BJC HealthCare Employee Reviews

Featured review
BJC HealthCare selected this as a representative review
Love bjc!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2018
Great place to work! The vast size, complexity and variety of our hospitals and service organizations provide for great career progression whilst remaining with BJC. Continual learning is highly encouraged.
Supply chain professional
Distribution Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 3, 2018
Great exposure to large scale supply chain operations. Management is very responsive to needs of employees. Great culture that is built upon a solid vision and mission.
Pros
Innovative technology
Cons
Repetitive
PeopleSoft HCM Conversion Developer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 1, 2018
I worked on a large project for BJC, and it was a wonderful experience. I feel like I was working with the best and the brightest in the software field, and enjoyed going into work every day.
Worked for BJC for ~2 years
Web Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2018
I worked for BJC many years ago, and the organization seemed to do quite a bit of good in the St. Louis area. The Marketing and Communications team was large and spread around the bi-state area.
Great people to work with
PI Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2018
It is great to work at a place where the work you do impacts people's health and well-being. The work is fun and challenging. The people are great to work with.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
St. Louis traffic
Very Stressful
Lead Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland, MOApril 23, 2018
Very understaffed, Poor management, New computer system and not much training on it besides fundamental training. Other departments get lots of help but billing department gets no help at all.
Work and personal life are way out of balance
Director of Talent Strategies (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 23, 2018
Be ready to work lots of hours, not always feel appreciated and be asked to do more with less. BJC has a great mission and does wonderful things in the St. Louis community however the work culture is not a positive experience.
Great place to work.
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2018
I have enjoyed my last 22 years working for such a company that makes people better. The highlight of my career was being able to attract and place the most talented individuals to care for the well-being and health of those they serve.
Pros
healthcare
over all not to bad to work at.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 18, 2018
get on phones at 8:00 am went on assigned breaks and lunch got off phones at 4:30.
that patients can be nice and mean
over all management was not bad
hardest when you are crazy with patients and no one helps out.
we would get together and have parties.
Pros
good pay
Cons
for me it was driving so far everyday
Varied, Difficult and Rewarding
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 12, 2018
It really depends on the team and management - if you get in with a good group, it rocks; if you don't, then it can become quite stressful. Decent benefits, but the expectation for some positions becomes unrealistic (Six Sigma) and overloading.
Busy
Register medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MO 63376April 11, 2018
Always something to do, very busy. Staff is friendly. Management is understanding and kind but communication could be better. Benefits are good and PTO hours really stack up if you don't miss any work.
Productive place to work
RMA (Former Employee) –  St Peters MissouriApril 11, 2018
Doctors are wonderful to work for, coworkers were us or great to work with. Good location. Good benefits. Fast paced and very productive. Coworkers knew their jobs and worked well with others.
Rewarding work with varying work assignments.
Senior Analyst, Sunrise Clinical Manger (SCM) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 7, 2018
Rewarding work with varying work assignments. Able to apply my skills in a multitude of different projects. Like being able to see the impact of my work on customers responses.
Freelance Designer
Freelance Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 5, 2018
I don't have too much to say, I enjoyed those that I worked within creative and I had a great manager. I was there for 5 months and moved on to procure a full time position elsewhere since my position was only freelance and I didn't always have a project to work on. I also needed benefits.
Na
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 4, 2018
Work day room patient, enter data, injections, prior auth, stock, order supplies, 40 hr weeks guaranteed, calling patients, rooming patients, delivering great customer service
Typical day
Activation Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 3, 2018
Fast paced, many strategic projects running simultaneously. Staff was expected to handle multiple projects including caring for patients and simultaneously maintain a work life balance.
Pros
PTO bank
Cons
Limited career opportunities
clerical work, aide work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2018
enter Dr orders answer phones
filing
customer service
pull charts
order supplies
patient care
vital signs and blood sugar readings
change bed linens
a
Corporate HR is clicky
Human Resources - Leave Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 26, 2018
I think corporate showed true colors of company. I learned things that were alarming to me. BJC has a political presence I do not agree with, very liberal.
Low pay
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 24, 2018
I have worked with BJC for 5 years now. The pay is poor. I have always had to work a part time position in addition to my full time position in order to remain financially stable. The highest raise I received was probably about 30 cent, generally it is even less. Also, positions are sometimes poorly advertised. Job posting are inaccurately described. For example, I take a high volume of calls, but that was never advertised in the posting or disclosed in my interview. The duties were greatly minimalized in the job posting in comparison to the duties I actually perform. The pay is not enough for the workload and stress I endure.
Pros
Job security
Cons
low pay
Staff Nurse let down
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  MissouriMarch 17, 2018
BJC Medical Group left me baffled as to how they could treat their good employees the way they do while protecting the employees that were destructive to not only their company but to their patients and coworkers. Lack of support to grow in your knowledge and skill base. Sadly disappointed in my personal treatment and experience as well as others I witnessed.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Coworkers, understaffed, poor management, lack of back up by HR.
Best Benefits Package
Outpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 17, 2018
I have worked for BJC for several years now and I love working for them. They are a fabulous company and they offer the best benefits in the area without costing a fortune.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Pay could be a little better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJC HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight