Blackstone Consulting, Inc Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work with
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 27, 2019
Had the best time working with Blackstone consulting inc.. very good pay .amazing management staff. I was so lucky to have such an amazing managers n supervisors always. Paid hildays n sick leave. Very good medical insurance over all i was very happy n satisfied while working there.had to leave the job due to military move.
Lousy place to work
Sanitation specialist (Former Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe, HINovember 13, 2019
The site Manager lied and told me I would have all the ot I wanted. Ended up working 40 hrs in 7 days all split shift. Job is hard and pay sucks. Found out there's been no pay raise in 3 years
Ok could better
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 4, 2019
Pay is not adequate to the cost of living unless you work large amounts of overtime no real Room for advancement Mandatory overtime And insufficient notice if they want you to come in early or stay late
Plenty of Opportunity
Sergeant/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2019
I have been here for 6 months and within 4 months I made Site Supervisor. I started full-time as a Road Patrol Officer and never looked back. I have been treated with respect at all times and communication has been steady and open. If there are any changes that apply to you or your site, the management has been outstanding with relaying those changes to you and the other Officers. Uniforms and training are provided. Training is detailed and thorough. Most Officers have a set schedule (unless you are a flex or floater). Pay is higher than I have ever had in Security field and I definitely recommend working for this organization.
Pros
Great Management, Thorough Training, Great Pay, Awesome Benefits, Annual Raises
Cons
None I Can Think Of
I enjoyed working with my coworkers
Kp (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 9, 2019
I enjoyed working at bci. It was a very relaxed and friendly environment. The pay was descent for the job requirements. They gave plenty of time each day to get the job done and didn't give us too much workload.
Awful
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2019
Do not work here. They hire and fire just to have bodies you won't last longer than 5 months. Supervisors lie, they bully and treat people horribly. Union doesn't help because they have no idea what's going on if you speak up they push you out
horrible.management talks about employees and their not even qualified for the possessions
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAAugust 9, 2019
worst job ever!!!!! very uneducated employees,,MANAGEMENT really put'S employees down to make themselves look better!!! WORST JOB EVER DO NOT GO TO NCO academy on FORT Stewart, you're off 2 weeks out of every month and only get paid every 16 to 17 days 'crumbs'
What I learned
CASH ROOM SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2019
A typical day of work was very busy, I learned how to consolidate cash sales in the vivonet system, data entry for sold items and wasted items, and recorded the number, type and cost of items sold to determine which items may be unpopular or less profitable.
Never enough staff
Floor Stocker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2019
Nasty management rude, I wouldn't advise anyone to work there they are liars they show favoritism to certain employees if they don't like you, it was hard for me being short never enough staff
From good to bad
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2019
They started out good but a few months in all that changed and they was all about their bottom dollar. They didn't care how much they worked you and 1 slip up and you're getting written up or suspended
The worst company and management to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 14, 2019
This job was easily one of the worst experiences I’ve ever had working period. Management will lie and blackmail you for their own gain. Very poor workplace culture, many co-workers will spread rumors and backstab one another. Only thing the management cares about is overworking you.
Nice place to work.
Food server at Ft.Bliss NM (Current Employee) –  Chaparral, NMJuly 6, 2019
I love my job. I am a line server so i love serving the soldiers their food and seeing their face light up with joy when they receive thier food. It makes me happy when a small gesture so simple like, "enjoy your food, have a great day" could make a persons day . That is my goal when showing up to work everybody.
Quiet but fun work space
BCI CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDJune 11, 2019
I loved working for blackstone it helped me in so many ways I learned so many things about cleaning I never relized I can do the work space was very good and friendly.
Terrible management
Security (Former Employee) –  DMVMay 30, 2019
I would never recommend this company to anyone looking for employment. The upper management team seem to encourage the supervisors to bully, accuse and provoke their subordinates. Thus creating an environment of stress and distrust, ultimately lowering employee morale. Working together respectfully and supporting the staff should've been the goal!!!
Met my expectations
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 17, 2019
I knew where I was going to work, when I was going to work, and my compensation. All agreed to prior to starting my post. Received CPI training, Class D security guard training, and 8 hour FEMA class.
Medical coverage was excellent. Did not use dental or vision so I cannot rate it. The only down side to insurance was that I could not cover my wife of 18 months without paying about $470 dollars a month for her. I felt that should be reduced to 6 months of employment before she could be included on my coverage at minimal additional cost.

I left Blackstone to move to Florida to join my wife - unfortunately Blackstone did not have work in Florida or I would probably still be working for them. I was a guard at a comprehensive medical center in the Atlanta area. Job is a medium stress position - I never had anything come up that I was not prepared to deal with.

My onsite Sergeants (I had two different ones in the course of a year) were both first rate - first one gave me great training on how to do my job at my post. The second one was always looking out for me. I did normal security and also filled in as an ED officer when the ED officer's shift ended.

Would I work for them again? Yes!
Pros
Never felt I had to guard my back
Cons
hated working 3rd shift - but it was very peaceful.
not recommended a place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 13, 2019
they over work you and micro manege and management is the worst the manager thats in charge of the south he bully's employees and because of him this isn't a company i would recommend working for
Securitas Junior
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 11, 2019
This company handles a multi billion dollar account with the same incompetence as their predecessors have. They fail to equip, staff, and train properly then expect some kind of miracle to be performed. If applying for management, be sure you’re a full charge bookkeeper and they’ll love you otherwise don’t expect to last
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Expectations are unrealistic
Pay is good insurance sucks
Food sanitation specialist lead (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 3, 2019
Drama drama drama tons of favoritism no change to move to another position managers are soso No authority is given to the lead short staff all the time insurance isn’t good
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short staff all the time
Bad management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2019
This is the worst company to work for bc of the managers I worked for the company for 5 years with no call outs and no lateness smiled everyday and very friendly , and I get into it with another officer that they kept with the company and fired me , but unlike her I didn’t have a work relationship with the managers so that mean they feel like they can do what ever they please , like make up there own rules write you up for little things that they could jst talk to you about but it’s a point to that so they can get you out of the company like they did me while they still have her who started the altercation working with the company
Pros
Bad management
Cons
Well good paying
Productive place to work
Health Care Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAApril 16, 2019
Good company to work for. I just needed a position that I could grow in and earn better pay. The location I worked in was a good commute from home and I could be to work on time. Hours were flexible.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackstone Consulting, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?