Black Box Corporation

Black Box Corporation Employee Reviews

Black Box Corporation insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

Poorly Organized

The company has been restructuring for 4 years, my job has changed 4 times in the almost 5 years that I have been here, multiple managers have left, high turnover in my office, no raises, constantly changing.

Pros

Good PTO

Cons

Some long term employees are given an upper hand, no 401K matching, constantly changing company mission.

Hard to stay motivated

Constant turnover. Financial challenges and org changes make it a difficult place to get things done. Offshoring happens frequently. There are good people but the company is struggling.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Constant fire drills. Poor leadership in areas.

SalesForce will be your life

Absolutely no loyalty. I was part of the company that bought BlackBox but they were bigger in the US so we got folded under them. The culture is horrible. Imagine having to attend mandatory “happy hour”, via Zoom, after work hours. Technology seemed to take a backseat to filling out entries in SalesForce. I was at 241% of quota when I got laid off.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Poor management, no loyalty, no advancement

Once Great, Now Comically Bad

There isn't a real opportunity to advance your career here. You can change to a higher position, but only if you take the same pay, and it will always be below market. So more work for no additional pay and they string you along with promises of bonuses that never happen. I really don't know what keeps some people here, but I do have a good immediate manager and that is what makes it worth it for me. The compensation levels are not up to others in the area, and that will ultimately lead me to another position, and many others have already made that choice.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

No bonuses, ridiculously expensive insurance, constant structural changes in management.

top execs only care about lining their pockets

You can go a decade without getting any type of pay increase (or cost of living increase) while the tops execs continually get fat raises and bonuses while running the company into the ground. A job here is mostly a dead end with no where to go and best avoided.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Great to work

I have been working here less ten a year so good so far. They have a great work environment easy to meet great professional people. i would recommend to everyone

Mostly on my own out in the field

There is no company direction.. All the CEO's (new one every year) ran the company in the ground making bad decisions. Stocks tanked and a Chinese Company finally bought them out.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

All travel - Indy, Cincinnati, Columbus, Lexington and Louisville

Overworked and under appreciated employees.

Company is in the process of being sold and the future is unknown. CEO is doing his best to communicate during the process; he provides as much detail as he can. Onsite management shares very few details, employees are left wondering about their jobs. Morale is low, there is too much work to do and not enough staff to do the work. General Manager arranges to celebrate birthdays each month recognizing each employee and date of birth (no year). Company has a casual dress code allowing jeans to be worn.

Great place to work in the early days. Situation deteriorated as people got greedy. Change in ownership from Founder to California company introduced a lack of connection with current customers and employees.

Free lunches in company cafeteria

Friendly workforce, good entry level opportunity. Badge required to enter company offices affords sense of security. Free hot lunches in attractive company operated cafeteria,

Too many CEO changes

Company went through too many management changes in my time at BBX. BBX has 2 sides of the business and I did not feel both sides (manufacturing and integration) were working towards the same company goals.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Management changes

Working as a temp

Everyone is nice the work isn't bad it's the same stuff day in and out the boss is nice and is understandable when it comes to time It's not a bad place but thing do need to change a bit

Hard working and dedicated team

The employees at Black Box are dedicated and hard working, very often going over and above their regular duties to fulfill successful customer outcomes.

Great company, with downfalls

Great company and great people. But this company has it's downfalls when it comes to compensation and job security. Management is not aligned toward a specific strategy. It is often difficult to accomplish goals with so much holding you back.

Pros

Free lunches, great vacation time

Cons

Compensation, no strategy, no 401K match

Small work space with very tight nit employee group

Working at Black Box was great for corporate accounting experience and working towards an accurate close. Other than that, the accounting group was such a tight nit group of people and was not very socially flexible.

About Black Box

It was very good to work with this client at onsite and people are very co operative, helpfull, friendly and supportive during the work. I enjoyed a lot while working.

Pros

They provide free lunch and snacks.

Cons

some times. I need to work on week ends.

good

Great Local Manager. Good coworkers. Relaxed Work Environment. Decent work-life balance. Black Box establishes a lot of connections. The company distributes and supports voice and data networking infrastructure.

Productive and fun to work

In the beginning this was the place to be. You were compensated and recognized for a job well done. This disappeared and never returned."they should be thankful they have a job."

Company management is lost

We changed direction 50 times and never put the correct support in for any direction we went The CEO had no idea what he was doing or what the company was all about

Great environment to work.

I enjoyed my time at BlackBox although the job security was not what I expected. Once management reached a certain salary level it was time for reorganization. We went through a number of these during my tenor there.

Pros

Good benefits and salary compensation

Cons

No sustained direction for the company

Good

Good environment. Good people. Nice place to work. Location was nice. Work attire was casual. Able to do my job effectively and given the proper resources.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Black Box Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.1
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
1.9Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight