Blain's Farm & Fleet (Blain Supply, Inc.) Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 29, 2018
Nice place to work...friendly faces and great customers. Hardest part of job is lifting boxes and taking them down a ladder in the warehouse...there are no harnesses to keep safe
That was a very uncomfortable place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJune 29, 2018
Many employees have been there for a long time and are not very welcoming to the new people. The hours are awful. The pay is terrible. It is not only physically but mentally demanding there.
Productive and a great learning job
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, IL 61008June 25, 2018
This position was a lot of fun, I was able to manage the front end cashiers and make sure customers were being waited on in a timely fashion. This was also a fun paced job, and required you to prioritize and make sure you get all tasks completed for the day
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Working every other weekend
management was poor in certain areas
Sporting Goods Associate, Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJune 13, 2018
I used to love going to work here, employees in the shop were like family. But always was swamped with ordering parts and taking phone calls as well as working on vehicles because we were understaffed.
do yourself a favor keep LOOKING
PAINT DEPARTMENT HEAD (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 9, 2018
I was a full time employee for well over a decade please believe me this is a dead end place to work with no hope of improvement, after all I wasted almost 13 years waiting for just that!
Pros
paid holidays off, good coworkers
Cons
Cheap and dumb "management" at ALL levels
Typical work day
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILMay 28, 2018
clock in check for orders set ads, stock, help customers, set new plan o grams, attend morning huddle, pick up any returns from customer service, check main stock room for new stuff.
Blains Farm and Fleet
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMay 16, 2018
Overall a great Part Time position for young or freshly starting employee's, good for full time employee's, with decent benefits for either Part or Full Time. Very strict about break times, so those are guaranteed, that's always a plus.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun workplace
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Geneseo, ILMay 13, 2018
Management and peers are always willing to assist with developing your skills which makes any given day much easier. The only complications are making sure tasks are completed in a timely manner on a busy weekend, which is typical anywhere in retail. Local customers are friendly and very patient. Working here has greatly improved my time management, prioritization, organization, and customer service skills pushing me to move to bigger career goals.
Pros
Family-friendly company
Poor
Dubuque, IA - Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Platteville, WIMay 13, 2018
The pay was poor for all I had to do. Not worth the headache. Short staffed at all times.Have to put up with major backtalk from the management. The order that project are done in is not very good.
Nice Place to learn
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lacrosse, WIMay 4, 2018
Management makes sure that you learn everything you need to advance in your role. If you are wanting to learn retail management they have a great program for that.
Great teamwork
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIApril 27, 2018
Awesome people to work with. Good work enviornment, open door policy good. Training was sufficient. Opportunities for cross training are offered. Wonderful customer interaction.
Pros
Hour long lunches
Cons
Very limited benefits
lively coworkers
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 25, 2018
Throughout my employment with Blain's Farm and Fleet, I was surrounded by coworkers who were willing to help me perform my job to the best of my ability.
Pros
nice break room
interesting
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILApril 23, 2018
Management was a bit wired at times but it also felt like a family business even though it has grown to something bigger. pay was less than satisfactory but benefits were included for FT employees.
I got along with everybody in the store it was fun.
Department Head Agriculture/Other dept (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILApril 19, 2018
I like working in the store and I thought that it may have taken me places but in long run I found out that it was not for me. If anybody is looking for a good department store Blain's is one.
Pros
A good place for others.
Avoid this store entirely
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILApril 14, 2018
This was without question the most mentally stressful job I've had. There is absolutely no support from management, the store manager berates performance constantly then will ask "You're not gonna quit are you?". You have to be able to grasp multitasking quickly from unloading trucks, stocking promotional items, dealing with other departments who don't want to perform their duties and assisting customers with large pickups as well as hasty product assembly from time to time. Employees are set in their ways, bitter and your help is not good enough. Many have been there way past their time and use it to their advantage. Over half the staff was either dating or married to other staff so not much gets done. I strongly advise not going to the warehouse: you would be taken advantage of off the bat and belittled everyday though you're trying to go 1,000 MPH to do all your tasks with your biggest critic being the store manager.
Pros
Profit sharing, discounts, long hours
Cons
Horrible management, lazy employees, unrealistic expectations, complete dysfunction
Blain's is not Competitive
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 9, 2018
Blains Farm and Fleet is a dying company. They do not offer competitive wages nor do they offer benefits unless you are FT and they don't hire for FT.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Pay and Benefits
Benefits are lacking
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIMarch 31, 2018
Working full time a person needs vacation days to spend with family, you don't get any until you have been there a full year. The health insurance offered is not very good.
It's ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 21, 2018
The energy of the call center is great, but people on temp basis are restricted on which entrances they can use and they don't get keycards or a remote to open the gate to get in.
It really depends on your position as to your job summary
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockton, ILMarch 6, 2018
Retail is always cut throat esp. during the holidays. Each day is different, each store is different, each positon and the requirements are different.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
it's retail
great company / poor management
Dept. Head of sporting goods (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIFebruary 24, 2018
start pay just above minimum wage. employees are great, most customers are good but will get the occasional person with attitude. management needs work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blain's Farm & Fleet (Blain Supply, Inc.). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight