Blackmon Mooring & BMSCAT Employee Reviews

working
Cleaning tech (Former Employee) –  Canyon, TXMarch 21, 2019
I had fun going out of town and doing what i know from this job and do my job right don't like to do it two time when you can do it right the first time
It was a very pleasant and good job with decent pay
Demolition Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 15, 2019
I love the job, I wish they had more work in North Carolina that was close to me. Work was hard but fulfilling. My supervisor was a very nice and steady woman. Whom was direct about the job. She was made sure we were well taken care of and looked after.
March 19, 2019

Thank you for this review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us! Hard working, positive and dedicated employees like yourself are what has kept Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT at the top of its field for over 70 years. We appreciate employees like yourself that bring a can-do attitude to every job site they work on and I hope you join our team again someday.

Great Comapny
Site Health and Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 7, 2019
BMS CAT is a great company to work for. Supervisors/Managers are tough but fair. Not a good place to work if you are lazy. All the people I worked with a hard workers that don't take time off and show up for work ready and prepared.

If you are a hard worker, this is the company for you. They take good care of their company.
March 15, 2019

Thank you so much for this review! I’m happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your time with us and I hope you will join our team again someday. You are correct; this is a very fast paced industry, and the nature of our business requires all of us to assist our clients when they need us most. That being said, we are very grateful to you and the rest of teams for working long, sometimes odd hours to others in times of need. The hours can be tough, but they can also be very rewarding!

Poor Management
Disaster Assistance Employee (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 28, 2019
few good left in management
terrible communication
bad pay/ no raises
extreme work conditions
weekly pay was convenient
high quotas
high turnover rate
Pros
drive time
Cons
pay, work environment, management
Be carful applying to this employer
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2019
Current management at this employer will play favorites. If you're not in the management circle your job could be on the line. There is also a revolving door working with this employer. There has been 3 General managers in the past year to go along with 2 sale managers & 2 OPS managers. Tenure does not mean much to them and they will let you go with no notice nor warning.
March 7, 2019

Dear former employee-

I take your comments very seriously. We certainly do not support favored employee culture within our company. I will certainly look into this.

In regards to your comments regarding turn-over; We released GM#1 after 5 years of service in San Antonio. We replaced GM#1 with GM#2 who had to leave after 8 months due to health issues. GM#3 is currently in the position.

SM#1 hired and worked for GM#1 and was released for same reason as GM#1. SM#2 hired by GM#2 and is still employed by GM#3.

Ops Manager #1 was hired by GM#1, performed well and decided to open up his own propane business in West Texas while working for GM#1. GM#1 hired Ops Manager #2 and is still employed to date.

Feel free to contact me personally to discuss your concerns.
THead@bmsmanagement.com

Best restoration company in the industry
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 20, 2018
i I came to this industry very green but duning my time at bms I have become very proficent with my craft . I am very skilled and cat teach anyone to be as profient as myself.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Everyone is really cool and becomes a family after a while
Monitor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 9, 2018
I loved working there just wish management would talk to you with a little more respect them they did . Not saying all management was bad but one of the managers was bipolar and he was either in a good mood or bad but I respect him still even tho we had our differences he wasn't a horrible boss just hated how he treated me sometimes
Pros
As long as you work no one really messed with you And you can make good money
Cons
They either over work you or under work you
December 19, 2018

Thank you so much for this review! I’m happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your time with us and I hope you will join our team again someday. I take your comments and your feelings serious with regards to the dialogue between you and the manager. We do not support that type of behavior in our company and we will address this. Thank you again for this review, and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.
THead@bmsmanagement.com

Good Company for hard working individuals
Restoration Crew Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 7, 2018
Overall The company can be a great business to work for. But poor management accountability for the company makes corporation not an ideal work environment
Pros
unlimited overtime for hard workers
Cons
no accountabilty of company by management
Great Copmpany
Disaster Relief Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 29, 2018
I enjoy working for this company and that is why I am still there. my most enjoyable part of this job is traveling I got to have new experience in different state's. The hardest part of the job is having to clean up after natural disasters. I've learned that the hazmat is the hardest clean up.
December 6, 2018

Thank you so much for your review! I’m happy to hear that you are enjoying your time with us. I will say that we are part of a challenging industry, and we are very grateful to you and the rest of our team for helping our customers in their time of need. We appreciate employees like yourself that bring a can-do attitude to every job site they work on. Thank you again for this review, and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

Indifferent
Marketing Director/Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  USANovember 1, 2018
The autonomy is yours but there isn't a lot of stability. Like most restoration companies, they can close at a moments notice.

The Company is constantly downsizing and hiring. It's really a poor business model. Their systems are dated and they make it extremely difficult to get paid.

They are a company that has been around for 74 years but structurally they struggle to implement a good business model. Its hard for me to see this business surfing outside of Texas.
Pros
Free Health care
Cons
The owners
November 9, 2018

Thank you for providing us with this review! Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT are proud to have been in the disaster restoration business for 74 years. Our company’s stable success is due to our good systems, dedicated employees and business model. I also wanted to touch on your comments regarding our growth outside of Texas. We have multiple locations across America (13 being outside of Texas) which allow us to provide our disaster restoration services throughout the country. With that being said, I am pleased to say that we are in growth mode and we are on the path to add additional locations in year 2019 and beyond. Thank you again for this review, and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

Productivity is the keyword
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 27, 2018
Great experience. I enjoyed working with this company. Very organized and efficient. Long hrs but worth the pay and wait. Bonuses lunch and travel expenses are covered.
Pros
Lunch and travel expenses covered
Cons
7 days a week 12 hrs or better non stop work
October 29, 2018

Thank you for posting this review on Indeed! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us at Blackmon Mooring. Hard working and dedicated employees like yourself have kept us a top competitor in the industry for many years. We appreciate employees like yourself that bring a can-do attitude to every job site they work on. Thank you again for your comments!

Great company!!!!
Helper and Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2018
Great company and a blessing to my life. I have worked for this company twice. I have learned so much and remediation and hard work. Great teammates and supervisors. Had I not had this job, I would not know how to install sheetrock or tear out or any handyman skills that I use right now today.
Pros
You will definitely learn some handyman skills which all men need.
October 29, 2018

Thank you so much for this review! I’m happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your time with us and I hope you will join our team again someday. We appreciate employees like yourself that bring a can-do attitude to every job site they work on.

Fast paced work enviorment
Water Express Crew Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2018
This was a fast paced work place that required you to be on call at all hours of the day so flexibility was a must. The hardest part of the job was being on call everyday. At times it made it difficult to balance work and life.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for this review. I am happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us! You are correct; this is a very fast paced industry, and the nature of our business requires all of us to assist our clients when they need us most. That being said, we are very grateful to you and the rest of crew members for working long, sometimes odd hours to help families in need. The hours can be tough, but they can also be very rewarding!
THead@bmsmanagement.com

Very good to work environment super saudavel and texas command the best
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2018
Get started with a safety meeting group division and start which was decided without loss of equipment and with a good time to finish the job and go to the following to keep staff encouraged to give your best always and keep respect with all and always deliver your day with a general cleaning for the seventh day do not spend time, and thank you for all you was done well
Pros
Always have everything that needs and reasonable payment
Cons
Should have continuous work and more explicit communication
October 11, 2018

Awsome place to work
Operations/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2018
I worked her 12 years and found through the years I never should have quit Its a great place to work great people great management Many other restoration companies try and copy them
Pros
grat people
Cons
travel all the time
October 1, 2018

THead@bmsmanagement.com

Worst general manger i worked with
Construction lead (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 22, 2018
The work life at Blackmon mooring never got old. Being on call 24/7 didn't bother me. It was fun and the overtime was great! I worked with great people knowing the business very well. The new general manager was full of himself. Work slowed down He blammed construction. Not easy managing poor subs that they....yes...Blackmon mooring chose. Lost a lot of business cuz of that. So the gm would curse out the insurance companies for dumping them. Can't win a war by words! Only action.
Pros
Pay, benifits
Cons
General manager
September 26, 2018

Thank you so much for this review! I’m happy to hear that during your time at Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT, you enjoyed the people you worked with. We are truly fortunate to have dedicated team members that bring a can-do attitude to every job, every day. In regards to your feedback about the formal General Manager - he is no longer with the company. If you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
THead@bmsmanagement.com

the job doesnt pay enough
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 24, 2018
this job is pretty much a school youll learn trades you can take with you and make excellent money vs staying there and being underpaid to perform risky task.
Pros
traveling
Cons
underpaid
September 5, 2018

Thank you for providing this review. I’m sorry to hear that you felt your role was underpaid. One aspect we pride ourselves on at Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT is competitive compensation. Team leads are compensated hourly, plus incentive based on job productivity. Additionally, we pay 100% of our employee’s insurance premium – which is a great savings for our team members.

817.810.5601
thead@bmsmanagement.com

extensive travel with everything shared
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 14, 2018
The pay was on the low side for a supervisor position, all rooms were shared, as many as eight (8) people would be assinged to one (1) vehicle, when fliing they would only buy one (1) way tickets, which meant you were always searched.
September 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. One aspect we pride ourselves on is competitive compensation. We feel that we pay on the top side of the compensation scale within our industry. In addition, we pay 100% of our employee’s insurance premium – which is a great savings for our team members.

I also want to address your comments regarding travel accommodations (lodging and transportation). During community-wide disasters, we aim to maximize our resources so we can provide the most efficient response to our clients in need. Disaster and catastrophe damages can vary and we stay until each job is complete which cannot be forecasted, therefore a one-way ticket best accommodates the nature of our business. Regarding TSA airline travel searches, that is a government enforced regulation that all airline travelers must abide by.

817.810.5601
thead@bmsmanagement.com

Really loved my job.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 8, 2018
Fast paced. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I was always recognized for sales which pushed me to do more. I enjoyed helping people..
Pros
Compensation
Cons
On call 24

Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2018
It’s a good company to work for. A good way to see the world and make a difference helping people who have been affected by natural disasters. Hours are great and the pay is great.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
September 5, 2018

Thank you for posting this review on Indeed! I’m happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us at Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT. One aspect we pride ourselves on at Blackmon Mooring & BMS CAT is competitive compensation, so it is great to hear that you mentioned the pay (and other perks associated with compensation) as a positive factor. Hard working and dedicated employees like yourself have kept us a top competitor in the industry for many years. I’m so grateful for employees like yourself who bring the True Blue attitude with them to every job. Thank you again for your comments!
THead@bmsmanagement.com

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackmon Mooring & BMSCAT. Our community is ready to answer.