Black Angus Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Fun and fast paced environment.
Server (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 16, 2019
Work culture is easy to fit into. Management is decent. Fast paced and all coworkers collaborate to help each other with side work and other shift responsibilities.
Pros
Great tips, friendly co workers
Cons
Part time
good first job to have if in high school
Hostess/ Busser (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZApril 14, 2019
hostess, busser, and also tried serving. There is a lot of regular people that come all the time. You get tipped very well. And most customers are very friendly.
Pros
free food before or after your shift.
Cons
no breaks unless going to the restroom
Awesome work place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAApril 2, 2019
Black Angus is a fast work place especially when busy, and great team work environment, if someone would fall behind there was always someone to help.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Fun place to work great staff
Sou chef (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 30, 2019
Fun staff,great place to work,long hours but fast pace so time flew by.excellent training program free meals,very helpful staff,head Chef was cool an sou chef.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Fun
Cook/Prep cook - Cook (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMarch 20, 2019
Black angus was fast paced and stressful at times but we had a few good managers and they seemed to care about us and made bonds with me throughout my time there. Still visit often.
Pros
Lunch for back house employees
Cons
No benefits
Great place for serving and all positions in a restaurant.
Server (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAFebruary 26, 2019
Working for Black Angus as a young adult made it easy to balance school, work and social life. I was able to develop great life experiences and work ethic.
worked a short period of time
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 26, 2019
Caught a co-worker other manager stealing cash. He was buying alcohol and filling bottles so the staff was able to drink and not get caught. I became very unpopular, decided to move on.
Pros
Leaner salty and environmental procedures
Cons
dirty, old, crazy inventory
Typical restaurant.
Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 13, 2019
I wasn't with the company very long. It was my just out of school job. It was very fast paced and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I had to leave because there wasn't enough hours for me to make any sort of livable wage.
Pros
Discounted food, coworkers are like family.
Cons
Low pay, stressful.
Not a good place to work
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 23, 2019
Management sucks, they pick favorites, are not flexible around your schedule, you have to tip out expo and bussers so there goes a chunk of your tips and again managers are not the best to work with. I quit because of the managers.
N/a
Server (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 21, 2019
It's really hard to give a lot of stars for compensation when it comes to a restaurant position. Black Angus was a great stepping stone into a higher-end type dining service.
Productive and have increased sales!!
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Our store is very busy, which I like. We have good team players. I feel I have done a great job of managing and would not be looking for other work if I got paid more.
A classic steakhouse
Server, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 9, 2019
I'm sure every Black Angus is different, but my time there wasn't the most positive, usually due to management. My fellow employees were fine, and good team players
Ok
Cocktail Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 8, 2019
My overall experience was okay. My coworkers, the guest, and environment were great. The managment on the other hand, were absolutely awful! They did not know how to treat everyone fairly, nor did they handle situations with guest well either. They need to know how to respect their front and back house employees.
Great money, management sucks and they definitely have a couple favorites you won’t be able to compete with.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Great coworkers except those favorites I mentioned before. If you’re looking for something temporary go for it. But don’t go in looking for best friends because you won’t find them
Pros
Awesome money
Cons
Bad management
Great work experience and amazing staff
Busser (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZ 85338January 2, 2019
Working at black angus was very beneficial for me when it comes to working. I learned how to work with a team and take orders with a fast delivery, as well as customer services
Pros
Good pay, Discounted food
Cons
Managment with terrible attitude toward workers. Caused few to almost quit.
Fun stress
Server (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 1, 2019
Fun working there but stressful.. Very high paced volume mostly. Managers are very demanding.lots of fun people their love the food and all the customers
I don't reccomend
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WADecember 15, 2018
This job took me three interviews to get hired. I worked all the way to the top of hostessing. There is no moving up they mainly hire from outside the company. The scheduling messed my school schedule. The management is poor. The server trainers treat everyone like trash. The servers act like high schoolers. This job was probably the worst. The kitchen staff would mess with me. You're the bad guy if you're being efficient and getting everyone to actually do their job. You get talked down by everyone there. The whole aura is horrible. No matter what the managers treat you like you're unimportant and that you don't know how to do your job. The bartenders get to talk down to you. The managers don't care when you have a problem with the staff. No raises. You can give 100% effort and still be put down.
Pros
Free team meal per shift, maternity leave, good for people who don't want to work hard.
Cons
Staff has no respect unless it's district or above, not enough appreciation for hard work, not enough respect for others, people don't move up for years unless you are a bad host/hostess
Fun environment with fast-paced service
Expediter/Server (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 8, 2018
Coworkers are usually collaborative to fulfill clients' needs, but often cliques emerge. Pay is adequate and management is usually responsive to employee concerns. I learned how to deal with people and manage stress well. I love getting to know my coworkers better during slow times but getting orders out correctly during rush hour is very stressful.
Good job
Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CANovember 27, 2018
I enjoyed my years at Black Angus. I was promoted from a host to a busser and did make decent money while in college. I was never promoted to server as promised and when I came back from a trip abroad I was told I could get my job back but didn't.
fast paced workplace with really fun co-workers
Host/busser (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CANovember 26, 2018
I love working here, most of the time it is busy and I do best when I am busy, the people I work with are also really amazing. I learned a lot about patience and problem solving while I have worked here and I continue to learn more.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Black Angus Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight