Blast Cleaning Technologies, Inc.

Working at Blast Cleaning Technologies, Inc.: 14 Reviews

United States14 reviews

Mind your own business

Keep to yourself. Plant manager has awful communication skills. You won't get your yearly bonus, there's always an excuse. They tend to hire unexperienced employees that are "all talk".

Pros

Vacation

Cons

Plant Supervisor

Great Opportunity to Grow!

Since starting employment here - I have noticed that there is a strong desire to work hard and work as a team to get tasks done. Everyone is very helpful if you need help understanding anything. It's important to take part in meetings and stay on task with your duties. It's awesome to see how far this company has come in a short amount of time. This company is definitely projected to keep growing and a great opportunity to gain great experience.

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Good Pay

Blast Cleaning Technologies, Inc. insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Terrible Culture - not a team work atmosphere (unless you are part of the special group)

The culture that is described is not the same as what actually exists.Lots of double standards depending on which employee you are. Be very careful upon deciding to join this organization.

Pros

compensation

Cons

culture

Terrible Culture, Poor Leadership, Horrible Work/Life Balance

Asked to work mandatory overtime hours but as salary you're not fiscally compensated. Owner is a micromanager and doesn't allow employees to prove their worth. Below average pay and benefits. Not a great place to work.

Pros

Occasional company lunches, casual attire

Cons

Below average pay and benefits, Owners and Leadership, No work/life balance

Excellent Culture and very inclusive team

Worked at BCT for 6 months which isn't a reflection of the company. The CEO truly cares about his the people that work there and is very involved in the day to day operations. The CFO iand controller are also very visible and were extremely helpful to me in my role. I felt very included and was treated very well.

Pros

Great people

Great place to work don’t talk to anyone

Really enjoyed working here. This was my favorite welding job. Break room for welders was the nicest I have ever seen. Coffee machines, ovens, dishwashers the whole 9. Work was all custom and there never was a boring day. I was laid off due to slow down in business because of the covid-19 crisis. They play a lot of favorites and the blue prints are not perfect but who’s are? They will pick experience over dedication to the company every time. Welders with 15 years experience doing no call no shows. And they decided to lay me off. If you work hard and show up you will not be rewarded. Don’t make friends here. Most of the people who work there are already friends and will look out for only there friends. Just be careful. Pay was good

A strong culture with dedicated employees

At BCT, everyone from the CEO down is dedicated to creating innovative solutions for our customers and having fun along the way. Everyone pitches in to get the job done right for customers. People are given opportunities to grow, and are rewarded for their successes. BCT is a fast-paced environment where people aren't micro-managed, so it's imperative that employees have the internal drive to problem-solve and persevere. If you're a person that constantly strives for improving and growing, you'll fit in perfectly here and enjoy the journey. If you're just looking for a job and a paycheck, this is not the employer for you. So far it's been extremely rewarding being a part of this organization, and I'm excited to see how much we continue to grow and innovate!

Starting pay was fair

horrible management, shop supervisor will throw his coworkers under the bus. if you are a woman keep in mind that EVERY male coworker there is above you no matter how good you are at your trade. They will alter your pay hours, tools are stolen and NOT Enough PPE!!!

BCT has a strong innovative culture. With the company being relatively new, employees work in a fast- paced environment where change is constant. Everyone from the CEO down is open to new ideas and works with the goal of driving the company's mission and ensuring customers' expectations are exceeded. This is not an organization for someone that is looking to be micro-managed, as employees are trusted to do their job to the best of his/her ability using a combination of best practices and independent critical thinking. The culture is one of inclusion and professional support, as all employees give 110% to move the bar and keep the momentum that this company has had since its inception.

Excellent atmosphere with everyone helping eachother succeed

I have worked for 5 different companies in the heavy industrial world for the last 5 years and BCT is by FAR the best company yet. The work environment is busy, yet not overwhelming. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help you get up to speed on new tasks so you are on top of everything. The president is an incredible leader; very hands on and willing to get his hands dirty with the rest of us if need be. I see him on the shop floor all the time assisting customers and shop guys get the job done. He definitely leads by example. The benefits are right on par with most companies. 401(k) match 50% up to 6% contribution. HSA contributions for single and families. The medical insurance is a slightly higher deductible than I would like, but not outrageous. Very clean environment. Salaried hours are also flexible... I'm an early riser so I like being able to get in at 7 to leave at 4 but some people go from 8:30 to 5:30, etc... The equipment we work with is also very fascinating. If you're like me and enjoy the heavy industrial equipment world, this company will make you feel right at home.

temp job

was just a temporary job which i had to bring my own tools to work for which is dumb unless youre a vehicle mechanic at a shop. the pay was not great and at times had very bad organization

Family friendly and relaxed place to work

The environment there was incredible. Everyone was very helpful and everyone worked together to get project done. When a project was completed the entire company would gather to celebrate the success and show off what they completed.

Fast Pace

This place is fun to work at. The owners are very down to earth and laid back. It's fast pace but if you can keep up, you will learn a lot. Everyone is willing to share information with you to help your project be successful. There isn't a person there that is cut throat (as of this when this was posted)

Pros

Laid back, flexible hours

Cons

Standard of 9hr days

A difficult place to work

Blast Cleaning Technologies is a fast growing company and as such growth is often placed above employee retention. The amount of work was far greater than what the staff could handle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blast Cleaning Technologies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Blast Cleaning Technologies, Inc. Reviews by Location

Learn about Blast Cleaning Technologies, Inc. in popular locations

• Blast Cleaning Technologies, Inc.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?