Blackboard Inc.

Blackboard Inc. Employee Reviews for Financial Advisor in Killeen, TX

Blackboard Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Okay at first then sucks

I worked here for 2 years. Management is okay but they play favoritism. Took on new schools and they went downhill from there. Work environment needs to be better. Just like high school. So much gossip even between the supervisors . Wouldn’t recommend

I enjoyed my time here

Enjoyed the work I did with this company and would love to go back to work there. The staff was great and it was a good environment. Very clean and organized

Upbeat Environment

My experience with Blackboard, compared to other call centers, was a good one. Leadership was very caring and helpful. Although the position was temporary, I felt that the people that had worked there were striving diligently to make each person feel apart of the company.

Pros

Environment

Cons

Seasonal Position

Good Job if you dont have kids

It was a good job to have. It just got tiring during the down period. I am a single parent and had no proper child-care at the time. Now he's starting school this year.

Under trained

When I was hired, I was told that I would be the financial aid department and was only trained on that. That changed when I got to the floor. Everything from there was winging it.

Pros

Hour lunch, up-to-date systems

Cons

High call volume, unruly quality scores to meet.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Blackboard Inc. by the way.

I would say that the work for blackboard is an intense training, but a laid back job, once you understand the "how to's" in the system. Reason being, most of the call flow is your own words... It seems as if you learn more about gaining access to the tools given, than the job itself. As far as the job, there is consistency in calls and easy call flows, most of the time. I would recommend this job for a person who would like to try call center for the first time, and would like a great experience. Blackboard can teach you a lot.

Pros

easy access to real lunch, and accessibility to stores near by for bills among other things.

Cons

strict on policy, and turnaround time is high.

Fun workplace,With great Anmenities.

Atmosphere phenomenal, comfortable setting, advancements to exceed job and progress to higher role. Accommodations outstanding. Trainers are phenomenal, Human resources commendable.

Pros

Family setting

Cons

N/a

Its ideal for students who is looking for partime work

Its a great place for students. The atmosphere is great it can be stressful at times but overall a great company to work for.

Pros

Great management, supervisors

Cons

To much layoffs

Very unorganized and poorly managed

A typical work day during the peak periods of the year would be non-stop back to back calls with a very little break. Granted, I did gain plenty of training and learn new things but majority of it was unnecessary which took some employees away from the overflow of calls. I've learned how to help students with managing their finances, admissions, registrations, refunds, biling and payments and human resources. There was absolutely nothing enjoyable about my job and it became extremely stressful when our management team started telling some employees to stay home for 2-3 weeks because they couldn't afford to pay us. Shortly after that they began conducting hour and wage cuts because of the budget. They could no longer afford to pay their employees.

Cons

not very flexible when it comes to personal health problems and hospital visits.

A great place to learn about all the different colleges.

A typical day at work would mean being on the phones taking inbound calls answering questions about students financial aid packages, setting up tickets to troubleshoot any questions that cannot be answered by you. Learned alot about the different colleges and where they are located and how they handle their financial aid systems. Management was always available to help in anyway. Co-workers come and go as at any call center. Hardest part of the job is learning in two weeks how to handle 9 different schools. The most enjoyable was learning how to apply for financial aid and making good connections with the students and parents who called in.

Pros

getting to learn new things about different colleges.

Cons

having to train in 2 weeks for 9 different schools.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Blackboard Inc.?