BLACKSTONE CONSULTING INC Employee Reviews

Nice place to work.
Food server at Ft.Bliss NM (Current Employee) –  Chaparral, NMJuly 6, 2019
I love my job. I am a line server so i love serving the soldiers their food and seeing their face light up with joy when they receive thier food. It makes me happy when a small gesture so simple like, "enjoy your food, have a great day" could make a persons day . That is my goal when showing up to work everybody.
Quiet but fun work space
BCI CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDJune 11, 2019
I loved working for blackstone it helped me in so many ways I learned so many things about cleaning I never relized I can do the work space was very good and friendly.
Met my expectations
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 17, 2019
I knew where I was going to work, when I was going to work, and my compensation. All agreed to prior to starting my post. Received CPI training, Class D security guard training, and 8 hour FEMA class.
Medical coverage was excellent. Did not use dental or vision so I cannot rate it. The only down side to insurance was that I could not cover my wife of 18 months without paying about $470 dollars a month for her. I felt that should be reduced to 6 months of employment before she could be included on my coverage at minimal additional cost.

I left Blackstone to move to Florida to join my wife - unfortunately Blackstone did not have work in Florida or I would probably still be working for them. I was a guard at a comprehensive medical center in the Atlanta area. Job is a medium stress position - I never had anything come up that I was not prepared to deal with.

My onsite Sergeants (I had two different ones in the course of a year) were both first rate - first one gave me great training on how to do my job at my post. The second one was always looking out for me. I did normal security and also filled in as an ED officer when the ED officer's shift ended.

Would I work for them again? Yes!
Pros
Never felt I had to guard my back
Cons
hated working 3rd shift - but it was very peaceful.
Securitas Junior
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 11, 2019
This company handles a multi billion dollar account with the same incompetence as their predecessors have. They fail to equip, staff, and train properly then expect some kind of miracle to be performed. If applying for management, be sure you’re a full charge bookkeeper and they’ll love you otherwise don’t expect to last
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Expectations are unrealistic
Pay is good insurance sucks
Food sanitation specialist lead (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 3, 2019
Drama drama drama tons of favoritism no change to move to another position managers are soso No authority is given to the lead short staff all the time insurance isn’t good
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short staff all the time
Bad management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2019
This is the worst company to work for bc of the managers I worked for the company for 5 years with no call outs and no lateness smiled everyday and very friendly , and I get into it with another officer that they kept with the company and fired me , but unlike her I didn’t have a work relationship with the managers so that mean they feel like they can do what ever they please , like make up there own rules write you up for little things that they could jst talk to you about but it’s a point to that so they can get you out of the company like they did me while they still have her who started the altercation working with the company
Pros
Bad management
Cons
Well good paying
Worst job ever
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIApril 3, 2019
Had to have been the worst employment of my life. Management doesn’t know there head from there bottom and they will have you working multiple positions a day also the pay is not worth the work, the marines are cool though. DO NOT APPLY FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH THIS COMPANY.
Cons
Not a good place to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2019
No work/life balance, either you pick up overtime or they turn on you. They do not give you paid vacations or any vacation time, you receive an anniversary check. Managers and director are horrible. People who have no business being in management are promoted over those who should be and that work hard. They expect you to answer your phone when they call even though it is not stated in the LEGAL collective bargaining agreement! They follow what rules they make up and not by the book they also do not believe in the LEGAL CBA! Stressful place to work they are more concerned about your tie being on and your uniform being white than conducting security and safety practices. The training is non sense, you get trained for things that you will never use.
Productive But very Poor management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIMarch 14, 2019
Working at Blackstone consulting inc. was a very productive place to work but as for management they had very bad management and poor communication. And to me great management and excellent communication is two top things that’s are very important to me when working.
Pros
Cons
Poor management and communication
It can be a great job to work in
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 23, 2019
This job can be a great job to work for only if the guards didn’t gossip about each other and the management but you even have some of the management dealing with the guards and I think that’s very unprofessional to me
Hard worker
Supervisor/ cook/ aide (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2019
At this company I am a hard worker and that the previous company I was a hard worker I'm dedicated I'm determined I'm always on time with a great attitude. I also have great customer service friendly with the people
Pros
Lunch is 30 mins
Cons
Two 10 min breaks on the clock
Very stressful environment
flex worker (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDFebruary 12, 2019
Working for BCI is a very stressful work environment, management is very incompetent they don't know which way is up. You don't get rewarded for working hard and receiving compliments from customers, although make a mistake you receive a nice gift in shape of an write-up to go in your file. Management fires you on hearsay, your side of the story doesn't matter, managers are rude, lazy and have their picks of who they pile work on, while the slackers enjoy getting paid to do nothing. Don't have a death in the family you wont receive not even a sympathy card from the company. Bottom line management could give a rats behind about you, as long as you show up for work.
Pros
there aren't any
Cons
you tell me
Funny workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kensington, MDJanuary 8, 2019
I loved my job and I worked very hard they just never promoted me in my job duties and it is an great customer very professional service I love the company and it is an very good company to work for and great trainings to go through.
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
Can’t go off site for lunch
Sad and Pathetic
Admin (Current Employee) –  Panama City Naval Coastal Systems Center, FLDecember 28, 2018
company is one of the worst places to work. one would have a better opportunity to work for McDonalds! Their lack of job professionalism/knowledge is very much slacking, no one does what they are supposed to do or pawn it off on someone else. Their managers don't even have the proper knowledge to be completely competent, their lack of proper job descriptions to tasking employees is nerve wrecking and poor pay for those whom work for them. They try and get an employee to do multiple different jobs without paying them properly
Cons
everything
Officer-Health Care Division (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2018
Stressful
Learned personal growth
Self defense
Management was never really around, just supervisor every now and then
Workplace culture was good and enjoyable
Typical Workday
Command Center lead officer (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 4, 2018
Assisted employees with issues on site such as work orders and badge issues. Helped my team with challenging issues they were having, conducted patrols around facility, watched cameras, and assisted with access control.
Poor Managment & No Leadership
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 24, 2018
Very poor management and structure, with no leadership across the security team. With very poor management and workplace culture, this job is made as a part time second job.
Pros
Cons
poor management
very unorganized
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CASeptember 26, 2018
Would work 12-14 hrs a day and never got appreciated for it. Management never did much to fix issues. I always did assistant management work but got paid for admin work. Leads were always causing drama between employees and were very unprofessional.
Pros
FREE uniforms
Cons
horrible service all around
Disorganized and nonhelpful
Security Specialist, Security (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 5, 2018
Everyone in management doesn't act like they care about their employees. They have great pay and great benefits. They do not take personal life into consideration. They also choose who they like and treat them differently than the ones they don't. Do not have equal opportunity. You practically just sit around all day if you are a normal officer and then get in trouble for just sitting around even though that is what you are told to do.
Pros
pay, benefits
Management doesn't care about their people
ED Specialist at Kaiser Permanente (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDJuly 25, 2018
Training was great but management was very poor. You could be on death bed and they would still want you to report to work. Only honor the handbook when they want.