Blackboard Inc.
Get weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Questions and Answers about Blackboard Inc.

Ask or search question

Don't see your question? Post it publicly! Please don't submit any personal information.Guidelines
The best questions are directly relevant to Blackboard Inc..
  • What is the work environment and culture like?
  • How are the working hours?
  • What are some tips for doing well in the interview?

39 questions

There are many many thing that Blackboard Inc. could do to improve their company. First. Get rid of the current management from supervisors to the executives. Show as much care for salaried members of the company as you do for the hourly (here's a hint...don't care at all) employees. Do away with the shift bidding process but keep the ranking system so that when a shift comes available, people can pursue that shift if they want. Stop throwing more and more clients on the call center agents; sure it's better for your bottom line, but when you have clients who have no idea how a phone call works and they have no idea what kind of people they have working for them or attending, it only means stress for the people actually taking the calls. Take responsibility for your mistakes and admit to them. A passing conversation with 1 person out of the thousands of employees you're responsible does not constitute an apology (remember the mistake that started from November to Jan' when our executives and their ''infinite'' wisdom decided to lay off nearly 70% of our workforce and skill the remaining 30% with EVERYTHING? That caused many people to leave who've been with you for years and others lose complete faith in their management. You went from LEADERS to MANAGERS and showed absolutely NO recourse for the mistake that YOU made!).

I feel like I'm talking to a child when I deal with anyone from your company from seasoned hourly employees to seasoned salaried employees. The reason I say this is because you DON'T TAKE ADVICE from ANYONE but yourselves and the people within your extremely small circles. This company has many individuals who are capable of taking the company to heights unforeseen in the past, but due to constant mistakes and constant mismanagement from the top down, this company has done more to push the local populations to view the company as an insult and a job for anyone who's desperate than to earn a reputation for being a good company that has direction.


It should mean something when the same problems you have with one branch are unanimous among ALL of your branches. That doesn't mean there's a problem with the places you decide to do business in, but a problem with the people you decide to have RUN your business.

Answered May 27, 2019

Unpredictable. They will change your fixed schedule without giving you notice.

Answered June 9, 2019

None that I know of

Answered October 3, 2017

You sit and wait to be interviewed, your ask a series of questions and perform some tasks. If you are hired you continue the paperwork and then wait until your start date for training.

Answered January 2, 2020

I agree no job security at all do not apply for the financial analyst position that is being advertised. Supervisors and upper management in finance are terrible. No job security.

Answered August 25, 2017

At this point, due to reputation in this community, they have opened a satellite recruiting office to add visibility. In short, their layoff and business practices have not gone over well in the community, so they need to make themselves more accessible. It's a same day hiring. They need butts to fill their seats.

Answered July 16, 2017

None for finance at all.

Answered August 25, 2017
Please note that all of this content is user-generated and its accuracy is not guaranteed by Indeed or this company.
Claimed Profile