BJ's Wholesale Club Employee Reviews

Management was great to work with
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJSeptember 17, 2018
Management was helpful and great to work with. Outgoing cash office woman was extremely helpful. I learned a lot about myself as a person, how I handle work stress because the hr manager kept complimenting me how I handled high-stress situations.
good people working there
Front-line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDSeptember 17, 2018
very long days standing on your feet, some days were great and some days the customers were really mean and would say things that they didn't have the right to say, management wasn't professional at all!
Pros
helping people
Cons
lack of pay and respect
horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pelham Manor, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Very unorganized, poor management, doesn't try to work out flexible schedule. wouldn't recommend working here. everyone also has an attitude with customers.
Poor Management
Cashier/ Member Services Member (Current Employee) –  Bellport, NYSeptember 16, 2018
I recently started the job and am already ready to find a new better place or work. My first two paychecks I was not correctly compensated. And when I told my three different managers and one supervisor my availability once school started they did not honor my availability and so for two weeks straight I've had to call to tell them that I was going to be late. And depending on the supervisor they are very strict with handing out breaks. But my coworkers were nice and helpful.
Pros
Break room food provided, coworkers were friendly.
Cons
Poor management
productive
Wholesale Club Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 15, 2018
a bit short staffed but easy going. not a completely bad place to work. hardest part is being short staffed and not having the hours available for new staff.
Summer cookouts pizza parties Holiday appreciation.
Human Resources Manager/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, RISeptember 15, 2018
A typical day at work is very busy time goes by fast . Cross training is available. Management responsibilities not worth the salary. Pay rate low even for paid for experience.
Pros
Provide Team Members with peanut butter, jelly, coffee, water.
Cons
turnover rate about 75%
BJS Wholesale
Recovery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYSeptember 13, 2018
BJS wholesale is a good place to maybe work during school times, but the management was horrible. The actual room for advancement lacked due to the workers attitudes. It was easy as far as stocking shelves, but not a enjoyable job.
Fun place to work
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NJSeptember 13, 2018
I was a Cashier and a FLS (Front Lead Supervisor). Customer Service was a must. I trained new employees and ran the front end to assist other Cahiers.
Pros
Working with awesome co-workers
Cons
Not getting benefits but working full time hours weekly
enjoyed working with people
ASSET PROTECTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJSeptember 13, 2018
working at bjs was always eventful, no 2 days ever the same. bjs was a fast paced enviroment, working with customers and satisfying their needs. i always had a different shift which i enjoyed
Pros
free membership card
Cons
no lunch periods
Good place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Middletown, RISeptember 13, 2018
Good working with nice people, Managers are somewhat comprehensive. Sometimes the work is slow and sometime is not. It is a nice job if you are someone who is responsible and mature.

Want to know more about BJ's Wholesale Club?

Ask a question
High Paced
Loss Prevention Manager & Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 13, 2018
Learned Lots of Managerial skills at this Job. Had very experienced Managers train me in my field of work.

I also loved the challenge of dealing with customers on a day to day basis.
Pros
Fun/ Experieince
Cons
Stressful
Overall feeling
Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DESeptember 13, 2018
I enjoy working with my coworkers. Management can be all over the place and pushy. Many opportunities of departments to work in there. Need to communicate better between management and superiors.
Fair job.
Membership Service (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 12, 2018
Okay job! It's all about your attitude so make the best out of it. Simple customer/membership service job. I guess I have to write 150 words or less to use the benefits of this website.
Draining, No advancenents, managers are bias
Cashier/ Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2018
I worked there two and a half years. In that time it was several several violations managers did on a regular basis. Cut days, if they disliked you, time came up missing on employee checks( except managers). Start over in the BJ's (4701 O'Donnell Street, Needs to start completely over with the mangers & personal department..
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Management is terrible
Flexible
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 12, 2018
They were always very flexible with my hours. Management could be suck at times, depending on which manager. There was always a rush, not a whole lot of downtime but it was nice it made the shift go by faster. My coworkers weren't too bad. Only time I really ever had an issue was with customers, but that's anywhere. People always have attitudes for no reason.
Pros
Breaks, Pto, Sick time, Flexible
Cons
No benefits
I loved working here I just wasnt fond of the unprofessionalism of management
Human Resources Clerical (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJSeptember 12, 2018
-Great break system
- Monthly recognition of employees
- Flexible hours
- Unprofessional management
- Not enough pay for getting cross-trained
- Schedules never out on time
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Unprofessional management
Big box retailer focused on upselling.
Member Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 11, 2018
The turnover rate was bad mostly because of management. This is one of those jobs where the pay and benefits will get you through but just enough to make it. I liked the job but If i hadn't moved from the area I would've still looked elsewhere for employment just because of how management treated the employees.
Pros
Will work with your schedule, Pay is good.
Cons
Entitled management most are unqualified for the job, Changing policies to satisfy customers creating confusion.
Flexible hours are possible but number or work hours per week is inconistent
Cashier, Member (Current Employee) –  Setauket, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Overall the Company accommodated my flexible availability, but unfortunately the number of work hours per week were too inconsistent.
Every work environment is what you make of it. For the most part, the members of the management team were easy to work for as long as you were doing your job.
Pros
Accommodates a fleible work schedule
Cons
Inconsistent on number of work week hours
Poor
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Deptford,NJSeptember 10, 2018
Managers are clueless and don’t care about there staff they will use you till your 90 days then find a way to fire you very stressful job was times in hot days when managers would not answer for water or would not come if there was a problem HR is a joke GM loves to lie my suggestion don’t waist your time
Pros
Good coworkers and great customers
Cons
Everything else
Ok place to work
Overnight Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 10, 2018
It is an ok place to work. I am underutilized because I have extensive financial education and experience as well as retail experience. It is a weak management team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ's Wholesale Club. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.