Black Hills Harley-Davidson Employee Reviews

Lifelong Career
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMay 6, 2019
I started as a high school kid working the rally and now 18 years later am happy to call BHHD my career. Most of the staff here has worked for the company for quite some time and gets along nicely.
Pros
Great seeing and hearing all the great stories from motorcycle riders.
Cons
Long hours during the rally and summer.
Fun working environment on the lead up to annual Sturgis Rally
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 24, 2018
I was hired here before the busy season which is the lead up to the annual Sturgis Rally event. My main task was to unload incoming freight daily. I then inventory and priced each item before sending it out to the sales floor. I also participated in readying thousands of t-shirts, memorabilia, and other apparel to be priced, folded, counted, and then packed and shipped out to our other stores in the Black Hills area.
This was the most friendly work environment I ever worked in. The Harley crew was like a family who worked as a team to make the deadline. Management was helpful, trained us well, and allowed flexible work hours when needed.
Unfortunately there is only one season this place is good to work and thats summer. After the Rally hours tanked, less product came in, and slow sales led to them laying me off by Fall.
Pros
Great team work, very friendly work environment
Cons
Seasonal, only summer hours needed
You have to be favored
MotorClothes Associate (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 23, 2018
My career with BHHD was rather long as I had worked several years (summers) in a row. It sounded peachy to leave me on full time, but after the holiday season was over they got rid of me because it was "too slow" but opened my position up to the public two weeks later.
Fast paced and friendly
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SD 57702October 5, 2017
Black Hills Harley Davidson was a fast paced place of employment especially during the summer. People were friendly and fun to work with. Management was easy to work with.
fun place to work good people
inventory (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDOctober 19, 2015
easy going great place to work a little company you know all most everyone that works there the managementcould have used a over hall to many people trying to play to many people
I would work there again