BJ's Wholesale Club Employee Reviews

Found 3,242 reviews matching the search See all 3,245 reviews
Featured review
BJ's Wholesale Club selected this as a representative review
Excellent Company
Field Membership Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 4, 2019
Wonderful company with opportunities and flexibility.
I enjoyed uncapped commissions, autonomy and support. Very friendly people. Management was very supportive about coaching and always available to answer questions.
Pros
Uncapped commissions, Pto, Flexibility
Cons
Unrealistic sales quotas, high pressure, job security
Productive, fast pace, family atmosphere.
Overnight manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 14, 2019
Tough and fast pace environment that will make or break you but it's a wonderful company to work for and they will always have opportunities to grow. Just put the work in. Great 401k plan, great medical benefits.
This job is fun if you make it fun and hours to work for everybody
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2019
This job can be stressful at time and good at times there and hours for everybody also. There are all type of job types in there you can be whatever you want to be for the period of time you there
Lack of communication
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 13, 2019
The managers act as if they do not care about the employees. There was times when members will try to fight me because of the dumb policies, the member gets a free year membership for the difficulty. It does not make any type of sense. There was one time when I was called a very racist/hurtful term that I had to take a break from being on register, once I told the managers I had gotten written up for leaving my post disregarding what I have been called.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Stop giving employees expired food in the break room, Stable communication between mangers
Very bad wouldn't reccomend
Deli Clerk/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJune 12, 2019
Management treats employees like lower humans. No eye contact. They don't even say good morning. Pt co workers are great but call out ALOT. Hard work for low wage
Not a good place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 11, 2019
Understaffed and has many management issues. Poor schedules especially for rush hour. Every department has poor schedules and rarely has enough people working. Lines at the registers are almost always horrific. I would not recommend working at this location.
It was a quiet and nice place to work and get along with Co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 10, 2019
Being a cashier at Bj's was very nice. I got time tk geg out of the house and interact with others and see how the real world is. I also enjoyed dealing with money and exchanging with customers.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Short breaks
Try to find a job somewhere else
Deli Clerk / Tire Sales and Installation (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 10, 2019
They care less about their workers Managers will not speak up for their workers for fear of losing their own jobs They also take the word of a trainee over The guy that’s training him .
Pros
Cons
Many
Not a fun place to work
Cashier, Recovery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLJune 9, 2019
cashier, customer service, Learned nothing substantial. management varies from day to day and depends on what they need at the time. The customers are who make it what it is.
Pros
Most days there are free food in the lunch room
Cons
they insist on you taking your breaks.
Last resort
Member Services Associate (Former Employee) –  VAJune 8, 2019
Take it if you need it other than that apply elsewhere. Favoritism is always an issue. Poor management. No communcation. Same or new people get recognized but not so much the ones that have been around for a long time. Doing more than your job description and not getting paid for it.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Pay
try not to work at bjs of riverdale nj
Stocker (Current Employee) –  riverdale njJune 8, 2019
wow I am embarrassed to say I even work at bjs of riverdale , bjs had a hiring event here a few weeks back , bunch of new people that no nothing , and of course with new hires , my hours are now reduced to give new people who aren't worth a dam hours , how does this make sense hire a bunch of part timers that I have to train , meanwhile of course the managers keep all there hours go figure , now im struggling I want to stay but the management here if you have a problem or issue to deal with the managers make it out to seem that the problem is me , simply poor management , constantly you will see yhe managers all huddled together laughing it up hanging out on there cell phones in a corner or talking to there kids for 30 mins to up to an hour consider another job other then bjs of riverdale nj, believe me its just getting worse here I don't even want to put down on my resume that I work here its embarassing
run away from bjs
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NJJune 7, 2019
management in riverdale nj is just horrible , I cant comprehend how the managers at every level are employed by bjs , ive never dealt with more incompetence and drama in my life from a manager before , just to get these managers off there cell phones to answer questions , or get help is unreal . imean believe me I new on my first day that I had made a big mistake . its amazing to me how dishonest managers at bjs in riverdale are , I mean complete liars and the managers look out for one another like some kind of club just pure immature management , the place should shut down and rehire everyone with management that wants to work instead of coming in to hang out with there buddies
Poorly ran
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Clay, NYJune 7, 2019
As a whole the company is poorly ran, management does not solve problems when they are reported to them, some managers make it seem like your the problem when you try to go to them about issues, all around a poor work environment
Exciting Times...Great Opportunity
Optical Manager (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJune 7, 2019
Been doing the Optical gig a very long time. This is a real opportunity, with great pay and benefits. US Vision is OUT (Thankfully) and BJs now controls the Optical. They are at the ground floor and building a better Optical. US Vision lacks leadership, creativity and trustworthiness. BJs has been nothing but forthright, honest and willing to listen to the people with experience. Most Clubs are growing and I am so glad for this opportunity.
Pros
Pay, benefits, food and willingness to listen.
Cons
Some long days
good starter job
customer service and store (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NY 12590June 6, 2019
The co-workers were nice, management was helpful. The break room was always stocked with good to eat- and the hours advanced as you grew in seniority. That being said, the equipment was always broken, and you always had that one co-worker that slowed everyone down.
Exploitative of Workers
Tire Bay Technician & Sales (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 6, 2019
I would not recommend anyone ever consider BJs for anything more than a temporary position. Their pay and scheduling follow the typical draconian model set by big box store companies. They will give you the minimum hours possible, pay you the minimum wage possible and will cut you in a moment if it will not violate any labor laws and will benefit their bottom line.
very demanding job
Overnight Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 6, 2019
very demanding work load .
the rules apply to some and not all
Upper management is very focused on customer service
nice and friendly employees also so dedicated employees
Decent place to work
Cashier & Recovery Department (Former Employee) –  Township of Ocean, NJJune 5, 2019
I enjoyed my time at BJ's as a cashier, the customers were pleasant and I enjoyed helping others. BJ's is a stable place to work, I was there for seven years.
Managment don't know how to run a company and they were unfair with everyone
Recovery Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 5, 2019
Treated people badly, alot of stress, they don't know how to run a company and the managers are childish, they have u do so many things at once they expect so much out of u when ur only one person.
was ok to work
Overnight stocker (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJune 5, 2019
stocking organizing learned how to stock the shelves the management was ok work culture was poor the was no hard part of the job most enjoyable part of the job was when the job was done
Pros
getting paid
Cons
no benefits
Ok overall
Warehouse Associate / Assembler (Former Employee) –  New TampaJune 3, 2019
Certified forklift operator, Standing reach lift. Cherry picker. Load off load trucks upon delivery. Main club ready and stocked for next buisness day.
Pros
Free lunch was supplied
Cons
At times was unorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ's Wholesale Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight