BlackRock Inc. Employee Reviews

Not a typical 9-5, you will be pushed. compensation is okay but could be much better
Accounting Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 25, 2018
Work/life balance isn't the best. DEL location does not get nearly as many perks or compensation for the skilled work done as other locations. You won't find better people than the ones at BlackRock.
Not a bad place to work with great management
Operation's Intern (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 23, 2018
I worked at BlackRock as an intern and it was an overall great experience. Management was very professional and there was many learning opportunities.
Workshop
Director (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoNovember 23, 2018
If you're a yes person in order to climb the corporate ranks, then this company will be good for you. It will promote those that adhere to the groupthink culture, strict policies and top down goals.
Pros
Working with ambitious and intelligent professionals
Cons
Cultural homogeneity
All about the title
Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2018
Do not be mistaken by the reputation of the company, at the end of the day, the majority of the people push administrative tasks around, you become a cog, you get desensitized about more interpersonal elements of work culture, and the only value that is placed on you is contingent on your cultural background, monetary means, and the way you speak.
Pros
good pay, good rep
Cons
toxic culture, bureaucracy, red tape
Productive environment given you have a supportive manager
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
BLK is a great place to work. The work is challenging and most of the people are great.
As with any company, if you do not have a solid manager, you lose trust in the role, management and company. As they say, people do not leave firms, they leave managers.
Productivity Overload
Talent Development Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 11, 2018
Many people leave, you will be challenged but the managers are not always the best. Many of the managers act as their own clique where as analysts are always working really hard.
Great place to work.
Data Center Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 8, 2018
Great place to work, although I was a contingent worker, most issues are with the contracted company, not BlackRock themselves. Many employees are contingent workers.
Confused facilities organization
NYC Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10055October 22, 2018
The facilities department was not organized and responsibilities were not clearly defined and always changing. Direct hires were replaced with a 3rd party management company.
Compensation is better than most companies on average
FUND BILLING ASSOCIATE - Legal & Compliance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
Compensation is better than most companies on average. Work demands are high, and working over 8 hours a day is common. This is a professional company that has a dress code to match. The benefits are wonderful. Management was not as focused on teamwork as they should be. Also, management was not as focused on what the responsibilities of the team were until review time.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of management interaction
Good place to work; too bad they laid off our whole team
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Blackrock. Loved my co-workers, and we have all made friends for life. I feel fortunate to have landed a job there as I was given the opportunity to work on a great variety of types of projects. I was given high-visibility projects, and despite what could be a restrictive set of branding guidelines, I was able to create some beautiful work I am proud of. I gained excellent skills and experience there. It is a shame the company let go of its entire West Coast design team. We were a highly talented crew of designers and managers that provided award-winning and inspiring design. Good thing is that we all found work at great places, and I think that is due to the experience we gained and connections we made through our work at Blackrock.
Pros
Great high-level experience
Cons
They let the whole team go
Great Place
Financial operations associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 9, 2018
Constant change, fast pace, excellent benefits, BLK is not a bad place to be working for. Not to mention all newest technologies and Blackrock developed Aladdin.
benefits
Cons
career advancement is very slow
Strong work culture
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
A pleasant company to work for for very busy the entire time I was there. Not very much else to say. This was a temporary position and it was focus on getting the done.
Pros
Learned allot
Cons
No cons
Powerhouse environment
Director, High Net Worth and Platform Marketing (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJOctober 5, 2018
Blackrock is a fast-paced, critical thinking environment. It does require extensive commitment to the field of Financial Services and tests your strengths and weaknesses in various ways.
Blackrock was not up to date with modern administrative processes.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 1, 2018
I compared working at a tech company vs a banking company and the processes and procedures were not stream-lined like they were at Microsoft. Blackrock is located in downtown Seattle and have beautiful offices in Two Union Square.
Decent pay, good benefits, lousy middle mgmt
Director (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 22, 2018
Decent pay, good benefits, lousy middle mgmt
Day to day was a stream of unending meetings that ate into the time required to deliver on the project
Stay away form the Delaware site - NYC or Princeton are better for your career
Pros
most people are nice
Cons
work you to the bone
Great Company
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 21, 2018
BlackRock is a great company to work for and strives to be the industry leader. While BlackRock has great compensation and benefits and strives to create a culture that coincides with contemporary social environment, unfortunately its dramatic increase in size has created limitations in internal movement and networking. Roles/ operating departments are beginning to become isolate from one another in terms of locations which makes it difficult to network and progress internally.
Financial institution with a good culture
Vice President (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 11, 2018
BlackRock is a great company with a stellar culture. BlackRock acts as a thought leader and makes earnest attempts to facilitate the needs of it's employees.
quiet workplace
Institutional Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 28, 2018
It is a solid job and a lot of extremely intelligent people work at the firm. Trying to move into technology, and shift their culture so culture going through transformation right now.
Excellent team member
Managing Director, Acquisitions Department (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 24, 2018
Worked in the private real estate equity group. Described as a very good team member and always received very favorable annual reviews.I really enjoyed my experience at Blackrock. Great company.
Great Company
Cash Management Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2018
Well respected in the industry. Resources are provided to do well. Opens a lot of doors just having the BlackRock name on your business card and resume.
Pros
Work Life
Cons
Career Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BlackRock Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight