Blarney Castle Oil Employee Reviews

Some better than others.
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 1, 2019
It all depends on the management. I worked at one location in Mt.Pleasant and LOVED working there! Excellent! Fair hours, got along with everyone, very chill environment. The second, ugh. Very unprofessional, doesn’t work with anyone when scheduling, favoritism, unfair hours, unsafe working conditions, and shocker! Everyone had a poor attitude. I guess if you know someone in the store, do it. If not, don’t waste your time.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
The management bringing down the rest
It's a great place to work until your mgr needs a fall guy.
Customer Service Associate/ Deli Mgr (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIFebruary 28, 2019
With the right upper mgmt it is a great place. Once upper mgmt decides you are the problem, without really researching, you are taking the fall for someone else's ineptitude.
Pros
Working with the public.
Cons
No breaks. Limited control of your own department
Insufficent staffing
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kinross, MIFebruary 11, 2019
Insufficient staffing was a chronic issue. Management was fine otherwise but wouldn't hire enough people to safely and properly fill the schedule. And if someone was sick or needed time off it wasn't possible due to understaffing.
Pros
Cons
Frequent and random schedule changes, Understaffed
No chance for advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  De Tour Village, MIJanuary 11, 2019
Low wages and no chance for advancement. No help from Dm or area manager. Felt as though myself and other employees were un appreciated. Hours were too long for what they wanted to pay for salary.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Salary is low
good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bear Lake, MIJanuary 10, 2019
Enjoyed fellow workers and had a great experience
with customers The managers always worked with me on hours as I play in a Rock and Roll band and required weekends off.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
too much drama
Short time cash grab
Cashier and Customer Service (part time) (Former Employee) –  Bellaire, MINovember 29, 2018
Fast paced, stressful and careless. Interviewers are “area managers” that make it look all fancy but could NOT care less about you. As you are simply a number and they only care of making their sales numbers. Career advancement is possible, wait 2 months and they’ll be fired or/and you’ll be dropped in that position easily. Don’t put too much into the job as you have a 10% chance of your supervisor actually caring about their employees and holding them accountable. You CANNOT be fired unless the Area Manager’s pet hates you. I’ve worked over 70 hours a week at several weeks at a time. Met with Bad criticism and poor leadership.

Area Managers and the Corporation Staff, and finally the upper Staff son’s do not care, you are a number and it’s a easy job to get there they treat you like garbage with no loyalty.
Pros
I no longer work there.
Cons
Anyone that has no self esteem will work there.
They are rude and full of drama they set people up and lie
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Remus,MINovember 21, 2018
I would never ever work for them again in my life unless u can live off from 100 a week they lie and are very childish people. They are just down right rude and dirty and lazy none of them do their jobs and you get into trouble for it
Pros
There are none
no advancement
CSA/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIOctober 15, 2018
never gave me the to advance and be a member of a team. brother managed brother and I didn't advance much as I as a good employee. but it ws hard to work with management
Pros
ot to meet people
Cons
dishonest managers
Stressfull
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsley, MIOctober 14, 2018
Some home office people are very supportive, others are not. Overall, they want you to do too much with little help. The day to day work is good. Great interaction with the customers.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Home Office
Very straightforward and laid back
Deli Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waters, MIOctober 9, 2018
The workplace is very clean and organized and the employees are always family to one another. Many laughs are to be had here. An overall good place to work for what it’s worth.
meh
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 3, 2018
very boring did a lot of bored cleaning because nothing to do. learned how to manage pumps and store cleaning and stocking. management is alright. i got along with the workers.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 22, 2018
Customer service is the main for us here also a clean and stocked store is important. They pay every week which is great, you typically work the same shift but sometimes you may be scheduled for another shift if necessary.
Overall a great job experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manistee, MIJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed working with our loyal customers and my coworkers were fun to work with as well. The hardest part was working with multiple machines for access to payments and gift cards.
I learned that corporations such as this replaces people quickly.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hart, MIJune 13, 2018
I had hernia surgery and had restrictions, yet I was expected to continue to do work that wasn't within the restrictions.I liked the job and had good hours.
Fast Paced, Fun, Advancement Opportunities
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 1, 2018
Very nice family owned company. Owners are actively involved. As an employee, you do not feel like just a number! Owners and upper management care about the employees and they know employee's by name! They are open to ideas and changes that the associates suggest. Overall, you feel like you are an owner too! You are respected and praised for your work. When a manager tells you thank you, it is genuine!
Pros
Fellow associates, benefits, family owned
Cons
Sometimes long days
Manager is ignorant
Former Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tustin, MIMay 17, 2018
Manager is very condescending. I liked the co-workers and customers. They don't train very well. Pretty much thrown to the wolves. Could pay more. Assistant manager is just a glorified cashier. Manager said so herself.
Pros
Free fountain and coffee. Co workers. Customers.
Cons
Poor management all around.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Middleton, MIMay 11, 2018
It is a really great place to work. Nothing to really say about it, Just do your job. And do not complain about what they have you do, and you will be fine.
Decent: Pay's not great, but for what you do its pretty fair
Class C Operator, Cashier and Stocker (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 26, 2018
Long hours, sometimes no breaks, relentless, same old stuff, day in day out. Customers can be seriously trashy. Coworkers can be pretty awful too. Feels like a nest of gossip and drama behind the counter. As far as the job goes, its easy. Hardest thing would be cleaning up something gross in the bathroom and enduring your feet being sore after being at work for about 2 hours. Management can be bad, but for the most part, I've had excellent management. Corporate is not good. They take forever to process things and seem to turn a blind eye in circumstances where scheduling is tough.
Pros
Free drinks, popcorn.
Cons
Short breaks, sore feet, rude customers, trashy, worn out uniform shirts.
Stressful
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 17, 2018
Incompetent workers, poor pay, intimidating corporate representatives, and poor management. Constantly fixing other employees mistakes.

Daily duties: making coffee, cleaning pop machine, mopping, sweeping, stocking shelves/cooler, taking out trash, cleaning gas pumps, checking in vendors, etc.
Overall review
Assistant Manger (Current Employee) –  Alma, MIApril 8, 2018
Fast paced environment with a lot of staff turnover, lack of motivation of employees, a lot of no call no show employees, management does not require employees to do their jobs.
Pros
made aware of gas hikes
Cons
No breaks