Blackberry Farm Employee Reviews

This Farm is in Georgia not Tennessee
Farm Hand (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 9, 2018
I do believe we have the wrong Farms mine is located in Georgia and is privately owned and there no stress and with very few employees I think we have the wrong Farms
Pros
Relaxed management not stressful very well treated like family
Cons
I can only work Limited hours because my husband who just passed away I was taking care of
They belittle you
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNNovember 8, 2018
Working at Blackberry was fun for a while, but management needs help. They don't care about you at all, they protect their friends, and do not get rid of employees who cause trouble. Your fellow employees will stab you in the back first time they can. Human resources does nothing to help you out. Pay was ok but not worth the drama. Lunch breaks are bring your own food, can't buy anything from them to eat. Guests are mostly nice but you are there to do everything for them. Also as guest services you are security for the guests including against bears, and you can't use anything to run the bears off, just yell and make yourself big. No tipping allowed to any employee. And again most managers are rude, condescending, and they think they own you. Hours get cut alot, especially if it's slow, and your schedule is never consistent!
Pros
Scenery
Cons
Poor management, safety
Great
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNSeptember 22, 2018
Blackberry Farm is located in a beautiful valley tucked away in the heart of the Smoky Mountains. Breathtaking scenery every where you walk. very relaxed but also very professional.
Great place to increase skill set but very poorly run
Intern baker (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNSeptember 19, 2018
Blackberry farm is good place to work but they do not guarantee hours for your position even if HR hired you on for full time. They usually look down on you like your just the help to them. Also your chain of command will pick favorites which makes it hard to get work done or to even finish. They allow relationships in the kitchen so you will hear arguments and bickering throughout your day which is very distracting and irritating. Overall I wouldn’t recommend blackberry to anyone I know because it’s not worth the hassle of going through the hoops to be just the “help”.
Pros
Skill advancement
Cons
No breaks, stressful work environment, not receiving full time hours
most departments are better and friendlier then the one i worked in
Housemen (Current Employee) –  Walland, TNAugust 15, 2018
i would not recommend housekeeping, it was fast paced and the managment was not that great and kept adding more and more strict rules that they want you to follow and they thought that they basically owned you.
Blackberry Farm
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Walland, TNAugust 12, 2018
Full time - You are hired as full time, however will be sent home if work is slow. Training is very poor, management shows favoritism creating a distrusting work environment. They will tell you that you have room for growth and then pass you by for other employees who are there friends.
Quick paced with slight learning curve
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Walland, TNJuly 13, 2018
Good management, opportunity to transfer between departments, but lower pay and stricter guidleines compared to other departments with harder work. Overall good place to work, just don't expect to love off it starting off
Pros
Beautiful property
Cons
Lower anticipated pay for position
Like working here
Horseback guide (Current Employee) –  Walland, TNJuly 11, 2018
I like working here. I see room for advancement in all areas of Blackberry Farm. You just have to have good work ethic, and be a team player. If you are that kind of employee you will go far.
Pros
Discounts to resort
operations manager is a jerk
Welder/Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNMay 18, 2018
The operations manager is a real piece of work I overheard him telling the housekeepers if you get on my bad side you might as well go ahead and quit because I am going to get you he likes to foster a hostile work environment and don't count on any help from HR
It was O.K.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNMay 9, 2018
Housekeeping was not fun. It was very degrading almost. I wouldn't recommend. Especially for the pay. The guests never tipped, and they were always a mess. Management was just about the money.
Overall fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNDecember 27, 2017
Fast paced work. Manager was the absolute best that I have ever worked for. Great environment. The history behind Blackberry Farms. Different departments are treated different.
Pros
discount on items or services, one free stay a year
Cons
Short break
It's a paycheck.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNOctober 6, 2017
As with any place such as this, unrealistic egos run high, throughout and run right on up the chain mostly. Validation is always present for most. Of course it is a stressful atmosphere. Some people are very talented though, but it helps to be in the right group at the Blueberry.. I mean Blackberry, *(it is more a park, not a farm). Unless you are comfortable being a tool for the wealthy and their cronies first hand, normal folk need not apply.
Excellent company
Executive Assistant to the Founder (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNSeptember 19, 2017
Excellent company with a great staff, beautiful location and well organized, teaching impeccable guest focus to all employees regardless of the position.
excellent place to work
Driver/ Assistant at shooting range (Current Employee) –  Walland, TNAugust 25, 2017
the work environment is fast paced but enjoyable with friendly co-workers with a family aspect of employment. the tasks can be difficult but overall will help employees improve their skills with time management, discipline, and attention to detail.
bleh, it's a place to earn a paycheck but it is also soul crushing.
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Walland, TNAugust 19, 2017
Blackberry Farm does offer career advancement, however, it isn't the type of place I would want to advance so that doesn't really appeal to me. Other than that it can be hard to work there. They definitely pick favorites and if you're not one than work can get hard. They also do not do much to remove employees who regularly cause problems.
Pros
tips
Cons
uniform
Family Enviroment
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNAugust 12, 2017
I enjoyed very much working for blackberry they treated me like family and it is a very fast pace company and its so beautiful there and i loved everyday i worked.
Engaging and fullfilling
IN ROOM DINING ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Walland, TNMay 21, 2017
Blackberry Farm encourages personal growth and makes you feel great about the job you do. A typical day begins and ends with taking care of guest and providing the best possible experience for each. The attention that all employees are encouraged to guests makes you feel part of a team with a great purpose in the goals of the company. Like with every job, you will find frustrations, this in my opinion is still an excellent place to work.
Pros
great discounts on dining and shopping, great insurance plans
Cons
pros and cons differ from department to department
Spa Coordinator
Spa Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNMay 8, 2017
Scheduled all massages, facials, manicures, pedicures. Learned lots of great customer service skills. Beautiful place to work everyday. Great program to teach new people skills of how they wanted Blackberry Employees to be.
Beautiful and Friendly work environment
Assistant Dog Trainer (Former Employee) –  Walland, TNMay 6, 2017
One of the most beautiful places I've worked to date. I truly miss my fellow co-workers and the ability to meet new people everyday. The environment is very positive.
Pros
Free lunches, Mountain views
Cons
At times we didnt have a chance to take a lunch break
Great workplace with beautiful scenery and friendly people.
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Walland, TNApril 3, 2017
Duties include assisting guests with luggage during check-in and check-out procedures, answering any questions or concerns they may have, safe operation of guest and company vehicles, helping setup meeting and event spaces, and other various tasks. I have learned how to converse and compose myself around high clientele. The management team is strong and willing to help if necessary. The work culture is fairly relaxed, but can be stressful at times depending how busy it gets. The hardest part of the job is working out in the elements and lifting heavy bags. My favorite part of the job is meeting and talking to various guests, driving nice cars from time, and helping guests with any questions or needs they have.
Pros
Paid lunch, beautiful work environment, meeting new people
Cons
Working out in the elements (rain, snow, cold)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackberry Farm. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about