BJC HealthCare Employee Reviews

It is the best place I have ever work for.
Indexing/ QC Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 17, 2018
Identifying Document types with descriptions. Ensure documents are properly scanned. Correctly input patient data. Report scanning errors and incorrect document types. Reconcile document deliveries.
Pros
benefits, pay, pto
Cons
I would prefer to work days, but I get shift differential.
BJC from the top employer in the Mid West to the absolute worst
Administrator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2018
New CIO and CEO cutting jobs by the 100's and saying today's "Market" is forcing them to look overseas to replacing full time Mid West workers. They simply don't care about their employee's anymore. It's horrible and very sad.
good job experience
Externship (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILOctober 15, 2018
If you want a job at BJC, I would recommend it. This facility is a fast-growing facility. There are plenty of jobs out there in the Missouri location.
Did not have a good experience working there!
HR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 6, 2018
BJC is a good health care organization but working there is another story. The people who are either hired or promoted into leadership roles are NOT equipped to do the job. Executive leadership needs to take a deeper look into the reasons for the high turnover in the HR space. External hires are considered over internal employees for new roles. The overall culture is not good. Very childish and unprofessional behavior from some of the leaders.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Leadership
work environment dependent on manager
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOOctober 1, 2018
If you get a good manager, you would enjoy working here. The workplace culture is also dependent upon directors and managers.
If you are one of the favorites you will be fine.
A very appealing environment
Media Editor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 25, 2018
a Typical workday was visually and auditorily pleasant. I learned a lot just by taking in my surrounding. The managerial process was transparent, though it was positivity shown. Nothing registered as "work" since I enjoyed what I was doing. Therefore, projects given to me could be seen as both the hardest and most enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
Pleasant environment, sociable people
Cons
I don't have any.
Great Work Environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILSeptember 22, 2018
multiple opportunities for employment, competitive wages, sign on bonus, 401K, health care coverage, advancement opportunity
great work environment with co workers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOSeptember 19, 2018
Managers abuse their authority and get away with it. Changing schedules and work hours sometimes with only a few hours of notice before the shift. You can be fired citing "conflict of interests" as a reason. Overall I have never seen such abuse of power in any other company I have worked for and can not recommend this company to anyone looking for a career.
Pros
Meet new people
IS Department needs work
Senior IS Analyst- Applications/Business (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2018
The IS Department at BJC needs to listen to employees when they have ideals and make sure that the employees have a work/life balance. Also they need to stop putting people that do not have the necessary IT experience in positions to make important IT decisions.
Cons
work/life balance, management
company review
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 7, 2018
As a whole BJC is a good company. However, the department of Revenue Cycle was not. Managers on a whole are nice people but the qualifications are in questionable. It's who you know not what you know or your education background (more education you better look for another job).
It was a great place to work
CUSTOMER SUPPORT ANYLYST (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 6, 2018
BJC was a great place to work when I started. When I started we were salary and were allowed to set our schedules based on customer needs. Toward the end of my tenure we were switched to hourly and we were relegated to prescribed hours and customer need was no longer taken into account.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Confused management
Highly skilled and experienced.
Tier III Technical Specialist. (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 3, 2018
Accomplished and highly experienced Information Technology professional exhibiting exemplary skills primarily focused on tier III support of highly complex information technology infrastructures
Good Place to Work
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 31, 2018
BJC Healthcare has a really great brand in the St. Louis region. They have really great benefits and supports employees who want to continue their education.
good experience
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2018
good experience ability to flex time and work from home was great, environment very toxic with drama and some dictatorship styles of leadership.
salary to low for the support we gave
Overall the time was enjoyable.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
toxic environment no ability to move up in position with out changeing job.
Clinical Trial Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 27, 2018
After working on this full-time position for 9 months, I was switched to a PRN position ( which allows a part-time working schedule) to do the same type of work for 3 months, then the PRN position was closed.
A great work experience
ClinDoc Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 26, 2018
BJC provided a challenging and rewarding experience with the implementation of the Epic EHR. Truly professional staff and a positive culture. I enjoyed my time working there and recommend it for anyone looking for a challenging and empowering work experience.
Pros
flexible time, friendly culture
Cons
on call without compensation
great place to work
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 26, 2018
My first job out of high school and I enjoyed coming to work being with my co-workers. I like the discounts i received from working there. I also enjoyed great healthcare.
Great People
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOAugust 26, 2018
When I left , my world was crashing down. I had just lost a very close member of my family and had no one to watch my then young daughter. I could only give 1 weeks notice. What a slap in the face after being a exemplary employee to be told due to my one week notice instead of 2 that I would never be welcome back to BJC for any future employment. I loved my job and to be told that was incredibly disheartening.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Harsh
na
LPN (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 23, 2018
managers are very busy, its hard to get in to speak with them. flexible hours hard to get a raise or paid what you deserve. not fair to those who go above and beyond. hours were flexible somewhat hard to leave when needed. hard to get off work if needed.
Productive and focused
Accountant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 23, 2018
St. Louis Children's hospital was a great place to work! And, their management team is awesome.

I worked at St. Louis Children's Hospital for 15 years, and I enjoyed every minute.
Pros
Great management and good workplace culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BJC HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight