BJ'S Restaurant & Brewhouse
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from BJ'S Restaurant & Brewhouse:

BJ'S Restaurant & Brewhouse Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA31 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
BJ's team members always work together and get things done while finding a way to make the job fun. Balancing a work and life balance can be challenging as working in a restaurant requires you to work long hours.
Great company horrible bosses
Management was horrible food was ok lazy workers cut on hours KM was not professional yelling at the line cooks and servers couldn’t deal with the nonsense anymore so I left
Fun exciting
Exciting fun to work and be around. Atmosphere was relaxin foodnwas excellent n healthy
Also to better serve the customer be agile energetic friendly smile for thw customer.
Fast Paced and Always Evolving
They promote a fast paced high volume work experience. Always looking for change. You spend 10 hours moving a day moving. Constantly problem solving. You are always coaching, trying to make each team member better which in turn promotes your own personal growth.
Good Job
Good pay, fast paced, days not too long and good work environment to climb.

Some management is bad but for the most part its good. Coworkers are all pretty nice and helpful.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Confident
Great place to work need more benefits for all employees. Need to separate km, with other managers. No everyone knows how to run the kitchen. The will more successful place for everyone. Including our guest
responsable and useful ,nice environment of work
I learned many every day, since was my first time as a dishwasher job, the place of work was nice, all people were so nice that makes me enjoy to work ,The hardest part of the job was at the rush hour, and was at that time when is necessary to work as a teem member.
Pros
free lunch, good work environment
Cons
sometimes I felt lack of personal at the rush hour
Decent job foe serving
Decent job for the younger generation. Open till 2am so you need of be a night owl. Poor mngt as I had 3 gm within 3 years. Tips are very good as the area is very busy especially in concert nights
Pros
Good money
Cons
On your feet running alot
Sadly, this location is Sub-par
after nearly two years of working there, and have the equivalent of an assistant manage position, my autonomy was nearly non existent. Management feigns agree-ability to get employees working at the location, only to turn away from employees the moment they need something for themselves. My family member was diagnosed with cancer and the scheduling manager was fairly unreasonable with making my hours more flexible during his treatment.
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Just another restaurant with horrible managers
workplace
arrive there set up, starts off slow then guest starts to come and welcome them .new management i cant say, the hardest part of the job is the end of your shift doing the side work enjoyable part of the job is interacting with guests
Fast paces fun fine dining restaurant to work at
It is a fast paced funfilled fine dining restaurant to work at. They work with your needs on time off, and working certain days. The staff and management are all about team support.
productive day
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there..i havent really anything from the food restuant but have patients .ive learn
I knew I would not be advancing with the company.
This job was extremely temporary for me. I knew I wasn't going to work in the restaurant industry for the duration of my life so when advancement opportunity was presented by another company, I chose to move on from BJ's.
Started good then got stuck in a location that wasn’t what I was looking for
Training was great then got stuck doing things that were not along the lines of what I was hired for with a commute that was awful. After not moving because I was told I had become too detrimental to the team at that location.
Pros
The training
Cons
The commute and lack of support from corporate in teams of management staffing
Productive and fast yet welcoming environment
Fast paced very fun to work. Management at my store is the only reason I left my job or else I would love to work there still. The menu is very large and changes a lot but it’s very nice and adventurous. It’s a large restaurant meaning a lot of cleaning.
Everybody gets along.
Working there is great, everybody gets along. The food is good. Managers are fun and outgoing. The environment is amazing. Usually busy, Sundays afternoon are the best days.
bjs
it was a ok company. the girls are really judgemental and it was like high school. you cant trust no one. there was no team work. it was everyone for themselves
It's a fast paced work environment for the most part, has its slow days like anything else but a good place to work and make some quick money. Getting to know all new kinds of people both team members and managers has been great.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
short breaks and hard to get health care
great
very comfortable environment. employee where helpful and motivated. family like atmosphere. opportunity for growth if you pick up the task and execute with a fast, fun, and friendly attitude.
Pros
free lunch
Poor Everything
From the workers, to the management, to the owners; you will find something to complain about with this job. You have workers that drink on the job, management that never helps or doesn't even know the menu and owners that don't even know what's going on in their kitchen.
Great Beginner Cook Job
Bj's Restaurant is fairly a good place to work. Co workers are great at teamwork. It could be better managing of the kitchen and employees. Sometimes managers have bad days and try to take their anger out on you. But other then that it is a decent place to work.
Pros
Set Schedules
Cons
Favoritism
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ'S Restaurant & Brewhouse. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight