Blanchard Valley Health System Employee Reviews

Not caring facility about employee's feelings
RMA (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 18, 2018
Until new management came into the department it was a good and fun place to work. Long hours and some changes needed to be made but nothing that couldn't be handled by the staff working there. But one by one they let staff go and before you knew it all the front office staff was gone and we were all out of a job. No rhyme or reason just said our services were no longer needed. I love working for the doctor and the other staff members were great but when new management came in they decided they wanted to clean house and they did. Now I hear the staff they used to replace us didn't last and the staff that was there had been there for some time so I guess karma came back to bite them in the butt, sad thing is though they lost good people who loved what they did. I will never work for BVH again they say they care but they don't, they didn't care about any of us as they let us go one by one with no warning coming.
Weird
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 17, 2018
Sorry to say, this is a weird company which shies away from hiring locals. Seem to hire many from the surrounding smaller towns and villages, instead. I found the working environment to be hostile and unprofessional..
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Not stable
Tertible management
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 28, 2018
I began my position as temp. I was hired in and LOVED everything about my job, until a change in management. Department overhaul was done and now I fear daily for retaliation from my supervisor and director. They micro manage you and leave your job duties in a grey area so they can blame if later no mater what the outcome. Neither of them understand anything in the department, but make rules that only a select few must follow. The rest of the department does as they see fit. I have seen multiple areas suffer from the same poor management.
Pros
Pay
Small town mentality
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 14, 2018
Poor management, patient privacy issues, lack of professionalism. Many inappropriate conversations about patients. Poor training practices that allow for uneducated staff providing medical directives to patients. Communication is the worst I have ever experienced, at times including no response to formal emails, voicemails, and/or policy and procedure concerns.
Pros
close commute
Cons
unprofessionalism and lack of experienced, educated management
Hanco EMS- Excellent place to work
Pre-hospital Health Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 9, 2018
Hanco EMS is a private, fast-paced job that keeps your skills fresh. Hanco is contracted for all of the City of Findlay and a majority of Hancock County for 9-1-1 services. We cover public events such as concerts, sporting events, community events and many others. We also are contracted with BGSU for all sporting and public events. We also do non-emergency interfacility transports however we are paid an extra stipend every two weeks for any transport over 60 miles! Extra money for just doing our jobs!! 24 hours on with 48 hours off is great! There is also a 12-hour, 3 day a week option too. We have all of the best equipment available including 10 ALS ambulances, 2 Paramedic intercept vehicles, 2 water rescue boats, a Bobcat utility response vehicle and a golf cart. We also have Stryker Power Cots and Power Load systems, Zoll X-series monitors, Lucas II CPR devices and electronic reporting. We also have available to us 100% tuition reimbursement for current employees that wish to take EMT, Advanced EMT and/or Paramedic school, as well as nursing school if so desired. Hanco has in-house instructors for all continuing education, ALCS, PALS, BLS/CPR, PHTLS, full refresher classes, etc. on site as well at no cost to us! Trucks and equipment are well maintained and if we need a specific piece of equipment, management is not opposed to getting it for us, within reason. I have never worked for a company that has offered annual merit base bonuses, annual percentage wage increases or birthday pay until now. Yes! You paid 8 extra hours in your birthday month on top of the  more... hours you already worked!! We get paid vacation time, paid holidays and paid sick time. Health care, dental and vision benefits are pretty good too. You can chose which package is right for you and your family. There is also a retirement plan that the Health System will pay in to. I cannot say enough good about my employer and I would recommend working here to anyone that is interested in EMS, including my family!  less
Pros
Benefits, top of the line equipment, an employer that actually cares
Cons
Very busy with little down time. Must be willing to work!
Worst Management Ever
Patient Financial Services associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside SuitesMay 4, 2018
Patient Financial Services at Riverside Suites, which includes billing, pre-certification, and credit/collections has the worst management team in the entire health system. The department that once functioned as an excellent team has been destroyed by poor management skills. Management shows blatant favoritism and actually contributes to the negative and slightly hostile work environment. They encourage drama by allowing inappropriate comments to be spread; in fact, they even participate in the behavior by discussing it outside the department with other associates! They treat the employees like they’re children or criminals by spying or eavesdropping around corners so they can catch someone “doing something wrong” like saying good morning or how was your weekend to a coworker. When they don’t hear anyone violating the ever changing rules in the department, they try to enlist other associates. Yes, they call newer associates in and ask them to be their “narcs!” And, everyone is told hospital wide to come forward with any issues so they can be addressed by management. Yeah, right! Issues either get swept under the rug or thrown back in your face no matter how high up in the organization you take them. Then, you’re treated even worse, so the morale just keeps plummeting down. Even when employees go above and beyond, there’s no positive reinforcement or recognition (unless it’s one of the favorites). It’s a very depressing environment to work in day after day when the four women leading Patient Financial Services don’t show the employees any respect and truly don’t care about them.  more... After I turned in my notice that I had found a new career with the possibility of advancement, only one of the four congatulated me or even said goodbye to me on my last day. These are supposed to be professionals, right? Two of them only glared at me and never said a word, which really didn’t surprise me because that’s their normal behavior. A large number of associates in this department are actively seeking other employment, and I wish them luck. I loved the work I did and many of my coworkers, but working in such a stressful environment was taking a toll on my health.  less
Pros
Coworkers, pay
Cons
Management!!!
Not a good experience
PCT (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 30, 2018
Taken advantage of everyday it had its perks but over all miserable. I don’t really recommend working there. it is exhausting mentally and emotionally draining
Pros
health benefits, Pto
Cons
workload, too much responsibility
Great for people who want to work in the medical fields
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 13, 2018
I would like for the next people they decide to hire to take more interest in them, being an STNA is hard work and it’s very time consuming, it also takes a toll on the body.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Poor management
Do not work here
Patient accounting (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 1, 2018
I would highly recommend not working for BVHS. Management is awful! If they don’t like you, they pick on your until you either quit or they get rid of you. When you leave your desk you they want to know why you are up and will watch you to see how long you are away from your desk. Management spys on employees. This place is awful and everyone that works out at riverside hates their job!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
The whole company
Awful management
RN (Former Employee) –  Nursing careFebruary 14, 2018
Worse place ever worked very unprofessional managers and no respect for HIPPA and patients privacy. Very judge mental of patients. Expect a lot from employees and no recognition for going above and beyond. Issues with management most leaders are uneducated and have no idea what they talking about or how to provide patient care. Only care about the mighty dollar which is very sad considering they are a not for profit organization
Cons
Good
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Very good employer I love going to work everyday and I enjoy the people that I work with. It's has a very different pace. I would just like more time with my children
Not a Very Good Work Environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 1, 2018
As an RN in the ICU, my time there was very stressful d/t lack of teamwork. The nurses there are cliquey and very condescending, which makes for a tough work environment. What's just as worse is that management knows this has been going on for a while and refuses to do anything about it. Don't get me wrong, there are some great people that work there, but there are far too many with negative attitudes working there. If you like feeling like you are in high school again, then this is the place for you. But if you value professionalism and unit cohesiveness, I would recommend somewhere else.
Cons
Poor compensation compared to area hospitals
Fine place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 20, 2017
Fine place to work if you need a job. I would like more flexibility in my schedule. Work in office all day with no windows and only two small breaks.
Horrible
Surgery (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 5, 2017
Management is a complete joke, if they don't like you they will make your job horrible until you quit or get fired. They don't care about their employees only their favorites which is really sad because I really liked many of my cow workers and doctors. I learned a lot the time that I was there, but would never recommend working there to anyone. Stressful long hours, barely get lunches and they don't care how many times you work over you never get a thank you or anything. Sad how they treat their employees.
Awful place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 29, 2017
Working for the housekeeping department would be the worst mistake of your life. Management is AWFUL. They are heartless people who care more about making you the most miserable person at the job than helping you succeed. Nothing you will ever do will be enough too satisfy them. They amount of turnover that there is, is horrible. My coworkers were the only thing keeping me at my job until I found a new one. Mt advice would be to look for a job elsewhere.
Pros
coworkers, day shift
Cons
Management, workload
Overall great organization to work for
Caughman Health Center Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 2, 2017
Overall, BVHS is a great place to work. Management could be improved in numerous departments, however I personally did not experience any significant issues. I would recommend BVHS to friends!
Cardiology Scheduler/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 24, 2017
Great hours and great place to work. Great group of people to work with and everyone is willing to help when needed. Very patient driven environment.
Great team work, flexible job sites
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 31, 2017
I'm going to miss this place, great people to work with. Good team work. Good benefits. I would recommend Blanchard Valley Hospital to everyone. Great recognition programs and awards.
Pros
Competive wages
Cons
Cafeteria is expensive
Learned a lot throughout the way
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 21, 2017
Started in the kitchen to get my foot in the door. Was a PCT while in school and then became a nurse. Great advancement, but favorites from bosses was a negative. And people are clicky. They didn't allow you to be a nurse intern if you didn't go for your bachelors. Thought that was unfair.
Good place to work, terrible management.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 13, 2017
Working in the pharmacy is worth it if you like to stay busy. However, management makes it unbearable to enjoy doing said job. The manager micro-manages every little detail of what you are doing but tends to look the other way if other people do the same thing but they are liked by the manager. They will tear you down to the point were you are nervous to do your job. Loved working with all members of the pharmacy and all other areas of the hospital, everyone was very friendly, willing to work together, and help you if needed. If you are looking to work at Blanchard Valley look in other areas besides the pharmacy.
benefits
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blanchard Valley Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.6

1.6Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Blanchard Valley Health System Reviews by Location