Blackmon Mooring & BMSCAT Employee Reviews

extensive travel with everything shared
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 14, 2018
The pay was on the low side for a supervisor position, all rooms were shared, as many as eight (8) people would be assinged to one (1) vehicle, when fliing they would only buy one (1) way tickets, which meant you were always searched.
Really loved my job.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 8, 2018
Fast paced. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I was always recognized for sales which pushed me to do more. I enjoyed helping people..
Pros
Compensation
Cons
On call 24
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2018
It’s a good company to work for. A good way to see the world and make a difference helping people who have been affected by natural disasters. Hours are great and the pay is great.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
very hard and long hours
flex lead (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 18, 2018
the company of bms is an overall good company, everyday you work is going to be long and hard. the work is very labor intensive and stressfull because its possible to workon multi million dollar houses/ businesses.
August 1, 2018

Thank you so much for this review! I’m happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your time with us and I hope you will join our team again someday. You are correct; this is a very fast paced industry, and the nature of our business requires all of us to assist our clients when they need us most. That being said, we are very grateful to you and the rest of teams for working long, sometimes odd hours to help families in need. The hours can be tough, but they can also be very rewarding!

Large loss adjuster
Large Loss Estimator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 11, 2018
Terrible place to work. No organization just people scrambling around trying to figure things out. A Very unprofessional establishment and has no problems with committing unethical practices.
Pros
Cons
Waste time with this company.
August 1, 2018

Thank you for your candid comments. I’m sorry to hear that your time working for Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT was not positive. With that said, ethics and professionalism stands as the foundation in which our core values represent. We take great pride in conducting ethical business practices and if you believe our actions did not align with our core values, I would love to speak to you in further detail.

Ok
Construction Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 7, 2018
You arent guaranteed 40 hours a week. You could be working more, or you could be working less. Reconstruction supervisor is not the greatest leader. Other than that, decent company but could improve on benefits.
Pros
Somewhat relaxed
Cons
No 401k unless youre a supervisor
August 1, 2018

Thank you so much for this review! I will say that we are part of a challenging industry. Disasters and catastrophes are inconsistent and unpredictable, therefore the workflow will ebb and flow over time and throughout season changes. With that being said, each day brings new challenges, which makes our company an exciting place to work. Working for our company is truly rewarding because we get to help people when they need us the most. In regards to reconstruction supervisor, our leadership team works hard to support our team members. Lastly, in regards to our benefits. All employees are eligible to join the 401k plan after one year of employment. Additionally, all employees after 60 days of employment receive healthcare insurance that the premium is paid 100% by the company. I encourage you to visit with your local General Manager to become more informed regarding the benefits afforded to you as an employee. If you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Bad work moral
Mold Remediation Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2018
You work 6 days a week 24 hr. call. No time for family. you work all the time up to 50 or more a week. No holliday time off. At best 2 days off don't get sick because they will fire you .
June 27, 2018

Thank you for providing your review! We are sorry to hear that the time you worked for Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT wasn’t a positive experience. I want to touch on your comments regarding long and odd hours. You are correct; this is a very fast paced industry, and the nature of our business requires all of us to assist our clients when they need us most. That being said, we are very grateful to you and the rest of our Emergency Response and cleaning teams for working long, sometimes odd hours to help families in need. The hours can be tough, but they can also be very rewarding!
In your post you mentioned holiday time off. As a company, we honor major holidays, but occasionally have to ask our team to help if certain emergency situations arise. With that said, if you feel you were treated unfairly in regards to holiday pay or sick leave, please reach out to me.”

Decent pay, tough job.
Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2018
Pays well enough, will dominate your life. It's a stressful job. Improvisation and adaptability are necessary. Hours are long and the work is tough. Has a pretty high turnover rate.
June 26, 2018

Thank you for providing us with this review! One aspect we pride ourselves on at Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT is competitive compensation, so it is great to hear that you mentioned the pay (and other perks associated with compensation) as a positive factor. I also wanted to touch on your comments regarding though work and long hours. Disasters and catastrophes are inconsistent and unpredictable, therefore the workflow will ebb and flow over time and throughout season changes. We are so grateful to the men and women that work long, sometimes odd hours to help families in need. The hours can be tough, but they can also be very rewarding! Thank you again for this review, and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 24, 2018
I have nothing to say about this company at this time. The job was good. My managers were nice. It was a good company to work for. I got to travel, they let me take off to be there for my kids.
June 26, 2018

Thank you so much for this review! I’m happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your time with us and I hope you will join our team again someday. We appreciate employees like yourself that bring a can-do attitude to every job site they work on.
THead@bmsmanagement.com

Fast paced, hard working environment
Crew Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canyon, TXMay 15, 2018
Work on the daily work assigned by each crew to do either carpet cleaning or air ducts, or do a clean up of a fire, water, or other natural disasters. I learned to work in a face paced, high-stress environment to meet customer needs. culture is very demanding and can be stressful. the hardest part of the job was to clean up certain jobs that varied when assigned., some jobs could be assigned late at night if you are the crew on call.
Pros
high pay, great benefits, paid vacations after 30 days, lunch breaks
Cons
high-paced, stress full jobs, physically demanding.
June 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT. One aspect we pride ourselves on at Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT is competitive compensation. In addition, we pay for your insurance as an employee of Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT. That is 100% of your premium that the employee does not need to pay. However, I will say that we are part of a challenging industry, and we are so grateful to the men and women that work long, sometimes odd hours to help families in need. The hours can be tough, but they can also be very rewarding! Thank you again for this review, and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

Very unorganized management structure
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2018
I think as an overall company BMS is great. The San Antonio office has some major management organizational issues. No one wants to accept responsibility but are quick to point the finger. There was no formal training. Pay was great. People are great. Just need to organize the office.
Pros
Maintain your own schedule for the most part
Don't do it
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2018
BMS doesn't care about its employees, just their money and their managers money. They will work you to death and expect you and your contractors to work no matter where you are. If you're on vacation, come home, it doesn't matter to them. Your contractors will work for pennies on the dollar so BMS can make their hefty percentage.
June 27, 2018

Thank you for providing this review. I’m so sorry to hear that you feel unappreciated. Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT cares deeply about our employees, and just importantly, we care about our vendor partners. During that time, we had a significant surge of business due to Hurricane Harvey and I know it placed a lot of heavy lifting on our Houston team, including you. I am pleased to say that we have finished the work from the storm, and we thank our dedicated team members who worked long hours to help customers when they needed us the most. If you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

Enjoyed working at BMS/CAT
Project Manager/Foreman (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, NJMarch 14, 2018
BMS?CAT was a great company however management needs to be reviewed and the racism as well. I had no problem with anyone there and worked 60-90 hours weekly If needed. Overtime was great.
June 27, 2018

Thank you for this review. I am so happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us! Hard working, positive and dedicated employees like yourself are what has kept Blackmon Mooring at the top of its field for almost 70 years!
However, I am concerned about your comments regarding racism. Our workforce across the country is 60% minority, and we pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. Thank you again for bringing your concerns to my attention and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

Blackmon mooring
Clean up crew (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 20, 2018
Great place to work great people they show you how to do everything on point and on time great lunch hours great management good crews that are friendly and don't mind helping you
Faced Paced Organization
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Fast paced job with opportunity to make good money if willing to in the hours for a 24/7 job. A service provided to people or businesses in a time of need.
Demanding, long hours, good pay, never felt secure no matter how much i worked
Emergency Response Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Ownership is very driven for results but otherwise threatening if constant production was not achieved according to their standards. Large company with very little employee retention. Very political.
Pros
I was paid upon invoice instead of collection, I had free housing as long as I made a minimum of $25k in weekly sales
Cons
Relentless hours. 24/7.
June 28, 2018

Thank you for your candid comments. I would like to assure you that I take your comments seriously and will investigate them. Our company culture does not support threating behavior for the sake of production. We work hard to build a culture with our team, and strive to make sure they feel part of the Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT family.

Lastly, I am confused about your comments on free housing. I would like to discuss how you were paid because this is not consistent with how we compensate employees. I would appreciate it if you would reach out to me directly.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

How job experience was for me
General Restoration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2018
The job itself was not hard but managed poorly, by project manager and sales team, I enjoyed the trips sometimes, pier diem along with payroll checks was a plus too... My favorite part of working with them.
June 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as a General Restoration Supervisor. Based on your statement, it sounds like you might have traveled to assist our catastrophe teams during the flooding event last year. During that time, we had a significant surge of business due to Hurricane Harvey and I know it placed a lot of heavy lifting on our Houston team, including you. I am pleased to say that we have finished the work from the storm, and we thank our dedicated team members who worked long hours to help customers when they needed us the most.
Lastly, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the compensation. One aspect we pride ourselves on at Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT is competitive compensation, so it is great to hear that you mentioned the pay (and other perks associated with compensation) as a positive factor. Thank you again for this review and your time with our company. If you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.
817.810.5601
thead@bmsmanagement.com

Very flexible hours
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 8, 2018
A typical day at Blackmon Mooring can be very stressful sometimes depending on what type of jobs you are doing there are multiple fields that we cover and some can be very stressful but that's with any Restoration company sometimes a lot of people get away with a lot of stuff which can be shown as favoritism but other than that it's okay you just have to come to work to work and stay to yourself and don't get caught in he say she say
June 28, 2018

Disasters and catastrophes are inconsistent and unpredictable, therefore the workflow will ebb and flow over time and as the seasons change. I truly appreciate the time you invested with our company the hard work you put forth in an effort to take care of our customers in the Atlanta area during their time of need.
I want to touch on your comments regarding favoritism. We do not support that type of culture within our company.
We work hard to build a culture with our team, and strive to make sure they feel part of the Blackmon Mooring family.
THead@bmsmanagement.com

Family-owned, takes care of employees, quiet work environment
Screener/IEC Department (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 26, 2017
I worked 4 day, 10 hour shifts in a small commercial building in Fort Worth. Very quiet as I typically worked the second/third shift. Had to be careful and watch for alerts to send to IEC director. The hardest part of the job is making the mistake of missing an alert, it is a huge deal at this company. The most enjoyable aspect is the pay, benefits and helping others.
I spent 17 years as this companies President.
President (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 11, 2017
Great vision & leadership. Independently owned by one family and they delegate well and support their people.

A definite firm who is one of the tops in the commercial restoration and recovery industry.

People and implementation is where they excel.
Pros
Outstanding leadership and vision.
Cons
Have lost in recent years some of their expertise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackmon Mooring & BMSCAT. Our community is ready to answer.