Blackmon Mooring & BMSCAT Employee Reviews

Very good to work environment super saudavel and texas command the best
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2018
Get started with a safety meeting group division and start which was decided without loss of equipment and with a good time to finish the job and go to the following to keep staff encouraged to give your best always and keep respect with all and always deliver your day with a general cleaning for the seventh day do not spend time, and thank you for all you was done well
Pros
Always have everything that needs and reasonable payment
Cons
Should have continuous work and more explicit communication
October 11, 2018

Thank you so much for this review! I’m happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your time with us and I hope you will join our team again someday. We appreciate employees like yourself that bring a can-do attitude to every job site they work on.

Awsome place to work
Operations/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2018
I worked her 12 years and found through the years I never should have quit Its a great place to work great people great management Many other restoration companies try and copy them
Pros
grat people
Cons
travel all the time
October 1, 2018

THead@bmsmanagement.com

Worst general manger i worked with
Construction lead (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 22, 2018
The work life at Blackmon mooring never got old. Being on call 24/7 didn't bother me. It was fun and the overtime was great! I worked with great people knowing the business very well. The new general manager was full of himself. Work slowed down He blammed construction. Not easy managing poor subs that they....yes...Blackmon mooring chose. Lost a lot of business cuz of that. So the gm would curse out the insurance companies for dumping them. Can't win a war by words! Only action.
Pros
Pay, benifits
Cons
General manager
September 26, 2018

Thank you so much for this review! I’m happy to hear that during your time at Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT, you enjoyed the people you worked with. We are truly fortunate to have dedicated team members that bring a can-do attitude to every job, every day. In regards to your feedback about the formal General Manager - he is no longer with the company. If you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
THead@bmsmanagement.com

the job doesnt pay enough
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 24, 2018
this job is pretty much a school youll learn trades you can take with you and make excellent money vs staying there and being underpaid to perform risky task.
Pros
traveling
Cons
underpaid
September 5, 2018

Thank you for providing this review. I’m sorry to hear that you felt your role was underpaid. One aspect we pride ourselves on at Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT is competitive compensation. Team leads are compensated hourly, plus incentive based on job productivity. Additionally, we pay 100% of our employee’s insurance premium – which is a great savings for our team members.

817.810.5601
thead@bmsmanagement.com

extensive travel with everything shared
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 14, 2018
The pay was on the low side for a supervisor position, all rooms were shared, as many as eight (8) people would be assinged to one (1) vehicle, when fliing they would only buy one (1) way tickets, which meant you were always searched.
September 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. One aspect we pride ourselves on is competitive compensation. We feel that we pay on the top side of the compensation scale within our industry. In addition, we pay 100% of our employee’s insurance premium – which is a great savings for our team members.

I also want to address your comments regarding travel accommodations (lodging and transportation). During community-wide disasters, we aim to maximize our resources so we can provide the most efficient response to our clients in need. Disaster and catastrophe damages can vary and we stay until each job is complete which cannot be forecasted, therefore a one-way ticket best accommodates the nature of our business. Regarding TSA airline travel searches, that is a government enforced regulation that all airline travelers must abide by.

817.810.5601
thead@bmsmanagement.com

Really loved my job.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 8, 2018
Fast paced. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I was always recognized for sales which pushed me to do more. I enjoyed helping people..
Pros
Compensation
Cons
On call 24

Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2018
It’s a good company to work for. A good way to see the world and make a difference helping people who have been affected by natural disasters. Hours are great and the pay is great.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
September 5, 2018

Thank you for posting this review on Indeed! I’m happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us at Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT. One aspect we pride ourselves on at Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT is competitive compensation, so it is great to hear that you mentioned the pay (and other perks associated with compensation) as a positive factor. Hard working and dedicated employees like yourself have kept us a top competitor in the industry for many years. I’m so grateful for employees like yourself who bring the True Blue attitude with them to every job. Thank you again for your comments!

Great Middle Management
Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2018
Greta place to grow your career, the OPS Supervisor here is easy to work with and works around my schedule unlike other Restoration companies that I have worked for in the past.
Pros
Pay (Work a lot but I'm Rich now)
Cons
Always working
August 1, 2018

Thank you for this review. I am so happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us! Hard working, positive and dedicated employees like yourself are what has kept Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT at the top of its field for almost 70 years! We appreciate employees like yourself that bring a can-do attitude to every job site they work on.
THead@bmsmanagement.com

very hard and long hours
flex lead (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 18, 2018
the company of bms is an overall good company, everyday you work is going to be long and hard. the work is very labor intensive and stressfull because its possible to workon multi million dollar houses/ businesses.
August 1, 2018

Thank you so much for this review! I’m happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your time with us and I hope you will join our team again someday. You are correct; this is a very fast paced industry, and the nature of our business requires all of us to assist our clients when they need us most. That being said, we are very grateful to you and the rest of teams for working long, sometimes odd hours to help families in need. The hours can be tough, but they can also be very rewarding!

busines closed
Fire Restoration Supervisor/Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 12, 2018
This business had closed down in the Lubbock and Amarillo area now. The company has closed its doors for good in this area, yet the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area, as well as, the Houston area is still open.
Large loss adjuster
Large Loss Estimator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 11, 2018
Terrible place to work. No organization just people scrambling around trying to figure things out. A Very unprofessional establishment and has no problems with committing unethical practices.
Pros
Cons
Waste time with this company.
August 1, 2018

Thank you for your candid comments. I’m sorry to hear that your time working for Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT was not positive. With that said, ethics and professionalism stands as the foundation in which our core values represent. We take great pride in conducting ethical business practices and if you believe our actions did not align with our core values, I would love to speak to you in further detail.

Ok
Construction Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 7, 2018
You arent guaranteed 40 hours a week. You could be working more, or you could be working less. Reconstruction supervisor is not the greatest leader. Other than that, decent company but could improve on benefits.
Pros
Somewhat relaxed
Cons
No 401k unless youre a supervisor
August 1, 2018

Thank you so much for this review! I will say that we are part of a challenging industry. Disasters and catastrophes are inconsistent and unpredictable, therefore the workflow will ebb and flow over time and throughout season changes. With that being said, each day brings new challenges, which makes our company an exciting place to work. Working for our company is truly rewarding because we get to help people when they need us the most. In regards to reconstruction supervisor, our leadership team works hard to support our team members. Lastly, in regards to our benefits. All employees are eligible to join the 401k plan after one year of employment. Additionally, all employees after 60 days of employment receive healthcare insurance that the premium is paid 100% by the company. I encourage you to visit with your local General Manager to become more informed regarding the benefits afforded to you as an employee. If you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

not a good place
Construction Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 3, 2018
closed down and fired everyone in the Lubbock and Amarillo stores, the upper management didn't know what they were doing, were rude and didn't pay for what we were worth.
Bad work moral
Mold Remediation Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2018
You work 6 days a week 24 hr. call. No time for family. you work all the time up to 50 or more a week. No holliday time off. At best 2 days off don't get sick because they will fire you .
June 27, 2018

Thank you for providing your review! We are sorry to hear that the time you worked for Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT wasn’t a positive experience. I want to touch on your comments regarding long and odd hours. You are correct; this is a very fast paced industry, and the nature of our business requires all of us to assist our clients when they need us most. That being said, we are very grateful to you and the rest of our Emergency Response and cleaning teams for working long, sometimes odd hours to help families in need. The hours can be tough, but they can also be very rewarding!
In your post you mentioned holiday time off. As a company, we honor major holidays, but occasionally have to ask our team to help if certain emergency situations arise. With that said, if you feel you were treated unfairly in regards to holiday pay or sick leave, please reach out to me.”

Productive and fun environment
Office Manager/ Administrative Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 6, 2018
Team Work is a MOST, keep learning from my employed and trained them properly on new programs.

My goal is to finish all my task the same day if possible.
Pros
Company Card for gas and utility
Cons
Healthcare
Decent pay, tough job.
Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2018
Pays well enough, will dominate your life. It's a stressful job. Improvisation and adaptability are necessary. Hours are long and the work is tough. Has a pretty high turnover rate.
June 26, 2018

Thank you for providing us with this review! One aspect we pride ourselves on at Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT is competitive compensation, so it is great to hear that you mentioned the pay (and other perks associated with compensation) as a positive factor. I also wanted to touch on your comments regarding though work and long hours. Disasters and catastrophes are inconsistent and unpredictable, therefore the workflow will ebb and flow over time and throughout season changes. We are so grateful to the men and women that work long, sometimes odd hours to help families in need. The hours can be tough, but they can also be very rewarding! Thank you again for this review, and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 24, 2018
I have nothing to say about this company at this time. The job was good. My managers were nice. It was a good company to work for. I got to travel, they let me take off to be there for my kids.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

Fast paced, hard working environment
Crew Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canyon, TXMay 15, 2018
Work on the daily work assigned by each crew to do either carpet cleaning or air ducts, or do a clean up of a fire, water, or other natural disasters. I learned to work in a face paced, high-stress environment to meet customer needs. culture is very demanding and can be stressful. the hardest part of the job was to clean up certain jobs that varied when assigned., some jobs could be assigned late at night if you are the crew on call.
Pros
high pay, great benefits, paid vacations after 30 days, lunch breaks
Cons
high-paced, stress full jobs, physically demanding.
June 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT. One aspect we pride ourselves on at Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT is competitive compensation. In addition, we pay for your insurance as an employee of Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT. That is 100% of your premium that the employee does not need to pay. However, I will say that we are part of a challenging industry, and we are so grateful to the men and women that work long, sometimes odd hours to help families in need. The hours can be tough, but they can also be very rewarding! Thank you again for this review, and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.
THead@bmsmanagement.com

Blackmon Mooring is a good company its jus the people who work for blackmon
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Working for blackmon mooring the company itself wasn't the issue it was the.people and management who work for them. Every day I had to wonder if I was gonna work that day or not and it was plenty of work but not for me most of the time.
Pros
It's good as a company.
Cons
For me its to many cons for paper
Very unorganized management structure
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2018
I think as an overall company BMS is great. The San Antonio office has some major management organizational issues. No one wants to accept responsibility but are quick to point the finger. There was no formal training. Pay was great. People are great. Just need to organize the office.
Pros
Maintain your own schedule for the most part

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackmon Mooring & BMSCAT. Our community is ready to answer.