Blackbaud Employee Reviews

A Company In Trouble
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 17, 2018
Think long and hard before you join this company. You will enjoy the interview process and that will be the very last time you will be happy. The positive reviews you read are written by Human Resources. The company creates a culture of fear. You are measured on analytics alone. Existing Clients are furious and leaving at a fast pace due to poor customer service, lack of functionality and outrageous pricing. It is close to impossible to bring new clients on due to skilled competition, outrageous pricing and lack of go-to-market strategy. Management does NOT want your opinion. Do your research, a quick Google search on Blackbaud stock and breakdowns during Giving Tuesday is a good start. One of the most disgusting places I have ever worked.
Pros
You will meet some wonderful people, who are also treated poorly.
Cons
Where should I start.
Best Kept Secret
Sr. Manager, Demand Generation (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 11, 2018

Fantastic leadership @ multiple levels.

A sense of team - as stated in its mission.

Associates believe the company can change the world. And they just might.
Cons
Must live in Charleston, SC to have career advancement.
Excellent coworkers but lack of actionable change for a brighter future
Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2018
I love the people I work with the culture that is fostered at Blackbaud. It maintains a solid sense of giving back through volunteerism and other activities.
However, I lose confidence in our executive leadership each and every year. It gets tougher to do my job and I noticed morale trend at a downward rate over the past three years.
Pros
Solid people, great culture
Cons
Red tape working with departments, lack of real product development based on feedback
Blackbaud
Contract Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 17, 2018
Great company to work for. Good compensation and benefits, four weeks paid time off every year, management very good. Company culture definitely nice as well.
Great people i worked with
Service Delivery Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 29, 2018
People i worked with in the office were fantastic and and friendly and we always were there to help each other. Most of the company telecommutes but were friendly during phone calls and webex. Blackbaud was extremely fast paced, you had to pull your own weight and work extra when needed to keep the fresh data loading in the databases and be there for all clients needs and requests.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Fly by the seat of your pants environment
Not accurate
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCAugust 20, 2018
Given the time that I was there I am not able to provide any current information regarding their benefits, mission and culture.
I do know that if I had the opportunity to work for them again I would welcome that chance.
Declining morale
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 27, 2018
Too many changes since the beginning of the year... changes in territories, comp plans, sales strategy, etc. Too many changes at once or repeatedly making changes make it difficult for people to find success.
benefits
Cons
too many changes in short period of time
Later
Sr Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2018
I am not going to provide such detail about my current employeer. Blackbaud is a great place to work, and my Cyber Security Team here is the best I have ever worked with.
I didn't work at Blackbaud, I took computer courses
Student (Former Employee) –  StudentMay 9, 2018
This is business school in North Charleston, SC where I took computer classes. It was very thorough and professional environment. Classes are point specific.
Sweatshop Support
Enterprise Solutions Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2018
When Blackbaud took over Convio, conditions changed from a stressful but enjoyable environment to a needlessly stressful and low morale environment. More emphasis on bottom line than employee input. Poor decisions made by upper management. Where work talent was once nurtured, it began to be driven away with several of the best developers leaving because of conditions.
Flashy but lacks depth
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 2, 2018
The company has undergone a lot of change in the last few years. I appreciate what the CEO has done: upgraded facilities, improved technology, improved corporate communications. I've found that it is a mess in the trenches though. Departments are completely independent of each other and don't work together nor have any interest in working together. Most have a "not my job" attitude.
Management promises transparency but delivers closed door meetings and doesn't communicate changes until after they've already been made. There is no career development help or any interest shown in developing the skills of new employees. You're on your own and might as well leave for another company since loyalty doesn't get seem to get you anywhere. Come to Blackbaud if you want to coast and not learn new skills or develop yourself.
Pros
Pto, facility, friendly atmosphere
Cons
management, communication, career development
Fairly laid back and flexible, but stressful, misleading and unorganized
Senior Interactive Designer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2018
The work atmosphere and office experience is very laid back, easy going and flexible which is nice. The benefits are great. But the organization of work and level of communication from higher up management is sometimes misleading, lacking, and relatively poor. That lead to a very stressful job experience.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Unorganized, Poor Management, Poor Communication
Good foot in the door
Senior Support Analys (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2018
This place is good to get your foot in the door. It was fun to work there but I had REALLY great management and then terrible management which eventually made me leave.
Great Experience
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 5, 2018
Great place to get experience in the work place. You work with some of the smartest people you will ever meet. The hours are not long and the work is relatively easy.
Pros
Benefits, Coworkers
Cons
Tough to advance
Tech Support
Production Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Great Company, great people, difficult clientele, horrible location. Long hours as a result, hard to really have a life. You'll become close to your coworkers and will have your favorite clients, but will also have the clients who blame you for everything and refuse to see what they've done wrong, even when supported by facts. Upper management does not always look out for the associates even when in their best interest to do so.
Pros
relaxed culture, management is accommodating and personable.
Cons
clientele and expectation of executive management are not always the most realistic
Good Company, great people.
Solutions Environment Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 16, 2018
Working at Blackbaud has been a great pleasure. The perks are great, get to work from home/remote almost at any time. Management is good as well, actively trying to help you succeed.

Typical day consists of me working on my projects with little to no micro management (great).

I've learned many new skills in the world of foundation management as well as software technology.

Management is great. Do their best to help you in succeeding.

Workplace culture is friendly, everyone is readily available to help.

Hardest part, N/A.

The most enjoyable part is the freedom and no micro managing. The trust placed in me to get my job done as well as the feeling of being appreciated.
Profitable Company
Global Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Blackbaud is a public-traded software company who provides solutions for non-profit organizations.

The company is buying competitions and growing fast.
Pros
Working for a cause is very satisfying
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 6, 2018
Good place to work and learn a little about the aspect of accounting. Though, a really great place to work with employers that assisted when you really needed
Pros
Once a month there was parties
Cons
Lunch was short and working constantly on the computer
Tight Knit Culture
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 12, 2017
Great place to work, especially once you are fully embraced by the corporate culture. This is a competitive workplace that expects you to prove yourself continuously, once you do that for a period of time you are more warmly accepted and given a bit more latitude in your role.
Room for Advancement, Great Culture
Engagement Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 6, 2017
I was an intern at Blackbaud for a year. Company had great perks; including being able to complete volunteer work for more vacation time. Gave out monthly gift cards and awards. Although I was only there for one year - it seemed like there was a lot of room to grow. I would definitely recommend this company!
Pros
Work life balance, Great culture, benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackbaud. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Blackbaud.

Powered by Comparably