Blackfinn Ameripub

Blackfinn Ameripub Employee Reviews

fun environment with great management
The managers treated employees with respect and actually care about their employees. I was a food runner so I did not make good money. I only made a small percentage of tipouts. Other than that it's a fun environment to work in
Empty promises
This job is amazing because of your coworkers and the people that come in, but when it comes to management and trying to move up, it's not so great. When you try to get noticed and you have a limited schedule it just doesn't work. Maybe it will change who knows.
Line Cook
Good place to work. Nice people. Menu is varied. The management works well with its staff. Great location. Work is face paced, time goes by quickly.
Pros
Upscale Restaurant
Was ok
Very cliquey!!! And every one really only cared about the people they were real close with. Same goes for management. Only room for growth was for people management was friends with!
It was a fun and productive work environment.
Could be more opportunity advancement. There may be months that money is not made. Give the employees ways to make a income when no income has been made for the day.
Pros
Meeting new people and creating new relationships.
Cons
Not a guarantee that money will be made.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Training was invaluable
The training and support I received for my management position were phenomenal from the corporate level but restaurant GM in this particular location was inexperienced and did not hold employees to a high standard of work. There was a lack of pride I saw from coworkers that affected the company culture.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
inexperienced staff
More than your average sports bar
Really good atmosphere for a variety of scenarios. Game watching, dinner with family, private events - they have a great mix of areas that will make you feel that you get your money's worth regardless of the occasion that you visit!
Fast paced and ability to move up
As someone that was very interested in working in food service this company gave me a chance and allowed me to work my way up from just a host all the way up to a trainer in the kitchen this is a great company and if anyone who is interested in food service get the opportunity to work here I would say take it.
Fun place to work at, horrible management.
The job itself was not bad and I loved working on a team and the structure behind everything that made working on the team easy and great. The main problem was management. It was a brand new restaurant and the manager's weren't experienced enough to run the restaurant efficiently.
Fairly busy Restaurant that hosts parties and events
Typically easy day(depending on the customers)
Management was nice and helpful, would step in and assist if needed.

Held a lot of parties and events which allowed for good money making opportunities
Fast paced, fun,great food/scratch kitchen
I really enjoyed my time at Blackfinn. They offer a very a chef driven concept in a fun kitchen atmosphere. I really enjoyed the creative freedom when reconstructing the menu and offering daily special and events menu. Relaxed but structured atmosphere.
Pros
Good benefits, great menu, fun line
Cons
long days, sometimes 12-14 hours. Lackadaisical front of the house staff
Disorganized
The management is unsure of what they are doing which leads to high turnover and dissatisfied employees. Work long hours for very little pay and no recognition for the work you do.
Great atmosphere and employees
Job was amazing and a pleasure to work at but it closed all of sudden with no notice or warning! I got to know a lot of awesome individuals and I wish to continue to meet more amazing ppl
Pros
Great food and employees
Cons
High prices
Productive fun environment
Productive fun environment. Great for hosting large and small private functions. Awesome Happy Hour location. Tons of televisions which are great for game days.
Pros
Great food
Cons
No late night
Enjoyable work atmosphere
I liked working at Blackfinn. Team work was strongly encouraged. Management was extremely helpful in anything they could do. Front of house staff was cross trained in case positions needed to be filled at last minute.
productive
learned the register system and fine tuned my kitchen management skills. make some good friends and learned a ton of new recipes to carry on in the future.
Great, fun place to work. If you put the time in you will make lots of money here.
I loved working with all the people here. Everyone is very nice and always willing to lend a helping hand.

There is a huge menu to learn but again the team is very nice and helpful with everything. The managers hold classes to help everyone learn different part of the menu.
Decent employer for the Hospitality Industry.
Ultimately, Blackfinn is an ambitious concept that sought to compete in an overly saturated market and was unable to set roots in Montgomery where the workforce is low on skills and high on social anxiety.
patio friendly
This place had a great patio and location. Even had a outdoor bar. But seemed to have problems with nightlife. Too bad both locations i worked at closed down. TABC problems.
Growing Company, still needed to work out some hitches
The location I worked for was located in Montgomery Alabama. Blackfinn has an ambitious menu and plan, however, those meta concepts are maddeningly difficult to execute. The labor pool in Montgomery Alabama was not capable of pulling the concept off.
Pros
Great aesthetic, Huge selection
Cons
New company, lacks experience
Fun workplace
flexible hours, fun people work and customers. Vibrant environment, most nights will make good money. Lots of events, great place to hangout with friends after work.
Pros
great disount
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackfinn Ameripub. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight