Blackboard Inc.

Blackboard Inc. Employee Reviews for Financial Advisor

Blackboard Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Okay at first then sucks

I worked here for 2 years. Management is okay but they play favoritism. Took on new schools and they went downhill from there. Work environment needs to be better. Just like high school. So much gossip even between the supervisors . Wouldn’t recommend

I love the interaction from each client.

I feel I have completed my job successfully after I have covered all the questions asked of me. I feel I have contributed to the value of this company knowing each client has successfully completed thier tasks. This is a great contributed work for. I have gained so much from the time I have started my employment

I enjoyed my time here

Enjoyed the work I did with this company and would love to go back to work there. The staff was great and it was a good environment. Very clean and organized

worst place ever

worst place to work at. Bad pay. They don't care about you or how you feel they just want you to do the work regardless. Horrible management. They didn't even ask me for my tax information (like dependents and stuff like that).

Upbeat Environment

My experience with Blackboard, compared to other call centers, was a good one. Leadership was very caring and helpful. Although the position was temporary, I felt that the people that had worked there were striving diligently to make each person feel apart of the company.

Pros

Environment

Cons

Seasonal Position

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Fun upbeat place to work with a "family" atmosphere.

I enjoyed the fun competitiveness and up beat atmosphere. I appreciated that my hard work and experience was recognized which opened the door for advancement.

Pros

Team event/pot lucks

Cons

Reduced lunch breaks if high call volumes

Good Job if you dont have kids

It was a good job to have. It just got tiring during the down period. I am a single parent and had no proper child-care at the time. Now he's starting school this year.

Family oriented environment

Opportunities to advance in the knowledge of how each institution facilitated daily with financial aid, enrollment, and overall school functions. Comfortable environment.

Hard job for small pay

First, I will start by saying the hiring process was misleading. It was a temp to hire position when I started but the interview never mentioned that. Luckily, this position wasn't permanent for me as I had always intended on relocating and pretty much my entire training class quit after getting on the call floor, if not for these factors I don't know if I would still be employed which would have been devastating considering I quit another permanent full time position for this "job".. You get no paid time off, benefits I heard are not worth the bother based on high deductibles. They will not work with you during emergencies, but rather work you like a slave, especially during times of where the center is understaffed. Lunches get cut at short notice for example but if you come in after a certain its not. Fairness is a topic not worth discussing, however the training was not efficient as to we were thrown into the job extremely unprepared. There was unprofessional conduct during the ENTIRE training class that was a prelude to the horror waiting to come. The Quality Assurance team I found to be sketchy to say the least. Part2- PAY AND WORK CULTURE The pay is extremely low for such a high paced, intense data entry job, My manager does nothing and never wants to be involved in anything ans was even quoted as saying" I'm trying to stay away from the calls" Although he is a call center supervisor. How disturbing and iroric, which is why I dont recommend this company. I could go on but its not worth my time. Its served the temporary purpose for my needs at the time.

Pros

great career advancement

Cons

company has horrible incentives to keep employees around

Under trained

When I was hired, I was told that I would be the financial aid department and was only trained on that. That changed when I got to the floor. Everything from there was winging it.

Pros

Hour lunch, up-to-date systems

Cons

High call volume, unruly quality scores to meet.

Blackboard Inc. by the way.

I would say that the work for blackboard is an intense training, but a laid back job, once you understand the "how to's" in the system. Reason being, most of the call flow is your own words... It seems as if you learn more about gaining access to the tools given, than the job itself. As far as the job, there is consistency in calls and easy call flows, most of the time. I would recommend this job for a person who would like to try call center for the first time, and would like a great experience. Blackboard can teach you a lot.

Pros

easy access to real lunch, and accessibility to stores near by for bills among other things.

Cons

strict on policy, and turnaround time is high.

Fun workplace,With great Anmenities.

Atmosphere phenomenal, comfortable setting, advancements to exceed job and progress to higher role. Accommodations outstanding. Trainers are phenomenal, Human resources commendable.

Pros

Family setting

Cons

N/a

It was your basic desk job.

Basic desk job on the sense that you're on the phone with over one hundred strangers a day, assisting them with any problems they may have. It really teaches you how to have a professional phone voice.

Its ideal for students who is looking for partime work

Its a great place for students. The atmosphere is great it can be stressful at times but overall a great company to work for.

Pros

Great management, supervisors

Cons

To much layoffs

Great work environment

Blackboard was my favorite job. Great people. I enjoyed helping students. I had a great amount of satisfaction working for this company.

Love Working Here

I came in as a temporarily employee for the financial aid group.I knew that it was temporarily so I was okay with that. Overall the company is very laid back. Of course like any company they have rules and regulations. I loved working with my co-workers and helping the students. Compensation matches the job duties. I continue to go back for the seasonal positions because I enjoy the time off in between. Great company and Management.

Cons

Hired into your schedule

Great company bad management

The job was very easy but the communication between upper management and their employees not so good I learned all about financial aid.I loved my coworkers

Seasonal Position

Blackboard is a good place to work for someone who is unfamiliar with the call center experience. As a whole, it is comfortable and upon being hired you have a option to choose a schedule that best suits you and your family needs. They are flexible, and understanding and always willing to work with you in unforeseen circumstances. I enjoy working there because they treat you like family.

Pros

Schedules that suit your lifestyle, Excellent Mgmt

Cons

Seasonal Position

Cool place to work, wonderful atmosphere

It's a cool place to work, and it teaches you how the financial aid systems really works. The job is pretty easy once you figure out where to go to get information.

Management could use some work.

I've worked at Blackboard Inc for 3 years. I have consistently shown my leadership potential within those 3 years. I have received the President's Award for being one of the top agents of the year. I have been a top agent several weeks on several different clients. No matter the tasks given to me, I step up to the plate and prove that I am capable of taking on any client. I have applied for several leadership positions, yet I don't even get an interview. I have had one interview for a different position in 3 years, but never received a response as to if the position got filled, why I didn't get the position, or anything. You basically have to be buddy buddy with all of management to get a higher position, they do not base it off of performance. Overall it's an okay place to work, but it's very stressful. Half of the equipment never works, the management is useless, and we never have clear answers to our questions. The pay is decent for the area.

Pros

Hour lunch, pay is decent.

Cons

Benefits aren't that good, management is a mess

Repetitive

A typical day at work is working with students on their financial aid problems. Going to break and lunch and making sure i am back on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackboard Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Blackboard Inc. with

Career recommendations for Financial Advisor

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Blackboard Inc.