BJ's Wholesale Club Employee Reviews

Work somewhere else
Meat Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 23, 2017
Would not recommend, company is in a downward spiral. CEO is out for blood. Company has become a checklist based company. Payroll is being stretched very thin, down to 2%of sales at clubs
Respectful environment to work in
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 21, 2017
It is a fairly easy job. The company is welcoming to new people and makes sure current employees are comfortable. Working there I learned how to serve great customer service no matter the situation.
Great place to be positive
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PANovember 21, 2017
Bjs is a workplace in under and owned by great people and run by good workers trying and doing their best to be told what is existing to be the best and should be more alike other stores
Pros
Good place to make friends
Cons
Ok
Manger scheduel and poor pay
Produce Clerk/ Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, MENovember 20, 2017
The pay is terrible for students and people who are starting fresh with the company and depending on who your manger was they would schedule weird hours.
Pros
Fun people to work with.
Cons
Not enought to pay bills
its been a while
Clerk In Produce (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYNovember 20, 2017
from what i can remember, its been years since i worked there, this company was a very relaxed environment. you never felt overwhelmed or over worked and you can work at your own pace
Never know what kind of day you'll have
Member Services Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2017
Where do I start? Managers play the "not it" game. You call one and they will say to call another. They are always frantic or in a bad mood because they are understaffed. The members run coupon scams. They buy the items, use a coupon and then return them. There is no way to tell what coupon goes with what item. The receipt says scanned coupon at the bottom. Most members throw fits because there are no salespeople or they can't find an item. If you are scheduled off at 930p you won't get out till 1030p because you will have to fold clothes even if you're a cashier while the recovery team gets to go home.
Pros
Food on fridays at the meeting, incentives for credit cards, and pay
Cons
Over worked, management, no order, lax return policy, out dated Point of sale system and coupons!!
great place to work. great lunch room
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJNovember 19, 2017
it was a very nice place to work. Staff was great. everyone is a team player. Break room is good. BJs provided food for you. Breaks were decent time. get paid time and a half on sundays.
I really enjoyed the team members
Mgr (Former Employee) –  Oakhurst, NJNovember 18, 2017
A typical day at work making sure the bakery is up and running before the club opens .Then helping members through the day.The hardest part was doing inventory once a month in for the bakery.
Pros
loved talking with the members
Cons
there is no I in team
bad company
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLNovember 18, 2017
BJ's is a company that does not follow labor laws and should be closed down. All management and supervisors are not qualified to be in a leadership position. The company is cut throat and uses and abuses all employees.
Good pay, horrible communication
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NJNovember 15, 2017
The pay for a cashier was acceptable. Management had little to no communication to other managers and employees. Employment Policies were inconsistent, and managers played favoritism as far as policy goes.
Pros
Free 1 year club membership, multiple breaks when working more than 5 hours
Cons
one 15 minute break per shift when working less than 5 hours
i love it here.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJNovember 14, 2017
It's rare for people to love their jobs, but as a frequent member of BJ's, I was rightfully excited for my new job. My coworkers and managers/supervisors are nice, pleasant people, and I couldn't ask for more at a work environment. Of course you'd encounter a grumpy shopper/member, but you still meet a variety of interesting or just decent faces around my location.
Unprofessional Management
Shipping Receiving Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 14, 2017
Managers or supervisors could be petty and gossip mongers. Working there felt like being back in HS. I started working there with such high hopes and within several weeks I was already miserable. I stayed while looking for another job but hated going there every day.
Too long
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 14, 2017
Cannot review too long since been there
Too much change since last worked there
Making this required is a bit crazy
Cannot review it has been too long
Great work environment
Merchandiser/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYNovember 14, 2017
Good physical workout during work. I truly enjoyed my work experience with this employer. Offered generous time for breaks. Employee offered time off for college classes.
Pros
Super work environment
Cons
Cold to work inside building
Moral
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 13, 2017
Great Company to work for!! Benefits are great, excellent employee incentives. Very fast paced, must have excellent customer service skills. Awesome prices and great selection of merchandise!
BJ's Wholesale Club
Food Court Supervisor / Cash Office (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MANovember 13, 2017
Fast paced in a good way.
Retailing, new supervisory skills.
Management was lacking.
Fun, upbeat, fast.
Nothing really.
The many fun and enjoyable people I worked with. The opportunity to be able to meet the scheduling needs of my subordinates to accommodate their needs.
Good start
Freezer Dairy Distribution Lead Produce Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLNovember 13, 2017
Bj's Whole Sale Club it was the first job I had when I move to the US, so it was a great start for me. Learn from grocerys, to lead a whole crew in the Freezer/Dairy area. And got my first Forklift Driver Certification.
Pros
Get off early
Cons
Days off
Always new people to meet.
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PANovember 13, 2017
Great Place To Work ! While you could advance in other areas of the club, I was able to move through out different areas so that I could cultivate and mentor others.
Pros
Good benefits
A decent place to work
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  College Point, NYNovember 12, 2017
Very fast paced, stressful, management needs some work, not always professional, you have to stand for long periods of time and sometimes it's hard to get a break
no good place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 11, 2017
management need to work harder to communicate with the employee... is no comunication at all . only one maintenace person a day. and they expected to do lot more that your job, like cover break lunch or ect when you trying to do your job. the management dont care for you at all.
Pros
friendly employes
Cons
bad management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ's Wholesale Club. Our community is ready to answer.