BJ's Wholesale Club Employee Reviews for Member Services Representative

Found 135 reviews matching the search See all 3,311 reviews
Featured review
BJ's Wholesale Club selected this as a representative review
Excellent Company
Field Membership Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 4, 2019
Wonderful company with opportunities and flexibility.
I enjoyed uncapped commissions, autonomy and support. Very friendly people. Management was very supportive about coaching and always available to answer questions.
Pros
Uncapped commissions, Pto, Flexibility
Cons
Unrealistic sales quotas, high pressure, job security
Friends from school worked there
Cashier/Member Services (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, MD 21122July 10, 2019
It was great when busy - night went quick. No day hours avail for part timers though. There were often team member appreciation lunches and we always went home on time.
Most enjoyable part
Member Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 30, 2019
Definitely your coworkers. they really are like a second family. Management is pretty lazy and supervisors have to pick up their slack and get most of the blame
Pros
Snacks in break room
Last resort
Member Services Associate (Former Employee) –  VAJune 8, 2019
Take it if you need it other than that apply elsewhere. Favoritism is always an issue. Poor management. No communcation. Same or new people get recognized but not so much the ones that have been around for a long time. Doing more than your job description and not getting paid for it.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Pay
Love my job
Member ship Representative B2B (Current Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIMay 31, 2019
I am temporary hoping to be permanent when the club opens in Taylor MI. I have the BEST manager and team 😀. I live BJS and it has not opened yet. I’m a Pre sale membership sales rep . Highly recommend.
Pros
Pay, work / life balance, mgmt is awesome, free snacks, great work culture
Cons
Temporary for now
bjs
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  East Setauket, NYMay 22, 2019
Fine place to work. Pay is very low but they have many hours to choose from as they are open until 11 most nights. Management is good in some areas and terrible in others.
Stay away
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMay 22, 2019
Management is BEYOND terrible, favoritism is clear. You get written up for petty stuff. Supervisors harass AND bully you, when you try to tell a manager it gets brushed off.
Pros
Free membership, leaving
It's not the worst.
Member Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTMay 15, 2019
It's not the worst if you can handle dealing with the public, both good and bad. Management has it's ups and downs, just like everywhere, but there are at times some unrealistic expectations and goals for the Membership team and cashiers which creates an added pressure to the job that gets annoying at times. The weekly paycheck would be nicer if the hourly rate was as competitive as other stores. Every Friday there's usually food in the break room for the team members, including finger-foods, sandwich makings, desserts and beverages.
Pros
Friday food
Cons
Compensation
pros and cons
Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAMay 13, 2019
It was a good place to work BUT the people just like to talk about everyone and pass judgement very quickly.
I was the youngest supervisor and was told to by management to follow specific rules but the older ones that have been there longer were able to just not follow so it was frustrating.
Pros
good pay
Cons
other employees
It’s fun!
Member Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAApril 19, 2019
Its a good workplace!! I enjoy learning and this is the place to learn! I learned how to do a little bit of everything so I am well oriented with the club!
Pros
Learning, Advancement in the work place
Cons
Not much
A lot to learn but stressful
MEMBER SERVICE REP, DELI CLERK, CASH OFFICER CLERK (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 5, 2019
My experience working at Bjs for 5 years was a lot to take in. I had the opportunity to work different positions but there wasn't room to grow. It was very stressful with dealing with the customers on a daily basis and also with management. It was very pushy and was seen as to exceed to the max without any real guidance or help. Earlier, as stated I was able to learn different positions but had to force-ably ask about it. The location I was apart of was very busy but one thing is that I wouldn't trade it. I was able to meet some very nice people that I worked with and did learn from the positions I was in.
Poorly run
Members Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCFebruary 23, 2019
The manager has prob with truthfulness speak in condensing tones. Always want to lnow how you feel about him. Does very little to honor your availability
Pros
The members are good people
Cons
The company has triple standard and really don't care how you are insulted
Middle managers are not qualified to do their job
Member services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCFebruary 20, 2019
For the most part a fun place to work. I enjoyed working with my teammates but my immediate supervisor was totally unqualified for his position
He played favorites and promoted people who had little or no experience in a leadership role. If you complained about anything you would be punished by having your hours cut or put in a position a level lower than what you were hired for. There was a lot of harrassment going on in the club I worked in but no one seemed to care either in the club or at the corporate level. Eventually I had to leave a job I loved because I couldn't get anyone to pay attention to the harrassment and discrimination I had to deal with.
Pros
Wonderful fellow teammembers
Cons
Hostile environment. Just do you job and never complain.
Great customer service skill required
Member Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 20, 2019
Very fast pace environment that requires great customer service skills. No set hours so you must be very flexible and be willing to work days and nights.
sucks
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEJanuary 7, 2019
bjs sucks management has no idea what they are doing. working for this company had me feeling beat down every night. the schedules were always off and they made me work at night.
Terrible place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, MADecember 29, 2018
Management was terrible. Rules were all over the place. No benefits. Hours subject to be cut any time during the week to "payroll" Terrible senior management during the 2013-2015 fiscal years.
BJs Membership Desk
Member Service (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MANovember 29, 2018
Fast-paced, somewhat stressful environment, standing on your feet for long periods of time, collaborative, work with fellow desk members and managers,
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Standing for long periods
Great customer skills, time management, quick at solution problems, fast pace
Member Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 12, 2018
At BJ's I would run the frontline, that has to do with the cashiers, the service desk, the front door, and any problems that happen throughout the store if it is member wise.
not fun
Member Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYNovember 2, 2018
it actually kinda sucked here lol but i dont really know what else to say its gross and unsanitary and the people arerude. lots of drama there all the time
Fun Environment
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTOctober 22, 2018
I absolutely love BJ's. I learned so much! I always loved shopping there; therefore, I felt I could give my best and honest opinion whenever dealing with customers.
Unrealistic expectations but an okay working environment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Freeport, NYOctober 19, 2018
At member services you're responsible for signing members up for credit cards and upgrades to their membership. The only issue me and some other employees have is that the goals are unrealistic. Many members already have the credit cards because they shop there regularly. Management gets upset when goals arent met but continie to give members free trials. Who would want to pay when they can get membership for free?
Also, they need to get rid of paper coupons. Members complain about them. They rip often, some dont work like they should and its a waste of paper. Make them automatic/clipless.
Management are good people and employees are great but morale is low in member services. Otherwise the job would be close to perfect.
Pros
Free membership for self and 4 people
Cons
Signing up members for trials Bjs mails out will get you in trouble. It makes no sense.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ's Wholesale Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight