Blackhawk Network Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Family setting with a company kickball and softball team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 10, 2018
Everyone has a smile on their face happy to be able to help customer with information about submitting information management is always hands on and happy to help when needed breaks are every 2 hours from start time. The hardest part is making sure that you meet all of your metrics seeing that you have put a smile on your customer face by the end of your call.
Pros
company bbq on site baseball tickets to see Reno Aces
Cons
Higher pay rate
Commission & Contracts Analyst
Contracts and Commission Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 29, 2018
Blackhawk Network is the leader in Gift Card processing, I manage the United Sates Core Business, balancing the daily request requires the need to prioritize and deliver the needs of the company. New contract and amendment review for new billing and new payables and submitting tickets to the settlement team. Filling requests for commission schedule and ensuring all the reports and data are correct. Attending meetings when there are new product launches and answering question at random for rates etc.
Management is very busy working on other matters, so I am self-managed.
Hardest part of the job is nothing...
Enjoyable part is seeing the numbers at the end of each period.
Pros
no micromanagement
Cons
recently acquired
Avoid this place
Senior Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2018
Blackhawk has horrible work life balance - poor management - no raises and no chances for advancement. Management is rude and does not care for employees. Very little compensation for mileage.
Productive and stressful at times
Call Center (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 4, 2018
A typical day at Cardpool.com is processing incoming and outgoing orders. Trouble shooting external equipment. Answering various Kisk support questions and addressing concerns and creating service tickets.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Pay
Organizational leadership
Sr Manager, IT Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA 94588July 25, 2018
Leadership empowered and enabled teams to develop and deliver improvements and solutions. Creative thinking was encouraged. Team building events planned throughout each quarter.
Great Company
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 20, 2018
A good part time job, but not enough work. It is enjoyable work for the most part and I would recommend for anyone looking for something to fill some time.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Company where growth happens only after ages
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 9, 2018
Not a good company to work for if you want to grow. Very slow. Even if you do work, they will say we cannot give you growth as we do not have budget. So If you want to grow big, then this is not the cpmpany
bad place to work
NOC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 9, 2018
EA Sports is a division of Electronic Arts that develops and publishes sports video games. Formerly a marketing gimmick of Electronic Arts, in which they tried to imitate real-life sports networks
Political Stress
Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 17, 2018
There is a lot of political stress, however work is challenging. Management uses negative motivation to get the work done. There is a lack of corrective measures to remedy a situation that the management knows is not right. There is no meritocracy.
Pros
Free Fruits and Snacks
Cons
no meritocracy
Great employee moral
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 12, 2018
Fun Environment, just poor advancement within the company. Great games and food and prizes and bbq's. Set times not enough pay a lot of dead time. Not enough vacation time.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no pay raise
Best place I ever worked. Didn't last.
Intern Contractor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 11, 2018
The branch of the company I was brought onto was the best place I ever worked.

Everybody was laid-back and friendly and encouraging. Management and leads put an immense amount of trust into us. So long as we got our work done in a timely fashion, the methodology behind how we got there was irrelevant. We were welcome to take reasonable breaks and breaths of fresh air.

It seemed they truly believed that happy employees were productive employees and we responded in kind with our best work.

Sadly, there were numerous technical difficulties surrounding our projects and our IT infrastructure, which meant that productivity frequently screeched to a halt on a weekly if not daily basis.
Pros
Free weekly lunch, encouragement to take breaks
Cons
meetings occasionally ran too long, frequent faults in IT infrastructure
Fastpaced, start up environment perfect for go-getters and gaining valuable experience in a growing business
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 19, 2018
Fast-paced, start up environment perfect for go-getters and gaining valuable experience in a growing business.

Hardest part of the job is the demanding nature of the company/business, Most enjoyable is all of the wonderful people you get to work with.
Was a good place to intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 19, 2018
I had an internship here and it was more of a shadow internship as they did not have a built internship program. It was a good start to have real world work experience.
Great team, great employer
Sr. Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 6, 2018
I really don't have anything bad to say about Blackhawk Network. They might be a little too big, but I love my office, the people I work with, and I know that what I'm working on will be valued.
Unusually bad for a field merchandiser job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOFebruary 17, 2018
Grocery store employees resented my efforts to set the prepaid cards tomplanogram. They'd call my supervisor to complain. Often stores like Circle K would not have needed supplies or backstock
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Dealing with riff raf store personnel
Na
ENGINEERING LEAD (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 2, 2018
It is a good company to work for in the east bay. new technologies and fast paced culture. does not have too many employees or large scale projects. Good for 3 years
Wonderful place to work. Very organized and professional.
Representative (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 29, 2018
They are a wonderful company to work for. There is support from management on all levels. I would highly recommend working for this group. The companies work standards are very high.
great environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 27, 2018
management was great, everyone was helpful if you didn't know how to complete a task there was always someone available to help you complete it, several options for break locations
Pros
great management
Cons
it was kind of far from my home
good place to work
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 26, 2018
flexible job and I like the boss i work with. the pay is decent but the pay increases could be better yearly. I work from home so I do not really see anyone else but I like that.
Lots of career advancement opportunities.
Software QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 19, 2018
There are several career advancement opportunities.
Free lunches are occasionally provided.
There is a regular classroom-type knowledge sharing session.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackhawk Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight