BJ's Wholesale Club Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Found 141 reviews matching the search See all 3,333 reviews
Featured review
BJ's Wholesale Club selected this as a representative review
Excellent Company
Field Membership Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 4, 2019
Wonderful company with opportunities and flexibility.
I enjoyed uncapped commissions, autonomy and support. Very friendly people. Management was very supportive about coaching and always available to answer questions.
Pros
Uncapped commissions, Pto, Flexibility
Cons
Unrealistic sales quotas, high pressure, job security
Bjs Summary
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 17, 2019
Working at BJs’s on a daily basis takes a lot of work. Working in such a big retail store has a lot of requirements such as communication skills, problem solving, learning how to take responsibility etc. I’ve learned that working with people you don’t know can be one of the best things in your life, they become your team partner. I loved BJs a lot as a job and even more for the people who I’ve worked with it was always positive vibes and everyone looked after one another and helped one another. One of the hardest part of working at BJs’s was to try my best and help customers with things that I know couldn’t of been done right away just so they can leave satisfied. There’s days when the job isn’t so busy and the coworkers n I could take a little relaxing break and laugh for a minute.
Bad management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYJuly 13, 2019
From the time I started working there till I worked my last day that store had been through 4 GMs and the last one is HORRIBLE!! There’s like 2 managers that are actually decent people. The rest of them think you’re a robot. Terrible place in general.
It was nice. I would still ne there if i diidn movetobe so far away.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  DelawareJuly 7, 2019
I loved my co workers and my customers. They were awesome. I love doing cashier work. I love people. My work ethics were good. The hours were usuallly different.
It's ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJune 27, 2019
Pay is low and hours are terrible but the co-workers are great. There are some customers that are a joy and make the day worth it but then you have the customers that think they are better than everyone else.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Snobby customers
Great Job
Cashier/Customer Service/Self-Checkout/Recovery (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 25, 2019
Bjs was my first job and I really enjoyed it. I made some mistakes but I had to pay for my action even though they weren’t severe mistakes. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Lack of communication
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 13, 2019
The managers act as if they do not care about the employees. There was times when members will try to fight me because of the dumb policies, the member gets a free year membership for the difficulty. It does not make any type of sense. There was one time when I was called a very racist/hurtful term that I had to take a break from being on register, once I told the managers I had gotten written up for leaving my post disregarding what I have been called.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Stop giving employees expired food in the break room, Stable communication between mangers
Stressful Enviroment
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAJune 2, 2019
This place of business is a very stressful place to work. I would not recommend it to others. The only thing that makes my job worth going in to is some of my coworkers.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Managers play favorites, stressful, lack of care for employee, lack of job security
Decent for part time
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 18, 2019
The hours were inconsistent. It was easy to manage everything else in your life because there were barely any work hours. It was decent for someone who had another job anyway.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Hours, Management, coverage, staffing
Quick paced, worked with public regularly
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 17, 2019
Enjoyed working with the public and greeting each face. Made sure that there shopping experience was enjoyable and that they wanted to return soon. There was certain managers that were friendlier than others. The good ones were willing to help you out quickly with any questions that occurred.
Pros
Meeting new people constantly, face paced
Cons
Having to stand, and bend on a regular basis. Was very tiring, especially being pregnant.
Dissappointed
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAApril 29, 2019
Some companies favor their employees. Bjs takes us for granted. The manager has ruined the spirit of us all. I assume the corporate structure, culture, and atmosphere is just as disappointing and shallow.
Pros
Nothing outstanding vs other retail jobs.
Cons
None creative or ambitious people needed here.
Great Coworkers, Challenging Location
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, MAApril 15, 2019
The work itself is completely reasonable; the best people I work with are the ones that leave their outside drama at the door, show up on time, do their job and go home. I really feel I learned to do as I'm told and as I'm told to do so at BJ's. Following the lead of my supervisors has helped me be more open minded about how I handle business in the workplace. The vast majority of workers do their best to stay busy their whole shift, and managers typically keep this sentiment strong with proper supervision. The tough part of the job was that the club itself was smaller than most other locations, and therefore had a smaller selection and less services. I will say I love a better 90% of the people I work with on a regular basis and really value the friendships I've developed while working at BJ's.
Pros
Good environment, strong management
Cons
poor location
needs some update
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCApril 9, 2019
management and supervisor has favorite. if they don't like you they find any little thing to blame you for. other than that some co-worker was ok to work with.
Busy work place
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 8, 2019
I enjoyed this job a lot because I was always occupied which meant it kept my eyes off the clock and made the time go faster to me. After a while though they cut hours and days for everyone due to letting others have an experience with the job as well
Pros
I lived one block away and paid sick days
Cons
short work schedule
Fun And Exciting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLMarch 27, 2019
Bj's Was and still is a great place to work. Hours and Hourly pay just didn't agree with my school schedule. So I needed To look for another oppertunity.
Good Coworkers, poor management, bad scheduling
Cashier Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYMarch 12, 2019
BJs is a good company to work for. I enjoyed the beginning of it but as you grow with the company it’s hard to move up and management isn’t good with promotions. Also they call you in a lot and give you TONS of hours, which is good and bad. I ended up doing more than my job description because people didn’t pull their own weight and left it for others to do. It’s easy 85% of the time and stressful the other 15%
Pros
Free membership for you and 3 people
Cons
Do more work than you have to
Poor Management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Watchung, NJFebruary 19, 2019
Bj’s is a horrible place to work at. They expect to give you full time hours but no full time benefits and you don’t get paid as much. The managers are very rude and think just because you’re an employee they can treat you as bad as they want.
Cons
Short breaks
Problems with Management
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MAFebruary 5, 2019
When I worked at BJ's I didn't have much of a problem, but after a while I started to feel like I was constantly being told I wasn't doing good enough, and like my job at BJ's could've been taken away. On several occasions my job was threatened for no apparent reason. As a part time place to work, it's ok, but I'd recommend working somewhere else.
Free food and break room
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 8, 2018
It is my first job so far so good
Great environment
Nice coworkers
Not boring always tasks to do
Flexible hours
Greatest and sociable manager ever
Free lunch break food and a huge break room
Fast pace workplace
Customer Service/Membership Desk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OH 44130November 18, 2018
I loved working here and had fun doing it with my enjoyable co workers. There were tough times, but it was easy to learn fast. I liked that I mainly worked at the Membership desk, but it was nice that I could sometimes cashier if they needed extra help; so it wasn't the same thing everyday.
Bj whole sale
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTNovember 6, 2018
i did the most of work as a cashier
If they needed ppl i will help out pushing carts in the build
Then move me from cashier
To the meat Department to stock the meat on the floor
Clean the frozen
Mop and clean the kitchen self
Make sure everything was all correct before the other shift come in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ's Wholesale Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss