BJ's Wholesale Club Employee Reviews in Bronx, NY

Found 69 reviews matching the search See all 3,406 reviews
Featured review
BJ's Wholesale Club selected this as a representative review
Excellent Company
Field Membership Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 4, 2019
Wonderful company with opportunities and flexibility.
I enjoyed uncapped commissions, autonomy and support. Very friendly people. Management was very supportive about coaching and always available to answer questions.
Pros
Uncapped commissions, Pto, Flexibility
Cons
Unrealistic sales quotas, high pressure, job security
constant work and alot of it but coworkers were good
Clerk/Baker (Former Employee) –  610 Exterior Street, The Bronx, NY 10451July 9, 2019
Working at Bj's was a lot of work their was always something that need to be done because of how fast everything goes. helping customers with find a product they wanted or helping them fill out the order form. can help break up the monotony of just baking or packing.
Unacceptable
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 14, 2019
Dont work together as a team the way that their suppose to, and rhere is alot of favoritism within the company, and the managers need to be more fair.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare overall help
To Much Drama
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 25, 2019
If you want to work somewhere with a lot of drama then this is your perfect job. Everyone talks about everyone behind their backs and it’s no privacy. There’s to much drama between the workers and guest.
Pros
2 -3 breaks
Cons
Everything else
Busy Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 25, 2019
Bjs is a very busy place a lot of customer easy to get along with the customers and co-workers give you training doesn't matter how long you take for your training.
Pros
Free breakfast on Fridays
Cons
No great benefits
Place is a joke.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 20, 2019
Every employee is just a number there. They don't care at all for your well being. And when they done they get rid of you and replace you for another number.
Customer Service friendly environment
Asset Protection Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 29, 2018
A typical day as a Asset Protection Manager starts off with reviewing all reports of items returned, possible theft in club and a daily inventory count of high priced items. Often times, the asset protection manager works hand and hand with all other managers in regards to problematic inventory discrepancies concerning stock items.In addition, I may also review cameras for other law force agencies. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing investigations and problem solving for customer's needs.
Pros
Great 401k, unlimited sick time and vacation, unlimited overtime when premittable
Cons
Long work hours, stressful work environment, and grueling encounters with unsatisfied customers
Productive and challenged job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 16, 2018
I have learned to be flexible on the cash register. It was a challenge work place.
As i adapt to the enviroment i develpod strength and competitive at the job. customer like my paced at the job compliment as a fast in the register.
Pros
challenge
Cons
adapt the supevisor ways and find to solution to the pace of the enviroment
Loved bjs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 1, 2018
Bjs was one of my first jobs. It was amazing. Made so many great friendships my time being there. Management was great and so understanding. Schedules were flexible. Lots of room for advancement. Your hard work never goes unnoticed. It can be a little busy at times but it makes time go faster. You get two breaks one 15 min break (paid) and another 30 min break (unpaid) Bjs is a great place if you want to make money.. depending on location of course. Oh and Sunday’s were time and a half!! I lover Sunday’s
Pros
Time and a half Sunday’s, free lunch Friday’s, weekly pay, good staff
loved it
Membership Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 18, 2018
i was one of the first to open thier new store in riverdale ave in the bronx it was like a big family i was sad when i left but i was able to make great friends iam still in contact with
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 14, 2018
As a major retailer, BJ's Wholesale Club must hire cashiers on a regular basis. Typical work responsibilities include greeting customers, ringing up purchases, and answering questions about products and services.
very physical job, long hours
Front Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 10, 2018
your day can start at 8-4pm but if someone calls out you leave at 11pm - very long hours, pay is minimum wage, if you didn't lift weights before you will need to, big, bulky and heavy products, short breaks, you have to be managements pet if you want to be promoted
Pros
good exercise
Cons
short breaks, no advancement, everybody is part time
N/a
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 23, 2018
i honestly would not recommend working for this company, the company wants you to go above and beyond and dont offer promotions and also have a horrible pay rate.
Fast paced Wholesale Club
Memebership Acquisition Retention Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 3, 2018
Great place to start a career after you get out of college.

Friendly Culture to work in .

Competitive compensation and benefits.

Lots of rom for advancement .

The managers coach and develop great skills that you can take on for the rest of your career.
Productive And fun workplace for young people or students
Asset Protection, Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 21, 2018
Productive and fun place for young people looking for a part-time job with flexible schedule, good environment to work for young people or adult that only need a low income to keep all their goverment benefits
Pros
flexible shedules
Cons
low wages
validating work can help us get the job done.
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 13, 2018
People always have the work set out but there is not a meaning ful place. We see a environment getting out of control. But we tend to operate in a fine manner.
Typical night for me at BJs
Overnight Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 22, 2018
A typical night at Pjs consists of me operating the forklift and assist with stocking many shelves and pantries with various products. After I complete that I assist with cleaning the floors with the floor scrubber. Ask of anyone needs any assistance before handing out tasks to other coworkers.
Good for experience work place
Cart retriever/ Recovery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 2, 2018
Bjs was my first job ever, and i will say it’s a good job to start off with and gain experience. My time there as a cart retriever has defined me as a hard worker.
environment
Warehouse/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 30, 2018
the work environment here has always been my favorite. working here was always so much fun and if i could go back i would do it all over again. simply great.
It's good place to work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 16, 2017
I like working there great place,I take care of members I also checked out members and guard the store ,the most hard part is when a member comes in to argue about why we don't have a item they looking for,
Pros
Free lunch on Friday
Respectful environment to work in
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 21, 2017
It is a fairly easy job. The company is welcoming to new people and makes sure current employees are comfortable. Working there I learned how to serve great customer service no matter the situation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ's Wholesale Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at BJ's Wholesale Club.

Powered by Comparably