BJ's Wholesale Club
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from BJ's Wholesale Club:

BJ's Wholesale Club Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA33 reviews
Very fast pace environment that requires great customer service skills. No set hours so you must be very flexible and be willing to work days and nights.
Overall I Loved My Co Workers but thats really it. If you are a person that is up to do anything make sure you don't let them know because they will make you do some stupid things and cover other people shifts or missing position shifts, training was long a pointless. You are not allowed for full time. Only 37.75 hours due to lunches which are required
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Management Just Talked but never helped
The managers do not help they ask you to do a job but dont know how to do what they are asking you. No communication from managers to staff sometimes the managers won't even talk to you
If you want to work part-time with no plan to advance this is a decent place to work. Pay is su-standard to most retail jobs. Schedule can be very different from week to week.
Pros
Membership card
Cons
Sub-standard pay, management is not great
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Dont expect much here, management plays favoritism, they treat you like a number everything is half done and ghetto you should only consider if you are desperate and have no other choice. You have been warned this place is trash reconsider.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything, managment doesnt know how to manage
BJs was honestly not that bad. In most cases the managers were fair and tried to help out when you need it. At the location I worked at they were very biased. People got treated differently and not like a discrimination thing it was more like unfriendliness for no reason.
Pros
Free lunches but mostly pork stuff which some people can't eat
Cons
It is my first job so far so good
Great environment

Nice coworkers

Not boring always tasks to do

Flexible hours

Greatest and sociable manager ever

Free lunch break food and a huge break room
BJ's is a great company to work for, they provide excellent benefits for full-time team members. They offer paid training to better equipped you and increase your skill sets.
A good place for your first job but you will be call to cover other peoples' shifts all the time i don't recommend being a cashier any other position is better
In my experience nothing really makes the company stand out. They display the same expectations and descriptions as any other company in the market. It is a good place to begin a career.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Confusing/unlikly expectations
Great Company to work for!! Benefits are great, excellent employee incentives. Very fast paced, must have excellent customer service skills. Awesome prices and great selection of merchandise!
I have been working there since the store open six years ago and it has been a great experience, things change a lot and for the most part is usually for the better. The team members and managers are great and very willing to work with you. Its a great job and good place to work for make good money and if thats the type of career you want its a great place for advancement as well
Pros
free memberships
Cons
Easy job for those needed to get on their feet. Easy to learn. Constant contact with members. Various sections to work in and gain experience. Always have an up beat personality.
loved working at the many locations that i was at.It allowed me to meet so many different people and personalities and learn so much about the retail world.
Pros
meet great people, good benifits
Cons
hard work
B.J.'s is a decent place to work. You can move up if you work hard, but feel there's a cap to your growth. Pay could be better, but is BETTER than most places.
Opening this new store in Gainesville, VA was awesome to be part of and thought I could move up in the company. I liked it for a while, then it got to be boring for me and I did everything right.
worked there for 3 years enjoyed it working overnight, great and safe environment pay was decent and working with others was great but could have been mangers though
The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because I needed the money. The customers all felt as though they were privileged and therefor treated staff poorly. I was over-worked, underpaid, and with zero benefits.
During my time at BJ's Wholesale Club, I rarely had times where I wasn't working, but in a positive way. I was constantly busy pushing carts, but in my breaks, I found that my co-workers were sociable, creating a friendly and happy environment to work in.
family friendly staff
competitive pay

flexible hours

great benefits

a typical day at work consisted of assisting customer with their purchases, returns, or questions
A great place to work and shop. Well stocked of a variety of merchandise. Benefit package was great. Advancement opportunity. Providing customers with a different way to shop and to see the advantages of a wholesale club at its best. They accept coupons too.