BJ's Wholesale Club Employee Reviews

Found 2,946 reviews matching the search See all 2,947 reviews
Place is a joke.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 20, 2019
Every employee is just a number there. They don't care at all for your well being. And when they done they get rid of you and replace you for another number.
Baking frozen products
Baker (Former Employee) –  West Lebanon,NHJanuary 19, 2019
Hired for days but co worker complained so much made to work evenings. Made to go in a trailer and pick product off from pallets. Very cold and dangerous management didnt care. It was not in job description or was it mentioned in interview. Pay sucked. Bakery manager didnt feel the need to talk or explain how she wanted things set up. The co worker thought she was the best .asked to be moved to a different department and fell on deaf ears. Bakery manager says if you dont like the schedule find a different job so I did
Pros
Free membership
Cons
No one cares
Decent if you make the best of it.
Tire Salesman (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJanuary 18, 2019
Some days are slow, some days are hectic, some customers are nice and some outright disgusting. Fridge gets restocked with certain food items. Workplace culture could be improved ten fold. Hardest part of the job is when it gets hectic. Most enjoyable part of the job is the downtime you might get.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Barely any breaks
Good job for students
Front Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJanuary 17, 2019
This is a good job for high school students looking to make a little money at their first job. Paid training and short afternoon and weekend hours make it easy to pursue while in school.
Pros
Paid training, breaks, flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, lack of advancement
Overworked
Meat Manager (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAJanuary 17, 2019
Managers are salaried but are required to work at least 45 hrs per week. Most work way more than because there is never enough labor for a managers' respective department so the senior managers just expect you to compensate for always being understaffed
Horrible, stay away.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJanuary 15, 2019
This job was by far the WORST job I have ever had. The management IS HORRIBLE AND IMMATURE. It's like a high school here with the drama and how management will literally PUSH YOU OUT and have you get to a point where you want to QUIT. Total waste of time. Not to mention they pick their favorites and if you are not that person, that are not willing to work with you with ANYTHING especially if you have to get another job or whatever reason and work with you when it comes to hours. Also their is NO room for moving up here. Like I mentioned before, you are not a favorite or didn't kiss up to them, you won't move up or do other jobs in the club besides what you got hired for. Despite what they mention in the interview encouraging employees to want to move around and work different positions. All in all, it's not worth the headache and the stress.
This Place
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 15, 2019
This is a place where the managers were only concerned about there bonuses, meaning they only cared about numbers and sales and will cut hours of employees in order to maintain looking good for the higherups.
Cons
Good for overtime, holiday, and paid time off. Bad management
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Coventry, RIJanuary 14, 2019
This applies to store 119 only from what I understand. Bad management and nobody cares. Good benefits (bad price) and coming from kitchens it's great to have holiday pay and overtime and sick days but for me after 5 years it's just not worth the depression. Nobody seems to care about their job and everyone is just trying to put in their time and go home. Management doesn't seem to care if people aren't doing their job and they don't seem to do theirs either
Pros
Thursday lunch, holiday pay, birthday pay, overtime, benefits
Cons
No leadership, no direction, no teamwork, no discipline
Good job
Quality Control/Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 13, 2019
Good overall environment
Relaxing areas within locker room and multiple cafeterias
Good people
Room for growth
Good pay rate
Great number of positions meaning more possibilities
Thoughts
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYJanuary 13, 2019
Management does nothing. Voicing your concerns to your managers still does nothing. I am a student and my hours were changed without me knowing. They take advantage of their hardworking employees and those employees get nothing out of it not even a thank you.

Want to know more about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Ask a question
fun at times
Membership service supervisor (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJanuary 13, 2019
fun at times but they need more training instead of throwing people in different positions that don't have a clue on what they doing. give more money as well I feel I do a lot and get paid lil
Pros
moving up
Cons
no training
Awful place to work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Derby, CTJanuary 13, 2019
Awful place to work for.very bad management and very unhelpful.i have to work in one of the busiest departments and often by myself ,and on the weekends by myself as well.many times without being able to take lunches or breaks.management sees you struggle and the only response you get from them is sorry,and they never help.you ask for more help,or to schedule a little better so the work can get done,but it just gets ignored.the pay is low ,and I barely get 23-25 hrs a week.the employee turnover is horable.everyone there is also very miserable including management.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Pretty much everything
Not the best place to work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  East Setauket, NYJanuary 12, 2019
Overall pay was lower than it should be for the job that it entails the managers expect the world's from you with no help if you do not get your job done with any 8 hours it were consequences like getting yelled at
The pay was good but management wasn't
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJJanuary 12, 2019
Management is demeaning and rude. With the exception of four managers, management is awful. They will belittle and and yell at you for doing exactly what they ask.
Very faced pace, always something to do.
Part time cashier/supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 11, 2019
I loved working an BJ's wholesale club. My co-workers and managers were fun to work with.I sharpened my customer service skills. Overall, as a first job experience it was great.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Needs more coordination.
ok
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seekonk, MAJanuary 10, 2019
was not a bad place to work at pay could be better for sure manager are not bad depending on who u talk to they have opportunities to move up all the time if u have the qualification.
had a nice experience; staff is very helpfull.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJanuary 9, 2019
i learned so many things. sometimes the store gets so busy and most enjoyable part was the memories i created with my new friends.Staff members are very helpfull.
Pros
snacks;fruits;bread;peanut butter;etc and variety of food on fridays.
Cons
short break is of 15 min. and they also provides medicle kit for staff safety;fire alerts;etc.
Not a bad place to work
Overnight Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  E Rutherford, NJJanuary 8, 2019
I was a Overnight Manager the hardest part of my job was trying to get the team members to follow percedures of the company standards I was rencently let go for sending an employee home for insubordination, which I found very odd I've been in management all my life and had never seen a unethical company that's is supportive of insubordination towards managers. Maybe this stop in my life was not meant for me
How I start my night shift
Assistant Manager-Inventory (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJanuary 7, 2019
I would come punch in at 10:00pm, go on the floor and look to see what needs to be dropped so the associates can start replenishing the shelves. when finished dropping pallets, I would then unload any trucks that have came in. The hardest part of my job is when I can't leave until the store is up to standard. I enjoy when it's time to take my breaks.
Pros
completing a task given to me and completed before I clock out.
Cons
When associates don't pull together and get the job done.
Fast working/ Productive environment
Baker Associate (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTJanuary 7, 2019
Although my employment at BJ's was seasonal i appreciated the opportunity to work there. It was a fast working environment which i enjoyed because it allowed me to remain busy my entire shift.
Pros
Kept me busy
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ's Wholesale Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss