Play YouTube video button

BJC HealthCare Employee Reviews

Featured review
BJC HealthCare selected this as a representative review
Awesome Learning Environment with Room For Advancement!
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 3, 2018
Great place to work that offers great learning opportunities. The immediate tuition assistance eligibility led me to start working on my masters through Webster at a highly discounted rate.

I can also see that theres definitely room for advancement and thats one of the things that led me to work at BJC!
Pros
Immediate tuition reimbursement, 401k match, pension program
Cons
n/a
BJC is a great hospital
Children's hospital (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 15, 2019
Working for children's was a blessing I love kids so to work with a staff that specializes in helping babies and heeling babies I was honored.I love to clean I've been doing housekeeping for over 10years I'm very personal and o work well with others I have plenty of experience and I love to work .
Outstanding employer
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 14, 2019
Senior A level executives are always friendly and respectful of all employees. I always was made to feel that what I do was important and appreciated.
Pros
Meal charges from cafeteria can be deducted from my paycheck.
Great benefits
Senior Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2019
Many employee perks, lacking some policies/procedures that would clarify job responsibilities and simplify training. Large turnover in physician practice staff.
forced review
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMarch 10, 2019
to ensure bake quality. No triple toppings or extra cheese. Certain toppings may be excluded from special offer pizzas or require additional charge. Additional t
Fast-paced, ever changing
Project Manager - Program Management Office (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 8, 2019
I have been at BJC for many years and have experienced many iterations of changes and transformation efforts. Challenging environment. Learned to adopt quickly to new processes and requirements under new CIO.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Outsourcing to Managed Services
N/a
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2019
BJC HealthCare is a good place to work. I don't like the fact that all paid time off is in the same bank. I believe that vacation, sick, holidays, and personal days should be separate..
Quality review
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 26, 2019
It was a quality company and a large employer for the STL area. It's a large hospital with opportunity for advancement if you are in the medical profession.
Fun and exciting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2019
BJC is a great company to work for I really do regret that I left the company. If given a chance I would definitely go back to working there. Great environment!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No cons
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Barnes Jewish but the commute was too long and I could not relocate. My manager was excellent and my position was very independent.

The culture was wonderful and working with many residents and their leaders was inspiring.
Bjc
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 20, 2019
Recruitment for positions at more than one BJC location. Heavy work recruitment load. I like when people get excited about their job offer. I am a part of team that works very hard.
Not a lot of opportunity for advancement
Office Manager, Center for Clinical Excellence (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2019
The culture is stressful. There is poor communication in my area. It is not what you know but who know that creates opportunities for advancement. Management can be less than supportive.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor heath insurance
Work life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63144February 17, 2019
The flexibility to work remotely a day or two a week if calendar allows is appreciated. Feeling appreciated by team is also important. Flex start times also a perk.
Supply Chain
Supply Distribution (Former Employee) –  Missouri BaptistFebruary 9, 2019
Worst decision in my job career to join this company. HR and management sell advancement at hire, never happens because 32 people have left out of 18 employees in department in a year! Extremely terrible management that continues hiring unqualified personnel, and will not advance current personal. NO ADVANCEMENT AND HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT!
Pros
Pto
Cons
Advancement and management
Enjoyed but long hours
Manager (Former Employee) –  St louisFebruary 5, 2019
LOVE this place
Big Campuses

Good quality hosptals with knowledgeable leaders

Good stability compared to other health systems
Lots of opportunity and advancement
Financial Statement Experience
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 25, 2019
Three Senior Accountants worked together to review the financial statements of BJC's Medical Group practices. Crunch-time each month wrapping up the previous month's financial statements.
Hostile work environment
Medial Secretary (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 25, 2019
The company on the whole is not too bad. I would not recommend the Sunset Hills office to anyone. There is poor management unqualified people in supervising positions. And with the management currently hear you were not allowed to have social conversation with your coworkers while on the clock. Unless you are the teachers pet so to speak
Cons
Poor/hostile work environment
Think again.
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILJanuary 18, 2019
The culture is a "eat your own" type of culture. Everyone is very gloomy and unhappy, particularly in the medical group. No one bothers to learn your name unless you have been there over 2 years because people quit or transfer often. There are a set of loyal people that have been in there positions for years, and their loyalty is often rewarded with more work.

Processes are changed often and there is rarely follow through on the things that are started. This company can be sold anything and will change software and vendors yearly. It is hard to grasp anything when you are constantly changing to a new program or process.

Tuition assistance and educational growth cant be topped. This is one of the best companies in the area for the educational opportunities they provide.
Pros
wonderful tuition
Cons
overworked, changes software programs often
Work place culture
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 17, 2019
"St. Louis Children’s Hospital will be the hallmark for quality pediatric care within our region, as well as nationally and internationally. As the flagship for a growing, integrated pediatric health-care network, we will lead the development of innovative, cost-effective approaches in prevention, primary care and specialty services, with the ultimate goal of improving the health of all children"
great place to work
REIMBURSEMENT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  st louis moJanuary 17, 2019
flexible work schedule room for growth
great advance opportunities for a medical career
people are friendly and helpful by all means possible. they offer great tuition reimbursement
Pros
casual dress code
Cons
no paid sick days
Awesome place
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 16, 2019
I absolutely LOVED working at BJC, the environment was amazing and the employees were so friendly and approachable, if the money were better, I would have definitely stayed there.
Pros
Wonderful people, relaxed environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJC HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight