BJ's Wholesale Club Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,360 reviews matching the search See all 2,361 reviews
Very fun and freiendly work environment
CASHIER / CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 20, 2018
Typical day started with me at the cash registers and closing with cleaning the cart carousels. I learned how to assess and address the needs of customers working here. Management were a group of sweet people, they cared for their employees more than I've seen.
Productive, Good place to work
Baker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed my position as a baker and cake decorator. I enjoyed training new hires in the bakery department. It was a fun atmosphere with hard working employees.
Pros
Company events, Free breakfast every friday, Holiday parties, prizes and giveaways
Cons
Working weekends all the time
Good company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJuly 18, 2018
Management was good and company benefits good. Co-workers a pleasure to work with.

Morning hours available. Holidays working part days. Good environment.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Standing and walking on cement
Decent place to work with competitive wages
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAJuly 17, 2018
Worked in the tire center for almost a year. The job can be stressful but the days go by fast. Sometimes hard to get management to work for you. Its fun to be able to drive all different makes and models of cars, but working on the same Hondas and Toyotas over and over again can get a little boring. Would recommend the job to someone trying to get their foot in the door automotive wise.
Pros
Free food in break room, Free membership
Cons
Management, Outdated tools and equipment
A great place to start
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJuly 17, 2018
If you are in your late teens-early twenties, I'd highly consider looking into BJ's. Their pay is fare and Sundays and Holidays are time and a half. I've had my ups and downs like everyone else, but I would recommend it to anyone just starting the job field.
Pros
Fair pay, lots of hours
Cons
Horrible Regional Management
Fast-Paced
Associate (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJuly 17, 2018
This job is a faced paced one with very little down time on the weekends, but it is much more relaxed on the weed days. People looking for good pay and have previously worked retail, this is a job for you!
Fast Pace Work Flow
Cashier/ Asset Protection (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAJuly 17, 2018
It's a job. There will be days your up and plenty of days your down. Overall it's a good place to work if you in need for part-time and can deal with people.
Pros
weekly pay
You better know somebody
customer service quality standards (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
A company that truly helps customers and has a lot of advancement to offer. Only most advance only their friends and relatives. The company is not at fault
fast pace environment to work at
Cashier, assist club members (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed working with the club members as well as the management team. the hardest part of the job was lifting some merchandises since most item for sale there are in bulk.
Fun and Productive place to work
Loss Prevention Associate (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 16, 2018
A typical day at work consists of making sure all purchased items are paid for if my title is loss prevention that that. Working at BJ's I've learned it is essential to have good people skills. The management is very friendly towards me as well as other coworkers.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
would like to have more opportunities to learn other departments
proactive fun motivated
Recovery Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
work with great people the customer are great with us.
they listen to your request if asked. understand your needs for what you need to do your job. work as a team
i really liked this job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYJuly 14, 2018
I liked this job a lot but i was fired due to a snow storm trapping me inside my house .i really enjoyed working with the customers and learning new things about peoples days as this job progressed.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
fire too easily
Fun workplace
Baker (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJuly 14, 2018
The store management and customers were great to work with. I met my goals every month with creative techniques and was well awarded for my efforts. It was fun while I was employed there. I moved to an area that didn't have a store within 50 miles
Great fast paced job
Cashier, Customer Service and Frontline Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, NYJuly 13, 2018
Its great for those who like to work in a fast paced environment. Sometimes it can be stressful dealing with certain type of people. The only thing is that they don't pay very well and minimum wage is about to catch up to me and I have been there for 3 years.
Pros
love the fast pace
Cons
low pay
Good for a part time job
Deli Clerk/Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 13, 2018
This is a great place to work part-time, A typical day consist of slicing deli meat and cheeses for members, I also work in the meat department where I stock coolers with various meats,soups,cheeses,seafood, and breakfast meats, labeling fresh meats.
Pros
Flexible schedule if part time
Cons
Inconsistency with Store Management
no good
Overnight Stocker/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 13, 2018
would love to leave ASAP
to much work with only 2 or 3 worker a night
very poor management
under pay
verbal abuse
nothing enjoyable at this job
everything is hard at this job because of the management
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Nice place to work with friendly staff
Hourly Associate (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCJuly 12, 2018
Everyone who works here gets along great. You also get 3 breaks if u work more than 6 hrs. You would get 2 15's and a 30 min lunch. The 30 is the only break u clock out for. They also give u free food upstairs for your lunch break.
Pros
Free lunch, nice employees, free membership, good breaks
Cons
No full-time or overtime
had its ups and downs
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 12, 2018
if you wanted advancement you need to kiss up but also show you deserved it. meeting quotas isnt to hard if you know how to talk to people.the staff were mostly friendly. most people were employed 6 months or longer.
it just wasnt for me
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 11, 2018
Some days were steady, others were slow. Really the only time it was anything going on there was food stamp days, significant sport events, and hazardous weather panics. Management was not the best.
Team Work
Ticket/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 11, 2018
Everyone worked together in store 204. The managers are really outstanding individuals. But when it comes down to business they mean business. The managers gave a fair schedule and enough time for break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ's Wholesale Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss