Blackhawk Network Employee Reviews

Organizational leadership
Sr Manager, IT Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA 94588July 25, 2018
Leadership empowered and enabled teams to develop and deliver improvements and solutions. Creative thinking was encouraged. Team building events planned throughout each quarter.
Great Company
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 20, 2018
A good part time job, but not enough work. It is enjoyable work for the most part and I would recommend for anyone looking for something to fill some time.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Company where growth happens only after ages
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 9, 2018
Not a good company to work for if you want to grow. Very slow. Even if you do work, they will say we cannot give you growth as we do not have budget. So If you want to grow big, then this is not the cpmpany
bad place to work
NOC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 9, 2018
EA Sports is a division of Electronic Arts that develops and publishes sports video games. Formerly a marketing gimmick of Electronic Arts, in which they tried to imitate real-life sports networks
Political Stress
Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 17, 2018
There is a lot of political stress, however work is challenging. Management uses negative motivation to get the work done. There is a lack of corrective measures to remedy a situation that the management knows is not right. There is no meritocracy.
Pros
Free Fruits and Snacks
Cons
no meritocracy
Great employee moral
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 12, 2018
Fun Environment, just poor advancement within the company. Great games and food and prizes and bbq's. Set times not enough pay a lot of dead time. Not enough vacation time.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no pay raise
Best place I ever worked. Didn't last.
Intern Contractor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 11, 2018
The branch of the company I was brought onto was the best place I ever worked.

Everybody was laid-back and friendly and encouraging. Management and leads put an immense amount of trust into us. So long as we got our work done in a timely fashion, the methodology behind how we got there was irrelevant. We were welcome to take reasonable breaks and breaths of fresh air.

It seemed they truly believed that happy employees were productive employees and we responded in kind with our best work.

Sadly, there were numerous technical difficulties surrounding our projects and our IT infrastructure, which meant that productivity frequently screeched to a halt on a weekly if not daily basis.
Pros
Free weekly lunch, encouragement to take breaks
Cons
meetings occasionally ran too long, frequent faults in IT infrastructure
Fastpaced, start up environment perfect for go-getters and gaining valuable experience in a growing business
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 19, 2018
Fast-paced, start up environment perfect for go-getters and gaining valuable experience in a growing business.

Hardest part of the job is the demanding nature of the company/business, Most enjoyable is all of the wonderful people you get to work with.
Was a good place to intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 19, 2018
I had an internship here and it was more of a shadow internship as they did not have a built internship program. It was a good start to have real world work experience.
Great team, great employer
Sr. Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 6, 2018
I really don't have anything bad to say about Blackhawk Network. They might be a little too big, but I love my office, the people I work with, and I know that what I'm working on will be valued.
Unusually bad for a field merchandiser job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOFebruary 17, 2018
Grocery store employees resented my efforts to set the prepaid cards tomplanogram. They'd call my supervisor to complain. Often stores like Circle K would not have needed supplies or backstock
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Dealing with riff raf store personnel
Na
ENGINEERING LEAD (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 2, 2018
It is a good company to work for in the east bay. new technologies and fast paced culture. does not have too many employees or large scale projects. Good for 3 years
Wonderful place to work. Very organized and professional.
Representative (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 29, 2018
They are a wonderful company to work for. There is support from management on all levels. I would highly recommend working for this group. The companies work standards are very high.
great environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 27, 2018
management was great, everyone was helpful if you didn't know how to complete a task there was always someone available to help you complete it, several options for break locations
Pros
great management
Cons
it was kind of far from my home
good place to work
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 26, 2018
flexible job and I like the boss i work with. the pay is decent but the pay increases could be better yearly. I work from home so I do not really see anyone else but I like that.
Lots of career advancement opportunities.
Software QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 19, 2018
There are several career advancement opportunities.
Free lunches are occasionally provided.
There is a regular classroom-type knowledge sharing session.
Fast Pace
Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 17, 2018
A very busy and fast pace company who is constantly making changes with staffing.
The hardest part of the job is watching good management leave, especially when they are a huge part of making the company grow.
Pros
Management that are left are great.
Cons
Pay is low.
To be very honest...
Associate (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 9, 2018
There is no typical day. The communication between the corporate office of Blackhawk and the retail establishment is horrible or close to none. At store level, no one cares who you are or what you do. There is no rhyme or reason for the inventory control. The supermarket chains go to their own beat. If there are holes it's fine and you can not fix it or try to make any sense. Some stores just trash the product, others just don't care. I found this very pitiful and frustrating.The organization itself has to be reorganized. Territories are not mapped out or logical.
The hardest part of the job is massive disorganization. Simply stated, I figure the product itself has no monetary value therefore, receives no attention. The try to micro manage but are not successful

This is high on my least favorite job list.

This may not make sense to anyone but if you are an employee that
is conscientious and cares about doing a good job this is the wrong stop!
Pros
get paid on time
Cons
micro manage, disorganized, GPS on employee every minute...sign in sign out, pictures of everything that make no sense, disorganized
Overly stressed workplace
Sr. Security Engineer--SIEM (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 5, 2018
The IT work-space was very stressed, due to understaffed departments. The staff were great, but underpaid and overworked. Too many projects and not enough clear direction was the rule of the day, as BN expanded too quickly for their understanding of compliance and security. (Going from supermarket chain mindsets, when BN was spun off from Safeway, to creating, maintaining, and securing a huge credit-card banking/financial house, is a HUGE leap.)
Pros
Challenging assignments
Cons
Too few resources.
Great Part-Time Flexible job
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company. I am currently looking for a new jobs with better pay and more flexibility. I want to work 10-20 hours per week. This was possible when I first started working for the company. Now I am continually working 25 hours per week. When given these hours, the job becomes less flexible. The company wants you to front load your week. If there is a short week due to a holiday, it makes it tough to get the calls finished in 3 days.
Pros
flexible, independent
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackhawk Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight