Blaze Pizza Employee Reviews

Food Service Crew
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 17, 2019
I really appreciate work with them and some part new tech work during vary hours time but accept it learn how work experience and they learn commucation with me not easy difficult also some ASL that wonderful
Pros
Free lunch and drink
Cons
Food service
Great environment with excellent attitude
Shift Leader/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2019
Location was excellent, customers and team members were great to work with. Management was very hard to deal with as in the actual store manager, however assistant managers and team leaders were excellent. Would consider returning if the current store manager were not there.
Pros
great attitude of employees
Cons
short breaks no opportunity to advance withtin
fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 16, 2019
i worked at this place when i was in high school. i still go there and say hey o everyone because i really enjoyed working there. the pizza was good and the environment was great.
Pizza Maker (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 11, 2019
The employees are easy going and fun to be around and are nice and helpful. And wont just leave you on your own they will help you if you need it. The higher ups and people in charge are also easy going and fun to be around.
Management was a rude
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCJanuary 4, 2019
Management was a rude Only because certain situations it got hectic in the management yelled at staff in front of customers and sometimes even making them walk out of the store because their vocal was very loud but for as working with blaze was very well relaxing and chill never stressful
Pros
desserts
Cons
management
Management not effective she was not good at working
Assistant Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AlabamaJanuary 2, 2019
Great company great product great people management could be better. My only suggestion would be to get new management because she is struggling to run the store
Blasé
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2019
Don’t do it, man. Just a fair warning. The people running this don’t actually care about the needs of others, or food safety/sanitation. There are several mucky spots in the restaurant, which I was scrutinized for attending to (the sauce rack, the floor beneath it, the mop sink, the wall behind the dish pit, the wall behind the prep table, the tea brewer in the back that just leaks forever and supposedly doesn’t work but everyone uses it to brew drinks for the customers(?), the toilet handles with a crusty grime on them, etc). This place is gross and bad; I wouldn’t eat or work there.
Pros
Pizza
Cons
Management, safety, sanitation, pay, no benefits, stressful/hostile work environment
Good for first time experience.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 31, 2018
It is a first job type of job, nothing for an adult who needs to provide for a family. It is stressful at times, the GM will make you want to quit though.
Stressful
Blaze Pizza Team Member (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 30, 2018
Blaze seems like a fun company from the outside. I liked my peers there. However my manager made a stressful environment almost unbearable. She would often yell at us for the smallest mistake. Even on my first day I felt like I was an idiot because of her.
Pros
Half off pizza.
Cons
Short breaks, stressful.
Don’t recommend
Dough Maker (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 29, 2018
If you don’t want to be treated like nothing don’t work here.
They will force you do scripting and if you don’t theyll write you up. They don’t care about your well being rather you showing up. Whenever it is busy they could care less if it’s stressful they’ll be in the office on their phones and not helping. I don’t recommend this job to my worst enemy.

Advice to management:
Maybe learn how to run a business before you go around complaining it’s short staffed
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
Short breaks, lack of breaks, creepy men, uncleanliness
Good, fun environment to work in.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 28, 2018
Fun environment to work in. Nice friendly co-workers, Some managers were nice and understanding. Access to Disney tickets( if working at any Disney floor ground)
Pros
Discount
Cons
Working double shifts
Fun and exciting place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 26, 2018
A really fun environment where employees and be themselves and let it go. Yes you have the standards of coming on time and treating others with respect but there's an environment of being free of expression.
Fun work environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Slingerlands, NYDecember 26, 2018
Blaze was a good business to work for that helped show my strengths as a leader by taking the initiative to do more work than was needed to compensate for other employees. Helping other employees to benefit the work environment as a whole.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
Lack of leadership
Productive an fun
a little of everything (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 20, 2018
I like it is a job where we all live together, they are very good people we support each other and we give the best of each one but only work part time is a little tired by rratos when it is suddenly filled but depsies is
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
It’s finw breaks
Pretty good for a first job
Team member (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 19, 2018
This job will be similar to any of a fast food chain restaurant. The manager is pretty laid back and understanding about your personal life. Overall it was enjoyable for most of the time.
Pros
Plenty of work hours
Cons
Fast paced especially during lunch and night time
Fun & lively place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CA 90280December 18, 2018
Be prepared for fast-paced work & be responsible for your energy. Be open to working as a team & do not be afraid of constructive criticism. Blaze Pizza is a great company!
Great Environment - Terrible Workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXDecember 17, 2018
Typical Day at Work:
A typical day at work used to be relatively relaxed, even with how hard I would work, and everything would be done and ready for the people the next morning.

What you Learned:
I learned a lot but majority is your basic restaurant work.

Management:
Management was constantly at each other's throats and just about every manager spoke about the others negatively behind their back.
Not every manager was good at managing a shift and would often rely upon their best workers rather than improving those who could use assistance. Otherwise the managers themselves were pretty friendly and fun, just not all of them were the best at actually doing their job.

Workplace Culture:
The workplace culture was outstanding. Every employee there felt like they were a family.

Hardest Part of the Job:
The hardest part of the job was being asked to work even harder than I already was without a pay raise, or at least a significant one.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to actually do the task I was assigned without also being assigned 5 other tasks.
Blaze Is A Excellent Place To Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21201December 17, 2018
Out Going Atmosphere Friendly Employee They will Go Beyond To Make Sure U Have Great service The Food Is Delicious It’s A Fast Past Environment U get To Creat Your Own Pizza Or Pick From Already Design Pizzas Over All Great Place
Cool Environment
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 14, 2018
Pretty cool place to work. You will get out of it what you put in to it. It is food service after all. Team members are all pretty helpful, but portioning toppings incorrectly can get you in hot water.
Pros
pizza all the time
Cons
pizza all the time
Nice workplace just hard to get up on the ladder
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 14, 2018
It has it's moments when it can be busy, which is mainly lunch and dinner rushes on Friday nights. It can go from being slow for at least 20-30 minutes, to there being a random "rush" of at least 10-15 people.
Pros
Chill atmosphere, no drug test, can have tattoos and piercings
Cons
Hard to advance to better positions with better pay within the workplace