Blain's Farm & Fleet (Blain Supply, Inc.) Employee Reviews

Dont work for them if you dont want to be cussed at in front of customers or employees,
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILFebruary 11, 2019
you will never get a lunch, the receptionist make sure of that they put more work orders on top of your lunch breaks you dont get any breaks you have to force your self to take breaks otherwise everyone walks all over you, employees treat you badly such as the full timers, they take money out of your pay if you break a tool of theres.you use your own tools for the job but sometimes you have to borrow the managers so you can get the job done. the work place is always mad about something not a day goes by anyone is happy. the hardest part of the job is trying to keep your cool with employees and managers jumping down your throat also other employees expect you to do there jobs as well. the front desk receptionist will do anything to not do there job. they will screw your checks up on purpose ive had that happen twice to me along with my a couple others so beware not a good place to work if this is what you dont want happening.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, bad employees, they screw your checks up they take more than what there supposed to, use your own tools if they break they wont replace them.
Not worth my time
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIFebruary 3, 2019
Just a joke of a shop to work in I went from a dealership to farm and fleet on the terms I’d be made an assistant manager for the shop it never came my pay as promised was messed up for weeks I witnessed firsthand there so called (tech3’s) sell work to customers that was not in anyway needed!!
Come in for a grinding noise bam! Pads rotors lines and calipers when pads and rotors would have solved the problem.... oh your lower ball joint is lose sell both uppers and both lowers and both struts with an alignment
in layman‘s terms it’s ran like 💩and by crooks
Pros
Can’t think of one
Cons
Too many to list
Terrible
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJanuary 18, 2019
Management does not discuss amoung the stores. Policies change constantly. The rules and policies are enforced and followed randomly. No clear cut path on how to advance. No program or guidance. The raises happen once a year and it is chump change with no negotiating. Take it or leave it. They do little to work around scheduling for schooling or family. Upper management maintains the status quo by yelling over the phone or in person. Fear based. I wouldn't waste your time unless this is a summer or part time job. I don't understand how anyone working here full time could afford to not work a second job.
Pros
Very recently you now get a 10% discount
Cons
Terrible Heath care benefits, terrible pay/raises, fear mongering
Would recommend to anyone
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rockton, ILJanuary 10, 2019
I enjoy working at Farm & Fleet. From the managers to the customers everyone made me feel welcome to be around. Honestly not one bad day while on the clock.
Pros
Weekly pay. Nice customers. Great managers. Cool co-workers
Cons
Hours
Decent job
Automotive Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILJanuary 3, 2019
Some will like it some wont very tight knit work environment with a lot of work to do. Customers are very friendly and the employees all try to work together.
nice place to work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 1, 2019
nice place to work, recognizes employees for good work and longevity, nice and clean headquarters in Janesville, charity work and giving encouraged, nice people to work with
Pros
good hours
Do not care about your concerns
Associate (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILDecember 16, 2018
I worked at the Elgin Farm and Fleet for over a year and whenever I had a concern and brought it up to management, they turned the other way. They have no interest in helping out their associates when it does not benefit them in any way. They overwork part-time associates the minute they clock in. Also, they have horrible schedules. Part-timers get screwed with max 15 hours a week, while full time workers are prohibited from going into overtime. There is also no type of discipline from management. When an associate has obviously done something not professional, management couldn’t give a care in the world. Worst place to work at; not exaggerating.
Cons
Working there
Very fast pace depending on the time of year.
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILDecember 15, 2018
Start of day is checking cross dock products off of company truck. Every day is Fed Ex , UPS , and freight trucks .
Check emails to do cycle counts and account payable problems .
Stock lifts or returns to vendor need to be done.
Solving issues with associates and mangers.
Pros
Get every holiday off with pay, no weekends or nights for my position
Cons
When they cut hours to 36 hrs a week.
Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILDecember 10, 2018
About 75% of the employees are enjoyable to work with, the other are not. The managers can be very intimidating, however most of them are very nice and reasonable.
Great starter job
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sterling, IL, USDecember 9, 2018
I worked at Blain's right out of high school. My role helped understand the basics of warehousing. It was very relaxed work environment and willing to help their employees grow.
good starter job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIDecember 7, 2018
the people are good and the benefits are top notch however the pay could be higher for the amount of physicality there is to the positions. there isn't really much room for advancement until you are in management.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
schedules are in a constant flux
Inconsistant
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IANovember 29, 2018
While I ended up leaving due to poor regional and corporate management, some of the locations have great store managers and assistant managers. Depending on what location you are at, you may have very differing experiences.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, poor corporate management
A great place to work as a teenager but not as an adult.
Former member (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 19, 2018
There simply aren't enough reasons for an adult with a mortgage and kids to work here. Other entry-level positions at other companies pay more than this place and are not as stressful. If you are interested in this job and are a High Schooler then I would say to go for it as it's a great place to get your feet wet.
Pros
10% Employee Discount and Company 401K Plan
Cons
Short Breaks
Good environment and people were exceptional
UPC Coordinator, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILNovember 17, 2018
I loved working for Blains Farm and Fleet gave me opportunities of learning new technology and becoming assertive . Management listened if issues regarding work ethics arose.
Pros
Working with professional people
Cons
Better insurance
Overall good work environment and supportive management.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. It offered a good way to earn customer service and organizational experience.Good work environment and supportive management team.
Pros
Paid time off for part-time.
Cons
Low possibility of sizable pay raises.
Average retail environment
Dept Head (Current Employee) –  Loves Park, ILNovember 4, 2018
When I started over 8 yrs ago it was truly a pleasure to work there. Hard work was recognized and I was offered advance after a year. Now... Outsourced company telling corporate how to run the business makes for cookie cutter, one size fits all expectations. Our feedback and concern as associates is either addressed as wrong, or simply irrelevant. Workload has become impossible and expectations totally unreasonable. Common in retail environment these days. Made me sad and upset, when the transition to "workforce management" began. Now it's just exhausting and frustrating. Extremely stressful environment
Pros
Good benefits and I love the customers and associates
Cons
Management can't put their differences aside... Ever
I'm sure it'd be an enjoyable career for the right person.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAOctober 31, 2018
Management changes almost frequently. There's room for upward mobility, but not much to motivate an employee to work toward. Unless you're looking to work your way up, it's really more like a high school/post retirement type job.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Poor and inconsistent management
Almost perfect
Department head (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILOctober 29, 2018
I love my job, the customers, and the people I work with. The only problem I have is the inconsistency in hrs. I'm so loyal that I'd retire from there if I got 40 hrs a wk.
Pros
Benifits, paid holidays, set schedule, management is great
Cons
Inconsistant hours, unfair wages
nice copany to work for
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILOctober 17, 2018
It has been a long time since I worked at Blain's Farm and Fleet, but when I worked there I enjoyed it. The atmosphere was good and the management was good. I never had an issue that the management didn't listen to and care about.
benefits
Cons
slow advancement
Good but long hours
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAOctober 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at Blains but the hours expected out of assistant mangers were very very long. 14-15 hour days made for a long week. You do have to relocate which they tell you ahead of time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blain's Farm & Fleet (Blain Supply, Inc.). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight