Black pearl Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
The worst
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJune 28, 2017
Horrible, slave drivers. I would not have even given them one stars if I had not have been forced to. Unfair working environment. I felt bad for the customers who had the unfortunate experience of eating at this establishment.
Fun place to work at
Dominos (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Everyone was kind to me and received me with smiles. 23 build a family. Worked as a team. We got a long with all of our custumers. Got meetings to talk about environment and goals
Been here two years
Jibba for management (Current Employee) –  Black pearl claims leedsSeptember 27, 2016
I have worked here for two years now, in my experience it is an amazing place to work. I have met so many nice people.I first came into the company from managing pubs, I had little to no product knowledge or confidence on the phone. I have been trained well and given the time improve and develop my skills. I am now one of the more Senior members of staff and look forward to working here for a long time to come. I have being nothing but respected from management. In regards to another review on here, I am on pack chase and I disagree with the points made by this disgruntled employee. They are not valid in the slightest and am quite hurt to hear them. In actual fact the general manager of the company has taken me on a shopping trip whilst sick, to buy food and stayed up till all hours to do a massive bbq for the full company.
I do believe that in all call centres there is a turnover of staff but in my experience this is due to the agents own attitude/work rate. What company would want to train people, pour time into them for a week or two. Just to let them go instantly it just wouldn't be good business practice and a waste of money in My opinion.
Pros
Commission, Work Parties, staff events, Amsterdam free trip, dragon costume
Cons
No hot food, no drinks at the table
Really cultured and fun workplace!
Barista and Cashier and I also made sandwiches (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYJuly 25, 2016
I worked there for about a year and a few months, returning for Christmas break on my break from college. I learned that no matter where you are from, everybody loves enjoying the taste of another countries cuisine. The Black Pearl was a Vietnamese cuisine/bubble tea kiosk located in Lexington, Kentucky's Fayette Mall. I loved being able to share and inform people about all the different tastes you could discover at the Black Pearl.
Pros
Punch cards, new flavors and fast service
Great working with black pearl
Supervisior (Former Employee) –  Lagos, GUApril 27, 2016
It was a nice place to work and working with Black pearl was a great opportunity for me and it made me to be socialize with new people.
Just not the right fit
Intern/ Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 18, 2015
A typical day started with the morning crew preparing all the food for lunch service. Doing a standard lunch rush until 4 PM when we switched to Dinner. I made salads, put together desserts and appetizers. I learned how to stay clean and organized all while staying at a fast pace. The management at the time was slim to none. I was basically over looked by a line cook with little to no contact with the head chef. My co workers were a fun and passionate and hard working group who truly showed what it meant to do the job right to make perfection for the customer. Hardest part of the job was an unsatisfactory work environment due to not clicking with the staff, but the best part was all the skills I obtained and the new ways to learn from being part of a team to create amazing food.
Pros
Creative work environment
Cons
slow promotion