BJ'S Restaurant & Brewhouse Employee Reviews

Found 1,425 reviews matching the search See all 1,426 reviews
Fast paced environment with a lot of volume
SUPERVISOR/BOOKKEEPER/BARTENDER/SERVER (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 19, 2019
A good place to work because of the volume of guests that come in for lunch and dinner shifts. Employee turnover is not as high as most restaurants I have worked at.
a good work place but tough
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 15, 2019
it is a good place to work but at the sametime stressful if pay could be raised other then learning more potions then it would be great. great people good management, but pay would be the only problem
Pros
free lunch as a cook
Cons
pay can be low at times and no raises.
Fast pace work environment with opportunity
Takeout/Host (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Working at BJ's, I learned how to fit into my role in a restaurant environment. Helping out other team members when I wasn't as busy and vice versa were almost always necessary.
easy going job
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 12, 2019
I had no issues with working at Bj's. I liked working there and i liked the staff i had good hours also. The food is also excellent. I would recommend working here.
Fun place with great beer
Server Trainer / Beer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 12, 2019
Great place to learn the ropes. Room to advance in different job categorys. Fast pace . Depend on urself and you own abilities in order to suceed other. Overal just another resturaunt .
Pros
Great beer selection
Cons
Stress full at times.
Fun place to work
Server / Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2019
I Enjoyed working for this company. As a server you make money daily so you work as hard as you want to and you make money based on your customer service.
Hosts
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Greet and acknowledge guests and seat patrons by escorting them to the assigned table, communicate delays and offers additional services. Also, accept and organize reservations.
great place to work
prep-cook (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98408January 8, 2019
this place was amazing to work at for the fact that its a great thing to have on a resume when going to work anywhere in the food industry such as fast food or restaurants
Pros
free lunches
Cons
optional breaks
Great job , fun to work with , good food
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 8, 2019
It was a good starting job , you made money on good nights , sometimes it would be slow and other times it wouldn’t, the customers where great and loving , I would barely have any rude ones
Pros
Fast money
Cons
Slow nights
Depending on your location the employees make it a fun work environment as well as the guests
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 8, 2019
The company as a whole seems to have good values and want to keep their employees happy but there a couple bad apples in the bunch as far as the managers and I guess it depends on your location but the bar system is horrible with little money... the employees FOH and BOH all seem to really be cool...this was the most draining bartending position I’ve ever had and I’ve been bartending over 10 years!
Pros
Free or discounted food if you can get a break from the bar
Cons
Short breaks, long hours and low pay
underpaid they dont take care of their faithful employees
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 7, 2019
I recently took a job at Bjs. It is a fast paced enviroment. with a terrible set up as a kitchen where people are crowded and running into each other. They pay in my opinion is to low for the amount of work you do. The sad part is they started me at almost $2 more then an employee who has been with them 10 years and was training me. It shows me how they do not care about you. i was told to take my lunch although i had only been there 3 hours. I dont reccomend this place. the pm manager cook was really cool.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very low pay
Casual Restaurant with professional atmosphere
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Great food and drinks. Easy to sell. Great clientele. Fair work environment. Possibilities for career advancement. Promotes from within. Professional yet personal coworker relationships
Pros
Discounted/Free food
Cons
Short breaks on weekend doubles
Great place for career advancement
Dining Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CADecember 31, 2018
Went from host to manager in 8 years. Management role paid little with very high company turnover. Some managers were great, others were unprofessional. Very corporate oriented, if you followed the culture it left room to grow within the company and prepare you for a role elsewhere.
Free meal
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 29, 2018
This company is good place for work.. we have too many things to know about this restaurant ... big opportunity for learning about work in 5 different stations
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short breaks
Fellow employees were the highlight of my experience
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 29, 2018
Great cast of team members. Smart, aware, efficient, lots of hustle. Communication and teamwork we constant throughout the shift. We had a very tight knit group.
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
career opportunities lacked
Good pay, Horrible environment due to the management.
Front Desk Associate/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 27, 2018
The managers did not care about anyone but themselves. Always complaining and putting blame on others. Making employees talk to customers and deal with problems that the management should deal with. Rude, power hungry, and disrespectful; the general manager of the Frederick location even physically assaulted employees by hitting them on the back, she would move and push them violently out of the way, and disrespect them verbally in ways no one should be treated.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management made everything horrible
productive yet unpleasant at times
Food runner (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 27, 2018
-wasn't a hard pace to keep up with
-fun at times
-not as much room for growth
-friendly staff
-managers weren't the greatest.
-policies were not kept most of the time
Pros
shifts went by fast
Cons
barely any hours given if managers didn't want you there
Supportive workplace with great employees
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 18, 2018
The managers that work at BJ's Sugarland location are extremely dedicated and understanding of individual schedules and commitments. It is a great place to work with great co-workers and fantastic clientele. This job opportunity helped me to better both my customer service skills as well as communication skills in general.
Pros
Great managers, discounted food, flexible hours
Cons
low hourly wage
Productive work place
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 18, 2018
I like the job just lack of hours and not making enough to get by good work environment just time for something new need a change of pace but all and all it’s a good place to work at
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Brewhouse with a great scratch kitchen.
server (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 17, 2018
I was responsible for greeting guests, recommending our craft beers and scratch kitchen menu. I learned how to use a tablet quickly while also interacting with guests and other team members. Management was very busy as there is a big staff so they really had to be great at multi tasking and they were great. Sports and beer styles were some of the most consistent conversations. Learning and sharing about the many different styles of craft beers we offered was a difficult aspect of working here but it got easier with time. I really enjoyed how good all of our food was and the 50% employee discount.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ'S Restaurant & Brewhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight