BJC HealthCare Employee Reviews

Featured review
BJC HealthCare selected this as a representative review
Love bjc!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2018
Great place to work! The vast size, complexity and variety of our hospitals and service organizations provide for great career progression whilst remaining with BJC. Continual learning is highly encouraged.
No advancement
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 11, 2018
You're there to do a job and no one cares about career advancement for any of it's employees unless you are friends with persons in executive level management. It's a who you know environment.
Pros
Cons
The company is falling apart
Overall enjoyed quality of work and team associates. Benefits ok. Past few years appear to be geared to more involvement with external partners.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 10, 2018
Work in IT was productive with great associates. Within past few years the top management culture appears distant. I do not feel it will improve in the near future.
Pros
Decent benefits and great fellow workers.
Cons
Top management distant
BJC Healthcare
Senior Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MO 65201December 10, 2018
Worked for BJC Healthcare for over 15 yrs. Was a great place to work. Gained experience in Help desk, Access Management and Desktop type work (Support). As of 11/30/2018, positions were outsourced. BJC was a great place to work.
Awesome Learning Environment with Room For Advancement!
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 3, 2018
Great place to work that offers great learning opportunities. The immediate tuition assistance eligibility led me to start working on my masters through Webster at a highly discounted rate.

I can also see that theres definitely room for advancement and thats one of the things that led me to work at BJC!
Pros
Immediate tuition reimbursement, 401k match, pension program
Cons
n/a
Poorly ran/managed
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Siteman Cancer CenterDecember 3, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE! I cannot stress this enough. Poor management that treats their workers like animals. They talk bad about employees as well. Stay away from this dump!
Pros
Lunch to get away from the ignorance..
Cons
Poor management, and poor people skills/Ignorant
poor
Renal Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 2, 2018
Very tight control culture. Employee welfare is not take into consideration at all. Too much favoritism, work load is too high. No days off if you are not part of the click.
Terrible. Don't waste your time applying
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 25, 2018
Don't get me wrong Barnes Jewish Hospital could be a very fulfilling place to work. However, just not when you're doing valet. The job is very stressful and unorganized. There are a lot of snitches in the department that will tell on you for any little thing. I run out of fingers and hands counting up how many people have quit this job because of how poorly it's ran.You have to continuously be outside rain, sleet, or snow while those in a higher position than you get to sit inside of the buildings and do nothing. Management will take about thirty smoke breaks a day while work is getting backed up. The tips would be a plus but you have to literally run in order to get keys and return a customer's vehicle. Those in management are not fit to do the job. They will make somebody with little to no experience a lead just off the fact of them being friends with them. Anybody can get hired really. They would hire an alligator if they could. The only way to survive this job is if you're considered a "favorite". They always need people to work overtime because they're always short staffed. Management is disrespectful and everybody there has secret relationships going on. Trust me!! You should run while you can because once you're hired they'll try to have you stuck there forever. They don't really like for people to transfer out of the department because it seems like they don't want to see anybody succeed. It's ridiculous and the people in HR never know what's going on because they don't take the time to come off of their thrones to know how the department is being ran. I sometimes can't  more... believe all the time I wasted there with them. What a shame. If I could give it zero stars I would.  less
Pros
Lunch..because you get a break from the chaos
Cons
Everything that has to do with valet
It at bjc
CST (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 15, 2018
BJC was once a great company to work for but since the new CIO there is no more job security no matter what level of IT you are in.

They have never been competitive on pay but they claimed they made up for that with benefits and job security. While the benefits are very good, job security no longer exists.

If current employees can hold out until the current CIO moves on, it would go back to being and great company to work for and to retire from.
Very productive and always changing with the times.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 13, 2018
You are offered many opportunities to take classes to learn something new which will help you on advancing into another career here at BJC Healthcare.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
N/a
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MONovember 7, 2018
I love working for BJC and they truly cared about their patients. I felt satisfied in my job like I was making a difference in others lives. My boss was great also.
Pros
Family like environment
Cons
Healthcare cost a little high
Loyal/Fair Employer
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2018
Great Company very supportive of staff needs and education. Great Education benefits always helping employees improve themselves and advance. Very bust work environment.
Pros
Tuition Assistance
Cons
Short Staff
Overall Poor
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MOOctober 30, 2018
The company itself has good opportunities but the mental health facility offers a lot of work, for little pay, and dangerous situations to be put in, with little back up and support.
It is the best place I have ever work for.
Indexing/ QC Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 17, 2018
Identifying Document types with descriptions. Ensure documents are properly scanned. Correctly input patient data. Report scanning errors and incorrect document types. Reconcile document deliveries.
Pros
benefits, pay, pto
Cons
I would prefer to work days, but I get shift differential.
Review is applicable to BJC IT department.
Sr Analyst - Revenue Cycle (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work. Wonderful people. People are very willing to adjust to the needs of the other teams. Lots of teamwork. Hard to describe a typical day at work as it was very changing from day to day.
Pros
Teriffic interpersonal relationships
Cons
Upper management is out of touch.
BJC from the top employer in the Mid West to the absolute worst
Administrator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2018
New CIO and CEO cutting jobs by the 100's and saying today's "Market" is forcing them to look overseas to replacing full time Mid West workers. They simply don't care about their employee's anymore. It's horrible and very sad.
good job experience
Externship (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILOctober 15, 2018
If you want a job at BJC, I would recommend it. This facility is a fast-growing facility. There are plenty of jobs out there in the Missouri location.
Did not have a good experience working there!
HR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 6, 2018
BJC is a good health care organization but working there is another story. The people who are either hired or promoted into leadership roles are NOT equipped to do the job. Executive leadership needs to take a deeper look into the reasons for the high turnover in the HR space. External hires are considered over internal employees for new roles. The overall culture is not good. Very childish and unprofessional behavior from some of the leaders.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Leadership
work environment dependent on manager
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOOctober 1, 2018
If you get a good manager, you would enjoy working here. The workplace culture is also dependent upon directors and managers.
If you are one of the favorites you will be fine.
A very appealing environment
Media Editor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 25, 2018
a Typical workday was visually and auditorily pleasant. I learned a lot just by taking in my surrounding. The managerial process was transparent, though it was positivity shown. Nothing registered as "work" since I enjoyed what I was doing. Therefore, projects given to me could be seen as both the hardest and most enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
Pleasant environment, sociable people
Cons
I don't have any.
Great Work Environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILSeptember 22, 2018
multiple opportunities for employment, competitive wages, sign on bonus, 401K, health care coverage, advancement opportunity
great work environment with co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJC HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at BJC HealthCare.

Powered by Comparably