Play YouTube video button
Black Horse Carriers, Inc.
50Below average
2.9

Black Horse Carriers, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States309 reviews
Featured review
Black Horse Carriers, Inc. selected this as a representative review
Only 5 day work weeks. Excellent insurance and benefits. New trucks well equipped. In general it is a great place to work. Most of the companys work is night shift.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
night shift
I worked for the company in 2016. started about 5pm, went out to mazda warehouse, picked up, returned to volkswagen warehouse where i loaded my trailer. i usually finished my day about 1:30 am. I had no problems with management. They made sure i was there and did my job, i made sure to do my job and they payed me. on occasion i was asked to pick up a second route when a diver didnt show and i was paid extra. overall the work environment was friendly, consistent and clean. if you like to work and are self motivated, its a good place. if you are not self motivated you probably wont like it. I thought the wages were fair considering i had weekends off. I wouldnt mind working for them again.
Pros
5 day work week, fair pay, good equipment
Cons
night work
thought worked for same manager for 12 plus years when it came time to take job in another state job fell through and manager left me with no other option even though there were jobs in the general area i moved to.
Pros
fare pay
Cons
no loyalty from managers after 12 yrs of service to company
I gave this company 2 years of loyal service, only to be let go after being accused of stealing less than 5$ worth of lunch meat from a fridge. With only fuzzy evidence as proof, they sided with the accuser. Management only cares about themselves, no communication with drivers, you gotta take care of yourself. The pay is good, but the hours suck.
Management has no clue what they’re doing Don’t expect to get a day off because they run with the bare minimum and have no coverage The pay is slightly higher which they believe is enough to keep you from leaving after they treat you like dirt
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Never a raise, currently paying about .10 less than industry, never more than 2 weeks vaca, no sick or personal days. Management never follows through or takes care of any problems you have with pay or anything. Everything is a last min decision on there part, even when known well ahead. The only plus is new equipment with free Sirius. The driver turnover is just crazy.
After career hauling 4 years ago and entering into the transportation industry. I can finally say I am happy and at peace. Working at Black Horse has been a blessing, always working, great pay and great terminal managers. I look forward to growing more and advancing my career!
Asst customers, auto parts division, perishable, division, & General merchandise. Good pay for the work that you do. Drivers are pretty much the backbone of delivering freight
If your african american or black you will be discriminated and treat unfairly by the management ron and matt on the night shift are beyond racist and few drivers there will help you but if your black they make sure you get the bare minimum.Theres no such thing as equality here .I would advice talon logistics in crafting
If your not afraid of long hours the job can earn you a great salary. You will be delivering to two aldi grocery stores per. Shift loading unloading required.
your paid per load. If your out of the Saxonburg terminal you have a lot of potential. If your out of one of their hubs your screwed.. Micromanagement
At first, communication was quick & negative situations we're handled with a sense of urgency. Work was an enjoyment, I didn't feel like I was working. But over time it started to seem like those that complained or we're a problem well rewarded. Management stopped any kind of inclusion in solving the problem.
Pros
Hometime
Cons
Management, lack of communication, pay vs cost of living in the area.
Good peoples, Good co-workers. Management is fair. Hardworking Drivers. Needs more resources and better cross training. Would like to see more help from peoples in charge.
no control of other driver have camera inside cab CIS broken all the time delivering driver works about half the hours you do for same pay dont hold other drivers to same standards very bad driver manager
PAY WAS GREAT not a grave yard fan truck was new top notch two guys i work with was great down to earth and great scene of homer. delivered and did truck to truck transfer i San Jose
Ok company site manager a great person been working for them for almost 2 years now sometimes it takes them a while to fix a light or a lift gate but that's the rental company but good company overall
I invested 6 yrs with this co.
2 as a driver & 4 as a Mgr. It was a total waste of time.

Expectations are to work 8-12 hrs in the office and another 10 driving @ night due to conditions your supervisor creates.

This co. upper mgmt. is unethical but good @ covering it all up.

But nothing lasts forever & eventually it will all come out ...
Manager dont call u back before interview and after interview and after drug test called just gave u went some were else they just dont care about drivers that why there always hiring losers
Pros
Manager suck
Cons
Fire management
Not the worst company I've been employed by, but your not treated as an equal, just a person in a seat. I had plenty of attributes for advancement, but was overlooked. The lack of communication between the management and the drivers is almost non-existent.
Very high earning potential here! BUT you will not have much of a personal life. Also , you will touch the freight but it's super easy and low stress.
A few hiccups with management but you'll get that anywhere. Being close to a main domicile is the way to go. i was a state away and getting supplies or having clear communication was a set back. Other than that seemed to be a great company for anyone to stay.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Black Horse Carriers, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9