BLANK ROME, LLP Employee Reviews

Wanted to move on
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 15, 2018
There was definitely room for advancement at Blank Rome, LLP, but you needed to have degree's and being in a law was not what I wanted to do in my life.
Pros
Paid Luch
Cons
Some individuals I worked with
No Frills Company
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2018
Work environment is adequate and co-workers/managers are great. Don't expect anything from the firm except the required pay on the 1st and the 15th. If you simply need employment, it's fine to work with the firm. If you are already with a stable employee appreciative firm that provides fringe benefits or have other options, seriously consider the other options.
Pros
Consistent Pay, Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Lack of Perks, New executives uninterested in employee morale, No 401K match, accrued PTO, Working hours longer than other firms, Company does not contribute to dental insurance, difficult to obtain job advancement, too many chiefs
Productive and friendly workplace with great benefits
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at Blank Rome for 14 years. I also enjoyed my co-workers as well. Management was fair .I learned many skills and the most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team and the great benefits.
Fast paced environment
Video-conference Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 1, 2018
As with any law firm of that size, there are mergers and/or acquisition of other firms over time. Sometimes, a merger totally changes the overall culture of the firm. I can't speak for moving forward, but previous to the last merger, this was a solid place to work. Things can't stay the same forever and anyone stepping in now, won't know anything about the past.
Pros
previous to the last merger LOTS of perks
Cons
some lunch breaks interrupted
Fast-paced work environment
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2017
I learned a lot while working at Blank, Rome. I worked there from 1982 through 1986 so it was a very long time ago. I don't recall much details other than the work environmental being extremely busy.
Pros
Nice lawyers
Cons
Very stressful working with certain people
Stressful, throw each other under the bus atmosphere for personal gain
Director of Facilities (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2017
Used to be a family type atmosphere until the firm began to grow exponentially under current management. Growth is normally welcomed but not at the expense of the folks that worked tirelessly to help you get there only to be discarded via layoff.
No Comment
Docketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2017
Prefer not to give an opinion. I worked at BR for a number of years, left and returned to a firm that had dramatically changed from a family friendly, caring firm to a corporate uncaring one
It was a great job until the huge layoffs in 2009
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2017
I was one of over 250 employees who were laid off in 2009. After six years of employment in various practice groups I was let go because I was the last one hired in the Real Estate secretary pool.

Would I recommend this firm, yes I would recommend it. But apparently, the firm has changed so much with a lot of the groups being outsourced that I would not recognize it as the Blank Rome I worked for.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Being part of a huge firm wide lay off
Needs work!!
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2017
Philly runs the offices but they don't. Different rules , arbitrary changing of rules. They don't support advancement ( In the DC office). Little to no support. Lack of understanding of what some people do contributes to ineffective management. They are guided by numbers, billable everything only for it to be written off. Number numbers numbers .. if you don't have them forget a raise or bonus even if non-billable work has been done in an effort to straighten out the crazy that you walked into. Its unorganized and unresponsive to genuine concern about work flow.
Pros
They don't bother you unless something goes wrong
Cons
They don't bother you unless something goes wrong
Balanced
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2017
At the time I was there it was a very collegiate environment. I understand thins have changed vis-à-vis staffing but overall it was a pleasant environment.

Want to know more about BLANK ROME, LLP?

Ask a question
Was a nice place to work
Executive Legal Secretary/Professional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2017
I was very happy at BR. It was a good environment and was able to work for some great people. Benefits were good, salary was good, people in general was nice.
Work Balance Concentration
Partner - Corporate Litigation Group (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Blank Rome does compete in the work/life balance space for law firms. Emergencies still pop up and must be dealt with. Partners seem to work as much or more than associates.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Platform/name is still growing among clients
Management not supportive
Professional Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Management not as supportive as they appear to be. Management does not have to be friendly, however Management (certain person) not as supportive as they claim to be.
It was a nice place to work. I enjoyed my job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 7, 2017
I worked at Blank Rome for 7 years. It was a pleasant environment to work in. I did enjoy my job and the people that I met. I did do a lot around the office besides answering the phone. I wanted to take classes to advance but Blank Rome got rid of my position due the restructuring.
Pros
I met a lot of great people
Cons
I did have a lot of down time. It drove me nuts.
Corporate Law/Litigation and Maritime Law
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 29, 2017
Corporate Law/Litigation is fast pace but not stressful as personal liability litigation or medical malpractice.

Both Corporate Law/Litigation and Maritime require you to manage your time wisely. You must be organized and know how to prioritize assignments. Must have good work ethic and proofreading skills along with good computer skills, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, etc. Keep accurate calendars so deadlines are not missed and your attorneys never miss appointments, meetings or court dates. Must be a team player.
Great people, fast paced environment, awesome team
Real Estate Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2017
review closing documents, ensuring all documents are fully executed and final to deliver to bank, borrower and servicer. worked closely with closing attorney and secretary to meet deadlines.
comfortable environment
legal secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 10, 2017
Typical day varied based on need of clients so balance changed daily. If pressured by client to produce documents, support may be available but at times additional hours were required to complete task.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
under time lines at times
Doc Production
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2017
I worked in document specialist department. It was basically formatting, editing, creating documents and working with overflow work of attorneys. Nice if you don't want day to day routine
Hard work = no recoginition
Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2017
Working there for many years has taught me that in order for you to succeed you have to be apart of the in-crowd...meaning living in the same neighborhood, hang out frequently after work and wasting countless hours in those who have been blessed with offices. They offer bonuses and raises to those who threaten to leave in order to keep them there, while those who truly deserve them get pennies on the dollar or are told to be thankful that in this economy you have a job. Those who have worked on Saturdays, late nights and help implement ideas within the company to make the flow of work easier just get played for a fool and others reap the benefits of YOUR hardwork. I would not recommend anyone working there unless you are truly in need of a job and dont mind being used a door mat.
Pros
ice cream socials and thanksgiving meals
Cons
low pay, horrible management, no structure, no accountability
BR was a good company to work for.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 29, 2017
In the 27 years I worked for Blank Rome, I enjoyed being an employee. The benefits were outstanding and the consideration for their employees was extraordinary. Everything has changed since they eliminated my job in 2012. They changed their management style and from what I hear is no longer one of the best firms to work for.
Pros
We were kept up to date with the latest technology
Cons
High pressure