BLACKHAWK INDUSTRIAL Employee Reviews

Costing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 11, 2018
Working here was a good experience. All my coworkers were great to work with. Very relaxed working environment. Great benefit and compensation package.
Boring job
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 10, 2018
I was an AP Processor, and my daily job was to view, edit and approve digital images of invoices all day long. It was very boring and monotonous. It's okay as an entry level position, but not for someone who has a lot of accounting experience.
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Boring job
Good pay, don’t give second chances
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKMay 10, 2018
If you’re wanting a job where you have to worry about your job security on an hourly basis this ones for you. Like that feeling of if you mess one thing up you’re fired? Apply for this job. Like that unnerving feeling of that your manager teaches you wrong so your boss is down your throat? Apply for this job. Are you the type of person that likes a false sense of work security? AWESOME! Apply for this job!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Don’t make one mistake or you’re gone!
Thrown to the Wolves
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 22, 2018
This is a great job for someone with sales experience and with a knowledge of tooling and manufacturing. This could just be how my branch operated, but having no sales/tooling experience I felt lost from day one.

I never received an orientation or formal training for this position. After taking it upon myself to sign up for courses through our different vendors, I was denied so I could focus on sales. Knowing full well I did not have any experience upon my hire, I was told I don't need to know the products and to just sell. I was basically forced to learn on my own through YouTube videos after work. I felt like an idiot when speaking with potential customers.

There has been a lot of turnover with upper management over the past year and nobody ever told us what was going on. I normally found out what was happening with BlackHawk through our vendors.

This job does provide you with a lot of freedom and flexibility. I was not assigned a specific territory or given leads, so it is basically completely up to you to find your own customers/leads.

Also, the majority of the time is spent servicing existing customers, I spent 2.5-3 full days with one customer every week. Which only gives you 2 days to focus on sales. Being an integrated supplier with a large customer is a tough sell, as we are providing a service more than selling a product. Most negotiations with large customers are handled at a corporate level.

Our pricing is competitive with our competition, however our website was by far the worst out of everyone's. It was common for BlackHawk employees and customers
  more... to use MSC's website when trying to find a specific item.

All in all it was a great experience learning a sales position, but I can't help but feel like I was set up to fail. I wouldn't recommend this position to someone without prior knowledge of the industry/ cutting tools.
Pros
Freedom, casual dress code, CSRs/IT/Sales teams were all very friendly and went above and beyond to help eachother.
Cons
Training, website, management, companies vision constantly changing
productive and fun
Laborer (Former Employee) –  KansasFebruary 12, 2018
It was a very fast pace job and very productive I love this job and wish I could go back but I am not able to. I learned a lot with this job I was getting into more equipment and I loved it. The days were long and tiring and i enjoyed it a lot.
Pros
nice people, hours were awesome
Cons
tired easily alot of moving around
a nice place to work
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  PostfallsJanuary 31, 2018
my typical day did not change much it was the same thing everyday I learned how to sew military uniforms, and flags for the military and gun holsters. the management were wonderful to work for.
Pros
seeing my coworkers everyday
Cons
repitious work
Productive and quick paced enviroment
Tool Crib Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 26, 2017
I really enjoyed working and learning at BlackHawk. Bosses were great. Learned a lot on a daily basis. It was enjoyable to come into work. I would recommend this place.
Good
Warehouse/ Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 10, 2017
Overall, Good company to work for. Everyone works well as a team to help each other out, from the warehouse to the VP. Couldn't ask for a better team to work with.
Pros
Team
Productive work
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2017
Forklift operator shipping and receiving
Making appointment and buying and selling steel coil.
Start 3pm of by 11 hours were basically pretty good this leave's you a little more time in the day.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Wages
A great place to work!
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 16, 2017
A very comfortable , but yet professional environment. A great group of people to work with. Advanced education driven and a positive atmosphere. Family oriented company.
Customer Service
Site Manager 1 (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2017
This is great job salesman's and machinist on the rise. Company has great partnership with companies and vendors. Blackhawk is great company to network through make future connections.
Productive and supportive enviroment!
Tool Crib Attendant (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OK 73533September 7, 2017
I absolutely love working for this company! The only reason I am searching for a new job is because Blackhawk is being taken over by another company! The environment is so laid back (even though it stays busy). You are able to learn everything you want and need and everyone is super supportive if you have any questions! Love the people and the company!
Ok place to work
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OK 73536July 3, 2017
Besides the night shift hours interfering with my daily life this place was decent. There was little communication between staff which caused tension at times. Promotions often came down to popularity contests and friends would be chosen over other workers. But despite all that i actually enjoyed working here.
Pros
Hours and pay
Cons
Management and coworkers
Agawam is a good place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAJuly 1, 2017
When I started here I noticed how small the place was. This turned out to be a good thing. It allows you to get work done quicker since everything is within close distance. It also allows you to get to know and talk to your coworkers frequently. It's a good bunch here. The manage is encouraging and works with the people. The sales group is good. They make it easy on the warehouse guys as they usually give a heads up as to what might be getting done. The head honcho of the place is very laid back. He knows everyone by name and actually has conversations with his team. Not many big bosses do that. The only bad thing is this job gets repetitive fast. You also get to see some gun manufacturers, which not many other jobs will grant you.
Pros
People and good environment
Cons
Very repetitive
good core values
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 27, 2017
Initially it was great, then accounting went through numerous staffing changes and let go of the longer term employees who had worked many hours for them. I wish they had left a better impression because I liked working there.
Some of the employees worked hard.
Application Specialist Fluids Manager (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 1, 2017
Culture and management were really good. Moving in to new headquarters is when everything changed. Upper management had no connection with employees at all. there was some of the employees that were the favorite ones and they didn't wok hard at all but were always treated as they did. Company had a great future but seems as though the best thing would be to sell it.
Pros
Benifits were ok and always got a check
Cons
Poor leadership. Really needs help.
Work was really good and I worked with great people.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Las VegasMay 5, 2017
Working at Blackhawk was great. I started the day at seven a.m. every Monday-Friday. I would get there and set up all the tools and equipment for the job. After that I would clean up the work site all day. It was a lot of beinding over, crouching, heavy lifting, and a lot more physical work. The hard work didn't bother me because I always had something to do.
Friendly, fast paced, outspoken and fun place to work
Office Assistant/warehouse assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 18, 2017
Working at Blackhawk, there was always a good vibe. Everyone always spoke to each other and we'll have little parties on holidays or even random days where we just have lunch, breakfast or dessert for everyone. Play games and do our work all at the same time and that's what I like about this place because we could work and still have a good time.
fun workplace clean n very active
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mayflower, ARMarch 1, 2017
Great place not only do they teach you on how to run equipment they also help you become a better person there's no big i's and lil you's teamwork
Current Emoloyee
Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 22, 2017
Good company but very weak on standardization, policy and structure. "Higher Ups" are very uncertain about future of company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BLACKHAWK INDUSTRIAL. Our community is ready to answer.