Blake Management Group Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work with an extremely high turnover rate!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAApril 16, 2019
This place is HORRIBLE ! Management talks about their employees behind their backs to other employees and are very unprofessional. There is no communication between the staff. Management lies to staff about the condition of the residents. The cna’s are always working short staffed! Don’t get sick because they will still ask if you can come in and work. It’s a very unsafe environment to work in. If you love working as a nurse and want to keep your license this is NOT the ideal place to be.
Cons
$3 meals, low pay for a lot of work, no communication, messy & unsafe environment
Good, hard working, Fast Pace
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Taos Ski Valley, NMMarch 21, 2019
Have to finish cleaning the rooms on time, have to be quick on ur feet. Have to keep up on stocking ur rooms an making sure everything is ready for the guests to arrive.
Nice place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCFebruary 5, 2019
Very nice place..not enough help to be able to do your job properly..not much recognition for people that work the hardest..the pay should be better for the amount of work required..great residents...friendly staff..good food over all a good place to work..
Pros
Residents
Cons
Pay
good place to work
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJanuary 14, 2019
I have worked in assisted living and nursing homes for a long time. I'm glad I changed to the Blake. All jobs have some negatives but the Blake has a good team and good boss.
Pros
mostly nice coworkers, rewarding
Cons
it can be hard work
Great Place
Server (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 13, 2019
The day goes by super fast. the managers are awesome. The hardest part for me was lifting trays due to my bad shoulders. I have trouble with the heavy trays. Some patients are difficult but you have to be patient.
Great job!
Maintenance director (Former Employee) –  MalbisJanuary 12, 2019
hated to leave! I worked at the Blake at malbis for 7 years and it always felt like family, very caring and attentive staff coupled with family members who recognize your efforts
Not a Great Place to Work
PA (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCDecember 30, 2018
The company needs to be evaluated, especially management. Their is not a lot of diversity in management roles. The pay is low for all that you are required to do during each shift which, also includes doing other positions work as well. Sometimes management purchases food and gifts for staff possibly to cover how poorly they manage. Management does not respect staff and over works them. Constantly short staffed and nothing is ever done to help issue. The only joy there is, comes from caring for the residents. It may be a nice facility, but everything that glitters is not gold. I'd never move my parents here.
Pros
$3 meals, nice facility
Cons
Poor Mangement, No diversity, Poor treatment of employees
Waste of time
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCNovember 8, 2018
Management is racist and all about getting a bonus. They do not care about the residents or staff especially the African Americans. They don't care about being short staffed. To save money they'll have 2 PAs with 30+ residents. The PAs don't work together!
Pros
Residents are loving
Cons
Management do not care about anyone but themselves.
New management is needed really fast
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 31, 2018
Worst place ever. Beautiful only on the inside but no love inside. Management team sucks the nurses are good people and they don't get respected by management. They should all quit. I quit because 9 dollars was not enough for my family and I drive too far but management doesn't care. The staff in the kitchen got paid more than us. I feel sorry for the residents that place need to management it seems as though nobody cares. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy. They watch us as if we steal food they treat us as if we don't belong its so sad. I wished nobody shows up for work and upper management had to take care of the residents that would he amazing. They dont appreciate us only the nurses. No pay raise all lies. Don't work here please
Poor work/life balance, disconnect between core values and management from BMG
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALAugust 12, 2018
BMG has been expanding at a rapid rate and has lost connection with already established buildings. Core values are taught but not followed by senior management.
They need actvity coordinators that know howto plan events for the resident
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 18, 2018
It is a very beautiful place on the inside and outside but very very poor mananagement from the director director of nurse the boss thepersonal assistants some of them are very lazy and they need a whole new management or less the place won't b there too long the residents are sad
Pros
No kind of appreciation for the personal assistants
Cons
They better management
Job too easy for it to be so stressful
n/a (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAJuly 1, 2018
The job itself was easy but management made it un bearable. Being talked down to like you're a child in front of residents and co workers is not professional. You aren't properly trained they just throw you in there. Being an assisted living facility proper training is vital. They also make you take online courses which sometimes have nothing to do with your particular role but you're still forced to take them. The pay isn't good either. If the place was ran by better managers maybe the turnover rate wouldn't be so high.
Pros
easy job
Cons
management
BMG was fair. Ownership of community pathetic
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSJune 28, 2018
The management group was trying hard to to the right things. The ownership group of community did not have a clue about how to foster and grow an effective staff. BMG needed to assert themselves and correct ownership bad business practices.
Pros
Enjoyed working with and growing to care for residents
Cons
Ownership had no idea how to foster productive work environment
A lot of work but a rewarding place to work.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 22, 2018
I worked at the one in Lafayette. Only quit because I had to move out of town. The building is beautiful with courtyards. The residents are mostly happy and fun to be around. With any job there are some downsides but I enjoyed my time here and would go back if I ever move back to the area.
Pros
Residents, nice favility
Cons
Long days on your feet.
Great environment
wellness (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 22, 2018
I love working at The Blake at Lafayette. Management is fair and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
the residents are awesome and make the day go by fast.
Pros
Fast paced, resident interaction
Inviting place to live
Activites Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 22, 2018
I have worked for the Blake since it opened and have loved my job. The administration team provides great guidance and leadership skills to make a wonderful environment for the staff and residents. They are understanding and try their best to make us feel appreciated. I believe that this is the best senior living in the area to work as an employee.
Pros
Staff
The Best Place to Work and Live!
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 22, 2018
The Blake at Lafayette is an amazing place to work.... The community is absolutely beautiful and the residents and staff have enriching and rewarding experiences with each other, families and guests! The staff is so very caring for the residents and fellow staff members. I couldn't imagine a better place to work or live!
A great place to work.
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALJune 15, 2018
I have worked here for over 2 years. Most of the residents are great to work with. There are some issues from time to time but the director really cares about making things good for the residents.
Pros
nice coworkers
Management is terrible.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJune 7, 2018
The Blake at Flowood is a beautiful community with the sweetest residents. I really enjoyed working there as far as the residents and coworkers went. However, management is TERRIBLE. They love to tell you what you want to hear to get you in the job, but shortly after hire you realize they were just blowing smoke. Management consists of all women who are unreliable and catty. The DBO is an awful person to deal with. She has an awful attitude towards everyone, is always too busy to help you with anything, and consistently messes up the time and PTO. You are I allowed to stand up for yourself because you will be wrote up. Benefits are also terrible and too costly. Such a negative atmosphere. Corporate is great and very helpful. Once management is replaced with the RIGHT people, this place will soar!
Pros
Coworkers, residents, beautiful facility
Cons
Director of BO, pay, benefits, flexibility, uncaring management
Once a great company
Director of Wellness, (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSApril 17, 2018
The Blake started off as an idea company to work for, but a change in management quickly shifted the dynamics of the company; making it an impossible place to work. After almost three years with company I resigned.
Pros
residents
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blake Management Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6