work OT.

Pros

Compensation for Cellular Data Usage, Great Work Culture (among drivers), Teree

Cons

Spotty Management, Poor Salary, No Compensation for Gasoline or Auto Maintenance

I had a terrible experience as a driver

I am nit trusting of a company that cannot tell you where you will be delivering an order before you accept the order. I am now a driver for a competitor and know exactly where I deliver prior to accepting an order. I would drive to a restaurant and then wait forever just to find out the customer was ten miles away. No good support. Driving fir two well known companies, Bite squad has a kit to learn. The apps are outdated and scheduling is awful. Too stressful for such low pay

Pros

Independent hiurs

Cons

Too many to list

Something to do at night

Started driving at night during COVID to get out of the house and have something to do. Need an efficient car as the trips are fairly long and dispatch does not seem to group orders or give you your next order in a logical location.

Pros

Work whenever you want

Cons

Lots of miles

Good if you like being in control of your time

Good for having flexblity and as a second fun money job. But you need to have a good gas mileage car or it ma6 not be worth it for you.how hard you work and how much time you invest will determine how much money you make on a day week etc

Pros

You're your own boss

Cons

Lots of miles on car

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bite Squad. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bite Squad.
Powered byComparably