BJ Services Employee Reviews

I can never recommend BJ services for anyone that has focus
Field Operator II (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 13, 2019
I’m working with BJ Services , hope that my life have been better and any company that calls me, I have to let them know that I had a job because i don’t want to be moving from Pilar to pole and not knowing that I’m with a bad company , They hired me with F/O 2 and all of a sudden they changed it to F/O 1 and I talked to them about it and they said they’re going to fix it not knowing that they’re going to lay me off . Please i am begging to keep off from BJ services company
Well balance work place
Shop Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVApril 10, 2019
Liked working there and was totally shocked when came to work one day and was told that they were closing their doors. At first all were locating to other states but they they decided to shut down completely.
Pros
In shop work place
Cons
Short notice of shut down
Good money if you are working
Field Operator 5 (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 2, 2019
BJ pays good and I get 140-200+ hours a pay period. Management sucks, 1 min they lay off and demote then they hire more guys. The most stressful part of this job is that you may be next to be layed off or be demoted because it don't matter who you are or your title. And the fact that we keep hearing that we are gonna be bought out by someone else. Equipment is horrible and not maintained very well. This company is going in the ground quick fast and in a hurry. And if you are not on a crew you will spend 3-4 days at the man camp till you get to work again
Pros
Mancamp, pay
Cons
management and fear of being bought out and layed off
District Engineer
District Engineer and Cementing Manager (Former Employee) –  Venezuela-Houston USAMarch 28, 2019
Excellent and equable company. As a service company for oil wells, it is great because it teaches, shares and is very professional in the decisions made.
Pros
Good training and Operation support
Cons
Long distances between work sites
Not Good to work for No Advancement
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OKMarch 27, 2019
I have been here for over two and never gotten a raise in pay or advancement opportunity, when everyone in my department went to class there was no money for me to go.
Great advancement opportunities
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMarch 26, 2019
BJ was a great company to work for if you were looking for advancement @ your own pace. The m management team would do anything to help you het ahead in your career.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Alot of hours and good pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMarch 21, 2019
Over all a good company to work for. A lot of hard hours but good pay. They respected your time off and would not call you on your days off or have you work into vacation or scheduled days off.
Pros
Work around your schedule
Cons
Promotions and raises are slow
Awesome place
Laboratory Technician/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 20, 2019
I loved working at BJ Services. It was a great experience. I wish there was some type of advancement within the company. People and manager there was amazing. Loved working there.
Pros
Family lifestyle work environment.
Cons
No room to advance
Great Place
Coil Tubing Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXMarch 20, 2019
Highly effective management professional emphasizing innovation and creativity in solving complex problems. Energetic and results-focused with success in developing and leading diverse teams to achieve outstanding results. Versatile and innovative management professional skilled at seeing the “big picture” while still also focusing on the details. Expertise in company development and streamlining processes and systems, Seasoned oilfield professional who excels in establishing excellent working relationships with customers, employees, vendors and contractors. Over 11 years of coiled tubing, thru tubing/fishing and coil fracking in the fast paced oil industry and getting it done in a very safe manner.
On call 15 days and off 6
Field Leader III (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 19, 2019
Good money but comes with a price. Can be stressful at time and leadership has no real direction. sometimes it seemed only the brown noses were rewarded with promotion but you will have that everywhere.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of equality
Love this job
Equipment Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKMarch 16, 2019
Hard and demanding work but will teach you skills you didnt know you had if you are in Oklahoma you need to work in the oilfield cause it will chamge youre life
Pros
Experience
Cons
No breaks gotta be tough
Could be better, but the grass isn't always greener on the other side
Frac Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 5, 2019
BJ is okay came in at a good wage. hard to get raises. Mgn needs a lot of work. As far as telling u what u want to hear and not being transparent. Went from 19 hours a day to 15hrs lost work from EOG in NM Jagged Peak, WPX, Wishbone, Headington, and on an on
Pros
Per diem, free housing good healthcare
Cons
Mng lying to employees and losing work, HR don't care
Productive and fun
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYMarch 5, 2019
Was a great place to work got to learn lots of equipment and move up in advancement was a great place to work and the people was always fun to be around.
Started Off Great
Operator (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OKMarch 2, 2019
Management really took a nose dive, no support. Work life balance is what you make out of it, great pay for working 2/3 out of the year. Would be a great place to work if the company wasn’t ran by Sanjel engineers.
Average within it's peers in the oil and gas industry
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 1, 2019
My review is not of consequence for those wishing to acquire a position within the Oil and gas industry. Due diligence is to be conducted on an individual basis and to your particular standards with your goal in mind.
Pros
Above average benefits
Cons
Path diversion between employee's and management
Was a good place at one time.
Not saying due to management retaliation (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OKMarch 1, 2019
You have heard bad management can turn a great team into unhappy, unproductive, and force good employees out. That is BJ services. Management in Tomball is out of touch with the industry as a whole and local managers are spiteful and vindictive. Inspite of that my local team has over performed with little resources and no management from head office. BJ lacks any vision and has squandered good contracts and employees. I am riding it out only until I can find a place with decent pay and a chance for advancement.
Pros
Pay, co-workers
Cons
Management management management
Wasnt there long enough to give any opinion
Field operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Mill Hall, PAFebruary 27, 2019
Got hired Jan 23 2019 flew to Tomball for training and a month later layed off from mill hall pa due to loss of contracts never work for again they did alot of lying
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Deceptive about how much work they had
Enjoyed employement with company
OFFSHORE SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAFebruary 23, 2019
This was a very tedious, specified job to maintain inventory and safety of employees and equipment on the rigs. I learned more completion of gas wells in Gulf of Mexico and in Continental US. As a supervisor I learned how to interact effectively with employees and representatives from other companies. The hardest part of the job was long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction and delivery of products.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
time away from home
Bj
Field Leader 1 (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX 79763February 21, 2019
My coordinator was a chemadd operator before he blew someone off and landed the coordinator position. He thought rate affected the density and would borrow out our equipment that we needed in a regular basis that causes us downtime on numerous accounts. All I wanted to do was see the company succeed and could not get promoted. Lost three crews due to poor Managment in one year. Paid well though. Great bonus program.
Pros
Great bonus program, good pay
Cons
Managment
N/a
Field Engineer 2 (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 20, 2019
terrible management. job overall was good but management needs to be changed. no one are about their employees. all the people in the office are friends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJ Services. Our community is ready to answer.