Play YouTube video button

BJC HealthCare Employee Reviews

United States1,993 reviews
Found 1,993 reviews matching the search
Featured review
BJC HealthCare selected this as a representative review
Constantly Comparing
Relocated out of STL to Palm Springs and really miss this place. My first nursing job was with BJC and I was certainly spoiled by the support of fellow nurses, working relationships/friendships, cutting edge technology. The training program for new nurses was absolutely stellar! As one of the worst kept secrets in the nursing profession, established nurses "eat their young", I never felt this way working at BJC. It was kind of a blessing yet a curse because I constantly compare my experience here to other places I have worked and none have come close. I would definitely return if I were to move back to STL.
Pros
Pay, learning opportunities, room for growth
Cons
No other place like it.
Official response from BJC HealthCare
April 22, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are honored to have you on the team.
The location and the hours are good for me
Me and my co-workers got along fine we help each other out but sometimes a man's hair got on us for something and he's a real trying to accomplish what time is the main chair, and start screaming and hollering at you in front of everyone I did not like that if if the manager has something to say to me he did call me in the office and talk to me like a man
Good place to learn new skills and enhance the ones you have.
7:30 to 4 or 7 to 5:30 work day, teaching hospital environment with many imaging residents learning to scan. Management mildly unwilling to compensate sonograghers for their expertise. imaging is very exacting but gives a sense of pride for a job well done. Radiologists and Fellows very highly trained.
work place a lot of walking and lifting
busy, very hot, demanding, overload, a lot of walking and lifting through out the day. We are short staff a lot which make the work load heavier than a normal day.
Stay away
Bjc puts money before patient care and their employee's well being. They will run you into the ground. If I could give negative stars for an overall rating I absolutely would.
Wear comfortable shoes you will be on your feet most of your shift.
This job is what you make it .Stay positive and willing to change because nothing goes the way you think it should. This job will humble you and teach you alot about people.
Worth considering
I am extremely grateful for the opportunity that Boone Hospital gave me. I had no experience working in a hospital before. I have found my job very rewarding.
Great For those who would like to Advance
The Amount of programs BJC has is Great . please Take advantage of all the resources given . security with patients is risky don't do anyting that would make the patient feel threatened .
Many Project Management Opportunities
In light of the recent staff downsizing (including my role) due to COVID, my fellow managers, and other IT resources were a great collection of talented people whom I really enjoyed working with. There was, and still is, much flux in organizational structure and procedures that presents challenges and uncertainties to a relatively new employee,
I give this place a 5 star thumps up
I love working for this company I have fun while I was working for BJC and the medical field I've been in this field now for 15 years I also love working with other people children working in nursing homes I can sing that I have been a better person since I worked it at BJC for this long. Of time I felt like this company gave me the tools that I need to start it and I also love them as being my family he just don't see each other as I coworker to see each other as a family cuz I work hard every time I go to work and they ignored my job is beyond
BJC tenure
I had a very good work experience during my few months with the BJC Healthcare network. I gained value knowledge with troubleshooting hardware related to the medical field.
lots to do
Large team allowed for lots of team building and training opportunities. Sometimes a large team makes it harder to advance. You work a lot of hours to get your everyday job done.
Great place to work as a medical provider
Great culture with a focus on patient oriented clinically guided care. I always felt taken care of while working at a BJC hospital. They kept all providers up to date on all current guidelines.
Patient centered and true to values
Workplace values diversity and continual education to make bedside RNs and other employers more competent and confident in delivery individualized care.
Employee and patient safety is a top priority.
Not trust worthy
There was a handfull of co- workers that made the job fun. The company doesn't really care about their employees or it might be management. VERY UNORGANIZED!!!
Over all good.
Many of opportunities at BJC. Just be sure to network and love and enjoy the job you choose at this company. Overall a good place to work and have a successful career.
Great culture, secure future
Great culture, fantastic place to work. Benefits are excellent and always looking to be innovative in their approach to healthcare. Executive management change often results in other leadership changes, making way for new leaders, especially of African American employees.
BJC is one of the lowest paying Healthcare org in the St. Louis area.
They care more about $$$$ than the continuity and quality patient care. May God help you if you get hurt at work. They make it as hard as possible on you and and do not stand behind or care about their employees. I was hospitalized after WC was settled at Mo Bap. I suffered mental and physical abuse from nsg ontge ortho fllor floonurses a, can and therapist. nurse and
Zero managerial direction
I love what I do! However, the entity that I work for has zero management. No flow. Harassing conditions that are swept under the rug.
The patients need compassion and delicate care, however, lack of proper management has created a confusing, frustrating environment for patients and employees.
Great place to work and retire from !!
I love working for this company ! The benefits are excellent and it’s like one big family . I always come to work with a big smile on my face because I know I’m going to learn something new or meet a new person each and every day . The pay is very good for the job I do . I plan to retire from BJC .
Great workplace culture
BJC is a great place to work. It is a premier employer in the region and is recognized nationally for healthcare innovation and leadership. i enjoy the variety and career opportunities that BJC offers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJC HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight